Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Which files did the fix exactly contain? I can upload my (updated) versions somewhere, if I know what to upload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Question: So I have that ling's coiffure mod. But when I try to play anything besides the default, like a raider, the hands are purple. Any idea how to fix this purple hands problem?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Smol posted:

Which files did the fix exactly contain? I can upload my (updated) versions somewhere, if I know what to upload.

I have no idea. I suppose just try the exe, and let's see if that's it.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Coughing Hobo posted:

I have no idea. I suppose just try the exe, and let's see if that's it.

Let me know if this doesn't work. I checked the file modification dates, and these two files (fomm.exe and WebsiteAPIs.dll) were the only ones with the same timestamp.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8BBOIWLL

Skizot
Oct 23, 2006
HOW I MINE FROSTBOLT?

Gutrot posted:

p.s. if anyone can tell me how to tone down the glossy shininess on the Laser Defender in that mod, I'd be most grateful. Faffing with the .nif's glossiness slider and setting Unknown Int 2 in BSSShaderPPLightingProperty to various values such as 32769, 1 and 0 doesn't seem to affect it. The only way I've found to influence it is to change either the diffuse or normal - can't remember which now - .dds texture alpha channel to all black, which kills the gloss entirely and looks Bad.

try darkening the alpha channel instead of making it all black.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Smol posted:

Let me know if this doesn't work. I checked the file modification dates, and these two files (fomm.exe and WebsiteAPIs.dll) were the only ones with the same timestamp.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8BBOIWLL

That seems to have done it, thank you very much!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

harrygomm posted:

FOMM isn't working when you ty to update BOSS. There is a copy of the dump log in the comments for it that is exactly the same thing that i and others are getting. LAA causes the same kind of error the oblivion LAA does, which is to say it black screens when you quit the game and never crashes ormcloses. This was fixed with the quick exit dll plugin that people have been porting and reporting since and is now tied to stutter remover, apparently. Since stutter remover doesn't seem to want to work (this one may totally be my fault, though i've installed it the same way every time since he re-ported it) and I don't know enough about dll injection to make my own, I'm stuck. Doubly so since apparently nobody else is blackscreening here? Oh and NVSE is causing hardlocks whenever something dependent on it is called. CASM for example, when trying to auto save will lock the game. Others as well, though since i'm not at home I can't check which. This is on a fresh install of NV on a new harddrive. I have installed and used all of these things extensively before. I have verified my cache integrity. I have downloaded and redownloaded to ensure no corrupt files. I have no other mods running now, since I can't even get the most basic ones to work. I also asked about manually updating because sometimes all it takes is changing a patch# in an ini to get old mods working again. Given that some of the files haven't been updared since 2010 I figured I'd throw it out as a possibility.

FOMM crashes after updating its BOSS rules. It still updates, but you have to restart FOMM after it crashes (or download the fix that Smol just posted a while ago.) The New Vegas Stutter Remover linked in the OP works and I currently use it to arbitrarily cap my FPS at 45. The 4GB LAA (probably) works, but at a minimum it seems to increase stability on my system. The version linked in the OP, too, requires NVSE.

So that leaves me to assume that your problem lies in NVSE, since an issue with it could cause the other issues. Are you positive it's even working in your game? If you've reinstalled it and are positive you're using the correct version, it might be something like not having your Microsoft Visual C++ files up to date. This could happen if you haven't checked for OS updates in a while.

What is your operating system?

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

fennesz posted:

Finally my reticence to use NVSE finally pays off! :tinfoil:

Every mod runs a risk of making the game unstable to a degree, and NVSE is no exception. It's one of those unchanging truths about modding in bethesda's engine.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Rinkles posted:

First bit of "modding". :toot:

I branded the letters. Unless I'm mistaken, the base texture is from Arenovalis re-texturing pack.

So when can I expect the delivery of my modder's certificate of cool?

Hey nice, if you ever need advice or some such you can find my contact info in my Nexus profile.

Applies for other people too, if you've got 3d related questions or just wanna chat, I don't mind.

HOW DO I MAKE CONCRETE WEAPON LOL

Arenovalis fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 11, 2011

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 26, 2021

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Arenovalis posted:

Hey nice, if you ever need advice or some such you can find my contact info in my Nexus profile.

Applies for other people too, if you've got 3d related questions or just wanna chat, I don't mind.

Awesome thanks! I really barely know what I'm doing atm (and I'm really barely doing anything at all really). (I went searching for some basic videos on texturing, and found your (I presume) youtube shotgun videos, very very helpful in getting to grips with the basics).

quote:

Either concrete or cardboard covered in tin foil.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
Theoretically speaking, how hard would it be to make a mod that edits all the dialogue choices the Courier has in conversation? Kind of like the "no dialogue tags" mod. I've never seriously used the GECK, but I really want to make a companion mod for that Robot Race mod that makes the Courier's dialogue more roboticky, to enhance my immersion :goonsay: It seems like it'd be a really fun writing exercise for me. Would this be a huge pain in the rear end, like making me trawl through every script in every quest, or are all the dialogue choices neatly organized in the GECK somewhere for easy editing?

