Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.
I had an 11+ hour day at work to get a big project done and it was AWESOME. I love working under pressure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
First make-out session post 7 year relationship - new girl owns bones.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Started training for next year's Golden Gloves after a 3 year hiatus from boxing. Nothing has ever felt so good as getting my gloves and trunks on again. Ever.

peepoogenderparts posted:

Sorry kids, but the gym girl totally blew me off. :( I feel like I let the good vibes of this thread down.

Hey man, you tried and that is always what counts, that poo poo takes balls (I was in the same boat earlier this week). Start preparing for success, it's a comin'

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
Just found out about Arrested Development ice cream. http://www.buzzfeed.com/fjelstud/ben-jerrys-announce-arrested-developmen

The girl who got me sick came over to my dorm and brought me cough drops, soup and tissues. :3

PizzaThief
Sep 22, 2006

Traveling through time AND space?
I just got signed with a casting agency! After years of studying acting and performing on stage and working behind the camera, I'll finally get to start going on auditions for professional gigs.
I thought I would never be able to get back into acting when I had some health issues arise, so when this came up you guys have no idea how great it made me feel!

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
My girlfriend surprised me before dinner! She got someone to let her into my residence hall and showed up at my room! And then makeouts were had!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Had a productive day at work with some great employees working under me, got plenty done. :neckbeard:

I'm now wide awake and will not get to sleep for the next four hours, loving up my day off when I inevitably roll out of bed at 1pm as a result. :v:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Guys. It is motherfuckin honey crisp apple season. The King of Apples. Go buy some apples. :h:

cranky pomme
Dec 30, 2008

Ahh! Here he comes!

Kerfuffle posted:

Guys. It is motherfuckin honey crisp apple season. The King of Apples. Go buy some apples. :h:

Yessssssssss I have eaten so many apples this week I might turn into one.

I love playing bass. It just makes me happy to be alive when I'm making music.

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.

Kerfuffle posted:

Seriously. I love me some Fujis but honeycrisp apples make fall awesome.

EDIT: My day was awesome because I just had the BEST WORKOUT EVER :black101:

trigger9631 has a new favorite as of 06:46 on Oct 11, 2011

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

The Cardinals are crushing the Brewers in Game 2.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I finished the last of the Dr. Pepper in the house, and now I have an empty 2 liter bottle to make a pumpkin out of!

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Crossposting from the uplifting thread.

Alternative pants posted:

My parents have an old black lab named Kammie. This summer she turned 14. She's arthritic, half deaf, going blind, and she's very nearly stopped eating. We know she's not got a lot of time left, so I've been going over to the house every few days just to see her and make sure someone is there while my folks are away and let her out to pee.

This morning when I went over, she was more active than she'd been in over a year, rubbing up against my legs and slobbering all over my hands, even trying to play with our cat when he walked up behind her. It was just a few minutes of energy and then back to the usual routine of sleeping and farting, but those few minutes made my day so much better.

This picture was taken back in July. Since then she's stopped eating solid food, so she's lost weight, and her cataracts are worse. Even so, I love my dog and today let me know that she still loves me. Even though I'm gonna cry like a baby when she's gone, I feel like today was her way of letting me know that it'll be okay.

Lycopene
Jul 10, 2011
Went to Zappos.com to order some Onitsuka Tiger shoes, and I was still debating on getting just because I still have 3 pairs I can still wear. But then I got to the checkout screen and had totally forgotten that I had a $64 credit. The shoes cost $1 and I got free 1 day shipping!

Aristurtle Records
Jun 9, 2006

live at random, live as best one can
I'm drinking delicious oolong tea and eating gingerbread and blood orange after eights.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.
My daughter and I are going to the Halloween party at Disneyland this afternoon. The little one has been looking forward to this for months.

Budget Bears
Feb 7, 2011

I had never seen anyone make sweet love to a banjo like this before.
I got my driver's license!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The new spoken word cover album by William Shatner with an insanely amazing list of featured musicians is out today. Highlights include Ritchie Blackmore on Space Oddity, Steve Hillage on Rocket Man, Bootsy Collins on She Blinded Me With Science, John Wetton on Bohemian Rhapsody and Zakk Wylde on Iron Man. :iia:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Went to a hibachi grill with my great-grandmother on my mom's side. The chef gave me an extra large spatula-worth of delicious hibachi veggies :3:

lazken
May 4, 2011

Do not feed the monkey
My boss and my bosses boss are off playing golf.
Today will be a nice, quiet day.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

The Jumpoff posted:

My girlfriend surprised me before dinner! She got someone to let her into my residence hall and showed up at my room! And then makeouts were had!

I'll be honest, seeing you go from "I got a bagel, it made my day awesome" to "I got a date with a cool girl!" to "my girlfriend suprised me in my dorm for makeouts!" has been a very awesome thing to witness. :3:

On why today was awesome: ran another 5k up and down a bunch of hills in the rain, it made me feel ALIVE. Also finalized plans for a play party next saturday, I get to tie up an absolutely gorgeous redhead. :D

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

I'll be honest, seeing you go from "I got a bagel, it made my day awesome" to "I got a date with a cool girl!" to "my girlfriend suprised me in my dorm for makeouts!" has been a very awesome thing to witness. :3:

Oh, the whole bagel thing is Mondays. It's the only reason Mondays were good.

As for why today is awesome, I got my latest math test back and found out I made a 91! That's 11 points higher than what I expected!

