Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herobotic
Oct 9, 2007

You know, we've had a lot of fun here today, but there's nothing funny about people who pretend to throw a ball without actually throwing a ball.

Screaming Idiot posted:

I love this picture.

This looks cool, what's it from?

Edit: Nevermind, decided to try the google image drag and drop, and it's from One Missed Call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canis minor
May 4, 2011

thread, please don't die :(

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

eithedog posted:

I think those are nuuttipukkis, in celebration of St. Knut's Day. Young men got drunk and dressed up in all kinds of rags and masks, sometimes walking on stilts, and roamed from house to house demanding food and drinks. My dad told me that it was the scariest thing ever when he was a kid. Can't blame him.

Lolitas Alright!
Sep 15, 2007

This is your friend.
She fights for your freedom.

eithedog posted:

What's so creepy about this? He's just trying to get to Oz! :iamafag:

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Just saw this in the gif thread and I thought I'd bring it to the proper place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD_NdnYrDzY

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

High tech fleshlight

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A water flea at xBAJILLION zoom

Synthbuttrange has a new favorite as of 07:31 on Oct 8, 2011

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

SynthOrange posted:

A water flea at xBAJILLION zoom

That's pretty awesome, but all I can see is

canis minor
May 4, 2011

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
Out of focus doesn't equal unnerving.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

eithedog posted:

What's this from?

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

eithedog posted:

This is from a Sleepytime Gorilla Museum show, I believe.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

cloudchamber posted:

Out of focus doesn't equal unnerving.

Not quite - your mind fills in the blanks. However, consider this example:

it is blurry, and at least for me it's creepy as hell. I know that it's not death, that it's artistic vision of the photographer, but the old man reminds me of weird aliens from Dark City, of men in suits cruising with black volga, picking random people of streets, of when my grandfather was dying. There are memories that you don't quite remember, but your mind just makes connections.

Liku posted:

What's this from?

This is of course Shirley Temple and apparently the movie is Baby, Take a Bow.

Fell
Feb 22, 2007

by Cowcaster

eithedog posted:

This is from Trick 'r Treat right?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yeah that's Trick R' Treat.

Liku posted:

What's this from?

Looks like The Bad Seed.

PaleFigure
Sep 3, 2007

the other white meat

AutistTree
Mar 28, 2010
A chinese artist does paintings on several panes of glass

Imagine coming face to face with these in dimly lit room...

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

AutistTree posted:

A chinese artist does paintings on several panes of glass

Imagine coming face to face with these in dimly lit room...

I bet these look incredible in person.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

eithedog posted:

legit unnerving image
legit unnerving image
legit unnerving image
legit unnerving image

legit unnerving image
legit unnerving image
legit unnerving image
legit unnerving image

Why is mama meatball so funny to me?

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

PaleFigure posted:

All of these people were dead when this picture was taken. You're looking at posed corpses. This is the creepiest thing I've seen all day.

Sir Prancelot
Mar 7, 2008

:h:Knight of the
Rainbow Table.:h:

PaleFigure posted:

These guys look so loving excited. "Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme dat bread!" :3:

Naxos
Apr 26, 2008

Sir Prancelot posted:

These guys look so loving excited. "Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme dat bread!" :3:

Yeah, but what you don't see is that this is actually a wall of fish baring down on that poor person with the bread - they have piled on top of each other and will consume him whole.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Naxos posted:

Yeah, but what you don't see is that this is actually a wall of fish baring down on that poor person with the bread - they have piled on top of each other and will consume him whole.

Those are catfish and I'm from the souf, so that picture just makes me about as hungry as the fish look.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Pharmaskittle posted:

Those are catfish and I'm from the souf, so that picture just makes me about as hungry as the fish look.

Same here. I was thinking MOTHERFUCKING FISH FRY!!

Sir Prancelot
Mar 7, 2008

:h:Knight of the
Rainbow Table.:h:

Pharmaskittle posted:

Corn meal batter and big fat fries and some cole slaw mmmm boy. :dance:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pharmaskittle posted:

That was always great entertainment at riverside restaurants as a kid: flip a crumb over the dock and watch the instant catfish food riot!

canis minor
May 4, 2011

AutistTree posted:

This is so cool - though, painting on glass is so time consuming.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Anyone else run across this weird Prius ad while browsing youtube? I saw it and my immediate reaction was "Who thought this would make people want to by cars"

People made out of people should be left to horror flicks/games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz50_1Y2pXU

Rujo King
Jun 28, 2007

I say old chap have you any of the good sort of catnip if you know what I mean... harrumphaarmaammhhhmm

Eldercain posted:

Anyone else run across this weird Prius ad while browsing youtube? I saw it and my immediate reaction was "Who thought this would make people want to by cars"

It's also been on TV. When I saw it, I said, "What the gently caress, Salvador Dali is working for Toyota?" Between that and the "It's a car!" campaign for the Yaris, I am convinced that Toyota has completely lost its poo poo.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(I'll /timg the trench if asked, but I think it adds to the last pic)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gunt McBadpost posted:

Any backstory to this?

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_General_Harry_Taylor_%28AP-145%29#Missile_Range_Instrumentation_Ship
Photos from here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/underwater-photography/299577-keys-wreck-photo-report-spiegel-vandenberg.html

(You can drag images straight into the google search bar to search by the image itself)

CATTASTIC has a new favorite as of 02:29 on Oct 15, 2011

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Thanks for the info and the image search tip.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Wartooth
May 31, 2011

Eldercain posted:

Holy poo poo, Clive Barker wrote a story that is pretty much this, but in a slightly larger scale. It's called "In the Hills, the Cities". I recommend it.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

:siren: Film recommendation: The City of Lost Children.

It's a French film with a twisted storyline (bad guy kidnaps children to steal their dreams + more) accompanied by stunningly beautiful and creepy visuals.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

fork bomb posted:

It's a French film with a twisted storyline (bad guy kidnaps children to steal their dreams + more) accompanied by stunningly beautiful and creepy visuals.

Going to check this out now!

For content, have a creepy spider.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

fork bomb posted:

I remember seeing a trailer for this on the Heavy Metal VHS when I was a kid. I thought it looked pretty cool then. Thanks for reminding me of it. Also, Ron Perlman is in it, so it has that going for it.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

fork bomb posted:

It's free on FEARnet this month, for what it's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

This doesn't match the tone of the rest of the thread, really, but this picture has always unnerved me. Unnaturally big things have always freaked me out, and all I can think when I see that picture is what being on that goddamned boat must be like...

• Locked thread