Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

NotWearingPants posted:

I usually skip the live ones, but that recommendation was the impetus I needed to check it out.

I should note that she's only in the last 15 or 20 minutes or so. Compelling as hell, can't wait for a full interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Loving Life Partner posted:

RE: Jay Mohr.... has anyone else started shamelessly telling people that they can 'charge that to the game'? Because it's fantastic, especially in a Tracy Morgan voice + first and last name of the person who can do so at the end.

I prefer Jay's Frank Gifford instead. PUT THAT ON MY TAB.

That whole bit is just incredible, even across several episodes as they deconstruct it further.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Transfatuation posted:

Holy god Amy Sedaris is absolutely loving hysterical on the latest live WTF.

Yeah she was great and I really want a full ep with her now. I, too, would watch the poo poo out of Monkey Business.

cioxx
Jul 14, 2001

Ograbme posted:

Nice! Is that for Comedy Central?

Yeah the DVD special. Should be on TV within a month I think.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

wafflesnsegways posted:

The latest episode of The Indoor Kids is hilarious. There's like 30 minutes of Starcraft talk, which I didn't understand. Then around the 40 minute mark, a really awkward husband-wife conversation (or non-conversation) comes out of nowhere, and it's amazing.

I listened to this last night and that part was really really funny. Kumail couldn't even back pedal on that one.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
This week's Judge John Hodgman was great just for his vivid description of the defendant's picture. "I see here a picture of absolute squalor."

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

I posted a new Lou Reads last night.

Lou Reads: More Drug Trip Reports from Erowid

There is some extra tindeck content on the blog.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Anything good in the new Jack Gallagher episode of WTF? I listened for about 20 minutes and got bored.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

FitFortDanga posted:

Anything good in the new Jack Gallagher episode of WTF? I listened for about 20 minutes and got bored.

I thought it got really good when he was talking about his autistic child. Not funny, but interesting.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

:siren: Norm Watch! :siren:

Marc Maron Twitter posted:

Monday on @WTFpod....@normmacdonald! Just sayin. Yup, you heard me.

I feel like he should already have been on... He hasn't has he? Should be great either way.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

wafflesnsegways posted:

The latest episode of The Indoor Kids is hilarious. There's like 30 minutes of Starcraft talk, which I didn't understand. Then around the 40 minute mark, a really awkward husband-wife conversation (or non-conversation) comes out of nowhere, and it's amazing.

Yeah, that was pretty great. I was on the 3rd episode catching up but I skipped ahead to hear the awkwardness. I wasn't a big fan of Duncan Tressel Starcraft chat, though, and I'm not interested in hearing another discussion on sex vs violence in videogames. Other than that I've really been enjoying this podcast.

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.
I have to disagree with the praise for the latest episode of Indoor Kids. The guest was an enormous douche and the gushing Starcraft fanboyism was loving unbearable ("Starcraft is the only real game, everything else is for babies.") Then he went into his "whoa look at how deep I am" stoner theories at the end that I turned the episode off. Huge disappointment after the great Tom Lennon and Paul Scheer episodes.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Mogambo posted:

I have to disagree with the praise for the latest episode of Indoor Kids. The guest was an enormous douche and the gushing Starcraft fanboyism was loving unbearable ("Starcraft is the only real game, everything else is for babies.") Then he went into his "whoa look at how deep I am" stoner theories at the end that I turned the episode off. Huge disappointment after the great Tom Lennon and Paul Scheer episodes.

Yeah, that dude was pretty annoying the whole time. Like I said, I'm starting from the beginning so I was hoping this was an outlier rather than a general decline in quality.

"Starcraft gives you skills you can use in real life"

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Yes the Starcraft talk was pretty lame and the episode was fairly weak (the sudden BJ part was the one shining moment), but don't let that detour you from listening to the all of the other episodes. Once the meme girl leaves a few episodes in and Kumail's wife comes on as the co-host they have all been pretty good.

Sexy Randal
Jul 26, 2006

woah
Checked out Indoor Kids for the first time last night and the episode with Tom Lennon was great. I'm definitely going to subscribe to this show.

I didn't think the StarCraft dude was that bad, he just seemed really into StarCraft.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
I haven't listened to the Indoor Kids but are you guys talking about Duncan Trussel? He has his own podcast called the Lavender Hour and he's a frequent guest on Joe Rogan's podcast. Yeah, he's a pretty weird dude but he's usually at least funny or interesting.

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.

Sexy Randal posted:

I didn't think the StarCraft dude was that bad, he just seemed really into StarCraft.

There's being a huge fan of something, then there's making GBS threads on anything that isn't Your Favorite Thing. You'd think this was the second coming of Christ by his description.

Does it really take a cocking month to understand what's going on in Starcraft? That's beyond excessive.

Binowru posted:

he's a frequent guest on Joe Rogan's podcast

Doesn't surprise me at all.

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE

Hocus Pocus posted:

:siren: Norm Watch! :siren:

I feel like he should already have been on... He hasn't has he? Should be great either way.

He posted a preview clip where Norm talks about his gambling addiction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6B8zRh-9X4

This one should be a doozy.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I've been listening to The Flop House (or: Words That Sound Like Other Words, The Podcast) constantly for the past few weeks. Having just heard the Season of the Witch episode, I now have a burning need to hear the episode where Elliot discusses the logistics of a Night Court reboot. Anyone know what episode that is?

Also I think I'm going to write a general Movie Podcast thread.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Strange Matter posted:

Also I think I'm going to write a general Movie Podcast thread.
I like this idea, Comedy Film Nerds is my favorite movie podcast but I don't see there being enough discussion about just that show to support a separate thread. A thread for this and other movie related shows like How did this get made, We Hate Movies and all the others I see brought up often would give a place for more specific discussion that wouldn't get drowned out so quickly.

No Ticket
Jul 20, 2007
Norm should be a regular guest on WTF. I could listen to hours of this.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Has anyone listened to much of 'Put it in Your Ears'? It might be a little crass, the first episode seems to consist of them discussing 2girls1cup for 10 minutes, but beyond that, their banter has made me laugh a couple of times.

e: Nevermind, regardless of how funny they could be, I dislike short episodes. Getting into Jordan, Jesse Go! instead.

Roach Warehouse fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 17, 2011

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

No Ticket posted:

Norm should be a regular guest on WTF. I could listen to hours of this.

I don't normally listen to WTF, but I might end up listening to this week's just for Norm. He gives some fo the best dumb interviews.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

SpacePig posted:

I don't normally listen to WTF, but I might end up listening to this week's just for Norm. He gives some fo the best dumb interviews.
He was actually serious for this one, he's not like he is on Conan. It was a good interview though, I've only ever heard him open up like that on Stern.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

This week's podcuddle with Paul Gilmartin (host of the Mental Illness Happy Hour) is excellent. Paul's first words are "Go gently caress yourself" to Dave--quite possibly the best entrance to Walking the Room that I've heard.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
That entire episode was great. I'm going to have to check out the mental illness happy hour now.

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad
Oh, so goons do know about The F Plus! :neckbeard:

Hi folks, I'm one of the readers on The F Plus (Isfahan) and a couple of weeks ago we did our second annual F Plus Live reading in Minneapolis. It was the podcast's second live event, but it was my first, as logistics and money considerations prevented me from flying out in 2010. Anyway, it was an amazingly fun weekend, and during one of many conversations over alcohol, unhealthily delicious burgers*, and Rock Band, it was mentioned that the podcast has had some exposure on SA. I finally got around to having a look!

Actually, re: F Plus Live, the audio from the event is available on the website now! This year's theme was terrible self-help books, and there wasn't a single disappointing entry in the bunch, if you ask me. Set aside some time (it's much longer than a normal episode) and go listen!

Earlier in the thread the Earwolf Challenge was mentioned along with our involvement with it. Being "just" a reader, I wasn't exposed too much to the behind-the-scenes stuff, but I listened to every bit of feedback the judges had for us across the submissions and I know Lemon and John did too. We came away from the challenge with some good tips, although at times the methodology behind deciding who stayed and who went was a bit of a head-scratcher.

