Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Rather Dashing posted:

Just a quick question of FOmod; I was under the impression that the game would automaticaly take into account that I have 4gbs of ram when I used the FOmod launcher - is this the case or have I made this up? Just trying to bump my performance up a bit.

FOMM? Nope, nothing is taken into account. There's a program called FNV4GB listed in the OP with instructions on how to get it working with FOMM and NVSE so you can theoretically take advantage of 4GB of memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

FOMM? Nope, nothing is taken into account. There's a program called FNV4GB listed in the OP with instructions on how to get it working with FOMM and NVSE so you can theoretically take advantage of 4GB of memory.

FOMM, that's the one, sorry. Should have double checked that.

Thanks! Feel stupid for going along like this without bumping my ram usage up but happy that I'll possibly get a better framerate now.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009

Rather Dashing posted:

Thanks! Feel stupid for going along like this without bumping my ram usage up but happy that I'll possibly get a better framerate now.
Another thing you could try is the fake fullscreen mod, which basically runs the game in fullscreen windowed mode instead of straight fullscreen. I find that it improves performance, and is functionally identical to running the game normally, except that you can't change the brightness slider from default. It works with FNV4GB and NVSE.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Strudel Man posted:

Well, I made Golden Bullets, if anyone's interested in a fairly silly and pointless mod.

Edit: They look a lot brassier in-game than they did in nifskope. :/

I like it. Needs more nails.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Rather Dashing posted:

Just a quick question on using FNV4GB - in the OP you say;
'4. In the "Custom Launch Command", direct FOMM to use the FNV4GB.exe instead. It should end up looking like:

"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\FNV4GB.exe"'
So do I always have to click through FOMM to Launch Game > Launch Custom New Vegas from now on, or can I just click the button on the right saying 'Launch Fallout'?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Rather Dashing posted:

Just a quick question on using FNV4GB - in the OP you say;
'4. In the "Custom Launch Command", direct FOMM to use the FNV4GB.exe instead. It should end up looking like:

"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\FNV4GB.exe"'
So do I always have to click through FOMM to Launch Game > Launch Custom New Vegas from now on, or can I just click the button on the right saying 'Launch Fallout'?

You should be able to select "Launch Fallout: NV" from now on. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Unless you're actively adding or removing mods in FOMM you don't have to launch Fallout: NV through it at all. After you've made your changes you can just launch FalloutNV or Fallout4GB like normal and all of your mods will be applied.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Anyone know what dictates where part of a mesh shows up in game? I found a mod that adds a left side pistol belt and holster, along with a .44 mag, but when I try to copy it into my leather riot armor mesh, the pistol disappears. I tried adding one from the Desert Scorpion pack, but despite moving the X axis to the left, it's always on my right hip.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

In other news,

Project Reality Dude posted:

"Echos of the Past is exactly that, in the past:) I've removed it. It was a faux pas on my behalf."

So the author of Project Reality sounds like a pretty alright guy. Good for him.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Yodzilla posted:

Unless you're actively adding or removing mods in FOMM you don't have to launch Fallout: NV through it at all. After you've made your changes you can just launch FalloutNV or Fallout4GB like normal and all of your mods will be applied.

Last time I (accidentally) clicked on the Steam shortcut to New Vegas, only getting as far as the launcher, it cleared my ini. file and I had to reapply various UI and mouse acceleration fixes.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Rather Dashing posted:

Last time I (accidentally) clicked on the Steam shortcut to New Vegas, only getting as far as the launcher, it cleared my ini. file and I had to reapply various UI and mouse acceleration fixes.

It'll actually only reset the ini files to default if you launch the game through the launcher. Having the launcher pop up on screen won't rewrite your changes.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Anybody using Reload from the OP? It seems to be having some trouble with Match ammo, I don't think the creator bothered to put it into the lists so it sits there, useless.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Can someone hold my hand for a bit? I'd like to install AG's Supplementary Uniques, but I'm confused by the options. There's a 2.6, 2.63, 2.64, and 2.64C on the nexus. I imagine I could just install them all sequentially, since they want me to overwrite things in my data folder. However, I prefer using FOMM so it's easier to uninstall mods when I need to do so or get sick of something.

What's the best way to 1) figure out which of these I actually need, and 2) turn the files into one or more .zips/.fomods that I can use FOMM to install?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Is Requiem for the Capital Wasteland worth the effort? The DLC's not supported yet apparently and there's missing stuff, and it sounds like it might be worth waiting for it to be polished.

I figured it was worth a shot to ask and see if anyone had spent much time on it.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Hog Butcher posted:

Is Requiem for the Capital Wasteland worth the effort? The DLC's not supported yet apparently and there's missing stuff, and it sounds like it might be worth waiting for it to be polished.

