Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
I thought it was 10M downloads to date.

edit: hello new page!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

SKULE123 posted:

I thought it was 10M downloads to date.

edit: hello new page!

OK, that makes much more sense.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Lemmi Caution posted:

Haha, wow, does Comedy Bang Bang really get ten million downloads? I would have guessed way less than that.

I'm pretty sure thats a cumulative total of all downloads.

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin
Anyone checked out Nick Dipaolo and Artie Lange's new "sports" show?

It's not a podcast, but it might as well be since it's available commercial free on their website: http://nickandartie.com/

I could listen to their back-in-the-day gambling stories for days. Their Boston vs. NY back and forth is pretty entertaining too since they never agree on anything and break each other's balls as much as possible.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

I just put out some extra Lou Reads content. Please check it out here

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kinglou/excerpts-of-penis-enlargement-absurdity-nsfw-h3u

Vote on it if you like.

Or just go listen to it here

Either way!

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Highly recommending this episode of The Indoor Kids, where they interview Tom Lennon. He goes deep into his videogame addiction of the early 90s, and how Myst destroyed his social life.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I'm about 10 minutes into today's episode of Doug Loves Movies, and this has to be the most stoned he's ever been. I don't think he's said anything real yet.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

wafflesnsegways posted:

I'm about 10 minutes into today's episode of Doug Loves Movies, and this has to be the most stoned he's ever been. I don't think he's said anything real yet.

I love his podcast, but he is a walking anti-marijuana ad campaign.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I have to imagine that he has done podcasts as stoned as a human can get, so I tend to think that alcohol is the problem with this one.

It's bad though, real bad. The audience is dead the entire time and guests have no interest in each other.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I only kept listening cause I think Anthony Jeselnik is loving hilarious, even though I'm sure he'd be really mean to me irl

cioxx
Jul 14, 2001

PFT was hilarious today. I was in lovely seats because yuppies showed up 1 hour before. Bearded, punctual fucks.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
That is a fantastic backdrop!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
"Is man not entitled to a bread loaf sized bear?"

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
I really don't care for his standup or his sketch show, but Nick Swordson on Joe Rogan last December was pretty drat funny.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Analyze Phish is amazing.

"So why was that song called The Train Song?"
"I think they wrote it on a train."
"Oh, jesus."

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

does Analyze Phish have actual Phish songs in it? That's why I haven't listened yet

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

indigi posted:

does Analyze Phish have actual Phish songs in it? That's why I haven't listened yet

Harris samples songs to Scott, but turns them off as soon as he doesnt like them. Its almost like an extended Jukebox Jury, with Phish songs.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Yannick_B posted:

Harris samples songs to Scott, but turns them off as soon as he doesnt like them. Its almost like an extended Jukebox Jury, with Phish songs.

It's basically the worst possible way to try to get into Phish, but the results are hilarious, so I don't really care. Honestly, the best way to get into Phish is to go to a show, or if you can't do that, pick up a couple of the Live Phish volumes (or A Live One) and listen to it in full rather than trying to skip around. It's something where you seriously have to "get into it" to enjoy it - I like Phish, but I'd never like put their music in a mixed playlist with other stuff because it would sound ridiculous by comparison. In context, though, it's possible to get into a groove and enjoy it. The best background music ever, especially since there's so drat much of it you'll never get tired of it.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Anal Volcano posted:

Analyze Phish is amazing.

"So why was that song called The Train Song?"
"I think they wrote it on a train."
"Oh, jesus."
I was dying in public when Scott started his reggae scatting.

indigi, it's Scott making fun of Harris and Phish; it's comedy, not a concert. If you like their interplay on cbb, you'll like it.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em

cioxx posted:

PFT was hilarious today. I was in lovely seats because yuppies showed up 1 hour before. Bearded, punctual fucks.

Nice! Is that for Comedy Central?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

indigi posted:

I only kept listening cause I think Anthony Jeselnik is loving hilarious, even though I'm sure he'd be really mean to me irl

Anthony Jeselnik is rapidly becoming one of my favorite comedians. If you haven't already (same goes to any other fans), get two things of his. First: the paid download of Doug Loves Movies: Live in Baltimore that people were mentioning a page or two ago. Be warned that everyone is incredibly drunk the entire time, but it's honestly worth it for both Anthony as well as Amy Schumer's ramblings. Second: the WTF episode with him on is great. It's amazing to hear him actually telling stories about his life and not doing his arrogant jackass schitck. It's a great listen.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Any other fans of Guys With Feelings? It's a very loose conversational type podcast where 20+ year friends goof around with each other (and occasional guests).

It's Jason Nash, a struggling comedian, and Jeff Bumgarner, a reality show writer. It's not super jokey, but like listening to your funniest friends carry on a normal conversation.

Lots of talk about daily life in LA and how weird of a town it can be.

