Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

The concept is great,

Tell us more about art. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
At this point Theon is more machine than man.

Dolores Edd is all man, sweaty, sexy, homosexual man.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Simon Draskovic posted:

Tell us more about art. :allears:

If you don't think Jaime the Pinslayer is awesome, you have no soul.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
So I'm just plowing through the books right now and while taking a break I made the mistake of looking the series up on TV Tropes and now a few questions are burning in my mind.

The article makes mention of a bunch of Chekhov's guns that have gone off, are primed to go off, and "at least one cannon that everyone's been waiting on for a while now." What'd that one be?

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008
Probably the Jon being a Targ one.

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
Tyrion secret Targ :whatup:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

TheLoquid posted:

Probably the Jon being a Targ one.

Or the PwP/AA thing.

Scrubber
Feb 23, 2001
I'm just arguing for leniency; all she did was kill her friend.
It seemed to me that it wasn't really made clear whether Theon lost his penis or was castrated. Either one would have worked for the "not a man" quotes and the hints about something else being cut off.

Castration seems a lot more practical for a guy who is living in a filthy dungeon, but I guess the unsullied are proof GRRM doesn't worry about infection too much.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

I was pretty sure he was talking metaphorically about no longer being a man. Like he's been reduced to a miserable pile of secrets or something through the torture.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.

Dietrich posted:

I was pretty sure he was talking metaphorically about no longer being a man. Like he's been reduced to a miserable pile of secrets or something through the torture.

I am sorry your copy did not have more pictures.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

There was something Theon said during Ramsay's wedding night that made me think he no longer had a cock. I can't look it up right now, but I'll give it a shot later.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
Theon no longer has a penis and/or balls. His dick is gone. Ramsay cut off his wiener, possibly after pulling the skin off of it in tiny strips until Theon begged him to "please cut off my miserable flaydick". Theon has to pee while sitting down; he is no longer capable of impressive ejaculations. nilla aint got no cock, he genital area look like a flayed dishrag

*edit* Theon's dick is dead, dead and gay.

YES bread fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Oct 15, 2011

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
This is getting pretty loving strange.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

YES bread posted:

Theon's dick is dead, dead and gay.

Just like Renly... THEON IS A SECRET BARATHEON!

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
No, Theon's PENIS is a secret Baratheon. God :rolleyes:

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

YES bread posted:

Theon no longer has a penis and/or balls. His dick is gone. Ramsay cut off his wiener, possibly after pulling the skin off of it in tiny strips until Theon begged him to "please cut off my miserable flaydick". Theon has to pee while sitting down; he is no longer capable of impressive ejaculations. nilla aint got no cock, he genital area look like a flayed dishrag

*edit* Theon's dick is dead, dead and gay.

Tell me more about impressive ejaculations, YESbread, who would you say has had the most impressive in the series... I'd go Jon when he railed that ugly hag Ygritte, that was like 16 years of built up penile pressure released at once mixed with vow-breaking and steady diet of neeps and celery... now thats a fuckin' impressive Ejac.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

bigmcgaffney posted:

Tell me more about impressive ejaculations, YESbread, who would you say has had the most impressive in the series... I'd go Jon when he railed that ugly hag Ygritte, that was like 16 years of built up penile pressure released at once mixed with vow-breaking and steady diet of neeps and celery... now thats a fuckin' impressive Ejac.

I'm just :rolleyes: over here, how could you forget the definitive ASOS scene in which Dolorous Edd ascends the Wall using a ladder of his own frozen cum?

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
GOD, who cares about Theon's lack of a cock?

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Azure_Horizon posted:

Theon :smith:

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Azure_Horizon posted:

Theon, presumably.

^^^^ gently caress, perfect timing.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Asha cares, too.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Because she won't have to worry about problematic heirs, right?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

She had actually been dreaming all her life of being the cool young aunt who takes her nieces and nephews hiking and teaches them to drink and smoke marijuana :smith:

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
If he wants a kid all they've gotta go is carefully lop his balls off, cut them open to let the semen out, and stuff them into someone's womb, what's the big deal?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Hey also probably made baby's with that chunky sea captain's daughter.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

YES bread posted:

I'm just :rolleyes: over here, how could you forget the definitive ASOS scene in which Dolorous Edd ascends the Wall using a ladder of his own frozen cum?

You got me. I've never actually read the books, only read synopses on towerofjoy.com and watched HBO episode previews.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

bigmcgaffney posted:

You got me. I've never actually read the books, only read synopses on towerofjoy.com and watched HBO episode previews.

The Tower of Joy is what Theon used to call his dong before it got bit off by Ramsay Bolton.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Ramsay Bolton is a Mormon? What?

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't know if Gurm ever made mention of him having magic underwear on when he had Theon gently caress Jeyne but I do know he probably would have had multiple wives if given the chance.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
This page is the grossest page.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

YES bread posted:

he genital area look like a flayed dishrag

:suspense:

Is this the bad thread now?

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Blind Sally posted:

:suspense:

Is this the bad thread now?

Oh, my sweet summer goon, what do you know of The Bad Thread? The Bad Thread is for the winter, my little goon, when the gurm posts a hundred blogs with nary a mention of Tyrion, Daenarys, or Arya. The Bad Thread is for the long gap, when the NFL and superhero anthologies are all the gurm writes on, and little Wild Cards lurk and post and are banned all in darkness while the gurm grows ever larger.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Soulcleaver posted:

This page is the grossest page.

This should be expected considering it is the grossest book.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
You know nothing of the bad thread

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Bad threads are wind

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Kekekela posted:

Bad threads are wind

Just like the words from a mummer's rear end

So GRRMs delays are actually a metaphor for the long Westerosi winter? Dudes a genius, that is meta as gently caress. Still a huge sloppy rear end in a top hat though, I can picture him wiping grease even now from his chin with a torn dishrag...

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

I didn't read about a missing dick. I went back to try and find any part where it mentioned that and couldn't. I don't believe it happened.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Ten pages of people trolling about Theon's dick.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

bigmcgaffney posted:

So GRRMs delays are actually a metaphor for the long Westerosi winter? Dudes a genius, that is meta as gently caress.

If GRRM died and his editor or whatever came out and said that they had finished all the books years ago, and had just been delaying it to emphasize the effect, I would be 100% okay with it.

It presents the possibility that the series will definitely be concluded :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Maytag posted:

Ten pages of people trolling about Theon's dick.

Trolling? You misunderstand. Theon's dick is a metaphor for the series' core theme: the lost hope and joy of its audience.