I figured it was worth a shot to ask and see if anyone had spent much time on it.

I've been using it and haven't encountered any problems yet other than a slightly longer start up time and some of the loading screen tips being garbled.

Edit: oh, and there is an optional esp. for the Point Lookout DLC, which is the only one worth playing anyway.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 8, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Arcturas posted:

Can someone hold my hand for a bit? I'd like to install AG's Supplementary Uniques, but I'm confused by the options. There's a 2.6, 2.63, 2.64, and 2.64C on the nexus. I imagine I could just install them all sequentially, since they want me to overwrite things in my data folder. However, I prefer using FOMM so it's easier to uninstall mods when I need to do so or get sick of something.

What's the best way to 1) figure out which of these I actually need, and 2) turn the files into one or more .zips/.fomods that I can use FOMM to install?

You need 2.6, with 2.63 installed on top. Then 2.64. 2.64C is a quick fix for 2.64, because it contained incorrect schematics for a weapon.

A good rule of thumb is to go on the Nexus page for the mod, look at the files, and compare file sizes. 2.6 is clearly larger than all the subsequent files combined, so you can generally assume it's required for the later versions.

Check out this tutorial on FOMODs. It might help. Since the .esp doesn't change names with subsequent versions (i.e. the author doesn't name the plugins, AG v2.6, AG v2.63, etc.) I imagine installing the files as FOMODs on top of each other would overwrite the previous plugins, which is a good thing.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 8, 2011

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Rather Dashing posted:

I didn't know that but I don't even use the launcher. You can just launch the game directly through Steam but renaming FalloutNV.exe to FalloutNVLauncher.exe. Or alternately just add the Fallout4GB.exe as a non-Steam shortcut. The only time you ever need the launcher is to change some graphical settings.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

I didn't know that but I don't even use the launcher. You can just launch the game directly through Steam but renaming FalloutNV.exe to FalloutNVLauncher.exe. Or alternately just add the Fallout4GB.exe as a non-Steam shortcut. The only time you ever need the launcher is to change some graphical settings.

I've always found that it's better to change the graphical settings through FOMM, since you can actually set values higher / lower than you can in the Launcher's panel.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I've always found that it's better to change the graphical settings through FOMM, since you can actually set values higher / lower than you can in the Launcher's panel.

Ooh, I never knew about that. Let's see if my computer melts.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Incidentally, does anyone know offhand how 'money' is identified in the GECK? How it knows that certain items (NCR bills & Legion coins) shouldn't have their price adjusted based on barter? The items themselves look wholly typical, and don't appear to be on any special lists...

Edit: Hah. Figured it out - the items in misc aren't actually the money items at all. The monies are under Caravan Money, a unique category.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 8, 2011

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I decided to bite the bullet and also put all the mass effect armors in, this will extend the release for a while but I think it'll be worth it:

I'll probably end up using the visor versions because I can't make that piece of glass look right.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 9, 2011

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Poor NCR Officer who gave you the emergency radio, he trapped here forever.

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."

Rirse posted:

Poor NCR Officer who gave you the emergency radio, he trapped here forever.

Put him out of his misery, please.

Cream-of-plenty is it possible for you to make your armor mod configurable? I like most of the armors, but I don't like that the NCR is gonna use M1 helmets and the Legion power armor, despite how cool the armor is. I also don't like the duster.

Really, thank you for doing this. We need better armor mods.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Ace Oliveira posted:

Put him out of his misery, please.

Cream-of-plenty is it possible for you to make your armor mod configurable? I like most of the armors, but I don't like that the NCR is gonna use M1 helmets and the Legion power armor, despite how cool the armor is. I also don't like the duster.

Really, thank you for doing this. We need better armor mods.

Oh, don't thank me too soon. The mod's on hold while I try to figure out the best way to unfuck the way armors are distributed into the game or Police Automaton releases his armor mod and it becomes the de facto armor mod. :ssh:

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Oh, don't thank me too soon. The mod's on hold while I try to figure out the best way to unfuck the way armors are distributed into the game or Police Automaton releases his armor mod and it becomes the de facto armor mod. :ssh:

Meh. I don't want Police Automaton's mod. It seems there's gonna be plenty of things I don't want in it, like the Mass Effect and Metro 2033 armors.

