Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kumo Jr.
Mar 21, 2006

JON JONES APOLOGIST #4

Lt. Shiny-sides posted:

That will save you tons of time, and again will be more effective for performance enhancement.

I've heard those arguments before, but I disagree. Those 2-3 hours often include up to an hour of kickboxing, and I'm seeing the results I want from the training I do.

One of the guys I work with has made similar arguments about workout times and hormones, but I believe there are two types of training modes. Development and performance. Training for development is an endurance struggle, it's high reps with lower weights so that my body is able to endure all of the long training sessions (often learning new techniques or movements). Training for performance (perhaps before a set fight date) and I would agree with you ramping up the intensity and lowering the duration of my workouts.

I believe that the development training paired together with the functional training (such as the bosu stuff) is what has kept me from suffering any injuries so far. And I also would argue that balance training is one of the most important things a mixed martial artist can do, because so much of sprawling, wrestling and grappling involves balance and coordination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fontoyn
Aug 25, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Kumo Jr. posted:

I've heard those arguments before, but I disagree. Those 2-3 hours often include up to an hour of kickboxing, and I'm seeing the results I want from the training I do.

One of the guys I work with has made similar arguments about workout times and hormones, but I believe there are two types of training modes. Development and performance. Training for development is an endurance struggle, it's high reps with lower weights so that my body is able to endure all of the long training sessions (often learning new techniques or movements). Training for performance (perhaps before a set fight date) and I would agree with you ramping up the intensity and lowering the duration of my workouts.

I believe that the development training paired together with the functional training (such as the bosu stuff) is what has kept me from suffering any injuries so far. And I also would argue that balance training is one of the most important things a mixed martial artist can do, because so much of sprawling, wrestling and grappling involves balance and coordination.

Bosu ball drills really don't improve co-ordination or balance or anything like that. Also, development training doesn't really exist.

Benching 135 for a lot of reps won't do a whole lot past a certain point. If you can raw bench 225, you better believe 135 will fly up and you'll not be lacking for 'endurance'.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

Blazebro420 posted:

Uh, I did mention the quality? I mentioned that Vandry's school was well established, plus the fact that the senior instructor actually spends time instructing? Whereas for that GB school the senior instructor apparently flew in from Florida, spent a year in Austin establishing four schools under the GB banner and is now doing the same thing in Tennessee?

Also, I've never trained with Vandry, when I trained BJJ in Austin I did it at the Relson-affiliated school that Phil Cardella runs, but I wouldn't recommend that to anyone unless they really like to do steroids and hurt people unnecessarily.

I went in last Thursday and checked out Vandry's school. I spoke with William for a while, and then I asked if I could observe a class. He was like, "oh yeah, sure... actually... Hey, Ed, do we have an extra gi?!" I was thinking, "ooooh poo poo." I mean, I guess I was looking to jump right in anyway. Still, I was nervous.

It was a lot of fun. He had me train with a blue belt doing some drills and then he had a black belt roll with me for a while. The black belt, who is also one of the other instructors, was really awesome and encouraging and explained everything he was doing and what I needed to do in response and why. I guess he's also the Muay Thai instructor. So, I was kinda sold, even though I didn't sign up right then and there.

I'll probably call them back today and maybe even start as soon as next week (or whenever I can get the proper equipment).

Lt. Shiny-sides
Dec 24, 2008

Kumo Jr. posted:

Thanks for your response Kumo. There is a reason I asked about what you did during your 2 to 3 hours, because if that was just resistance work it was a bit nuts. That said from the sounds of it your S&C programming could use a lot of work.

Kumo Jr. posted:

First, not only are your hormones a potential issue but there exists a ton of research that long session reduce ability to work, suppress the immune system and don't get you what you are looking for as far as results go. If you are looking to improve anything other than endurance exercises that last longer then an hour or technique, you are pissing in the wind. Second while your concepts of development and performance are cool you are kind of missing the target. There are most definitely different phases of training, but the "development" phase can and should include more high intensity work. As Fontoyn said, max strength play a major role in endurance, as well as general performance improvements for power and stability. High reps have a place in a program but a focus on only endurance is a recipe for average performance.

Kumo Jr. posted:

"Functional" training is a crock of poo poo, sorry, but it is. Hell what is functional training? For pole vaulters "functional" training is walking on your hands, for sailors it is standing on a bosu ball, but this idea that bosu is more functional for all athletes is nothing but marketing. Balance is a very specific quality that needs to be trained for specific circumstances. That is that for the competitive sailors I train bosu makes sense as they are standing on a shifting surface, but again unless you are fighting on a boat you aren't going to get any results. Balance for MMA needs to be trained on mats or in the ring as that is where you are fighting. As for injury prevention there is no proof that bosu helps in any way to prevent injuries. What they are good for is recovery once an injury has occurred, but on a healthy lower limb, research has shown there are no benefits. You are better off squatting and lunging.

Some stuff to think about.

Kumo Jr.
Mar 21, 2006

JON JONES APOLOGIST #4

Lt. Shiny-sides posted:

Some stuff to think about.

I hear what you're saying. I do try to challenge myself in all of my workouts, and I like to perform lifts at around 75%max for 10-15 reps. I do heavy workout days and train negative reps in over max loads, but it all depends on how my body feels on a given day. There are those that always train in the same patterns and push themselves to become exceptional at those specific movements, but there's something lost in translation if you alter the exercise in properties such as stability and endurance. I try and shock my body with a constantly new and challenging workout. I've been doing this for over a year, and I am still finding success in developing my body and athleticism. I haven't gotten injured, and I haven't gotten burned out from my extreme fitness schedule of consistent 3-4 hours of physical activity per day.

The balance stuff that I like to do on the half-bosu does translate into kickboxing activities. I like to balance on one leg and throw push-kicks at a bag with my other foot without touching that foot to the ground. You need balance to practice that activity, and half-bosu stuff has helped me become better. Now I can throw ten push kicks at a bag without losing my balance on the other leg. Now I can throw two push kicks quickly, and then a muay thai kick with a strong base on my other leg. I've found that I can hop on one leg and sprawl better now when someone grabs a single-leg for a take down. I'm not an expert, but these are things that are working for me.

I also have workout days where I do max endurance body weight exercises. I do 5 sets of 50 decline pushups, and 5 sets of 18 chin-ups. I just don't do that all the time.

I do like to do explosive movements too, things like a jumping squat with 50% max load. I find that has it's place just as much as one-legged squats, and 40% max load squats on half-bosu ball. I also wants to make sure you get the right impression when I say half-bosu ball. The rounded side is down. You stand in the center of the flat surface. You can't tell me that doesn't challenge your body's stabilizers in a way that will improve performance.

Just some thoughts.

Kumo Jr. fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 16, 2011

Fontoyn
Aug 25, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Kumo Jr. posted:

:words:

Alright, keep your mediocre exercise program, then? And it doesn't challenge your body in a way that will improve your ability to fight. Check out Watch and Woot, get yourself a decent lifting protocol, and stop jumping on half bosu balls with weight on your back or whatever.

Or stay out of shape and bad?

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

So I went to West Point this weekend and fought in the Judo tournament they were hosting. I won, which was nice, but the division was small, only 3 guys, one of whom I beat at Liberty Bell earlier this year. Here are the links to the vids! My thoughts about the fights are in the video descriptions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRO5wN3Kpiw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6-Wi58RETs (my fight starts about a minute in)

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Robert Drysdale seminar in a week and a half at my loca club. gently caress. Yes. This is completely unexpected.

Lt. Shiny-sides
Dec 24, 2008

Kumo Jr. posted:

I hear what you're saying.

I don't think you do. You are not training appropriately, in the end is your call, but I'm going to try one more time to steer you in the right direction.

Kumo Jr. posted:

I do try to challenge myself in all of my workouts, and I like to perform lifts at around 75%max for 10-15 reps. I do heavy workout days and train negative reps in over max loads, but it all depends on how my body feels on a given day.

This is classic bodybuilder training. 10-15 reps are primarily for hypertrophy training especial when combined with your body part focused training. Additionally with such light loads you won't recruit fast twitch fibers. These are your most explosive fibers and allow you to produce the highest power outputs. Spending more time training at 1-6 reps with loads above 85% will produce greater max strength and power. Also eccentric training(what you called negatives)is another great way to develop hypertrophy but for someone not trained extensively in max strength work won't produce much in the way of strength gains. That said it is a great way to work towards injury prevention.

Kumo Jr. posted:

There are those that always train in the same patterns and push themselves to become exceptional at those specific movements, but there's something lost in translation if you alter the exercise in properties such as stability and endurance.

This is true to an extent but the ways you have attempted to implement it is not going to get you anything as far as performance improvements.

Kumo Jr. posted:

I try and shock my body with a constantly new and challenging workout.

This is some P90X garbage and has no place in any training conversation. This is just more buzzwords like functional training.

Kumo Jr. posted:

I've been doing this for over a year, and I am still finding success in developing my body and athleticism.

Cool, now image the gains you could get with an actually decent training program.

Kumo Jr. posted:

I haven't gotten injured, and I haven't gotten burned out from my extreme fitness schedule of consistent 3-4 hours of physical activity per day.

There really is no way you can say that your protocol has anything to do with this based off anecdotal evidence like that. A mate of mine does the worst bent back deadlifts known to man and never gets low back pain, yet my back hurts all the time. Is it because of his poo poo deadlifts that he doesn't get hurt? Nope, it is because he won the genetic loving lottery and I'm made of glass. One could assume the same good genetics for you or we could look at some research.

Kumo Jr. posted:

The balance stuff that I like to do on the half-bosu does translate into kickboxing activities. I like to balance on one leg and throw push-kicks at a bag with my other foot without touching that foot to the ground. You need balance to practice that activity, and half-bosu stuff has helped me become better. Now I can throw ten push kicks at a bag without losing my balance on the other leg. Now I can throw two push kicks quickly, and then a muay thai kick with a strong base on my other leg. I've found that I can hop on one leg and sprawl better now when someone grabs a single-leg for a take down. I'm not an expert, but these are things that are working for me.

Here is some previous research on unstable surface training, I just including a couple of my findings to back up what I said in my last post:

Clark and Burden 2005 - Wobble boards will reduce injury in those with bad ankles
Lephart et al. 2005 - Basic resistance training reduces injury, no need for a bosu
Soderman et al. 2000 - Balance board training does not reduce injury in healthy athletes

Basic idea is that if you are healthy in your lower limbs there will be no reduction in injuries.

Behm and Anderson 2006 - Does show increased activation in stabilizers but a reduction in power output

That means you are training yourself to punch and kick weaker.

Look up Eric Cressey's work as he has disproved heaps of the unstable surface stuff.

Kumo Jr. posted:

I also have workout days where I do max endurance body weight exercises. I do 5 sets of 50 decline pushups, and 5 sets of 18 chin-ups. I just don't do that all the time.

Great more endurance work...

Kumo Jr. posted:

I do like to do explosive movements too, things like a jumping squat with 50% max load. I find that has it's place just as much as one-legged squats, and 40% max load squats on half-bosu ball.

Cool, but power is in the simplest terms strength and speed. If you don't get your max strength up you won't be able to reach your highest levels of power output.

Kumo Jr. posted:

I also wants to make sure you get the right impression when I say half-bosu ball. The rounded side is down. You stand in the center of the flat surface. You can't tell me that doesn't challenge your body's stabilizers in a way that will improve performance.

Yes it does challenge your body, but it does it in no way that will help with fighting. Here is a question why does it matter what way you set up the Bosu ball? I mean if you get the gains you claim, any instability would provide a difference. The thing is even you can tell that since your sport is performed on a flat surface you should train on a flat surface. The surface you fight on is flat and stable, so why train yourself in an environment that has a major difference from the one you aim to compete in? Specificity of training is a real thing and you even mentioned it before when talking about people getting hung up on certain movement patterns, well dude I think you are hung up on Bosu work and bodybuilding methodologies when you should focus more on your sport.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I've never bothered with weightlifting because 3x muay thai per week was enough to keep me in shape. Now I'll be spending 4 months at a place without a kickboxing gym, so I might as well get swole. Which exercises should I focus on? Squat and deadlift seem natural, but is there any point in benching as an amateur kickboxer who doesn't mind having a less perfect chest than Zyzz?

Fontoyn
Aug 25, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Paul Pot posted:

I've never bothered with weightlifting because 3x muay thai per week was enough to keep me in shape. Now I'll be spending 4 months at a place without a kickboxing gym, so I might as well get swole. Which exercises should I focus on? Squat and deadlift seem natural, but is there any point in benching as an amateur kickboxer who doesn't mind having a less perfect chest than Zyzz?

Stronglifts 5x5 is the way to go. You can incorporate some extra exercises into the program if you want to work on specific parts of your body, but the biggest thing is to focus on the big 4 lifts. Deadlife, squat, bench, and overhead press.

Yeah, definitely be benching. It honestly doesn't matter if you're doing close grip or no to simulate punching, but the exercise itself is one of the most important things you can do.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Lt. Shiny-sides posted:

I don't think you do. You are not training appropriately, in the end is your call, but I'm going to try one more time to steer you in the right direction.

This is a very dogmatic W&W post. There is more to life than Squatz.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Thanks, low rep full body exercises sounds great.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Thoguh posted:

Oatz?

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
I went ahead and bought this gi for my upcoming BJJ classes:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0039HMYHS/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details

It says it's a good gi for beginners, and that would be me. Any of you guys have any advice as to single vs double vs gold stitched gis, brands, etc?

Also, during my "demo" class, my toes got rubbed pretty raw on the mat. Should I just wrap them in cloth medical tape?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

KingColliwog posted:

Oatz?

Nah, man, milk.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

M.C. McMic posted:

I went ahead and bought this gi for my upcoming BJJ classes:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0039HMYHS/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details

It says it's a good gi for beginners, and that would be me. Any of you guys have any advice as to single vs double vs gold stitched gis, brands, etc?

Also, during my "demo" class, my toes got rubbed pretty raw on the mat. Should I just wrap them in cloth medical tape?

Before you buy make sure your club doesn't require you to buy a Gi from them.

As far as your toes, yeah, just wrapped them in athletic tape for now. The matburn will stop in a month or two once topic get calluses.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

Thoguh posted:

Before you buy make sure your club doesn't require you to buy a Gi from them.

As far as your toes, yeah, just wrapped them in athletic tape for now. The matburn will stop in a month or two once topic get calluses.

Yeah, I asked before buying. He said he doesn't care if I purchase a gi online. I may buy one from the gym in the future just to have a branded gi with cool patches all over it. :3:

I bought a jockstrap/cup and a mouth guard as well. Anything else I need? I'll be taking Muay Thai classes as well at least once a week. However, the gym's website mentions providing gloves and pads.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

M.C. McMic posted:

I bought a jockstrap/cup and a mouth guard as well. Anything else I need?

Maybe a rash guard. You might eventually decide to start wearing kneepads and/or headgear. But there is no reason to buy those until there is a need.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

M.C. McMic posted:

Yeah, I asked before buying. He said he doesn't care if I purchase a gi online. I may buy one from the gym in the future just to have a branded gi with cool patches all over it. :3:

I bought a jockstrap/cup and a mouth guard as well. Anything else I need? I'll be taking Muay Thai classes as well at least once a week. However, the gym's website mentions providing gloves and pads.

You're really, really going to want your own gloves, pads and shin pads after a while.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Had a good BJJ seminar this weekend. I completely smoked some blue belts who came from out of town. Then i got clowned by a blackbelt in completely new and interesting ways.

We were wrapping things up and suddenly someone says "We've never had a shirtless group photo". Cue gi jackets flying everywhere and and a whole lot of flexing happening.

M.C. McMic posted:

Equipment stuff
Don't buy gloves/shinpads before you check out what kind of stuff they use at the gym.
"Providing gloves and pads" probably means that you can use loaner stuff to train with. Which might be completely fine but will smell like rear end concentrate.

Single weave gi's are really hit and miss. Some are completely OK and can take a beating, and with some you'll end up escaping an armbar by leaving a sleeve behind.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
Yeah, I used to take another (albeit somewhat useless) martial art when I was in high school and early college. The one thing I remember more vividly than anything else is the smell of unwashed pads and gear. If I went the rest of my life without smelling that again, that would be pretty cool, but that's probably not an option now.

Lt. Shiny-sides
Dec 24, 2008

Thoguh posted:

I don't even post in W&W!!! :argh:

My point wasn't that squats rock. I only even mentioned them once and in a different post. The points I was trying to make is that bodybuilding training does not work for performance enhancement, max strength needs to be trained, just mixing up your work outs all the time doesn't get results, and that unstable surface training is useless for the most part.

These are all things that would make ones training for any combat sport better if followed, this has nothing to do with gym time and everything to do with getting something out of gym time.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Question for weightlifting nerds:

I've been experimenting with short/long rests between sets, and lifting slowly/explosively. I feel like I can lift heavier weights if I'm going more slowly. I'm also a little concerned about throwing the weights around too fast in a home gym, don't want to kill myself/break poo poo. I'm doing a modified starting strength.

What's better for grappling? Long rests and slow lifts, long rests and fast lifts, short rests and slow lifts, short rests and fast lifts?

Fontoyn
Aug 25, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

I've been experimenting with short/long rests between sets, and lifting slowly/explosively. I feel like I can lift heavier weights if I'm going more slowly. I'm also a little concerned about throwing the weights around too fast in a home gym, don't want to kill myself/break poo poo. I'm doing a modified starting strength.

What's better for grappling? Long rests and slow lifts, long rests and fast lifts, short rests and slow lifts, short rests and fast lifts?

Alfalfa's the best example I can think of for how to lift weights for athletics, so:

Shorter rest periods and more explosive lifting are the way to go. You should be grinding through lifts later into your session, but the more explosive you are, the better.

mindtwist
Jun 21, 2002
Think you, 'mid all this mighty sum of things for ever speaking? That nothing of itself will come, But we must still be seeking?
Gold in the no-gi. Jumped guard both matches and quickly swept to mount (once with a hip bump, once with a windmill), then played position and ran out the clock. got my rear end kicked in the gi though. I jumped guard but he remained standing up and held me in the air. I've never had that happen in training so I sort of blanked out.. I did a sit up and wrapped my arm around his head for a bit, perfect opportunity to loop choke (hindsight is 20/20) but he eventually broke open my guard and his top game was really good, I had to turtle to keep him from scoring points on the pass and he bow and arrow choked me incredibly fast

was a great experience, but I really hated losing lol. it stands out in my mind a lot more than the victories. the intensity level was really a shock and I'm glad that I was able to play my game a bit though.. can't wait to go back and train some more, it'll feel like slow motion now!

Lt. Shiny-sides
Dec 24, 2008

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

Weightlifting Nerds :3:

My opinion:

First, if you think what you are doing is unsafe forget it. Better off safe than sorry.

Second, you are doing starting strength. So I'm guessing this is your first time lifting? Forget about anything other then just lifting. Get what you can out of the program and then think about something more specific. Any general increase in strength will help right off the back.