Lets Fuck Bro fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 11, 2011

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Arenovalis posted:

Stainless shouldn't rust in that manner. :ohdear: Maybe it was acid rain?

(I've actually seen or owned firearms with a level of pitting and surface rust that comes close to that look. Depending on how much effort you want to put in, you could keep the hammered finish on the slide and most of the receiver/grip, and leave the rest smooth-but-worn, for an explanation of "the holster protected some of it from the elements".)(I'm pretty sure it'd be a pain in the rear end, though; I'm really good at coming up with difficult solutions to questions no one asks. :v:)

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
If a Mk2 looked like that on the outside, what horrors await on the inside :cthulhu:

Strong Female
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you've been paying attention
Is there a mod that just straight up disables weapon degradation? I just want to collect stuff and shoot everything at everything :toot:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Coughing Hobo posted:

Does anyone have the update to FOMM that stops it from crashing when you update its BOSS list? The mediafire link (from the quote below) has expired.

Just in case, here's it again:

MediaFire | Megaupload | FileSonic

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
For those who may be interested: Version 2.2 of Signature Weapons is out, permitting you to take the Bottomless ability for thrown weapons. (But not mines, since you can pick them back up afterwards, and I don't want people to be able to generate an arbitrary number of mines by tossing them down and picking them up again).

It also expands the clip size of Bottomless weapons, based on the ammo use reduction: 33% bigger for level 1, twice as big for level 2, four times for level 3, and ten times for level 4.

Lemme tell you, there's something surreal-looking about loading 60 bullets round-by-round into a six-shooter.

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

Theoretically speaking, how hard would it be to make a mod that edits all the dialogue choices the Courier has in conversation? Kind of like the "no dialogue tags" mod. I've never seriously used the GECK, but I really want to make a companion mod for that Robot Race mod that makes the Courier's dialogue more roboticky, to enhance my immersion :goonsay: It seems like it'd be a really fun writing exercise for me. Would this be a huge pain in the rear end, like making me trawl through every script in every quest, or are all the dialogue choices neatly organized in the GECK somewhere for easy editing?
Well, dialogue has its own section in the geck (character/filtered dialogue), but the idea of going through and changing everything...well, it'd be a hell of a job.

Amrosorma posted:

Is there a mod that just straight up disables weapon degradation? I just want to collect stuff and shoot everything at everything :toot:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34990

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
AG Supplementary Uniques just got bumped up to Version 3.0.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Is there a mod that will force the cleanup of accumulated ash or goo piles? I beleive that's the cause of the constant CTD'ing in my Energy build saves - there's easily 150+ piles of SCIENCE! victim scattered throughout the Wasteland, plus some interior locations.

If not a mod, any suggestions on how to make 'em disappear? Just wait inside a non-pile interior for 30 days or something? I'd like to finish buying the GRA stuff with this build, and go do Lonesome Road with her, but it's too unstable for me to even offload my extra junk and head for the Divide.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Ygolonac posted:

Is there a mod that will force the cleanup of accumulated ash or goo piles? I beleive that's the cause of the constant CTD'ing in my Energy build saves - there's easily 150+ piles of SCIENCE! victim scattered throughout the Wasteland, plus some interior locations.

If not a mod, any suggestions on how to make 'em disappear? Just wait inside a non-pile interior for 30 days or something? I'd like to finish buying the GRA stuff with this build, and go do Lonesome Road with her, but it's too unstable for me to even offload my extra junk and head for the Divide.

Goo Be Gone.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Some of these look way below the quality of the previous versions, especially Nail Rail and Punter 25.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Seashell Salesman posted:

Some of these look way below the quality of the previous versions, especially Nail Rail and Punter 25.

Agreed. Several of the weapons are hugely out of proportion with the character. The Rocket Gat's magazine is literally the size of your character's back. Also the Mac-10 and the new gauss gun have some of the worst weapon textures I've ever seen for NV.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Yeah those look horrible, guess I'm sticking with 2.64 :colbert:

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Ygolonac posted:

In addition to that one already posted that stops goo piles from forming, Ephemeral Ash and Goo makes them disappear like corpses do.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Actually I stopped updating AG after 2.62. :ssh: I would completely agree, though: The newer uniques are generally terrible looking, and not in a, "Somebody cobbled some parts together! Neat!" kind of way. Plus, I sort of feel like there's a limit to the number of unique weapons my world can handle without being redundant.

Now what would really be neato is if AG stopped what she was doing and figured out how to get each unique weapon to spawn in one of two or three locations, so they weren't always in the same place every game.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Do you happen to have the 2.62 version? It seems like I didn't backup my older mods folder.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Pitch posted:

In addition to that one already posted that stops goo piles from forming, Ephemeral Ash and Goo makes them disappear like corpses do.