I'm learning how to use 3ds Max, though. I actually have plans about doing a webbing gear and armor mod when I finally get my poo poo together when it comes to 3ds Max. Those NPCs need places to store all their ammo, goddamn it.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I can guarantee you PA won't be making his mod configurable :keke: It will likely will get the cabinet treatment because he's lazy and he knows it. I'm still going to use the poo poo out of it because I swear half of my mods are armor mods. It'll be nice to have an all in one to cut down on the amount of mods I have active.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
Yeah, I'm not going to go through and put all that crap into leveled lists, everyone who's ever tried to put anything into them in a consistent way knows why. They'll have a nice cabinet and that's it. They do have vanilla-balanced armor values and prices, so if anyone ever wants to step up and add them to anything, that'd be cool, they're not unbalanced. I'd rather intended them as what the whole .esm is named, an Armor Collection. Good to put on yourself or on companions or on npcs in your own mod. That being said, it's not all Metro- and Mass Effect Armors either, there are a whole bunch of armors in there that are more Fallout'y, like this:

The thing is, I'm not incredibly interested in making a collection of "frankensteined" armors (armors put together from pieces of other, vanilla armors, there are literally five million of them out there and they're often of bad technical quality) and I'm not really interested in anime bikini armor either. (The collection already has too many female-only armors, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles in the modding scene and not my decision) If I'd restict myselves on top also only to armors that look by design like the armors that are already in game, the collection would consist of like, 4 armors.. and honestly, armors like those from mass effect look like the stealth suit NV has (only better) so they're not even that far off. They even have scratches and all, so they're immersive! :haw:

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Oct 9, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Police Automaton posted:

Yeah, I'm not going to go through and put all that crap into leveled lists, everyone who's ever tried to put anything into them in a consistent way knows why. They'll have a nice cabinet and that's it. They do have vanilla-balanced armor values and prices, so if anyone ever wants to step up and add them to anything, that'd be cool, they're not unbalanced. I'd rather intended them as what the whole .esm is named, an Armor Collection. Good to put on yourself or on companions or on npcs in your own mod.

What we need on this thread is a goon who is a master with leveled lists. Especially for armor mods, since there are essentially none of them that accomplish the same things as PN's equipment module, WMX, WME, CFW, or the FO3 Weapon Restoration Mod.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

What we need on this thread is a goon who is a master with leveled lists. Especially for armor mods, since there are essentially none of them that accomplish the same things as PN's equipment module, WMX, WME, CFW, or the FO3 Weapon Restoration Mod.

I wrote some small python programs for the armory before to automatize a lot of batch-edit things in the .esps, they cut down on quite a bit of work. I could imagine you could speed up editing of leveled lists a lot this way. But then again, as naky said I'm incredibly lazy and find the .esp format so boring and painful so I doubt it's gonna happen again. I'm at fault for a lot of the delay of the latest armory iteration just because I hated the .esp format so much. :shobon:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Maybe one of you guys can answer this question for me:

I'm still trying to figure out the "new vendor container" trick to adding poo poo to a merchant's inventory. I know that New Vegas handles vendors a *little* differently than the instructions provided on the GECK website.

So far, I've done the following:

1. Add the items to the mod with stats and everything.
2. Make "condition" leveled lists for each item.
3. Made a duplicate container for the relevant merchant and gave it a unique name and flagged it to respawn.
4. Added my "condition" leveled lists to the container (not the items, themselves).
5. Selected "NVVendorChestsCell" from the Cell View Window.
6. Drag / Dropped my newly created container into the window, adding it alongside the preexisting container.
7. Double-clicked the newly added container, made it persistent, and set its ownership to the merchant.

For my test, I did this with Goodspring's Chet, or "GSChet". Basically followed the directions to the letter, and started a new game to eliminate the possibility that the cell hasn't reset and I'm still looking at his old inventory. On a new game with a fresh cell, he still isn't stocking the new inventory.

What am I doing wrong?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

For my test, I did this with Goodspring's Chet, or "GSChet". Basically followed the directions to the letter, and started a new game to eliminate the possibility that the cell hasn't reset and I'm still looking at his old inventory. On a new game with a fresh cell, he still isn't stocking the new inventory.

What am I doing wrong?

Are the items low enough level to show up on a vendor list of your lvl 1-2 new guy? Also, did you have any theories for the graphics glitch I posted about yesterday?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Omnicarus posted:

Finally finished placing all of the new ammos from GRA. The ammunition dump in Lombard Station is pretty :stare:worthy now, I had to go back and add several new shelves. I've got tomorrow off so barring any massive bugs I'm going to finish up the scripting and testing tomorrow and release it.

Yeah I just sorted all sorts of new GRA and DLC ammo into nonexistence. Thank you for the update when it comes.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

While you do that let me thank you for putting the Slaughterarmor in because drat, that is a cool armor to ruin dudes in. I'm doing a big heavy weapons run and that fits it to a T.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Siljmonster posted:

Yeah I just sorted all sorts of new GRA and DLC ammo into nonexistence. Thank you for the update when it comes.

