Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
movax
Aug 30, 2008

Desperate attempt to draw traffic to a site? Or legitimate excitement?

quote:

I'm sitting in on a press briefing for AMD Bulldozer right now, and while everything is embargoed, I will say this: If you're building a gaming PC, this is going to be the way to go.

Edit 1 We're gonna be covering the normal stuff (Benchmarks, etc.) but we're also going to talk about value proposition against Intel as well as some of the exciting new advancements that Bulldozer brings to the table. On October 12th, 12:01am CST.

Edit 2 "We" means Icrontic . I'm not trying to shill my site or anything; we do have a Bulldozer on the testbench, we sat in on a press briefing tonight, and we will have a launch-day piece about it. Of course, you'll also find reviews and other awesome content at [H], AnandTech, TechReport, and so on. Please consider us in your content rotation, we're a small but very, very dedicated team who have been doing this since 2000. Thanks!

I won't be surprised if this delivers all the performance you need for games (and then some) at a very competitive price point compared to Intel. And sufficient performance for modern games usually means sufficient performance for most other desktop tasks.

I'm kind of excited to see what the G34 Bulldozer variants will deliver. I'll likely be working on a G34-based refresh for one of our server boards soon and having some Bulldozer action to toss in (and the lower TDP) will be awesome.

Have they said what SB this mates with yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Reads like the first one. But I'm all for unexpected good news. Companies usually don't sit on it after crowing in the early stages about how profound an improvement it's going to be. Getting quieter and quieter closer to release with bad things happening --> jump out with confetti and a sign saying "Gotcha!" while your stockholders go all "et tu" on you for ruining that portion of their portfolio?

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
Sufficient gaming performance doesn't require an i5/i7 - most current games are still playable on a 2/3/4 core Athlon 2. I'll eat one of my socks if these upcoming benchmarks actually outpace Intel's current line, though.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Civil posted:

Sufficient gaming performance doesn't require an i5/i7 - most current games are still playable on a 2/3/4 core Athlon 2. I'll eat one of my socks if these upcoming benchmarks actually outpace Intel's current line, though.

Yeah, the fact they phrased it that way made me worry too.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

trandorian posted:

Yeah, the fact they phrased it that way made me worry too.

The way they talked up the value proposition against Intel, too.

I do like the "Please add us to your rotation guys! Please!!"

movax posted:

Desperate attempt to draw traffic to a site?
Have they said what SB this mates with yet?

Best comment from the link

quote:

Cool! Very excited for the NDA lift. Sadly, I put my computer fund into AMD stock, so I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to afford a new computer :D

:-/

Computer nerds playing at being daytraders :allears:

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Oct 6, 2011

freeforumuser
Aug 11, 2007
PCM NL leaked benchmarks:
http://www.overclock.net/rumors-unconfirmed-articles/1134704-pcm-leaked-dutch-fx-8150-review.html

Summary:

Cinebench 11.5
FX-8150 = 6.01
2600K = 6.73
2500K = 5.73

Dirt 3 - 1080p HD5970
FX-8150 = 105 avg, 75 min
i7-965 = 93 avg, 71 min

Far Cry 2 - 1080p DX10 max
FX-8150 = 111 avg, 23 min
i7-965 = 126 avg, 75.2 min

Mafia 2
FX-8150 = 68.3 avg
i7-965 = 76 avg

Power consumption - full load
FX-8150 = 120W

Overclocking
5GHz, 1.47V

Edit: Link fixed. Thanks Movax!

freeforumuser fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 6, 2011

movax
Aug 30, 2008

freeforumuser posted:

PCM NL leaked benchmarks:
http://www.overclock.net/rumors-unco...50-review.html

Fixed Link

Module architecture reminds me a bit of what the Xenon can do, in terms of having 3 cores but each being 2-way SMT capable.

Benchies look good; not many people are going to really need more than four cores but the price point is nice and it can at least play in the same field as Intel now.

movax fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 6, 2011

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Didn't we already know BD would be behind the highest-end of the last-gen i7's in gaming and single-thread stuff?

I'd like to see the #'s for Cinebench, single CPU

freeforumuser
Aug 11, 2007

Bob Morales posted:

Didn't we already know BD would be behind the highest-end of the last-gen i7's in gaming and single-thread stuff?

I'd like to see the #'s for Cinebench, single CPU

There's Cinebench 10 in there:
2600K = 5800
FX-8150 = 4024

Single threaded IPC = (5800 / 3800MHz) / (4024 / 4200MHz) = SB has 1.6x better IPC per clock than BD.

