Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yes. Most of their members are only marginally more literate than, say, your average GameFAQs poster. Plus they're a deeply insular and curmudgeonly group not unlike NMA, with rules like:

So...it might be difficult to get to those Halo armors somebody stole from another game. But it can be done.

Someone (you maybe? I don't know, it's not important anyway) posted in the last few pages about F3Underground using ad.fly links to generate revenue from mod downloads. That makes me really uncomfortable, since I'm pretty sure using mods to create revenue is expressly prohibited by Bethesda. It's crap like that that would drive a company away from supporting the few good parts of mod communities.

The fact that they're generating revenue from crap stolen from other games that should be copyright restricted behind the paper thin veil of registration requirements strikes me as a Bad Thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

NeurosisHead posted:

Someone (you maybe? I don't know, it's not important anyway) posted in the last few pages about F3Underground using ad.fly links to generate revenue from mod downloads. That makes me really uncomfortable, since I'm pretty sure using mods to create revenue is expressly prohibited by Bethesda. It's crap like that that would drive a company away from supporting the few good parts of mod communities.

The fact that they're generating revenue from crap stolen from other games that should be copyright restricted behind the paper thin veil of registration requirements strikes me as a Bad Thing.

Yeah. I was browsing their forum and they had Ad.fly set up for links to Nexus pages. But when they host mods that are almost entirely unauthorized rips of assets from other games, bolstered with Ad.fly advertising per download of said mods? Yeah. That's all sorts of ridiculous.

Sometimes I think you're a spy for F3U. Sometimes.
I don't loving trust you, PA.

VVVVVVV

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Oct 14, 2011

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
/\/\/\
Bwahaha, gently caress no. I couldn't even get through making that 30 posts/3 days thing without wanting to kill myself.

To be fair, with the like 20 clicks their ad.fly links get they're hardly generating any revenue, probably. That site isn't nearly as well visited as the nexus, which pretty much does the same with advertising before every download.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Oct 14, 2011

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Upmarket Mango posted:

I can wear other things with my signature armour just fine.

NeurosisHead posted:

Ditto.

Strudel Man posted:

:raise: As other people have suggested, that should not happen...what was the outfit you were using, and what was the hat?

Desert Scorpion outfit + Gunslinger hat + steel sunglasses + blunt. I think I know what it was. I started with just the Desert Scorpion stuff, set that as my armor, then added more stuff.

Maybe I did something wrong :downs:

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I'm using that Delay DLC mod, and so every time I trigger the OWB quest it always starts a bug where the Mysterious Broadcast plays, then stops and there is no music at all (no ambient stuff either). Then when I bring up the Pip-Boy screen or hit pause with the escape button the Mysterious Broadcast is playing.

I actually tried going to Big MT, and that seemed to fix it, but I'm worried once I go back to the Mojave it's going to go back to being all screwed up.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I'm using that Delay DLC mod, and so every time I trigger the OWB quest it always starts a bug where the Mysterious Broadcast plays, then stops and there is no music at all (no ambient stuff either). Then when I bring up the Pip-Boy screen or hit pause with the escape button the Mysterious Broadcast is playing.

I actually tried going to Big MT, and that seemed to fix it, but I'm worried once I go back to the Mojave it's going to go back to being all screwed up.

Hm, curious. I'm using the Delay DLC FOMOD as well, and I haven't had this problem. Although I was under the impression that I wouldn't be able to trigger the DLC until I was a certain level, which didn't turn out to be the case.

Are you sure there isn't a conflict between it and something else in your load order?

Wax On
Mar 22, 2007

drop a bat beat
There was a mod for better plasma and laser weapon effects for Fallout 3. Is there anything similar for New Vegas? I tried going through the Nexus but I couldn't find anything like it.

e. Thanks!

Wax On fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 14, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Wax On posted:

There was a mod for better plasma and laser weapon effects for Fallout 3. Is there anything similar for New Vegas? I tried going through the Nexus but I couldn't find anything like it.

Essential Visual Enhancements*

*Like FO3's "EVE", this can be buggy. You have been warned.

Gutrot
Dec 17, 2004

you're*

Happens to me as well. Other folk have no trouble, though, and neither did I when I restored New Vegas to a clean DLC'ed state then added only that mod.

Welp, just tried again with a clean install after getting nowhere with my modded New Vegas, and same thing happens when the only mod present is the full FOMOD version 1.5 of Delay DLC. So I dunno, guess I'll avoid the Nipton catchment area until I'm ready to head to Big Mountain.

Gutrot fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 14, 2011

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Hm, curious. I'm using the Delay DLC FOMOD as well, and I haven't had this problem. Although I was under the impression that I wouldn't be able to trigger the DLC until I was a certain level, which didn't turn out to be the case.

Are you sure there isn't a conflict between it and something else in your load order?

I couldn't see anything, then again I'm sketchy using FNVEdit and I don't really dig all that deep. Also yeah, it said I wouldn't trigger LR until level 25 but I was walking just outside of Primm at around level 4 and sure enough.