Any ammo that doesn't go into a box should be returned to your inventory. I'm unsure how you could sort any ammos at all without that function firing. You might want to try sorting again and see if they get returned. (Ammos that aren't covered by sorters go into the Miscellaneous Weapons Box and then get removed again. if sorting again doesn't work, try using the TCL function, then pass through the Assault Rifle weapon wall until a shitload of switches and crates appear. The one labelled Miscellaneous Weapons is the one you're looking for.)

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Omnicarus posted:

Any ammo that doesn't go into a box should be returned to your inventory. I'm unsure how you could sort any ammos at all without that function firing. You might want to try sorting again and see if they get returned. (Ammos that aren't covered by sorters go into the Miscellaneous Weapons Box and then get removed again. if sorting again doesn't work, try using the TCL function, then pass through the Assault Rifle weapon wall until a shitload of switches and crates appear. The one labelled Miscellaneous Weapons is the one you're looking for.)

Ah nice! Thanks for this, the weapons were in misc weapons but the ammo wasn't in the misc ammo box.

Siljmonster fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 9, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Fewd posted:

Are the items low enough level to show up on a vendor list of your lvl 1-2 new guy? Also, did you have any theories for the graphics glitch I posted about yesterday?

Yeah, the items I tested with were low-level pieces that started at level 1. Also, I had them each flagged to have 100% chance of showing up. I've gone through about 30 pages on the Bethesda forums looking for people who have run into the same problem, but haven't found a solution.

Are you talking about the "withered hands" bug? Not entirely sure. Is it persistent? I've had that happen to me with vanilla clothes, but it spontaneously corrects itself.

RBA Starblade posted:

While you do that let me thank you for putting the Slaughterarmor in because drat, that is a cool armor to ruin dudes in. I'm doing a big heavy weapons run and that fits it to a T.

No problem. I think it's seriously a cool armor, and it fits the Fiends perfectly.

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
So I'm just getting to FO:NV now, since I've been busy with school and whatever since release.

Of course, like a long-time Gamebryo tool, I can't play through my first time without tons of mods, so I'm having crashing issues. It all seems to be save related, and the game will crash randomly upon autosaves(hasn't done that to me yet with quicksaves, but that's probably just statistics talking). Atop that, usually when I crash, trying to load any save will just result in an infinite loading screen unless I start a new game then load from there.

Blah, what's going on? Something particularly glaring in my load order?

FalloutNV.esm
ClassicPack.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
DeadMoney.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
HonestHearts.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
rePopulated Wasteland.esm
SCAV.esm
NVCE Main.esm
CASM.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
Existence2.0.esp
EVE FNV.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp
Project Nevada - EVE.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
TWO BEARS HIGHFIVING.esp
Western Sky - Darker Nights.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp
w44Satchels - Lite.esp
ExtendedNVRadio.esp
NVCE DLC01.esp
NVCE DLC02.esp
NVCE DLC03.esp
NVCE DLC04.esp

I've deleted my NV folder and reinstalled a few times with differing FOMOD load orders, but it always seems to come out the same in the end.

I can only imagine it's something with the cache files considering the 'infinite load unless I start a new game first' thing.

EDIT: My earlier load order was alot simpler but still had the same issue:

FalloutNV.esm
ClassicPack.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
DeadMoney.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
HonestHearts.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
EVE FNV.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
Western Sky - Darker Nights.esp

Which is about the minimum amount of mods I'm willing to play with. I'm used to crashes with Gamebryo mods and whatnot, but the whole 'crash on save, unlimited loading screen upon reload' bit has me stumped. I'm likely behind the times though, and this is some kind of fantastic NV-exclusive thing.

TerminalBlue fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Oct 9, 2011

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

TerminalBlue posted:

Blah, what's going on? Something particularly glaring in my load order?
The only thing that immediately springs to mind is the Project Nevada OWB file, which should be the cyberware version instead of the non-cyberware version. Most of the other stuff doesn't seem to be conflicting to me. The obvious question is have you tried BOSS auto-sorting it yet? Make sure you run an update for the newest list before you do, just in case.

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!

Syndlig posted:

The only thing that immediately springs to mind is the Project Nevada OWB file, which should be the cyberware version instead of the non-cyberware version. Most of the other stuff doesn't seem to be conflicting to me. The obvious question is have you tried BOSS auto-sorting it yet? Make sure you run an update for the newest list before you do, just in case.

I had yet to hear of this magical program you speak of. I wiped my folder(again) and am going to try it from the beginning, one mod at a time, using BOSS.

I'm pretty sure it's something to do with Project Nevada, though I can't see the cyberware/non-cyberware thing causing whatever saving issues I've been having.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Anyone know what I can repair an armoured duster with in PN?

(other than another duster, they're like 5k)