That's really sad. Actually I think thats even worse than Phenom II.

freeforumuser fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 6, 2011

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

freeforumuser posted:

Far Cry 2 - 1080p DX10 max
FX-8150 = 111 avg, 23 min
i7-965 = 126 avg, 75.2 min

This is just confusing, how can the FPS vary by almost 90 for the AMD chip while the Intel chip only varies by 51?

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Now I want to see the benches of it running at 5ghz comparing to the intel line up

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

trandorian posted:

This is just confusing, how can the FPS vary by almost 90 for the AMD chip while the Intel chip only varies by 51?
It looks like the AMD processor takes more serious hits from high-demand computing situations (more physics calcs, more enemies/ai, etc) than the intel processor does. Might be that the code is optimized for one architecture, but the thing that matters is that any new chip runs all existing code well, and that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
I wonder if it has any way of keeping two floating point threads from being assigned to the same module? There were cases back in the day when HyperThreading reduced performance significantly, and it seems like there could be situations where you get similar problems on Bulldozer.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
I'm not sure if that will be an issue. With hyperthreading, that problem has been largely solved at the OS level at this point. It's quite possible that will be a trivial fix with BD chips.

gemuse
Oct 13, 2005

Factory Factory posted:

All this time I've taken IPC to refer to Instructions Per Clock (which Intel is also kicking AMD's butt with). The More You Know.

When concerning CPU performance, it does mean Instructions Per Clock. While a fast CPU (and especially fast/efficient core/socket interconnects) may speed up Inter-Process Communication, it is mainly a software implementation issue and a not a metric for CPU speed. Unless there are benchmarks showing a marked performance advantage for Intel vs. AMD in Inter-Process Communication, which is independent of other characteristics of the CPUs (such as memory, cache or integer performance), I think Agreed is confused.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

gemuse posted:

When concerning CPU performance, it does mean Instructions Per Clock. While a fast CPU (and especially fast/efficient core/socket interconnects) may speed up Inter-Process Communication, it is mainly a software implementation issue and a not a metric for CPU speed. Unless there are benchmarks showing a marked performance advantage for Intel vs. AMD in Inter-Process Communication, which is independent of other characteristics of the CPUs (such as memory, cache or integer performance), I think Agreed is confused.

That's a definite possibility, though I was under the impression (could be wrong!) that there's a significant factor in the actual instruction sets/microarchitecture in terms of how they can be utilized by operating systems. E.g AMD's K10 vs. Bulldozer, and Sandy Bridge.

K10: Superscalar, out-of-order execution, 32-way set associative L3 victim cache, 32-byte instruction prefetching

Bulldozer: Shared L3 cache, multithreading, multicore, integrated memory controller

Sandy Bridge: Simultaneous multithreading, multicore, integrated memory controller, L1/L2/L3 cache. 2 threads per core.

compare that to Intel's post-Netburst return to the P6 style with the Core architecture - 4 issues wide, ditched hyperthreading and introduced macro-ops, increase to 64 KB L1 cache/core split between L1 data and L1 instruction.

I thought all that would have a pretty significant impact on Inter-Process Communication because of the fairly dramatic differences in how the microarchitecture structures execution. But if I'm wrong, tell me so, always happy to learn.

gemuse
Oct 13, 2005
I was a bit hasty, some parts of the microarchitecture can have a large impact on some IPC performance, such as the speed of execution of instructions that support locking primitives such as CMPXCHG, which has IIRC indeed seen some performance gains in later Intel CPUs. Benchmarking CMPXCHG and similar can give you some indication of the CPU's IPC performance, but since there a some types of IPC of which does not necessarily depend on hardware support, it will only be limited to measuring just a subset of possible IPC mechanisms. And in any case, it will tell you nothing of the general performance characteristics of the CPU. A CPU that has fantastic lock performance can sucks at everything else and vice versa.

IPC meaning Inter-Process Communication here of course :)

A fast CPU will probably be pretty fast at IPC as well, but as said, it's not a metric like Instructions Per Clock (which has it's own problems).

freeforumuser
Aug 11, 2007
FX-4110 Quad-core @ 4.2GHz leaks from China @ xtremesystems.org

It doesn't take much effort to Google current Phenom II scores for comparison.

