Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mauzeraut
Aug 15, 2005

Ka-BEWWWWM!

Away all Goats posted:

^^^Pretty easily.

Here's professor badass again.

If you can wear pink shoes and still look badass, that's like double badass.

This guy needs a sitcom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

First, STOP FIGHTING ABOUT WHAT IS AND ISN'T BADASS. Seriously, it's like the only rule in this thread.

Second, posting badass people with a small bio is just fine.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Sunday Punch posted:

"Don't forget your towel."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Raimundus
Apr 26, 2008

BARF! I THOUGHT I WOULD LIKE SMELLING DOG BUTTS BUT I GUESS I WAS WRONG!

Away all Goats posted:

Uhh how is this badass?

I imagine it would be pretty loving sweet to wake up there in the morning, if you could keep the bugs off.

It's also a bit of interesting, albeit simple architecture.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Mauzeraut posted:

This guy needs a sitcom.

It seems staged, Terrell Owens is in the background.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Pron on VHS posted:

It seems staged, Terrell Owens is in the background.

No, the badass guy works for ESPN, he's the guy in charge of men's fashion for ESPN on-air guys. So the picture was taken outside ESPN HQ, and Terrell Owens is also on his way out.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Remember this?:

Blimpkin posted:

A friend of mine just posted this on his wall:

I can't wait to see what he does with it.

Well, he's started filming with it.

http://thesoundenvelope.com/lol/rex_test_flight_w.mp4 [37mb](my hosting)

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Blimpkin posted:

Remember this?:

Well, he's started filming with it.

http://thesoundenvelope.com/lol/rex_test_flight_w.mp4 [37mb](my hosting)

Does your friend have a blog post about how he put this thing together? That looks like the sexiest way to break a camera I have ever seen.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Trig Discipline posted:

Does your friend have a blog post about how he put this thing together? That looks like the sexiest way to break a camera I have ever seen.

Not that I can find but he is a goon so maybe I can get him in.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Black Summer posted:

You want to change the nature of justice in America and you kill a president? What did you think that made you? Two-fisted Super-Jesus for the American Way? It made you Lee Harvey Oswald, you prick. You know what? Lots of people hated John F. Kennedy. He barely got elected. But Lee Harvey Oswald isn't remembered as an American hero. Just a prick with a gun who killed the president. That's you now, John.

Despite the comic being unflinchingly brutal to a sometimes excessive and uncomfortable degree. Black Summer has some of the coolest splash art of any comic.

:nws: unless you work in a blood and guns factory that dabbles in explosives production.

Such a shame that the other series these two guys collaborated on is/was really bad.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Despite the comic being unflinchingly brutal to a sometimes excessive and uncomfortable degree. Black Summer has some of the coolest splash art of any comic.

:nws: unless you work in a blood and guns factory that dabbles in explosives production.

It doesn't do much to :nws: mark images and then still inline them.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Elliotw2 posted:

It doesn't do much to :nws: mark images and then still inline them.

What NWS poo poo are you picking up from those thumbnails? Or does your boss just hate little colorful rectangles?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"No one's going to tell me where and where I cant go with tank treads!"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress, that midget guy hit that bazooka knight so hard his eyeballs popped out.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Holy gently caress, that midget guy hit that bazooka knight so hard his eyeballs popped out.

Whoa holy poo poo, the picture is easily the badassest. He is hitting him with a huge machinegun. Warhammer40k art ain't got poo poo on that.

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out
I wonder what his elbow is saying.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Heaps more where that came from: Glorious Retrofuture from Japan.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

There was a short-lived cartoon show from my childhood called "Skeleton Warriors," and after rediscovering it I've realized that it's pretty much the most over-the-top awesome concept for a show ever:

It was basically about humans fighting giant skeleton behemoths in space with swords, guns, and laser-shooting flying motorcycles.

Opening theme song was also pretty rad

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I had a toy from that show, and I had no idea where it came from. Now I know!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I watched Skeleton Warriors religiously when it was first shown, but we didn't get the toys here :(

Luckily, I found a torrent with all the episodes a while ago and it's still goddamn awesome to this day.

Sumadartson
Nov 24, 2006

Jibo posted:

What NWS poo poo are you picking up from those thumbnails? Or does your boss just hate little colorful rectangles?