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl
I know the Signature Mods allow you to upgrade to the unique version of a thing without losing the actual bonuses, but does it work with the riot armor? Like, from the LR riot armor to the elite/advanced?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Mikael Kreoss posted:

I know the Signature Mods allow you to upgrade to the unique version of a thing without losing the actual bonuses, but does it work with the riot armor? Like, from the LR riot armor to the elite/advanced?
No. Only signature weapons has the unique/normal check, and even then, it's only for uniques present in the base game.

Capn Beeb posted:

Desert Scorpion outfit + Gunslinger hat + steel sunglasses + blunt. I think I know what it was. I started with just the Desert Scorpion stuff, set that as my armor, then added more stuff.

Maybe I did something wrong :downs:
That ought to have worked...it checks what you have equipped in slot 2, which is the upper body, and then adds that one item to the 'signature armor' formlist. Unless Desert Scorpion itself is unusual in some fashion. Hm.

If you wanted to try that out again, find out exactly what item causes you to lose the bonuses when it's equipped, it would be appreciated.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 14, 2011

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 26, 2021

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

harrygomm posted:

I got NVSE running on the third re-install. Nothing changed, it decided to work I guess. I decided to do a hardcore run, but I kinda want the hardcore HUD elements to be displayed at all times. Typically I use Darn, but I didn't see an option or mod that incorporated that into his HUD. I went through the unification project and didn't see anything worthwhile there and also tried every variation of harcore + thirst + hunger + sleep + HUD on the nexus that I could think of. Any ideas?

e: apparently the elements exist in the DarN XML file, but they require FWE to be running, which I imagine is just a holdover from his FO3 version. Hmm.

e2: Primary needs is apparently the only option. Well ok.

Install DarN, install Primary Needs, then install Unified HUD and enjoy both :)

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Essential Visual Enhancements*

*Like FO3's "EVE", this can be buggy. You have been warned.

It's worse than FO3's in my experience in terms of slowdown and crashes, and suffers from the same bloat problems many New Vegas mods have. It adds things like slow animations for cash registers and those sacks full of goodies you find, unless they've since removed that.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
loving hell this is such a headache. Can somebody help me in deleting the Data directory? I've already uninstalled New Vegas with 'delete local content' via Steam, but when I want to get rid of the remaining files (mostly mods) I'm denied permission. I'm running Vista but I'm the admin and have UAC long disabled, I think this is some additional security permission from Steam.

edit: False alarm (hopefully). No problems with deleting after rebooting the system.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 15, 2011

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Chronojam posted:

It adds things like slow animations for cash registers and those sacks full of goodies you find, unless they've since removed that.

:wtc: Why the hell would someone do that? Did they also make high-res detailed animations and models of openable crates/ammo cans/trunks/safes?

:byodood: "MY IMMERSION OCD!"

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
What does everyone think of the Book of Water mod?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Police Automaton posted:

/\/\/\
Bwahaha, gently caress no. I couldn't even get through making that 30 posts/3 days thing without wanting to kill myself.

30 posts? I got my account when it was only five posts. :shepface:

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Anybody know of any mods that let you craft .22LR? I'm using the .22 silenced pistol as a signature weapon, and it's annoying having to hunt down ammo.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
Lately I've been getting a lot of infinite loading screens and crashes. Like a lot, like almost every other loading screen. Other than experimenting with my mods (though I haven't added any in ages), are there any common culprits for this behavior?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I upgraded Supplementary Uniques from 2.64c to 3.0, and lost all the unique weapons/ammo I'd collected. Is there a way to avoid this?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Anybody know of any mods that let you craft .22LR? I'm using the .22 silenced pistol as a signature weapon, and it's annoying having to hunt down ammo.

You can get some from the commissary in the first room in LR i believe. They always stock it if im not mistaken.

At that point you might just want to switch to the nail gun though. Still silent, and its the fastest gun in the game I think.

Cousin Todd fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Oct 15, 2011

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
An easy way to get shitloads of ammo just after running from Goodsprings to New Vegas is to do the first couple quests from Jack & Dianne. They can be done at level 1 and you get access to the Khans armorer and they stock ammo like the NCR guy at the Dam.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
A thing happened to me: my pipboy is no longer opening.

Remapping the key does not help. I don't think it is related to mods, because it just happened during normal play and not after I activated some new mod.

Deactivating all mods does not help either.

Has anbody ever seen something like this before?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Nektu posted:

A thing happened to me: my pipboy is no longer opening.

Remapping the key does not help. I don't think it is related to mods, because it just happened during normal play and not after I activated some new mod.

Deactivating all mods does not help either.

Has anbody ever seen something like this before?

This happened to me when I replaced the Pipboy with that hand held PDA in Fallout 3.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Here is a pretty sweet "mobster shotgun" -

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44369

Just another pretty high quality weapon to use. It's not added via scripts, though, as far as I can tell - so make sure to create a merged patch before using.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Gyshall posted:

Here is a pretty sweet "mobster shotgun" -

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44369

Just another pretty high quality weapon to use. It's not added via scripts, though, as far as I can tell - so make sure to create a merged patch before using.

