Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Pablo Gigante posted:

Oh yeah, it totally sounds like Nice Dream actually

Nice work, pardner! :hfive:

Elohssa Gib posted:

I was watching this movie on animal performers called It's Showtime on Netflix Instant and they played a song that I liked but I can't find what it is called.
The lyrics for the first verse and chorus are:
Old man Jenkins had a cat, he lost his cat one day. and when he couldn't find his cat you'd hear old Jenkins say "Here, pussy, pussy, pussy, pussy, pussy, pussy, pussy(x5), where is that gosh-darned cat!?

You can hear the song at about 25 minutes into the movie. If anyone could tell me the title and artist I would be thrilled.

This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZfSBKgp6WQ

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 28, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

baka kaba posted:

Nice work, pardner! :hfive:

This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZfSBKgp6WQ

Yes! Now to make a filthy ringtone out of it. Thanks

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007
Ok this is a longshot. I heard a song when I went out to lunch a couple days ago and now I must figure out what it was. Only problem is I cant remember the lyrics :(

It sounded like it was from the 80s.. maybe early 90s. It was a very upbeat love song, but not the sappy kind. It was basically this guy singing about this girl and how she was so amazing and he wanted to show her off to everyone and he kept describing all the different ways that she was so awesome.

I have tried my hardest to search but the term "love song" just brings up all kinds of sappy and slower songs. This was definitely quick and upbeat sounding. A better way to describe it might be a "Crush" song or "Check out my new girlfriend" song.

I know its not a lot to work with. I will be amazed if someone can figure this out.

Rubies
Dec 30, 2005

Live Forever
Die Every Day

:h: :s: :d: :c:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYI99xuI9CM&ob=av3e

I doubt that's it because it doesn't sound 80s at all, but that's all I can think of v:shobon:v

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Could anyone tell me the song at the beginning of Jim Jefferies "Alcoholocaust"? I can't quite make out the words to google the lyrics, but maybe someone here will recognize it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO_9sSxVUms

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Hocus Pocus posted:

Could anyone tell me the song at the beginning of Jim Jefferies "Alcoholocaust"? I can't quite make out the words to google the lyrics, but maybe someone here will recognize it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO_9sSxVUms

You mean the generic instrumental bit as he runs down the street? I don't know the song but the words at the beginning are a sample of Wooderson from the movie Dazed and Confused. That may not help much though since that quote is pretty well known (and awesome).

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Dogo posted:

Ok this is a longshot. I heard a song when I went out to lunch a couple days ago and now I must figure out what it was. Only problem is I cant remember the lyrics :(

It sounded like it was from the 80s.. maybe early 90s. It was a very upbeat love song, but not the sappy kind. It was basically this guy singing about this girl and how she was so amazing and he wanted to show her off to everyone and he kept describing all the different ways that she was so awesome.

I have tried my hardest to search but the term "love song" just brings up all kinds of sappy and slower songs. This was definitely quick and upbeat sounding. A better way to describe it might be a "Crush" song or "Check out my new girlfriend" song.

I know its not a lot to work with. I will be amazed if someone can figure this out.

Not She's So Lovely is it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ABNEjPxWEg&ob=av3e

And can you remember if the lyrics were about the girl ('she's this and that'), or if they were sung at her? ('You're so bla bla.') That might help

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007

Rubies posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYI99xuI9CM&ob=av3e

I doubt that's it because it doesn't sound 80s at all, but that's all I can think of v:shobon:v
Nope :(. It definitely is way more 80s

baka kaba posted:

Not She's So Lovely is it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ABNEjPxWEg&ob=av3e

And can you remember if the lyrics were about the girl ('she's this and that'), or if they were sung at her? ('You're so bla bla.') That might help

Nope not it either :(. The lyrics were definitely about the girl ('she's this and that')

Thanks for the attempts

showdown
Jul 10, 2001

Smellrose

Dogo posted:

Nope not it either :(. The lyrics were definitely about the girl ('she's this and that')

Thanks for the attempts

I'm going to ignore everything you said about the 80s and guess Bruno Mars - Just the Way You Are which is probably still in heavy radio rotation

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

The song that Dogo (what a weird name heh) is looking for reminded me of a song.

