Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Well Manicured Man posted:

I think I just made the least swooshable, least areodynamic space fighter ever. But then again, why does anything in space have to be aerodynamic? It's ugly, it's chunky, it's dangerous as all hell.

The cockpit is on the left, the engine in the middle, and the huge fuckoff :hellyeah: laser cannons on the right.

The view from the back.

Hello, pilot. This guy's pretty :smug:, and it's probably because he knows he could blast a moon out of its orbit.

See the whole thing head-on.

I wonder if the cockpit and the cannons are too far away from the engine. I really like the cockpit and might end up reusing it later.

I like it, it reminds me of my WASAS.

Asymmetric/ugly spaceships are always fun. And Shuppiluliumas, that's another brilliant set with great lighting.

Lets have some more asymmetry:

InfinEight fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Oct 15, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Series 7 looks awesome. A space marine, a black knight, and an aztec warrior... all in one set :stare:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Series 7 looks awesome. A space marine, a black knight, and an aztec warrior... all in one set :stare:

I'm going to need like 10 of each. Goddamn. Especially that Aztec warrior.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Aztec warrior, knights, vikings -- getting so close to Lego Age of Empires. Hell, with Poseidon in there you can do Age of Mythology!

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

Don't know if this has been posted or not but this guy claims to have the biggest droid army

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTD2ayNAtnA

He also has a comparable sized clone army led by the cloud city Boba Fett, obviously

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQT0sUNePtA&feature=related

:stare:

Ira Glass Jaw fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Oct 15, 2011

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

GidgetNomates posted:

Does this year's Advent Calendar have a showering Santa? Because I still regret not getting one last year.

Are there two for this year? I saw the city? too but grabbed the star wars one.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

Jusupov posted:

Are there two for this year? I saw the city? too but grabbed the star wars one.

I hope the Star Wars one has a showering Vader.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I think they do a City advent every year and back it up with a second advent with a varying theme. I know there's been at least one Castle advent calendar and there was a Pirates one a few years back too.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I feel like such a traitor because we'll be getting a Playmobil advent calendar. They're just loads better value for money (Especially compared to the Star Wars one) and my wife wanted something more traditonal and christmassy :(

Shuppiluliumas posted:

Minifigs Series 7 photo and more 2012 stuff here. Might want to grab the pics before they get disappeared.

I'm digging the mini-Francesco from Cars 2. My kid and all his friends are crazy about Francesco for some reason and the ultimate build one is a bit out of his league right now.

quote:

:words:

Cool. I definitely get the Sneakers vibe. For some reason it reminded me of Battlestar Galactica.... in terms of lighting/set design not so much the characters. The same techniques would probably work really well for a BSG themed interior.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Skulduggery posted:

Don't know if this has been posted or not but this guy claims to have the biggest droid army

He also has a comparable sized clone army led by the cloud city Boba Fett, obviously

How do ayuu liiik my anormuus dwoid aamy
eet ees da beegist een da whole wald
__________________/

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Skulduggery posted:

That dude is like 23, lives with his parents, makes like $500 a month and spends literally every dime he earns on Lego. Truly living the life

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Skulduggery posted:

Ugh... A friend and I were at one of the Boston Lego stores, Natick, I think, and a huge, greasy dude comes in asking for SW battle packs. This was a few years ago and I think the first ones had just come out then. He wanted to clean them out entirely, but the manager convinced him to leave a few for other customers. He bought about 75 battle packs totaling well over $700. He described to us the huge army he was putting together. I just don't understand it. They never seem to actually do anything with them; just line them all up like that. Maybe someone can lift my spirits with a cool battle scene or something? And I don't mean just two giant piles of figs facing each other.

Here's another one. This kid was at BrickFair with his 500 ARF troopers. No reason to spend nearly $1000 on them. No plan. Just to have them...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/legoboy12345678/5913150978/

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
Now, 500 Blacktron I or original Forestman figures, I could understand...

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
That was quick. Hot off the heels of series 6, series 7:whoop i can't count for poo poo, this is series 6

That wind-up robot is excellent.

3 fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 15, 2011

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

3 posted:

That was quick. Hot off the heels of series 6, series 7:

What you have pictured is actually series 6.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah, those leaked a while ago. The minotaur is my personal favorite.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Shuppiluliumas posted:

Minifigs Series 7 photo and more 2012 stuff here. Might want to grab the pics before they get disappeared.