Speed of your movements will make a major impact as far as power output goes and power output is king for combat sports. Once you have a decent strength base it will make sense to focus more on speed of movements. Now it doesn't matter how fast your movement actually is just that you try and move as fast as possibly. They call it neural intent, and it will increase your power even if what you are doing is relatively slow.

As far as rest periods go don't confuse your strength training with your conditioning. Focus your rests around getting the most out of your lifts, if you want hypertrophy gains rest a little, if you want strength rest longer and if power or speed is your goal you may want to rest even more. Do your conditioning on its own.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

swmmrmanshen posted:

So I went to West Point this weekend and fought in the Judo tournament they were hosting. I won, which was nice, but the division was small, only 3 guys, one of whom I beat at Liberty Bell earlier this year. Here are the links to the vids! My thoughts about the fights are in the video descriptions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRO5wN3Kpiw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6-Wi58RETs (my fight starts about a minute in)

good job on getting gold even if there wasn't much people in your division! I liked that tomoe nage at the end

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
one thing that is super important:

if you are new to lifting, for the love of god, do not try to be super explosive before a ton of practice in how to lift. The guys that do that are very experienced and have great form, which they have practiced for a long time by using less weight and moving slower. If you just go in and start blowing it up on week 1, you'll destroy yourself and be the weight room equivalent of the spazzy white belt.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Xguard86 posted:

one thing that is super important:

if you are new to lifting, for the love of god, do not try to be super explosive before a ton of practice in how to lift. The guys that do that are very experienced and have great form, which they have practiced for a long time by using less weight and moving slower. If you just go in and start blowing it up on week 1, you'll destroy yourself and be the weight room equivalent of the spazzy white belt.

very true.

Lift at regular speed until you feel ridiculously confortable with your form, then go faster. It's already very hard to have good form on compound lift when you begin, going fast is just asking for an injury

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

KingColliwog posted:

good job on getting gold even if there wasn't much people in your division! I liked that tomoe nage at the end

Thanks! sumi-gaeshi though, not tomoe-nage.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Bosu balls are cool, and make you a better fighter.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

swmmrmanshen posted:

Thanks! sumi-gaeshi though, not tomoe-nage.

woops, you're right I looked at it too fast.

HATE MONDAYS posted:

Bosu balls are cool, and make you a better fighter.

proof : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POSlEeJHFUM&feature=related
and : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OopwpZhKqs (I now want to do those)

poo poo, wtf is wrong with people : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1bqJ4cwKQg&feature=related

KingColliwog fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 17, 2011

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Illegal Username posted:

oh god, this is so beautiful and mesmerizing. I think I spent 2 minutes looking at it.

Finally Went to see a physical therapist today and that pain in my shoulder. Turns out it's a small case of tendinitis! That's not so good, but it's small and I caught it early so she okayed me to do pretty much everything as long as it doesn't hurt and I warm up well yay!

Anyone suffered from a shoulder tendinitis?

KingColliwog fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 18, 2011

Fontoyn
Aug 25, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm looking for sponsors to help with gym/equipment fees for my next fight. Does anyone have any experience with the process? We have a couple guys who do sponsor searching, but I have infinitely more connections to rich philanthropists.

I just don't know how to present it, how much I should ask for etc

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Any advice for cleaning cat urine/blood (kitty is sick :( ) out of a Judo gi? I saw people on here mentioning vinegar before but I didn't see anything like that when I googled

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Hellblazer187 posted:

Any advice for cleaning cat urine/blood (kitty is sick :( ) out of a Judo gi? I saw people on here mentioning vinegar before but I didn't see anything like that when I googled

if your judogi is not white and/or you don't want to use bleach, vinegar and/or lemon juice seems to work well to get rid of most things. I don't know about cat urine specifically, but I'd try it.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Dog urine is good against cat urine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

It is white. I've heard bleach ruins a gi. I guess I could spot treat, though, it's a pretty small stain. I want to get rid of the sweat stains in the armpit area though so I guess I'll do a vinegar soak first and see how that works. How many parts vinegar to water? Or just pure vinegar?

• Locked thread