PVT
Jul 9, 2011

:ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:
I remembered I had leftover duck curry and had that for breakfast. drat good way to start the day.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Cross post from the incremental success thread in W&W:

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

I'm now the waist size I was in 4th grade. I just bought the first pair of jeans that has fit me in both width and height since birth. They fit me like skinny jeans everywhere but the waist. :feelsgood:

Goddamn does it feel good to nearly bust out of jeans that should fit you properly because of all the loving muscle, and not fat like before.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
Going to the Blackhawks game tonight at club level seating. They're playing the new Winnipeg Jets and it will be cool to see like half of the Stanley Cup roster at the UC again.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly

SlaveToTheGrinds posted:

My daughter has had a really rough two years, terrible grades, bullies calling her ugly at school and just horrid self esteem. Then this past few months she's slowly changing and coming out of her shell and realizing she's not ugly and she's awesome. I asked her what she wanted for dinner today and she tells me Famous Dave's would be the cherry on top of my day. I asked her what made her day so great, a boy called her beautiful out of the blue. She's 13 and not boy crazy but man watching her light up with that made my day I am so happy that she's coming around, it's been so hard on her for the last few years but she's just so awesome and I am glad that others are finally noticing that, most of all her. So yay that.

Um, Famous Daves should make anyone's day better. I love that restaurant.

hawk989s
Feb 13, 2003

• 244 Points
  • 226 Minutes
  • 6 Overtimes
  • 2 Days
  • One for the ages
Got a promotion and a raise today at work. Moved to a new store cutting my commute time from 50 minutes to 2 minutes. Apparently the VP of the company is also a big fan of me now too, after doing some projects with him over the last two days. Today was a good day.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I won $50 at our once monthly work meeting for the second month in a row.

I was going to be broke this weekend (I have a friend visiting) but now I am not.

Thank you, Lady Luck :swoon:

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
I went to a friend's house and got to watch my daughter play with all of her little friends, they were running amok and squealing and just having an awesome time :D

Saeku
Sep 22, 2010
Two weeks ago I decided I was tired of being single and made a plan: if I saw a hot girl eating lunch alone I was just going to go sit down next to her, and once we'd talked a few times I was going to ask her on a date.

Today one of them cut to the chase and asked me out. Half an hour at a play reading, three hours talking over coffee, and now I have a major confidence boost and a cell phone number.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

My band got to have our first full rehearsal with everyone. We missed a whole lot of transitions in songs, and not everyone knew the songs, but drat when we were all together it sounded good!

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
Had one of my cats at the vet, after he'd been in a fight last Sunday.

Obviously, he was bitten at the left side of his head, and had an abscess there which we discovered yesterday evening. He was put under and the abscess drained.

Now he's at home with my wife, just chilling out and being a more happy cat than he was last week - no more pain for the wee fluffball.

So, I'm quite happy about the fact that his pain is gone.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

I found out that my weight bar weighs 45 pounds and not 20, so apparently I've been lifting way more than I thought. It's like the witch from the wizard of Oz just told me that I've been swole all along.:itjb:

lloyol
Jun 23, 2005

NARFZ
Technically yesterday, but I was offered a job doing administrative work at a place nearby home. It's great because I've been out of a job for three months. They invest a lot of money into their employees, which includes lots of bonus/performance incentives, full benefits and social activities. There are five forklifts for the five warehouse employees. Also, FREE ICE CREAM!!!

I also told them about my plan to run a destination marathon in January. Most employers are sticklers about taking time off so soon into the job, but the office manager didn't care at all. I'm beyond excited to start working here.

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

Chemotherapy and marijuana go together like apple pie and Chevrolet.
Went to work dying of a hangover and exceeded my target by a mile within making any actual effort all day then went for an indian buffet.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Just bought a loving power cage for my house. Let the swole begin.

for reference:

http://www.gearbuyer.com/products/protocol_power_cage.html

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
I was interviewed for a job that I REALLY wanted at a friend's company a couple weeks ago. It was a brand new position, so they weren't sure how it was going to work exactly. They work on setting up and maintaining equipment on cell phone towers, and they needed a Project Coordinator to gather all the materials for the various jobs and get it to the team leads. In the past, the team leaders had to do all this themselves, which was time consuming, so they decided to make a position to handle it. Project Coordinators also handle communications between the tower owners and this company, which is something the bosses were doing before. So, it takes pieces from several different positions and mashes them all together.

My buddy said of the 5 interviewed, there were only 2 real candidates- me and one other guy. Well, they gave the other guy the job, so I thought that ship had sailed.

A week and a half passes, and out of loving NOWHERE, I got an email from their hiring manager with an offer of employment! They liked me so much that they reconsidered and decided to hire me too!!!

This ends 5 months of unemployment, with working one temporary, minimum wage position and doing some merchandising gigs with my dad for cash on the side.

TShields has a new favorite as of 15:49 on Oct 15, 2011

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.
Today is the first day of my daughter's weekend pageant and she is so freakin' worked up over it. I love being able to see her so happy.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

TShields posted:

A week and a half passes, and out of loving NOWHERE, I got an email from their hiring manager with an offer of employment! They liked me so much that they reconsidered and decided to hire me too!!!

This ends 5 months of unemployment, with working one temporary, minimum wage position and doing some merchandising gigs with my dad for cash on the side.

I followed your posts in the retail thread, congratulations. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Just made a kickass breakfast:

Bacon, eggs, grainy toast with avocado and a big glass of OJ.

It going to be a good Sunday.