Superpi
Worse than 965BE (20.529 vs 18.252 secs)

3dmark Vantage CPU
Worse than 965BE (10664 vs 11395)

W-Prime:
Much worse than 965BE (17.191s vs 10.764s)

7-Zip compression
Worse than 975 BE (11387 vs 12547)

7-Zip decompression
Worse than 975 BE (12701 vs 14294)

Cinebench
Single-threaded: Worse than 975 BE (1.03 vs 1.09), BTW this is the same score reported by the 8150 @ 4.2GHz PCM NL leak.
Multi-threaded: Much worse than 975 BE (3.31 vs 4.27)

What is this I don't even. How can AMD make a new quad-core that loses to their previous generation quads clocked 600-800 MHz slower? This is a trainwreck of epic proportions.

freeforumuser fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Oct 8, 2011

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

College Slice
A quad-core Bulldozer should be compared to a dual-core Phenom II. Each Bulldozer module contains two integer cores and a floating point unit, so a "quad-core" Bulldozer is only two modules.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast
We knew that, but still, they either need to go back to the drawing board and re-market it as core = module as opposed to module = 2 cores, otherwise this is just a flat out embarrassment..

freeforumuser
Aug 11, 2007
The cat is out of the bag now, with a legit Romanian hardware review site doing a FX-8150 preview:

http://lab501.ro/procesoare-chipseturi/amd-fx-8150-bulldozer-preview/14

tl;dr version: Loses heavily in everything to 2600K, except Handbrake it comes within 1% of 2600K. BD isn't going to find itself in the SH/SC recommendation thread anytime soon.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

College Slice
How does the first Bulldozer review describe performance? "Downright tragic."

If those numbers are anywhere near what the platform should be producing, AMD is hosed. It's simply not performing worth a drat in multi-threaded applications, and that should be its strong-suit. The fact that in some tests it's even losing to a Phenom II leaves me at a loss for words.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Really surprising considering the HardOCP guy alluded to buyers being happy with BD if they overclock.

If these numbers are close to being remotely true then that JFAMD guy will never be able to show his face on boards again after all his "these aren't official benches and should be regarded as fake!" talk the past two months in response to "leaks"

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Alereon posted:

How does the first Bulldozer review describe performance? "Downright tragic."

If those numbers are anywhere near what the platform should be producing, AMD is hosed. It's simply not performing worth a drat in multi-threaded applications, and that should be its strong-suit. The fact that in some tests it's even losing to a Phenom II leaves me at a loss for words.

Yeah, this is just incredibly bad news. I am still waiting for Anandtech to get their hands on it, but it's looking more and more like AMD is delivering this product effectively stillborn. Meanwhile, tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock...

Edit: I can't believe how miserable the floating point performance is. How in the gently caress can they put in two flexible 128-bit floating point hardware units per module and get results that are so deflated? And its overclocking seems to be "about as good as Sandy Bridge for clock rate" with worse performance and ungodly power draw. Intel's improvements to hyperthreading, optimizations for its usage, and processing efficiency mean they're wiping their asses with Bulldozer's floating point performance, which of anything, ANYTHING it should be able to dominate at, should be that. Some kind of absolutely tragic mistakes and bad decisions and poor guesses and rotten luck combined here, the modules thing appears to just totally screwed. I was concerned about the way their new execution process might look when the gaming benches suggested that AMD has much wilder variance when intensive processing that involves more guesswork in the pipeline starts going on, but this really underlines that their module idea is a rotten egg.

This is just poo poo. They must have spent a lot of time trying to make this into something worthwhile but it's just more disappointment and they can't afford that. I dread the opening of trading if this information is generally out by Monday. God drat.

Again, I am still waiting for official stuff, but silence from AMD is absolutely deafening at this point given the nature of the information coming out. Fuuuuuuck.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Oct 9, 2011

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Man, this is beyond pathetic. AMD really has no hope of regaining any lost ground. Especially considering windows 8 is coming soon, and it will run on ARM, the old battle of Intel vs AMD will just become irrelevant. It's going to be Intel vs ARM. No one in their right mind is going to buy this lovely loving processor.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

hootimus posted:

Man, this is beyond pathetic. AMD really has no hope of regaining any lost ground. Especially considering windows 8 is coming soon, and it will run on ARM, the old battle of Intel vs AMD will just become irrelevant. It's going to be Intel vs ARM. No one in their right mind is going to buy this lovely loving processor.

Intel vs. ARM isn't even a battle. Intel laptops can run for 7 hours (Macbook Air, Macbook Pro) or more time (netbooks) all while having way more computing power to hand than any ARM chip.

The latest, most cutting edge, 8 core ARM chips are on par, performance wise, with a Core 2 Duo from 2006, and take just as much power to do that as said Core 2 Duo chips did. Cost more too. It would take a radical change in a lot of things to get comparable performance for everyday non-trivial Windows applications on the ARM platform, and if things actually started getting close, Intel could simply license ARM themselves and start cranking them out again.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Well what I mean is, Intel wants to compete in the mobile device world (phones and tablets) and they couldn't give a poo poo about AMD. With Win 8 supporting ARM, that will give Intel extra incentive to compete, because every Win 8 tablet or phone with an ARM inside is a lost sale for Intel.

