Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

to your average wiki editor, yes

So you're working out and getting buff so you are strong to do what?

"Getting women" as if they are objects to do what? gently caress them and forget about it? Some life. "Getting women" improves your social status amongst those who hi-five people for being "playa"s. Who gives a drat about being more social amongst those vapid wastes of food and employment?

Video games are a great way to have fun, and enjoy things that are availible to you in life. Not only this, but the making of a game is an art form - by playing through, say, an RPG, you are treated to a grand story that is just overwhelmingly more fufilling than going out, loving some chick, hi-fiving yourself and calling it a night.
Preceding unsigned comment added by 127.0.0.1 (discuss) 05:59, 11 October 2011 (UTC)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
is there any wiki significance of the ip being 127.0.0.1

like maybe it was jimmy wales or something, or one of the sysadmins or something

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
could just be his username

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

not gonna lie i'd add a comment in every japan article saying "this is bigger than anime in japan" just to tweak wikinerds

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Lutha Mahtin posted:

not gonna lie i'd add a comment in every japan article saying "this is bigger than anime in japan" just to tweak wikinerds

ugh, there will be some inexplicable backlash that involves making pictures crappier or having giant ?'s just floating around pages or somethign

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

CoupleBeersNoBeers posted:

is there any wiki significance of the ip being 127.0.0.1

like maybe it was jimmy wales or something, or one of the sysadmins or something

no i threw that together using that old quote and the default unsigned comment thing

there are probably lots of wikipedia editors who feel that way though

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

a few years back there was some shithead state republican who got himself arrested. i replaced his wiki photo with the mugshot and argued that, being the most recent officially-released government photo of an elected official, the mugshot was valid. people immediately took up the cause and were fighting over it for at least the month i bothered keeping tabs.

i hope you enjoyed the above story about wikipedia.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Pakled posted:

So you're working out and getting buff so you are strong to do what?

"Getting women" as if they are objects to do what? gently caress them and forget about it? Some life. "Getting women" improves your social status amongst those who hi-five people for being "playa"s. Who gives a drat about being more social amongst those vapid wastes of food and employment?

Video games are a great way to have fun, and enjoy things that are availible to you in life. Not only this, but the making of a game is an art form - by playing through, say, an RPG, you are treated to a grand story that is just overwhelmingly more fufilling than going out, loving some chick, hi-fiving yourself and calling it a night.
Preceding unsigned comment added by 127.0.0.1 (discuss) 05:59, 11 October 2011 (UTC)

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

We've traced the preceding comment... It's coming from inside the wiki. Now an arbitration committee member is coming over right now, just get out of the wiki!!

mr_jim
Oct 30, 2006

OUT OF THE DARK

duTrieux posted:

a few years back there was some shithead state republican who got himself arrested. i replaced his wiki photo with the mugshot and argued that, being the most recent officially-released government photo of an elected official, the mugshot was valid. people immediately took up the cause and were fighting over it for at least the month i bothered keeping tabs.

i did, ty.

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:

mr_jim posted:

i did, ty.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

duTrieux posted:

lol thats p good

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

duTrieux posted:

was anyone else arguing in favor? what's the pic now?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i spent about a half-hour reverting changes and pushing the "official state photo" claim while watching my stories on the teevee. everything after that was self-sustaining; this was during the run-up to the last election.

as for the current state of the page, i don't actually know. the guy isn't even from my state and the only thing i do remember is that he had a very punchable face.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i actually had that post typed up a few days ago, but decided to wait a bit and see if i could remember the details.

:siren: SPOILER ALERT i couldn't. :siren:

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

lol @ sitting on posts for DAYS

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

in notepad

Note: Since you are not the owner of this rights-managed post, you can
cut or copy only the part of the message that you create for this reply.
The OP can send the entire contents to other people. This poster is
licensed to post posts only in the State of California. Responses are
based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
yospost_incubator.txt

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

duTrieux posted:

in notepad

see lurkers, this is how you become pro-tier

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

"oval office"

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

look at dat fukken frames

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Something_Awful#4chan

good god lookit dem words

they are discussing the change of a single sentence

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

motherfucking tryptofish

find who he is and permaban him in whatever way results in his entire post history being replaced with [citation needed]

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

fork bomb posted:

lol @ sitting on posts for DAYS

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

duTrieux posted:

i actually had that post typed up a few days ago, but decided to wait a bit and see if i could remember the details.

:siren: SPOILER ALERT i couldn't. :siren:

Did you have the "i hope you enjoyed the above story about wikipedia." typed out in notepad too or was that off the cuff

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

Nevergirls posted:

Did you have the "i hope you enjoyed the above story about wikipedia." typed out in notepad too or was that off the cuff

lol

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

AtomD posted:

how dare these so-called wikipedians tarnish my precious 4chan

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Wheany posted:

see lurkers, this is how you become pro-tier

yeah i can't count how many times i've sat on a post that says "dicks lol" for more than a week just to make sure it captures all the nuances of my argument

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

AtomD posted:

what's the stance on non-public cites on wikipedia, if they allow that someone could just link to the archived 4chan thread

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Trig Discipline posted:

yeah i can't count how many times i've sat on a post that says "dicks lol" for more than a week just to make sure it captures all the nuances of my argument

i also can't count the number of times ive sat on dicks.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
you gotta live in the moment, post in the moment. leave nothing to tomorrow

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I type out my posts in word then do spellcheck/grammar check and rewrite until the fleich-kinkaid level gets to 12th grade. can't have dumb 99 percenters understanding my poo poo.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Nevergirls posted:

I type out my posts in word then do spellcheck/grammar check and rewrite until the fleich-kinkaid level gets to 12th grade. can't have dumb 99 percenters understanding my poo poo.

Note: Since you are not the owner of this rights-managed post, you can
cut or copy only the part of the message that you create for this reply.
The OP can send the entire contents to other people. This poster is
licensed to post posts only in the State of California. Responses are
based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
idgi

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

average reading age in america is =< 12th grade

nevergirls is saying he is one of the top 1% earners (ref to the we are 99%) and does not want other people to read his posts so he writes them in a style above 12th grade

and then i explain all this and become captain killjoy

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

average reading age in america is =< 12th grade

nevergirls is saying he is one of the top 1% earners (ref to the we are 99%) and does not want other people to read his posts so he writes them in a style above 12th grade

and then i explain all this and become captain killjoy

never explain things that can be explained by google

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Pakled posted:

never explain things that can be explained by google

mr_jim
Oct 30, 2006

OUT OF THE DARK

Pakled posted:

never explain things that can be explained by wolfram alpha

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

mr_jim posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN