Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I had great sprint EVDO-0 and rev A speeds during the HTC Titan days. Then everything hit the fan in early-mid 2010 and I haven't seen decent speeds since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Ever since the Android 2.3.5 update for my Nexus S 4G, I've had decent 3G speeds here in Omaha, NE.

Pice of Shit
Jun 11, 2003
I got mail....yay.
I just re-upped my contract with sprint last week in order to pre-order an iphone.

Because I also recently realized that I don't use very much data I'm seriously considering going to verizon.

If I returned the iphone (it's still in the mail) would it be possible for me to cancel my new contract, go back to being on month-to-month and just pay a re-stock fee?

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Is Sprint picture mail still being stored online? I got a picture yesterday on my EVO and I accidently deleted it when I wiped my EVO to move the iPhone. I went to get it online (the Sprint picture mail web album) today, and I noticed none of my picture mail from the last 2 days (inbox or sent)are on the web. Anybody else notice this? Did Sprint change its policy?

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
Is the EPRP email address (everythingreferral@sprint.com) actually useful for support issues? I spent an hour and a half getting bounced around to different departments when I called the 888-876-8381 number listed on the EPRP page. My situation is a bit complicated, so it's a pain in the rear end having to explain it from the beginning every single time I get transferred.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

nate fisher posted:

Is Sprint picture mail still being stored online? I got a picture yesterday on my EVO and I accidently deleted it when I wiped my EVO to move the iPhone. I went to get it online (the Sprint picture mail web album) today, and I noticed none of my picture mail from the last 2 days (inbox or sent)are on the web. Anybody else notice this? Did Sprint change its policy?

I got a text message this morning telling me about this service, so I assume it is still around.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

quadratic posted:

Is the EPRP email address (everythingreferral@sprint.com) actually useful for support issues? I spent an hour and a half getting bounced around to different departments when I called the 888-876-8381 number listed on the EPRP page. My situation is a bit complicated, so it's a pain in the rear end having to explain it from the beginning every single time I get transferred.
From the old old Sprint thread OP:

quote:

E-Care is a panacea for all that ails you. ecare@cc.sprintpcs.com
This should really be in the OP here too.

Evil Crouton
Oct 4, 2004

The Amish scare me

nate fisher posted:

When I go to pictures.sprintpcs.com I see everything I've sent or received going back 60 days or so, including the not very funny forwards I've gotten in the last 2 days.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Maybe it's a bug and the iPhone is doing 1x data only?

This is what it sounds like. People are reporting .1-.2Mbps with an iPhone and 1Mbps with other phones.

Though I usually get .1-.4Mbps in Phoenix with 3G :(

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

sysum1 posted:

I just re-upped my contract with sprint last week in order to pre-order an iphone.

Because I also recently realized that I don't use very much data I'm seriously considering going to verizon.

If I returned the iphone (it's still in the mail) would it be possible for me to cancel my new contract, go back to being on month-to-month and just pay a re-stock fee?
Yeah, as long as you return it within the 14 day window.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Casao posted:

Anyone done the Sprint+GV integration on an iPhone yet? I just set it up, hoping it's as seamless as I'm imagining.

After a day of loving around, this is amazing. Doesn't seem to be any of the hacks downsides, especially since sprint is now emailing incoming mms messages for gv integration. So now I have a full web ui for my phone.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Casao posted:

especially since sprint is now emailing incoming mms messages for gv integration

Whoa, how do I turn this on? MMS messages are the one thing I don't get via Google Voice.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

plester1 posted:

Whoa, how do I turn this on? MMS messages are the one thing I don't get via Google Voice.

Got to turn on txt to email, then mms will be emailed too. They're working to add it to inbox, but for now, it's something. Also, staggered rollout do you might not see it for a little while. It's coming.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

td4guy posted:

From the old old Sprint thread OP:
This should really be in the OP here too.

Fixed.

perhonen
May 7, 2007

Casao posted:

Got to turn on txt to email, then mms will be emailed too. They're working to add it to inbox, but for now, it's something. Also, staggered rollout do you might not see it for a little while. It's coming.

The only thing that isn't seamless about google voice is mms sent by you is sent from your sprint number, not google voice.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

frenziedslacker posted:

The only thing that isn't seamless about google voice is mms sent by you is sent from your sprint number, not google voice.

They're the same number. That's what's special about sprints google voice integration.

perhonen
May 7, 2007

Casao posted:

They're the same number. That's what's special about sprints google voice integration.

Not if you brought your own gvoice number. I setup a new iPhone from sprint and didn't port a number, and all messages are sent and received from my google voice number except outbound mms. I imagine if you use your sprint number in gvoice mms works the right way.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

frenziedslacker posted:

Not if you brought your own gvoice number. I setup a new iPhone from sprint and didn't port a number, and all messages are sent and received from my google voice number except outbound mms. I imagine if you use your sprint number in gvoice mms works the right way.

Yeah, but I meant the special deal Sprint has with Google Voice, where your Sprint number can become your GV number. It's awesome. And since I got the baller "777" exchange on my new Sprint number, I dropped my GV number like it's going out of style.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002
If you're using Google Voice, you must install the GVoice Chrome extension. Notifications ding on my laptop before my phone. Voicemails, multiple recipient text messages, and phone numbers on web pages work as hyperlinks to connect calls to your cell phone. Much better than any of the SMS to PC apps I've used that require a service to run on your phone.

With Sprint GVoice integration and transcribed voicemails to text, I don't even install the GVoice app on my phone.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

goku chewbacca posted:

If you're using Google Voice, you must install the GVoice Chrome extension. Notifications ding on my laptop before my phone. Voicemails, multiple recipient text messages, and phone numbers on web pages work as hyperlinks to connect calls to your cell phone. Much better than any of the SMS to PC apps I've used that require a service to run on your phone.

With Sprint GVoice integration and transcribed voicemails to text, I don't even install the GVoice app on my phone.

Seconding this. I was worried I would need to jailbreak for DeskSMS (since I'm so used to it for Android), but the integration like this, there's no need. About the only issue is things I type from the web interface don't show up in the iOS Messages app, but they're in the GV one if I ever really need it.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
Limited-Time Offer: Free Activation When You Buy a Sprint Phone

Receive an activation-fee credit of $36 for each qualifying new line of service from Sprint activated with a 2-year agreement purchased from AmazonWireless.com between midnight PDT October 17, 2011, through 11:59 p.m. PDT October 24, 2011. This offer is sponsored by Sprint and is valid in the United States. The activation-fee credit will appear on your bill and may take three billing cycles to appear. Standard early-cancellation fee and other up-front and monthly charges and fees may apply.

Pricing for existing customers on the top tier phones:

Photon - $179
Epic Touch - $149
Evo 3D - $99
Evo - $79

blargle
Apr 3, 2007
Has anyone rooted a Sprint phone recently? After rooting I get an error 16 when making calls, a message telling me to call customer service, and then it hangs up on me. Customer service tells me that I need to bring the phone to the store.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

blargle posted:

Has anyone rooted a Sprint phone recently? After rooting I get an error 16 when making calls, a message telling me to call customer service, and then it hangs up on me. Customer service tells me that I need to bring the phone to the store.

I think you get that error if you haven't updated the PRL or profile before you rooted. Never got it, but looks like you need to call Sprint and ask for a CHLR refresh.

SneakyCracker
Oct 28, 2003

IRC - Its nothing more than multiplayer notepad.
OK, decision time. I am sitting on an upgrade credit, and I am ready to replace my "rebooting by itself 10x times a day" Epic before I throw it at the wall. Having come from a Moment previous to the Epic, I am more than a bit leery of the SGS2E4GT (as beautiful of a phone as it is), and the EVO 3D has been out since June already. Since my upgrade credits will no longer be yearly after this (currently a 10+ year premier member), I want to be sure I get something that I am going to be OK with for the next 2 years.

My question is this - should I go with the EVO 3D (given that I can get it for $99 via Amazon right now), or should I hold out a bit longer in the hopes that something better is on the horizon? I was really hoping to hear of some news of the Nexus Prime or some variant of it coming to Sprint before the end of the year, but that seems like a long shot right now. I honestly cant take any more reboots in the middle of phone calls.

Also, I have no interest in the iPhone.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SneakyCracker posted:

OK, decision time. I am sitting on an upgrade credit, and I am ready to replace my "rebooting by itself 10x times a day" Epic before I throw it at the wall. Having come from a Moment previous to the Epic, I am more than a bit leery of the SGS2E4GT (as beautiful of a phone as it is), and the EVO 3D has been out since June already. Since my upgrade credits will no longer be yearly after this (currently a 10+ year premier member), I want to be sure I get something that I am going to be OK with for the next 2 years.

My question is this - should I go with the EVO 3D (given that I can get it for $99 via Amazon right now), or should I hold out a bit longer in the hopes that something better is on the horizon? I was really hoping to hear of some news of the Nexus Prime or some variant of it coming to Sprint before the end of the year, but that seems like a long shot right now. I honestly cant take any more reboots in the middle of phone calls.

Also, I have no interest in the iPhone.

Wait a week to see what the Nexus Prime is, and if you don't like that get the Evo 3D.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

SneakyCracker posted:

I am sitting on an upgrade credit, and I am ready to replace my "rebooting by itself 10x times a day" Epic before I throw it at the wall.
Are you running a custom or leaked ROM on your Epic?

The gingerbread leaks are known for rebooting, and custom ROMs corrupt easily. Honestly if you just need the phone to work for a few months until something desirable comes out, flash to EC05 stock and live with it for a while. It's not that bad on stock if you don't need the GPS. And it really shouldn't reboot on you under that setup.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
One thing my wife is starting to hate about her EVO 3D is the screen is useless in sunlight. The difference is amazing when you put it side by side with an iPhone in the sun. That said I saw that there are some screen protectors for glare. Do they really work?

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Duckman2008 posted:

Wait a week to see what the Nexus Prime is, and if you don't like that get the Evo 3D.

Agree right here just wait it out now. You aren't getting yearly upgrades anymore but it isn't like your upgrade is going to disappear from you so time is on your side. Or at least as long as you can stomach Samsung.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Yes if the Nexus Prime comes to Sprint there is no use to get any other Android phone on Sprint. It will be king. Even if it is a timed exclusive to Verizon it is not going to be like the Nexus S. It looks like other phones will be catching up with it for awhile.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nate fisher posted:

One thing my wife is starting to hate about her EVO 3D is the screen is useless in sunlight. The difference is amazing when you put it side by side with an iPhone in the sun. That said I saw that there are some screen protectors for glare. Do they really work?

Not really, anti-glare makes the screen noticeably worse to me, and I'm partially color blind.

SneakyCracker
Oct 28, 2003

Yeah, I am running EH17 in my epic, but I only went to that because EC05 was running like crap for me as well. I DO use GPS on my phone, quite a lot. What caught my attention in this case is the fact that Amazon has the EVO 3D for $99 right now - I assume that's a limited time deal, and that it won't be around in a week or whatever. Anybody have any clarification on that?

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
A price like that is probably limited time and it'll probably roll around every now and then. It's basically up to you at this point whether or not you want to use your upgrade.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

SneakyCracker posted:

Yeah, I am running EH17 in my epic, but I only went to that because EC05 was running like crap for me as well.
Yeah, the reboots on EH17 are a well known problem. If it makes any difference, SRF 1.3 should be out "real soon now" and addresses the previous data corruption issues. With patched GPS, I've found it to work rather darn reliably on EC05 now.

Granted, all of that is moot if you decide to pick up the Evo 3D, but the Nexus Prime is really promising, so that might be helpful if you decide to hold off a few months.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

"SneakyCracker" posted:

Yeah, I am running EH17 in my epic, but I only went to that because EC05 was running like crap for me as well. I DO use GPS on my phone, quite a lot. What caught my attention in this case is the fact that Amazon has the EVO 3D for $99 right now - I assume that's a limited time deal, and that it won't be around in a week or whatever. Anybody have any clarification on that?

The nexus gets announced tomorrow, at least wait until tomorrow night.

You should consistently be able to find someone who will sell the 3D for $99. Hell, my sprint store sells it for $149 without batting an eye.

SneakyCracker
Oct 28, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

You should consistently be able to find someone who will sell the 3D for $99. Hell, my sprint store sells it for $149 without batting an eye.

Tomorrow? drat, I thought the announcement was a bit further out than that. I know Verizon has pretty well got a lock on the Nexus in some way, but drat do I hope that Sprint is in line for something as well...

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

blargle posted:

I flashed CM7 on my sister's Shift after she got a replacement from Sprint, and it did this. I had hell week trying a hundred different things and calling Sprint a million times (they would do a refresh and some new change in their system every time, it never stuck more than a day) and finally had to go back to a Sense-based rom. If you've only rooted and are having this issue more than once I don't know what to tell you, but only changing back to a Sense-based rom was able to fix it for me.

blargle
Apr 3, 2007
I had to call half a dozen times but finally got a super knowledgeable rep who fixed the problem immediately.

letsgoflyers81
Aug 7, 2003

C IS FOR COOKIE!

Duckman2008 posted:

I'm pretty sure it's getting announced on Wednesday.

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

letsgoflyers81 posted:

I'm pretty sure it's getting announced on Wednesday.

Wednesday in Hong Kong.

Tuesday at 10PM EST in the States.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
So I got an iPhone 4S this weekend, and the data speeds and coverage seem...lackluster at best in my area (~.9 Mb/sec or less). If I were to return it, would my contract term return to what it was at before I upgraded? It might be worth jumping ship to Verizon for the $80 ETF I had left.