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum

Cael posted:

Anthony Jeselnik is rapidly becoming one of my favorite comedians. If you haven't already (same goes to any other fans), get two things of his. First: the paid download of Doug Loves Movies: Live in Baltimore that people were mentioning a page or two ago. Be warned that everyone is incredibly drunk the entire time, but it's honestly worth it for both Anthony as well as Amy Schumer's ramblings. Second: the WTF episode with him on is great. It's amazing to hear him actually telling stories about his life and not doing his arrogant jackass schitck. It's a great listen.

Also, his album is only $5 for download at Amazon.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Sabs. posted:

What happened to Bill Burr's podcast? It's gone from itunes.

SpacePig posted:

You can get the MP3 of it from https://themmpodcast.com, though. At least he says you can.

Seems like any and all download links are broken in one way or another. Only go the the site above if you intend to listen to it there, Just use libsyn like everyone else, Bill

Here's a direct link to last Monday's podcast that I found in his forum: http://www.themmpodcast.com/audio/MMPC%2010-3-11.mp3

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I just learned that Brett Gelman was the "Little bit of Luck" guy from the NY Lottery ads. I now hate him.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
The latest episode of The Indoor Kids is hilarious. There's like 30 minutes of Starcraft talk, which I didn't understand. Then around the 40 minute mark, a really awkward husband-wife conversation (or non-conversation) comes out of nowhere, and it's amazing.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?
Holy poo poo the newest NNF with Aisha Tyler is really funny, I wasn't expecting it to be this good. She is hilarious and speaks so fast, I don't think they were ready for her.

"I want you to feel excited and a little uncomfortable, that's what my people do."
"Done."

edit; Someone make a NNF thread

redz fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 11, 2011

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Who woulda thought the first black guest would also be a lady

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Yeah, I had been wondering how many non-white guests NNF had when I saw this week's episode. Couldn't come up with much except for depending on how you classify Al Madrigal.

edit: Now that I listen to it, they actually address that during Aisha's intro.

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Oct 11, 2011

Kung Fu Jesus
Jun 20, 2002

lol jews gonna get fucked.

wafflesnsegways posted:

I wanted to like Doug Loves Movies so much because I love Doug's comedy style and I love movies. But he barely talks about movies on this show. He'll start going on about a movie, then get off on a tangent and that's it. The rest of the show is riffing on something happening in the audience or guests bullshitting about nothing. I also hate when he tries to do something serious like his movie games and the guests just gently caress around, rather than actually playing. I'm one of those assholes that takes games, no matter how silly, seriously.

I haven't listed in about eight months or more. Have things changed at all?

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
RE: Jay Mohr.... has anyone else started shamelessly telling people that they can 'charge that to the game'? Because it's fantastic, especially in a Tracy Morgan voice + first and last name of the person who can do so at the end.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Kung Fu Jesus posted:

I wanted to like Doug Loves Movies so much because I love Doug's comedy style and I love movies. But he barely talks about movies on this show. He'll start going on about a movie, then get off on a tangent and that's it. The rest of the show is riffing on something happening in the audience or guests bullshitting about nothing. I also hate when he tries to do something serious like his movie games and the guests just gently caress around, rather than actually playing. I'm one of those assholes that takes games, no matter how silly, seriously.

In short... No.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

Loving Life Partner posted:

RE: Jay Mohr.... has anyone else started shamelessly telling people that they can 'charge that to the game'? Because it's fantastic, especially in a Tracy Morgan voice + first and last name of the person who can do so at the end.

He's a very talented impressionist. His black guy voice(s) are awesome.

Charge it to the game, Jay Mohrs.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Holy god Amy Sedaris is absolutely loving hysterical on the latest live WTF.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Transfatuation posted:

Holy god Amy Sedaris is absolutely loving hysterical on the latest live WTF.

I usually skip the live ones, but that recommendation was the impetus I needed to check it out.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

NotWearingPants posted:

I usually skip the live ones, but that recommendation was the impetus I needed to check it out.

I skip em too, but I'll have to check it out.

Speaking of skipping, those Smod network intros are killing me. I miss the first few minutes of every show ("pod", I hate that) because I skip ahead five minutes or so automatically.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Seriously, whoever writes the copy and whoever reads it are the two of the most unsuited people for those jobs in the history of advertising.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

indigi posted:

Seriously, whoever writes the copy and whoever reads it are the two of the most unsuited people for those jobs in the history of advertising.

Sounds like someone doesn't like being covered in comedy jizz.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Eltoasto posted:

Sounds like someone doesn't like being covered in comedy jizz.

It really is the most appropriate ad, I mean what else happens after five minutes of a dude violently jerking it in your face?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Kung Fu Jesus posted:

There are a few guests who always take the movie part seriously, I suggest checking out the episodes with Edgar Wright and after that James Gunn.

• Locked thread