Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Rinkles posted:

Very pretty. The lighting is painted right (i.e., won't move in game)?

Nah, I don't paint light on any more. 100% dynamic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Maybe you're just being neurotic. Take a screenshot so we can see!

Possibly, I'm also extremely OCD about the game and still want to find a why to get my bullets to hit where I shoot them 100% of the time.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

VisAbsoluta posted:

Also about being neurotic, sometimes I feel like some weapons from AGSU make my framerate go slightly lower, does anyone ever noticed it?

No, it definitely does. I brought it up a while back, with v2.5 I think. Naky said it could possibly be from bad meshes or something, like some of the models have errors in them.

The Stitcher (the shortened .22 SMG) from v2.5 would consistently slam my FPS for no discernible reason. I could look in a certain direction and get a steady framerate, then pull the weapon out and everything would go all jerky. Pull out a different weapon and the framerate shot back up. Very strange.

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave
The frankensteined guns from AGSU are really neat but as with most :nexus: mods they could use a little polish. Those textures in particular, jesus christ...

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

VisAbsoluta posted:

:nexus: :psyduck:
You know, the thing that really offends me about this is the fact that his intended usage requires going into the console.

Fallout scripting isn't exactly difficult, buddy. :mad:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

MadPierrot posted:

The frankensteined guns from AGSU are really neat but as with most :nexus: mods they could use a little polish. Those textures in particular, jesus christ...

Most of them look pretty good in-game, in my opinion. They all use vanilla assets, so the stuff that looks like crap is mainly because some of the vanilla textures look like crap. That's all resolved when you pair AGSU with Arenovalis' WRP.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Arenovalis posted:

Nah, I don't paint light on any more. 100% dynamic.

Great! Though it's like it was that big a deal before.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Brace posted:

Possibly, I'm also extremely OCD about the game and still want to find a why to get my bullets to hit where I shoot them 100% of the time.

Well, you can try this mod:
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34723

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Grinning Goblin posted:

Well, you can try this mod:
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34723

I'm pretty sure Project Nevada does this, but I'm still paranoid by it.

The Wreck
Aug 16, 2004

I think I brained my damage

Brace posted:

I'm pretty sure Project Nevada does this, but I'm still paranoid by it.

You can always use FNVEdit to make the changes yourself. I don't remember what the settings were, but if you load up the no auto aim you can see for yourself. It's only a few numbers that get tweaked. I've used the no auto aim mod since FO3 and it's always worked like a charm.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
NV is acting up on me. After downloading the game for the nth time (for whatever reason it's been constantly "updating") it no longer allows me to directly start from FOMM, instead the launcher now always pops up. What's more, a number of mods don't work anymore - I think it's those that require NVSE, like PN. Launching via the 4GB .exe is also screwy (Darnified works as if the fallout_default.ini hadn't been changed). All this happened after updating. I didn't add any new mods between it working fine and this.

Help?

e: Reinstalling the big stuff seems to have cleaned things up for now.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 10, 2011

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Regarding readius, does it somehow get rid of the DT bug that has apparently been introduced in the last patch?

I don't recall seeing it before and now I'm constantly missing the DT value from the top of pip-boy and randomly missing DT values on gear. It's just some graphical glitch but still annoying. I actually prefer the original pip-boy but might use readius if it doesn't have the bug.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Fewd posted:

Regarding readius, does it somehow get rid of the DT bug that has apparently been introduced in the last patch?

I don't recall seeing it before and now I'm constantly missing the DT value from the top of pip-boy and randomly missing DT values on gear. It's just some graphical glitch but still annoying. I actually prefer the original pip-boy but might use readius if it doesn't have the bug.

I don't think that's a new bug, if we're thinking of the same thing. It actually comes from wearing / viewing armors that have both DR and DT. For example, if you stopped viewing the "Rebreather" as it was displaying its DR value, then removed it, you'd get stuck with nothing in your DR / DT display until you viewed or selected another piece of equipment with DR. It's...strange, but I've recalled seeing it for a long time now. I'd be interested in hearing if and how the Readius fixed it.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Weird. I got almost 400 hours clocked in (I know... :smithicide:) and I've never seen, or at least noticed, that bug before this reinstall. Though I got a new motherboard and processor now so who knows, maybe a mysterious spirit world hardware thing is involved.