I believe the guy is comparing a girl to a car. This may or may not be his/her song but now I'm trying to remember this one myself.

It was also funny seeing that Tripping Daisy video. In Jr. High English class we had a bring your tape/CD and lyrics to school week. Someone brought that track in so I hadn't heard it in 15+ years.

Bambi
Jan 26, 2009

Any time you see Delekhan post, make this face and tell him how much he owns.
I'm thinking of a fairly-recent song and I can't remember what it is or who it's by, but I very distinctly remember the music video - it had the singer (a female) riding a bicycle at night, and occasionally these guys dressed in animal costumes would pop out from behind her and ride alongside her on their bikes.

Anyone have any clue what I'm talking about?

edit: nevermind, google is my friend :downs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EICkZWEzFGE&hd=1

Bambi fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Oct 1, 2011

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Dogo posted:

Incredible longshot, because it only just barely matches your description and wouldn't likely be playing on the radio and/or at a restaurant, but...

A song about a guy wanting to show his girlfriend off to everyone reminds me of Suicide Machines - New Girl (although it's actually a song about rubbing a new girlfriend in an old girlfriend's face, upon re-examining the lyrics after ages).

A song with a guy describing different ways a girl is awesome also brings Blink-182 - Josie to mind, but that's an even bigger longshot.

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild
I was at a record store today and they were playing some kind of mix tape or whatever you kids call it today. The first song really caught my ear. It was just a drum loop, with a sort of ethereal descending violin part repeated over it. The next song sampled JJ Fad's "Supersonic" but just the word "super-" over and over. Not much to go on, I know.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Ok, I must be mishearing these lyrics because I've put every combination I can think of into google and gotten nothing, but I've heard part of a song on the radio a couple times and can't find it anywhere. It's a pop song that sounds like it has some British influence, and the bit that I remember goes something like:

"Ooooh no, where did my lovin go? Ooooh no, she said it was my lovin, my lovin, my lovin, my lovin."

Something like that.

submarines
May 9, 2010
I'm looking for the name of a country (?) rag time song.

I included a clip of me playing part of it(though only the intro bit is accurate).

Any help would be great!

http://tindeck.com/listen/bvri

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
Looking for 2 songs from around 2000-2001

1) Kind of rap-metal, the music video is about some kind of revolution, the song starts with the guy talking and slowly it turns into some kind of rap and then rock/metal music starts.

2) It's R&B/rap, they are 2 or 3 guys and the music video is in black and white (from what I recall) and they sing their part alone on the screen and peel their skin to reveal the guy that sings the next part.

Yeah... good luck with that!

SSJ Reeko
Nov 4, 2009
I've an entire track stuck in my head from some video game, but for the love of me I can't pinpoint what. This is gonna be vague as poo poo, and I'm sorry.

It has this violin that goes kinda high, but mostly keeps at this level, steady, kinda quick pace. Then something that sounds like low-fi trumpets comes up and plays it's own thing, while the violin is still going. So you have the two going on at once, and it all sounds like it's building up to something, with gradially higher notes until it goes back to just the violin.

The whole thing has a sense of "dramatic building up", but it doesn't ever climax. It's violin, then some trumpety sounds (I don't think it's from an SNES game, the violin seems too clear) that escilate and escailate until it caps off with a return to that steady violin. It's only about 30-45 seconds long, and it ends with a fade out. It might have been a playstation game from the low-fi-ish sounds of the trumpets, but I could be completely wrong. It's PROBABLY from an RPG, but again, I can't be sure.

It sounds like something you'd hear getting ready for a mission, or when you're about to fly a plane. Build up really is the way to describe it. I thought it was an Ace Combat song at first, but I looked through 5's soundtrack and it isn't there. It's crystal clear in my head but I can't name it at all. It's driving me batty.

SSJ Reeko fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Oct 5, 2011

trapt
Sep 21, 2010

trapt posted:

Looking for 2 songs from around 2000-2001

1) Kind of rap-metal, the music video is about some kind of revolution, the song starts with the guy talking and slowly it turns into some kind of rap and then rock/metal music starts.