Mobster shotgun? The only real mobster way of playing new vegas is with the fire axe.

Also, I reinstalled, I'm using NVSE + FNV4GB, and NVSR, some .ini tweaks. Except I can't load the game. Just crashes like I'm missing a master, but I don't think I am.

FalloutNV.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
IWR.esm
IWS-Core.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
iHUD.esm
New Vegas Redesigned.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CASM.esp
Centered 3rd Person Camera - Unraised.esp
IWR - Rebuilt.esp
Lore version.esp
Better Burned Man.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - OWB Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - LR Sharing Fix.esp
CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp
CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-DM.esp
IWS-HH.esp
IWS-OWB.esp
IWS-LR.esp
ManualReload.esp
Tag Skills Improved.esp
ADAM - MAIN.esp
ADAM - HH.esp
ADAM - LR.esp
ADAM - Rangers on Patrol.esp
CompanionDisguises.esp
noautoaim.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Nights are Darker 25%.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
Weightless Ammo.esp

Total active plugins: 44
Total plugins: 44

Brace fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 15, 2011

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Brace posted:

Mobster shotgun? The only real mobster way of playing new vegas is with the Nail Gun

Fixed

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Brace posted:

Mobster shotgun? The only real mobster way of playing new vegas is with the fire axe.

Also, I reinstalled, I'm using NVSE + FNV4GB, and NVSR, some .ini tweaks. Except I can't load the game. Just crashes like I'm missing a master, but I don't think I am.

FalloutNV.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
IWR.esm
IWS-Core.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
iHUD.esm
New Vegas Redesigned.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CASM.esp
Centered 3rd Person Camera - Unraised.esp
IWR - Rebuilt.esp
Lore version.esp
Better Burned Man.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - OWB Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - LR Sharing Fix.esp
CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp
CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-DM.esp
IWS-HH.esp
IWS-OWB.esp
IWS-LR.esp
ManualReload.esp
Tag Skills Improved.esp
ADAM - MAIN.esp
ADAM - HH.esp
ADAM - LR.esp
ADAM - Rangers on Patrol.esp
CompanionDisguises.esp
noautoaim.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Nights are Darker 25%.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
Weightless Ammo.esp

Total active plugins: 44
Total plugins: 44

You have no Armory installed, and also you have IWS-DM enabled when you don't have Dead Money.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Naky posted:

You have no Armory installed, and also you have IWS-DM enabled when you don't have Dead Money.

Yeah I caught that the moment after I posted that...

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Anyone else hoping the next update of FOOK removes or at least modifies some of the weird handful of weapons that we got in Gun Runners to rustier older but cheaper versions of the GRA guns?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
ANyone else hotkey esther just for the free DT boost?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I had this exact same problem--I think in the notes for the mod it says that you'll get the quest notice once the radio message plays all the way through. That works fine for Dead Money or Honest Hearts as the messages are short, but not for OWB. Everything returned to normal once I uninstalled that mod.

Question about Lombard Station -- is there a place to put these .45 pistols, war clubs, or .45 SMGs? Maybe I need to redo my load order but it seems like there's nowhere to put them. (Using version 0.4, I believe)

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Is FOOK really buggy or something? I'm reading through the feature list or whatever and it seems like a laundry list of fixes and improvements over the Vanilla game.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Brace posted:

Is FOOK really buggy or something? I'm reading through the feature list or whatever and it seems like a laundry list of fixes and improvements over the Vanilla game.

FOOK is a pretty big mod that expands with every release, they do add some interesting stuff including craftable weapons and old school coded from the ground up Fallout 3 favourites.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

Lately I've been getting a lot of infinite loading screens and crashes. Like a lot, like almost every other loading screen. Other than experimenting with my mods (though I haven't added any in ages), are there any common culprits for this behavior?

I get these too, but not as often as you. Pretty often though, like 2 or 3 in an hour. I've gone through my mod list, and I don't think it's any of my mods. Not sure why it's happening! If you find out, let me know.

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010
I took a break from this game since a little after Honest Hearts came out, so now I'm browsing all the new mods. In particular, when I was looking to see if someone had made a competent unofficial patch while I was gone, I was linked to the inofficial patch. Can anyone tell me if this is any good? I could probably get by with just my custom bugfixes, but it would be nice to not need to crack open the GECK every time something breaks.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

To anyone that uses Pipboy Readius, have any of you tried this, it's supposed to fix most of the problems with the Readius or at least make them less frequent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Electric Phantasm posted:

To anyone that uses Pipboy Readius, have any of you tried this, it's supposed to fix most of the problems with the Readius or at least make them less frequent.

It works like a charm, and I was only a couple hours away from posting it as a recommendation. It should go in the OP as part of the Readius entry.