Haha, there's a programmer on the far left

boner meter
Apr 27, 2006
I AM A SMUG ASSHOLE WHO BELIEVES IN RACIST PROPAGANDA. I DESERVE ONLY RIDICULE.

3 posted:

That was quick. Hot off the heels of series 6, series 7:

It still cracks me up how loving lovely that alien is.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
So I was looking through a photostream of 2012 sets and this caught my eye.

Look at the headlight on the right (the car's left).
1x1. Round. Tile.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Flavor Bear posted:

1x1. Round. Tile.

I love new basic parts. Next year's City fire line has some in trans yellow here and there, too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hate the minifigs line. They come out far too quickly and go out of production just as quickly, and are pretty damned expensive. It doesn't help that they are almost all great designs and come with unique parts you can't get elsewhere! :rant:

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
HQ versions of series 7.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/grogall/Minifigures/8831/c_8831_detail_1.jpg

everything owns.

boner meter
Apr 27, 2006
They all rule, but why is the bride wearing a crown?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

boner meter posted:

They all rule, but why is the bride wearing a crown?

It's a Kate Middleton figure.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Let's all take a step back from the instructions, from the licensed theme sets, from the SNOT, from LDD, from Bricklink and from those drat series-whatever minifigs and remember what LEGO is about : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkkATWy0ehM.

Apologies in advance if this video has been posted here before.

boner meter
Apr 27, 2006

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

It's a Kate Middleton figure.

That... still doesn't explain the crown. Britspergin'.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Brides wear tiaras.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Muppetjedi posted:

HQ versions of series 7.

everything owns.

Hardest ownage in that entire picture for me by far is the Classic Space logo on the shoulder of the space marine. That might be the first one of these figures yet that I need excessive multiples of.

Given the droid and clone trooper lunacy we just saw go by, I should clarify excessive in the context as nine or so...a couple squads of four and one to yell "DO YOU WANT TO LIVE FOREVER, YOU APES?!?"

Lord Gold
Feb 22, 2005

'STACHE
WE CAN BELIEVE IN

Flavor Bear posted:

1x1. Round. Tile.

I see a potential problem with this piece, and that is once it's on, how to separate it from another piece with a brick separator? It has neither a flat side nor a stud to grip to.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Somebody talk me out of buying the King's Castle at TRU. I told myself I was going to spend little chunks of money on bulk bricks on BrickLink instead of big sets from now on but seeing that thing at $73 is sort of giving me the shakes.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

No. Stop. Do not buy that Lego.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Travis343 posted:

Somebody talk me out of buying the King's Castle at TRU.

No. Stop. Don't.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sexual Lorax posted:

Hardest ownage in that entire picture for me by far is the Classic Space logo on the shoulder of the space marine. That might be the first one of these figures yet that I need excessive multiples of.

Given the droid and clone trooper lunacy we just saw go by, I should clarify excessive in the context as nine or so...a couple squads of four and one to yell "DO YOU WANT TO LIVE FOREVER, YOU APES?!?"

I'm thinking like a Classic-style moonbase with a cafeteria, all the little classic minifigs are sitting around chatting it up with their helmets off and Space Marine has a table all to himself

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Lord Gold posted:

I see a potential problem with this piece, and that is once it's on, how to separate it from another piece with a brick separator? It has neither a flat side nor a stud to grip to.

???

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Muppetjedi posted:

HQ versions of series 7.

everything owns.

One of those figs is outrageous.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgzZ2Ta0EpA
Truly, truly, truly outrageous!

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

God I haven't even bought any series 6 yet and series 7 is already leaked/coming out soonish?

:(

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!

Well Manicured Man posted:

The view from the back.

Can you post a cut-away / explode of what you did with the quarter-saucer pieces? I need to see if I can do it in meatspace.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Torael_7 posted:

God I haven't even bought any series 6 yet and series 7 is already leaked/coming out soonish?

:(

I haven't even seen any series 6. Are they out yet?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sexual Lorax posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't notice that logo. That's so awesome! The armour looks like it'll be really easy to feel for, and is that a new helmet, too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I haven't even seen any series 6. Are they out yet?

No, series 6 is not out yet, possibly not till 2012. Series 5 are still on shelves.