2) It's R&B/rap, they are 2 or 3 guys and the music video is in black and white (from what I recall) and they sing their part alone on the screen and peel their skin to reveal the guy that sings the next part.

Yeah... good luck with that!

#1 is Nothing's what is seems from Project Wyze.

Still need help for #2!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

SSJ Reeko posted:

I've an entire track stuck in my head from some video game, but for the love of me I can't pinpoint what. This is gonna be vague as poo poo, and I'm sorry.

It has this violin that goes kinda high, but mostly keeps at this level, steady, kinda quick pace. Then something that sounds like low-fi trumpets comes up and plays it's own thing, while the violin is still going. So you have the two going on at once, and it all sounds like it's building up to something, with gradially higher notes until it goes back to just the violin.

The whole thing has a sense of "dramatic building up", but it doesn't ever climax. It's violin, then some trumpety sounds (I don't think it's from an SNES game, the violin seems too clear) that escilate and escailate until it caps off with a return to that steady violin. It's only about 30-45 seconds long, and it ends with a fade out. It might have been a playstation game from the low-fi-ish sounds of the trumpets, but I could be completely wrong. It's PROBABLY from an RPG, but again, I can't be sure.

It sounds like something you'd hear getting ready for a mission, or when you're about to fly a plane. Build up really is the way to describe it. I thought it was an Ace Combat song at first, but I looked through 5's soundtrack and it isn't there. It's crystal clear in my head but I can't name it at all. It's driving me batty.

Not something from Tomb Raider is it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13WYZzauXMM
There's a few similar ones on there

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

SSJ Reeko posted:

Maybe you're vaguely remembering the FF7 battle theme?

SSJ Reeko
Nov 4, 2009

Erebus posted:

Maybe you're vaguely remembering the FF7 battle theme?

I wish it was that easy, but no. It was a lot less bombastic, it's just the violin and this trumpet thing. It's a lot more somber than this.

Thanks though

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

It's a mild stretch since it has drums in it, though it fits the somber tone portion and the trumpet/violin part well as part of it could be heard as violin.

FF7's Cid's Theme

I do also remember this being played when you're about to do a flyover of one of the locations around mid-game.

Mecha-Tech
Nov 3, 2008
In the BBC production of the London New Year's fireworks show, they have a 10 minute fireworks show set to music. At 8:18 in the video, a techno song plays until the end of the fireworks show....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy_9bx6U8_0&t=8m17s

Wat is song?

edit: I should learn to read comments in Youtube videos. Non-fireworks mix of all the music with song titles in subtitles.

http://www.youtube.com//watch?v=QRflJS5ruOQ

Mecha-Tech fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 6, 2011

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
A while back I remember this chip tune youtube music video where two guys were laying on a concrete floor and the camera was above them. One guy was rapping the other guy was playing a game boy.

The rapper would have his glasses change colors. Also the background would change colors like an old tv turner switch, like the colors would be purple and neon green.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
A song was playing in the garage the BBC F1 team was standing nearby and I know I've heard it before but I've never known the artist name. Anyone here know it? It's pretty dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RE0Cin86lI

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older

XausF1 posted:

A song was playing in the garage the BBC F1 team was standing nearby and I know I've heard it before but I've never known the artist name. Anyone here know it? It's pretty dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RE0Cin86lI
Moves Like Jagger

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

breadcrumb trail posted:

Moves Like Jagger

Yessss, thanks a bunch!

Tailwhoop
Oct 18, 2008

Luigi to Kobe's Mario.
Before the point of the video actually starts, a little guitar riff is played. I tried asking on the video but did not get an answer, so I turn to you goons. Please help. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAXYqGjrF1Y

sc0tty
Jan 8, 2005

too kewell for school..
Posted this in another "things I've lost thread", but worth a shot here as well.

Rap/hip-hop type song, and I don't remember any lyrics other than he constantly finished lines with the word "up". Like he would say "hosed up", "messed up", "shot up" etc. Mostly spoken word without too much melody and had a sad and depressed theme to it (may have been about Heroin addiction).

I first heard it via a YouTube video of the artist recording it in the studio. The guy is white, and he is wearing *i think* a white t-shirt, has some tattoos on his arms and may have a hat on. I remember he got quite sweaty during the recording near the end of the song.