And Ephemeral it is, since Goo B Gon only affects ones created after installation.

Thanks!

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I just spent the better part of an hour tweaking an NPC's face so they wouldn't look so terrible and then when I get something that looks agreeable, GECK crashes.

:negative:

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
Alright, I'm doing preliminary work on Mysterious Broadcast: Extended. Two questons, though. First, do you guys think throwing a little bit of vintage electronic music in there would spoil the feel? It is coming from Big MT, after all--SCIENCE! and all that. Second, is there any easy way to make it so the station's name changes from Mysterious Broadcast to Old World Blues after you go to Big MT and/or beat Old World Blues? I do agree that the broadcast is no longer mysterious after you find out what's going on, but I don't think flat out renaming it is a good idea.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Are you talking some Bruce Haack-style moog-driven stuff or some old theremin work? Because either way I'm down.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Personally, I'd prefer it to be a straight jazz/blues station but I'm not about to complain if you choose otherwise.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
3.0 of AGSU fixed some things, but yeah the newer guns look kinda... off. Don't matter to me though, I'm keeping with my .468 revolver, especially now I can make coin shot/dogtag shot for it :haw: Also without the mod I wouldn't have a stock on my lever action shotgun so :toot:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm okay with anything, as long as you can make the station play music the whole time and not stop after about 5-7 songs.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Actually I stopped updating AG after 2.62. :ssh: I would completely agree, though: The newer uniques are generally terrible looking, and not in a, "Somebody cobbled some parts together! Neat!" kind of way. Plus, I sort of feel like there's a limit to the number of unique weapons my world can handle without being redundant.

Now what would really be neato is if AG stopped what she was doing and figured out how to get each unique weapon to spawn in one of two or three locations, so they weren't always in the same place every game.

According to the page on Nexus, AGSU is totally finished and 3.0 is the final version.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
Wasn't Apocalypse Armory supposed to be coming to Vegas some time?

E:

From the FO3 Nexus for Apocalypse Armory:

quote:

09/21/11 - Final beta testing is now underway for Version 2.0 which will be released very soon. In the meantime, version 2.0 of the FPS Grenade Hotkey addon has been uploaded and is now available. This optional file contains support for the new icons in version 2.0 including the Classic Plasma grenade which can already be found in 1.93.

03/11/11 - Version 2.0 is very near completion, and will fix all reported bugs and include support for BoE. Unfortunately I cannot give an ETA at this time, so please keep checking back here for updates. A FWE compatibility patch will be available soon after, and then I will focus all my attention on Apocalypse Armory: New Vegas. Version 1.93 can be considered fully operational and I encourage all AA fans to try it out if they haven't already. Prensa has generously provided temporary fixes for some of the known bugs; you can find these in the Comments section.

Six months between updates, drat :ohdear:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Oct 13, 2011

JungleBoogie
May 24, 2003
JungleBoogie Get down with the boogie
Thanks for putting this together Cream-of-Plenty. Once I get my computer back up and running, I'll be trying out a few of these mods.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

VisAbsoluta posted:

Do you happen to have the 2.62 version? It seems like I didn't backup my older mods folder.

Unfortunately the only form of 2.62 I have is the loose file installation in my current game. I didn't realize AG removed older versions on the Nexus. Have you tried to google 2.62 and see what pops up?

JungleBoogie posted:

Thanks for putting this together Cream-of-Plenty. Once I get my computer back up and running, I'll be trying out a few of these mods.

No problem. Be sure to pop in if you have any problems: this thread has a lot of collective knowledge on troubleshooting pretty ordinary problems.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

Alright, I'm doing preliminary work on Mysterious Broadcast: Extended. Two questons, though. First, do you guys think throwing a little bit of vintage electronic music in there would spoil the feel? It is coming from Big MT, after all--SCIENCE! and all that. Second, is there any easy way to make it so the station's name changes from Mysterious Broadcast to Old World Blues after you go to Big MT and/or beat Old World Blues? I do agree that the broadcast is no longer mysterious after you find out what's going on, but I don't think flat out renaming it is a good idea.

The mojave extended is loving amazing, btw. Your new station should be nothing but "I'm My Own Grandpa" Over and over. I love that loving song. Oh, and 'get that communist joe' thats good too. The whole drat play list is good.

A little bit of electronic music is okay I guess, but not too much. If it's gonna be blues/jazz the electronic will kind of come from left field.

Vorgimmler
May 7, 2009
Give me a few minutes and I'll try to scrounge up the left-over files I had for AG 2.62 for you guys. On that same note, should I just package 2.60 and 2.61 into a zip file with it as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Vorgimmler posted:

Give me a few minutes and I'll try to scrounge up the left-over files I had for AG 2.62 for you guys. On that same note, should I just package 2.60 and 2.61 into a zip file with it as well?

If 2.60 and 2.61 are required for 2.62, that would be ace.