That is a tiny, tiny man.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Dynastocles posted:

There was a short-lived cartoon show from my childhood called "Skeleton Warriors," and after rediscovering it I've realized that it's pretty much the most over-the-top awesome concept for a show ever:

It was basically about humans fighting giant skeleton behemoths in space with swords, guns, and laser-shooting flying motorcycles.

Opening theme song was also pretty rad

See also: Cadillacs and Dinosaurs. Just listen to that synth-organ.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Badass in a totally dapper way, this guy is a bit of a local celebrity at my university:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

poo poo, that guy is classy. The reporter tries to get him to insult somebody else, and he totally deflects it and then he quotes Noel Coward.

That man is so old-school he drives a yellow bus with gothic arch windows. He's got so much class he sweats loose leaf and number two pencils. Dude dresses so sharp his hat brim splits atoms, and he's so dashing the only reason Usain Bolt's record still stands is because Dr. Edward Bridle wants the poor fellow to enjoy his moment in the sun. He's cool like that.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
Goddamn. That motherfucker's so classy he shits top hats.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Clinton1011 posted:

In a similar vein, this seems like a great place for a swim. Granted, I know it's safe, I can see that it's safe, and still my brain says there is no loving way we're ever going there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVN9KnWy-H8

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
I don't understand how just looking at those images I can get vertigo. It's not like my life is at risk but I get the same feeling I would if I stepped up to the edge of a roof top.

Holistic Detective
Feb 2, 2008

effing the ineffable
Talking about vertigo, has this thread covered free climbing yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a840ANZ-fw

I climb but I still can't wrap my head around the sheer balls it takes to do poo poo like this...

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

RandomFerret posted:

poo poo, that guy is classy. The reporter tries to get him to insult somebody else, and he totally deflects it and then he quotes Noel Coward.

That man is so old-school he drives a yellow bus with gothic arch windows. He's got so much class he sweats loose leaf and number two pencils. Dude dresses so sharp his hat brim splits atoms, and he's so dashing the only reason Usain Bolt's record still stands is because Dr. Edward Bridle wants the poor fellow to enjoy his moment in the sun. He's cool like that.

This is so going on his fan page!!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

bee posted:

Badass in a totally dapper way, this guy is a bit of a local celebrity at my university:

That last quote makes me wish that I were English. Mother gently caress.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Hambone, a Hell's Angel from the pre-Easy Rider days.

Raimundus
Apr 26, 2008

BARF! I THOUGHT I WOULD LIKE SMELLING DOG BUTTS BUT I GUESS I WAS WRONG!

einTier posted:

In a similar vein, this seems like a great place for a swim. Granted, I know it's safe, I can see that it's safe, and still my brain says there is no loving way we're ever going there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVN9KnWy-H8

Is there something completely safe about this that I'm missing?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I mean, it's about as safe as standing on the edge of a cliff. Technically, nothing is going to happen to you, but you're one slip away from death.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
It's a natural pool with a wall at the edge of the falls, there is no way to fall down unless you actually climb over it. The surrounding trees are also full of huge spiders.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

joat mon posted:

Hambone, a Hell's Angel from the pre-Easy Rider days.

This is a truly bad rear end biker:

:haw:

Also bad rear end:

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Holistic Detective posted:

Talking about vertigo, has this thread covered free climbing yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a840ANZ-fw

I climb but I still can't wrap my head around the sheer balls it takes to do poo poo like this...

There's a book called "Off the Wall:Death in Yosemite" that talks about things like this. Reading it all I could think was, drat, people are stupid.

MongolArcher
Jan 2, 2009

Khazar-khum posted:

There's a book called "Off the Wall:Death in Yosemite" that talks about things like this. Reading it all I could think was, drat, people are stupid.

I need to read that one yet. My friends are getting me ready for our camping trip out west by giving me helpful literature, like "Over the Edge- Death in the Grand Canyon". *sigh* NOT helping.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

bee posted:

Hey, another UoN goon! I knew there had to be more than just me. The dapper gent is awesome. I've never spoken with him but we've crossed paths before. I nodded to him and he nodded back. He just oozes dapper.

e:
VVV I have a feeling he's a philosphy lecturer.

Ignimbrite has a new favorite as of 11:22 on Oct 30, 2011

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

bee posted:

I wonder what he's a doctor of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

oddspelling posted:

I wonder what he's a doctor of?

Bad-assidnes. :colbert:

• Locked thread