Thats pretty much everything that I can vaguely remember in my head, so hopefully someone can work there magic and help me out. I am aware how ridiculously cliched and awful the above information is to go off, so I'll just cross my fingers and leave it here. I don't think the song itself is too obscure as I have heard it around before.

SSJ Reeko
Nov 4, 2009

Death Dealer posted:

It's a mild stretch since it has drums in it, though it fits the somber tone portion and the trumpet/violin part well as part of it could be heard as violin.

FF7's Cid's Theme

I do also remember this being played when you're about to do a flyover of one of the locations around mid-game.

No such luck, thank you though. I suppose somber isn't the word, I just always think that when I hear violin. I reaaally wish I coudl figure this out.

It's a bit like I Am The Doctor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D-QPDGhCtM in the way the violin works at the begining, but it stays that way rather than going frantic.

Basket of Kittens
Feb 22, 2008

Across the Rio Grande
This is gonna be a hard one, but it's one I recently remembered randomly

It was a free album from about 2004/2005/2006

I found it through YTMND way back in the day, yeah that site. There was a YTMND site that was a panorama shot of the moon (camera turning around on the lunar surface) and the song was playing

The song, or album I think had the name "Whales" in it, either as the album name or as the name of the song

It was an upbeat piano song

EDIT: This ytmnd has it, mixed with 3 other songs, it's the piano you can barely hear over the other songs:

http://moonspin1.ytmnd.com/

EDIT: Found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFElht79eUc

Basket of Kittens fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 17, 2011

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Trying to identify the name of this song, it's a hard trance track that is in any number of mixes from the late 90s. If you've listened to any trance mix from 98-2001 you've heard it, I just don't know the name of it. Thanks!

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic

Basket of Kittens posted:

EDIT: This ytmnd has it, mixed with 3 other songs, it's the piano you can barely hear over the other songs:

http://moonspin1.ytmnd.com/

Am I focusing on the wrong part or are you looking for Axel F?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

regulargonzalez posted:

Trying to identify the name of this song, it's a hard trance track that is in any number of mixes from the late 90s. If you've listened to any trance mix from 98-2001 you've heard it, I just don't know the name of it. Thanks!

"Substance" by Jon Vesta

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

tacodaemon posted:

"Substance" by Jon Vesta

Thanks!!

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Big Fat Edit: The title of the song and some crucial lyrics just popped into my head today, and I remembered that the song was "Strength in Numbers" by The Music in 2008.

JDRockefeller fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 12, 2011

LoadedDice34
Jun 14, 2010
I'm trying to remember the name of this rap group from the 90s that only had two albums and rapped over jazz-fusion based beats. Any ideas?

edit: nevermind, I figured it out. It was Digable Planets

LoadedDice34 fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 12, 2011

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

So don't. Stay here with me.
I am looking for an instrumental/post-rock song. It was piano- rather than guitar based, and the drums/beats made me think it was a remix maybe but who knows. It had a quick tempo (so not anything by Eluvium or Mono), and the entire song consisted of just the piano + drums theme being developed, no sudden shifts. It sounded like something by Maserati, 65daysofstatic or This Will Destroy you maybe, though I don't think it's by any of those. I'm sure it's not by Explosions in the Sky, Mogwai, Mono, Ratatat, Caspian, GY!BE, God is an Astronaut, The Evpatoria Report, Toe, Te or Sigur Ros.

I realize this is extremely loving vague but I don't think I'll be able to find it any other way.

Sarah Bellum
Oct 21, 2008

Dogo posted:

Thanks for the attempts

She Makes My Day by Robert Palmer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011
So... This is an awesome song that my former dance school used to play for the rumba. I've already asked 3 different internet forums throughout the years with no luck, and I don't expect anyone here to know if but it would be *so* amazing if someone did.

This is a song by a young-sounding woman. My dance teacher identified it as "She" by "Sam", but that hasn't given any results (also, the singer is female, so the title does sound unlikely). It goes something like this:

"You're the one / You are mine / You are so many things / You're the one / On my mind / Growing under my wings / You are all / That I need / Make it count / Make them see / You are mine and you're all you should be".