Although, new hardware got rid of the bug where I couldn't play the game at all without the DLL fix from Nexus, so I'll gladly trade that problem for this.

e: Also, come to think of it, it might very well be the DR from Med-X causing it then. Playing with Logan's Loophole and I've been snorting that stuff down like there's no tomorrow.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Oct 10, 2011

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
How can I effectively use FNVedit to check for conflicts? I've been poking around with the apply filter tool but I've just been guessing at what options I need checked or unchecked.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

I'm liking LPAM a lot, I used to do something similar with the good armors I would find on the Nexus except I would manually add everything to level lists. The one suggestion I have is that you update the repair FORM IDs for power armor and whatever else is affected so that the legion power armor can be used to repair other armors.

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

Omnicarus posted:

Finally finished placing all of the new ammos from GRA. The ammunition dump in Lombard Station is pretty :stare:worthy now, I had to go back and add several new shelves. I've got tomorrow off so barring any massive bugs I'm going to finish up the scripting and testing tomorrow and release it.

W00t, can we see a shot of it? I assume you've got Columbus day off too so hopefully we'll see it today :)

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Too clean atm, but I still dig how it's looking ingame.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Arenovalis posted:

Too clean atm, but I still dig how it's looking ingame.

:circlefap:
Where can I get this?
I want more sexy guns to shoot Molerats / Bloatflies / etc. with :I

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

SheepNameKiller posted:

I'm liking LPAM a lot, I used to do something similar with the good armors I would find on the Nexus except I would manually add everything to level lists. The one suggestion I have is that you update the repair FORM IDs for power armor and whatever else is affected so that the legion power armor can be used to repair other armors.

I sort of gave up on LPAM after I couldn't convince GECK to add the items to any vendors, even after following tutorials / imitating other mods. I'll probably start back up on it when the quarter's over, but most of it doesn't work as advertised at the moment. If I do get the ball rolling again, I'll definitely do what you're requesting, so that the repair system works as intended.

V!ntar
Jul 12, 2010

I'll give you something to die for, baby, let's go insane.

And we can paint the town red, now show me that Crimson Rain.
I'm trying to mod a piece of clothing from a mod I got from the Nexus. I deleted part of this clothing using NifSkope, and I want to wear it along with other armor, but both occupy the same armor slot. How can I change it?

EDIT: Nevermind

V!ntar fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 10, 2011

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

How can I effectively use FNVedit to check for conflicts? I've been poking around with the apply filter tool but I've just been guessing at what options I need checked or unchecked.

The six along the outside are the only ones you need checked to find conflicts. (Conflict Status, Conflict, Critical Conflict, Flatten Blocks/Sub Blocks, Flatten Cell Children, Conflict Status inherited by Parent) I'm not quite sure when or why the inner three were checked for me, or what they even really do.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Does anyone have a recommendation for a house, or maybe an upgrade to one of the existing ones?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I know it goes against the very idea of the mod, but could you give us a cabinet-only version, Cream-of-Plenty? I quite liked some of the armors you have there :ohdear:

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 10, 2011

Gutrot
Dec 17, 2004

you're*

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I sort of gave up on LPAM after I couldn't convince GECK to add the items to any vendors.

I had to add the new chests into the cells the vendors occupied to get this working.
Check out Knight Torres in the Brotherhood of Steel bunker and Gloria Van Graff in the Silver Rush in the Classic Energy Weapons mod for how I got it to work.

p.s. if anyone can tell me how to tone down the glossy shininess on the Laser Defender in that mod, I'd be most grateful. Faffing with the .nif's glossiness slider and setting Unknown Int 2 in BSSShaderPPLightingProperty to various values such as 32769, 1 and 0 doesn't seem to affect it. The only way I've found to influence it is to change either the diffuse or normal - can't remember which now - .dds texture alpha channel to all black, which kills the gloss entirely and looks Bad.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Gutrot posted:

I had to add the new chests into the cells the vendors occupied to get this working.
Check out Knight Torres in the Brotherhood of Steel bunker and Gloria Van Graff in the Silver Rush in the Classic Energy Weapons mod for how I got it to work.

p.s. if anyone can tell me how to tone down the glossy shininess on the Laser Defender in that mod, I'd be most grateful. Faffing with the .nif's glossiness slider and setting Unknown Int 2 in BSSShaderPPLightingProperty to various values such as 32769, 1 and 0 doesn't seem to affect it. The only way I've found to influence it is to change either the diffuse or normal - can't remember which now - .dds texture alpha channel to all black, which kills the gloss entirely and looks Bad.