I could be wrong, Win 8 on ARM could be total poo poo, in which case Intel would not care. But I think it's going to become a big deal for them and for consumers in general.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

College Slice

trandorian posted:

Intel vs. ARM isn't even a battle. Intel laptops can run for 7 hours (Macbook Air, Macbook Pro) or more time (netbooks) all while having way more computing power to hand than any ARM chip.

The latest, most cutting edge, 8 core ARM chips are on par, performance wise, with a Core 2 Duo from 2006, and take just as much power to do that as said Core 2 Duo chips did. Cost more too. It would take a radical change in a lot of things to get comparable performance for everyday non-trivial Windows applications on the ARM platform, and if things actually started getting close, Intel could simply license ARM themselves and start cranking them out again.
I'm not sure where these rumors of poor performance scaling on ARM got started, but they simply aren't true. The Dhrystone MIPS performance numbers from this Wikipedia article are illuminating. To start with, performance on a currently-available ARM Cortex A9 is almost exactly double the clock-for-clock, core-for-core performance of the Intel Atom. The upcoming ARM Cortex A15 architecture dramatically improves performance and efficiency, a dual-core Cortex A15 at 2.5Ghz would be similar in performance to an Athlon 64 X2 4200+ dual-core CPU, and a quad-core Cortex A15 at 2.5Ghz would beat any Intel Core 2 Duo ever produced, including Core 2 Extreme processors. As far as power usage, you can buy cellphones with dual-core 1.5Ghz Cortex A9s, and while the Cortex A15 is more powerful and complex, it also heralds the shrink to 28nm. While a quad-core Cortex A15 would be more like a powerful tablet or netbook processor, we're still talking <5W maximum.

The reality is that with the move to an out-of-order architecture in the Cortex A9, ARM processors became performance competitive, especially with low-power x86 designs like the Atom. With the move to the Cortex A15, per-core performance rises to a level that begins to be adequate for desktop workloads. When paired with a current-generation mobile GPU you have performance that's better than a 360/PS3, meaning even gaming isn't outside the realm of possibility. When you consider whether such a system would be usably fast, remember that people were happy to buy Atom netbooks and nettops with a tiny fraction of the raw CPU power and no ability to play video or do 3D, but an ARM processor can do all that AND is unencumbered by a legacy x86 Windows codebase. We're not going to see ARM beating Core i5s for desktop performance benchmarks, but i3s might be within reach, and with a fraction of the power usage.

Edit: I should note that it's hard to directly compare a mobile processor built on a low-power manufacturing process to a desktop one built on a high-performance process, much less processors with vastly different CPU architectures. If ARM decided to directly attack the desktop market, they'd probably design a processor to be built on a high-performance process and scale to high clockspeeds. This is a lot of work and will take a long time, so it's likely that they'll just attack the periphery of the market with Cortex A15, where Intel/AMD's performance isn't required. Keep an eye on nVidia though, they have a project to develop a high-performance ARM processor using Code Morphing Technology they licensed from Transmeta. Code Morphing was originally used to try to run x86 code faster and more efficiently on a special processor custom-designed for the purpose, the Transmeta Crusoe. nVidia licensed it with the goal of making x86 programs run on their ARM processors, but Intel sued to put the kibosh on that. Instead, nVidia will go back to Transmeta's roots and try to use Code Morphing to run ARM code on a custom-designed CPU even faster/more efficiently than it would on an ARM CPU.

Alereon fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Oct 9, 2011

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

freeforumuser posted:

The cat is out of the bag now, with a legit Romanian hardware review site doing a FX-8150 preview:

http://lab501.ro/procesoare-chipseturi/amd-fx-8150-bulldozer-preview/14

tl;dr version: Loses heavily in everything to 2600K, except Handbrake it comes within 1% of 2600K. BD isn't going to find itself in the SH/SC recommendation thread anytime soon.

Oh man that is a complete slaughter, what a disappointment.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Oh dear. I still want proper reviews, but nothing we've seen is good.

Edit: Just skimmed through and looked at all the images in that preview. Dear god. Worse than the 2600k all round, whilst using more power. Advertised as 8 core, yet is crapped on by a 4 core with HT. (Yes, I understand why they call it 8, and why it isn't in truth). I don't know what AMD can do now. This architecture is a dead end. drat.