King Lou (hi Lou!) mentioned he didn't get picked for the competition, but frankly, in retrospect, I don't know how we got picked for the competition, because our format was rather different from any of the other competitors and much closer to what Lou does. Chalk it up to personal perspective, but for me it felt like we were doing something completely different from the other podcasts. I'd say more on that, because I have capital-O Opinions about it, but that's enough for now.

If people have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them if I can.

* Jucy Lucys are amazing but they're seriously the epitome of :goonsay: food

Cacahuate
Feb 21, 2007
OMG! (•_•) You are a peanut!
The latest episode of The Complete Guide to Everything was so good! They were covering Zombies this week, the story about real zombies was amazing! I love Thimus and Thumas :)

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm kind of late to the game on this one but the latest How Did This Get Made is amazing and Lexi Alexander is amazing. All you HDTGM haters need to get back in on this episode at least. Also I need to see Punisher: Warzone.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
Hey would it be worth it to put together a Podcast Eating Contest thread? Does anybody still like it here? It's one of my favorites and no-one has made a thread. I know a lot of people got mad at the burps but they really cut down on those. Anyway, I'd like to know your thoughts on this.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Throatwarbler posted:

I'm kind of late to the game on this one but the latest How Did This Get Made is amazing and Lexi Alexander is amazing. All you HDTGM haters need to get back in on this episode at least. Also I need to see Punisher: Warzone.

I really enjoy How Did This Get Made, but this episode was really fantastic. Punisher: War Zone was quite a bit better than I expected, and probably one of the better comic movies ever.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
That WTF was great because you really got a feel for how Norm has approached comedy his entire life and when you look back at clips from Update or the roast, it's all there. That episode was wonderful.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Behold! A Elk! posted:

Podcast Eating Contest... I know a lot of people got mad at the burps but they really cut down on those. Anyway, I'd like to know your thoughts on this.

This sounds like the worst endeavor ever embarked upon by humanity

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

soggybagel posted:

That WTF was great because you really got a feel for how Norm has approached comedy his entire life and when you look back at clips from Update or the roast, it's all there. That episode was wonderful.

I don't know if I'll ever listen to WTF again, but just listening to Norm talk about all of this stuff was really great.

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008

Behold! A Elk! posted:

Hey would it be worth it to put together a Podcast Eating Contest thread? Does anybody still like it here? It's one of my favorites and no-one has made a thread. I know a lot of people got mad at the burps but they really cut down on those. Anyway, I'd like to know your thoughts on this.

I'm all for this. I desperately love their show, if for no other reason than they have no sense of a decency filter. If you don't know if you like the show or not, go listen to the episode where they sing about "Summer Memories."

Flying-Chip
May 2, 2004

Behold! A Elk! posted:

The Podcast Eating Contest is the funniest podcast out there. It consistently makes me laugh every episode.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

graventy posted:

I really enjoy How Did This Get Made, but this episode was really fantastic. Punisher: War Zone was quite a bit better than I expected, and probably one of the better comic movies ever.

I just watched War Zone because of the HDTGM. I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but my first impression is that this is the movie Troy Duffy tried to make, but unfortunately he is an idiot.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
Who Charted? has the "I know nothing about current music" angle pretty well covered with Howard Kremer. They might want to lay off the "I've never heard any music or seen any movies" type guest for a week or two. On their show where they talk about currently charting music and movies.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Lemmi Caution posted:

Who Charted? has the "I know nothing about current music" angle pretty well covered with Howard Kremer. They might want to lay off the "I've never heard any music or seen any movies" type guest for a week or two. On their show where they talk about currently charting music and movies.

chillwave listener spotted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

Flamazot posted:

chillwave listener spotted

Seriously though, all their guests sound about eighty years old, and I am not a young man myself.

If you are not Bob Odenkirk you aren't getting away with it.

• Locked thread