Hey, thanks for this. I'll probably see what I can reverse-engineer this weekend.

VisAbsoluta posted:

I know it goes against the very idea of the mod, but could you give us a cabinet-only version, Cream-of-Plenty? I quite liked some of the armors you have there :ohdear:

If I can figure out how to keep the mod floating, yeah I'll probably do that.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Okay this release is finally good to go. Sorry I was later than usual. There weren't any bugs but there were some areas that looked rather ugly. I'm still not 100% satisfied with it but if I kept going until I was then it would probably never be released. Additionally: If you are upgrading you should use the take ammo function in the ammo dump to get all your ammo out. Some boxes are deleted and you will lose ammo if you leave it. You can add it back after upgrading :)

Lombard Station 04 Release posted:

Lombard Station, Release 04
Released: Monday, October 10, 2011

Installation:
Just put the 7zip file in your Data folder and extract it. If you prefer to use the Fallout Mod Manager, just use the package installer like any other mod.

Synopsis:
This mod adds a small player hideout in the hills above Goodsprings. Accessing it requires just a little work. Look under the barstool in Goodsprings to start the note-trail. In case you want to really blaze ahead, go to Jean Sky Diving southeast of Goodsprings, go inside the shack, and grab the key on the floor by the dead NCR private. While you're there take the dynamite from the dead Powder Gangers. You will need six to clear the cave-in. After that you'll see the Lombard Station marker on your map. Go there with the dynamite and clear the cave in. That's it!

Important Notes:
-The loading order must be in the following order:
+Lombard Station.esp
+Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
+Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
+Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
+Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
+Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
-If you are lacking a DLC, you may notice empty areas on the display walls or ammo shelves. This is space where the DLC content goes once activated.
-The garbage bin in the kitchen will delete all of the items in it every 3 game days.
-Shoot the Volare! quest reward decor at your own peril.
-Timed 25mm Grenades are not stocked by the ammo dump because I didn't know they existed when I was adding the ammo boxes.They are sorted just like normal munitions, though.

Next Release Plans:
- Linking Lombard Station to The Sink from Old World Blues through a teleporter once you've completed OWB.
- Turning the initial quest into a proper quest rather than a note trail. This is more for streamlining purposes than actually adding content. The scripts that give you the station map point, etc, have proven unreliable with some mod combinations and getting rid of it in lieu of a quest will hopefully fix those rare occurances.
- General cleanup of some scripts. They work fine but some of them are just hideous to look at.
- Expanding the decor enabled by completing quests and gaining reputation.
- Addtional Companion support and improved NavMeshing.
- Coyote sex and a slave dungeon.
- Continuing to fix bugs as they crop up and further polishing.

Known Problems:
- The Police Pistol will not display properly if you don't use Arenovalis's Police Pistol retexture. Sorry.
- If you use your Pip-boy instantly after using a crafting station you may find that your crafting items don't go back into the crates. This is just from the script not having time to run to completion. It takes about .5 seconds for the script to finish so if you find this happening often, count to one after you craft then open your inventory. Also consider being a real life gunslinger because you've got hellishly fast hands.

Update History:
++Lombard Station, Release 04++

- All DLCs except for Courier's Stash are now supported when their respective module is activated. This includes all of the sorting systems, the weapon walls, ammo shelves, and the crafting system.
- Extensive reorganization of weapon walls to accomodate the new weapons.
- Renovated the Ammo Dump with additional shelves to accomodate new ammunitions.
- Decor will be added to the hideout when you complete certain quests or gain enough reputation with a faction.
+Note: This will be expanded upon in the future. Currently supported are the Boomers, NCR, Legion, and Helios Power Facility quests.
- Numerous background scripting fixes, optimizations, and polishing. The whole station is a lot prettier as far as the behind the scenes work goes. It will be far easier to update on my end and easier for anyone else to mod if they decided to add a different feature.
- Minor lighting adjustments.
- The multiplying crafting items have been fixed. No more 40 x 10^25 Deathclaw Eggs!
- Weapon Sorting Bugs from the 03 release have been fixed.

Download Here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8E4SWQ2W

I've tested it pretty extensively. No game crashing bugs to my knowledge or infinite death claw hands. If you run across anything just let me know and I'll get it fixed.