Bulldozer? More like a plastic toy shovel..

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Oct 10, 2011

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

If Bulldozer is doing this poorly on the desktop, I can't imagine what kind of trouble they're having with Virgo and Comal. Comal will be especially difficult because its a mobile platform that needs its power profile kept within lower limits than a desktop. At the very least, they need them to match Lynx and Sabine or they're going to be an even tougher sell than Bulldozer. Especially since this coming year's Fusion lineup will be using Bulldozer cores for mainstream APUs with Bobcat-based APUs for low-power applications and no announced K10-based APUs in the pipeline.

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

Agreed posted:

Again, I am still waiting for official stuff, but silence from AMD is absolutely deafening at this point given the nature of the information coming out. Fuuuuuuck.

Yea, them being silent plus all the delays is what finally made me give up on BD. In theory the chip sounds like it should be pretty good while having a smaller die size but it looks like AMD hosed up their implementation. Usually when any of these tech companies have something good they "leak" info. like a sieve. When they gently caress up they get as quiet as a mouse and then start pimping the next product.

AMD is being very quiet on BD but is happily hyping up Piledriver (improved BD) for next year.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
If Bulldozer matches an 2500k in terms of performance and price, is that enough?

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Ragingsheep posted:

If Bulldozer matches an 2500k in terms of performance and price, is that enough?

I don't think so; the 2500K was essentially completed a year ago, if not longer. Several revisions of the chip have been taped out, the chipsets for it are mature and Intel is busy at work getting Ivy Bridge ready for mass product; 22nm ES silicon is already at the majority of ISVs, and that product will only exceed Sandy Bridge performance with no regressions (ideally) as well as correcting some Sandy Bridge errata.

I think AMD has to provide a very compelling budget-conscious processor, an area they have historically dominated in (hell I picked an Athlon II for my server build several years ago because the equivalent Intel hardware was a good $150+ more and delivered less performance).

Delivering a comparable product is good, but it is not so good when you're always racing to catch up and your competitor has the resources to put out an immediate successor to the chip you're trying to compete with, as well as being a full generation ahead with physical silicon of their next generation architecture.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Ragingsheep posted:

Not really, because by current numbers, it's using a LOT more power to do less.
Unless the price is significantly less, you'd have to an AMD fanboy to buy AMD chips for mass desktops (power concerns) or your gaming desktop (limits your GPU performance, as well as sucking down more power, meaning the thing will be a drat space heater combined with the GPU).

I think Brazos is the only thing AMD has going right now, which isn't saying a huge amount. Having a chip that's marginally better than Atom in all ways is a low-end space to play in.

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Oct 11, 2011

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Not to mention that 2500k's overclock like beasts out of hell and are getting a price cut the moment the bulldozer chips come out. You are also guaranteed an upgrade path if you really need it to the ivy bridge models.

Bulldozer is too little too late for AMD.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
My Llano chipset's got some interesting performance. It's a laptop A6, and for some reason, it's possible to overclock/undervolt the thing. The 1.4ghz/2.2ghz turbo seems incredibly generous, the Tj. Max is 115c according to querying it using CoreTemp (which may be wrong, I'm not really trying this yet, personally.)

It'd be rather interesting if they kept going with the low cost stuff in laptops, as this was the best thing I could find under $600 or so. I'm wondering if they could release unlock codes like the i3 ones to enable a system to run at 1.6/2.4 or something like that.

It seems like the combination of graphics and CPU is doing really well in low-end mobile gaming, even if the higher end CPUs are doing terribly.

I'm wondering if the way they're doing production is to just have really generous testing to minimize the number of unacceptable chips.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Not to mention that 2500k's overclock like beasts out of hell and are getting a price cut the moment the bulldozer chips come out. You are also guaranteed an upgrade path if you really need it to the ivy bridge models.

Bulldozer is too little too late for AMD.

I thought Intel didn't cut prices of their chips. But yeah, AMD is getting a serious black eye off this one. I hope it doesn't mean the beginning of the end. Intel needs a competitor.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Civil posted:

I thought Intel didn't cut prices of their chips. But yeah, AMD is getting a serious black eye off this one. I hope it doesn't mean the beginning of the end. Intel needs a competitor.

They've announced a 2700K which will take the price spot of the 2600K, should just be a binned 2600K if I understand it correctly but that would trickle down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Civil posted:

The 2700k will replace the 2600k so the 2600k will get a natural price cut. I'd guess they'll lower the price of the rest of the chips to compensate as well but there's a chance Intel wont do it cause lack of competition etc.

• Locked thread