Edit: Oh! Thanks for reminding me.

Omnicarus fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 10, 2011

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.
Downloading now, gotta clean out Lombard 3.0 before i install it though!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Omnicarus posted:

Okay this release is finally good to go.

Yessss :toot:

Also, for you armor making types:

How do I turn a BSfadeNode into a NiNode? That gun fits _perfectly_ in the holster but it won't show up in game at all :(

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Best news about this new release is that I'm taking a break from modding for a while to actually play the game in my free time. I may actually get past Novac for once, or even beat a DLC! :clint:

Gutrot
Dec 17, 2004

you're*

Omnicarus posted:

Lombard, hooray!

Awesome. Been using version three of this for the past fortnight or so, and it's pretty much everything I wanted for my robotic cowboy Courier to use as a hideaway. There were some typos on the terminal journal entries, but I guess they can be chalked up to its previous occupants' preoccupations.

Edit: Hell, welcome to Pedant's Corner. All in the service of improvement.

John Henry Eden's address:

"Just as our situation is new, so we must think anew in order to rebuilt our great nation."

"Rebuilt" should be "rebuild".

"Let us thereforce (...)"

"Thereforce" should be "Therefore"

Totally read it in Malcolm McDowall's voice, btw.

Lt. Colonel Blackwater seems to abhor capitalisation at the beginning of any typed sentences that don't involve the surnames of his superior officers, but then so does my boss and it's consistent, so that's probably a stylistic choice.

Recovered document 03-07-2220
"Looks like they set took a flamer to the whole room and left."

Should maybe be "Looks like they took a flamer (...)". Rob's all about colloquial mid-Western vernacular, though, so maybe not.

Recovered document 03-14-2270
"Mercy as a good ring to it"

Probably should be "Mercy has a good ring to it". Not sure if this is just a display issue with the first letter in "has" being chopped off, though, as the sentence is split after "Mercy" and spills onto the next screen.

Recovered document 04-05-2271
"That makes out numbers well below 500"

"That makes our numbers well below 500"

Recovered document 04-06-2271
"After that I everything blends together"

"After that everything blends together"
Seems to be an extra blank page at the end of this entry.

Recovered document 04-07-2271
"Evern worse, Teresa, Kreger, and Raleigh left Goodsprings with Anna for an camp (...)"

"a camp"

Gutrot fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Oct 10, 2011

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Signature weapons is awesome as can be, A bit unbalanced for already powerful stuff but drat now I can just use any gun I like and have it be viable. :swoon:

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Zedd posted:

Signature weapons is awesome as can be, A bit unbalanced for already powerful stuff but drat now I can just use any gun I like and have it be viable. :swoon:

My feelings exactly. I've been sporting my nail gun since level 1 and it is death incarnate at level 23.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

Just use one of those Protectron pods as a transporter mechanism or something. That's what those things always make me think of when I see them anyways.

Huh, that's kind of what I'm reminded of when I see them as well.

But not exactly.

Well, actually this version fits the Fallout esthetics better...

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Capn Beeb posted:

How do I turn a BSfadeNode into a NiNode? That gun fits _perfectly_ in the holster but it won't show up in game at all :(
Right-click, convert.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Yeah I figured it out pretty much right after I posted. Gun still won't show up in game though. I just want to add an entire weapon mesh to my armor mesh :(

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Zedd posted:

Glad to hear it. :)

I've got half a mind to go back in and rework Bottomless so you can take it with thrown weapons, though, since they definitely need it...

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Gutrot posted:

The alpha channel of the normal map is the Specular Map, with black being no spec and white maximum spec. You can make it a solid value or create a grayscale map to define what parts are highlighted and which arent.

Glossiness is different but related, it's how sharp or wide a specular highlight is. I'm not sure if the settings in the nif actually work or not though.

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah I figured it out pretty much right after I posted. Gun still won't show up in game though. I just want to add an entire weapon mesh to my armor mesh :(
You most likely need to take the gun mesh into Blender and rig it to the body skeleton to have it show up and animate correctly.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Omnicarus posted:

Stuff

Thanks! I was just asking for a player home a few posts above yours, so clearly this was meant to be!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Internet Friend posted:

You most likely need to take the gun mesh into Blender and rig it to the body skeleton to have it show up and animate correctly.

Yeah I figured as much. poo poo. I have no idea how to do that :saddowns: