Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

I don't like Nick too much myself, he seems like he is always stuck on the level of being funny, but not usually funny. He goes for a lot of simple/easy stuff, but Artie is usually there to kick it off and if things get slow or Artie slips into a sugar low Nick can push the show along. But I'd never even bother if it was just Nick.

I like that Nick is also really self deprecating. Artie and him both making GBS threads on themselves cracks me up so bad. Nick is great busting the caller's balls too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Shes Not Impressed posted:

I like that Nick is also really self deprecating. Artie and him both making GBS threads on themselves cracks me up so bad. Nick is great busting the caller's balls too.

Nick wrote the liners and he called Captain McKlusky Sergeant. The baby gorilla should have caught that on the first playthrough.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
I just now got a chance to check it out, day one as good if not better than stern of late. And it's a loving sports show.

Good job artie. I don't know if nick is good/bad for the go yet but artie is the big fat fish back in water.

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

I just checked and the OoTunes iPhone app streams WINZ 940AM out of Miami. Can't wait to listen to it tonight on the drive home.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

justbark posted:

I just checked and the OoTunes iPhone app streams WINZ 940AM out of Miami. Can't wait to listen to it tonight on the drive home.

I Heart radio has it on their app. No clue if they have it for iphone, but it works great on my android.

I have said it before, but in so many ways this thread is the spitting image of a Simpsons thread.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I had a beautiful thought that if Howard would just step down and stop being a tyrant the other talents would come through. The Richard Christie Show would be great, let him sit and talk about stuff, play some music, take some phone calls, whatever, give that dude a show and have Howard stop riding him so drat hard.

Listening to him yell at Scott isn't really fun either. The tone is wrong and gone, he just sounds like an angry rich man, confused at people leaving work or having passions about things that don't put money into their pockets.

Then during the Rosie call, he starts laying into Rosie who broke up with some chick and I could have sworn he was warning Beth not to leave him, they way he was talking up Rosie being a catch and any woman would be stupid to leave her.

That's probably just me reading into it.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

AxeManiac posted:

That's probably just me reading into it.

Not at all. She's a trophy wife, a sham-wife and it's disgustingly blatant. Shes never had talent or a career, she just works out and stays in shape for the lifestyle that Howard provides for her.

She picked a good one though, I mean the guy has millions of dollars, that Howard will provide it but she has to stay in shape, put up with Howards insane neurosis and be in bed at 8 pm

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

chiz posted:

Not at all. She's a trophy wife, a sham-wife and it's disgustingly blatant. Shes never had talent or a career, she just works out and stays in shape for the lifestyle that Howard provides for her.

She picked a good one though, I mean the guy has millions of dollars, that Howard will provide it but she has to stay in shape, put up with Howards insane neurosis and be in bed at 8 pm

I'll like to add that to counter Howard's requirement of no children, she replaces her desire to have children with animals.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I cannot wait for Mike Judge to come in today. I've been so curious about that man, even though he's been on the show before (difference was, it was when he was incredibly famous). Everything in that man's life has been a pretty big failure, monetarily speaking. He got peanuts for Beavis and Butthead, King of the Hill was cancelled without warning, and every single movie he's ever made, while critically loved and all gain a cult following, have been box office disasters. I hope Howard asks him about that. It's like Fox was actively trying to gently caress him, yet still offering him movies. Has anyone seen "Extract"? Great film of his.

I wonder if they will reminisce on Gary “pranking” him in 1995? Personally, it seemed like a cheesy way for Gary to get a Beavis and Butt-head answering machine message for his house.

Way off topic here but there isn’t a Sirius-XM forum, is there any way for me to get the “special” stations on my SL2 device? Channel 400 is 24/7 George Carlin, and it says “for internet or special devices only”. What the…? I can’t get internet in my car, and is this device I have not “special”?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Hamburglar posted:

I cannot wait for Mike Judge to come in today. I've been so curious about that man, even though he's been on the show before (difference was, it was when he was incredibly famous). Everything in that man's life has been a pretty big failure, monetarily speaking. He got peanuts for Beavis and Butthead, King of the Hill was cancelled without warning, and every single movie he's ever made, while critically loved and all gain a cult following, have been box office disasters. I hope Howard asks him about that. It's like Fox was actively trying to gently caress him, yet still offering him movies. Has anyone seen "Extract"? Great film of his.

The man should be a millionaire from just the popularity of Beavis and Butthead, King of the Hill and Office Space alone.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

MrMidnight posted:

I'll like to add that to counter Howard's requirement of no children, she replaces her desire to have children with animals.

You should check out her Twitter page. Her bio begins "mom of bianca". Gee, that isn't revealing at all, is it?

chiz posted:

And occasionally has to let him have sex with her, which according to Howard is great because she doesn't want to have sex for very long so he can just get off and then it's all over!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Who the hell is Matt Nathanson?

Also,

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Hamburglar posted:

Way off topic here but there isn?t a Sirius-XM forum, is there any way for me to get the ?special? stations on my SL2 device? Channel 400 is 24/7 George Carlin, and it says ?for internet or special devices only?. What the?? I can?t get internet in my car, and is this device I have not ?special??

From what I have seen the new channels are only available online through the web or through the apps on Android, BlackBerry, iOS, and a new radio called Edge.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Burden posted:

From what I have seen the new channels are only available online through the web or through the apps on Android, BlackBerry, iOS, and a new radio called Edge.

Sirius XM, doing everything they can to keep listeners.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

FogHelmut posted:

Very surprising quest IMO. Fairly relevant as far as young singer songwriters go. You can hear his stuff on The Coffee house, Hits 1 etc..

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FogHelmut posted:

Also,

I'll pay double if she signs it "Deirdre".

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

kylej posted:

I'll pay double if she signs it "Deirdre".

I wonder how many whack packers are going to cash in their disability checks to get 25 each.

Also Mike Judge is insanely rich. King of the Hill ran for 11 seasons and is syndicated pretty much everywhere right along side the Simpsons. Most of his funnier stuff isn't fart and dick jokes so of course nobody trusts him and great movies like Idiocracy get low budgets and no promotion.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Burden posted:

Ah that's so lame. What the hell? My Stiletto 2 is perfectly capable of receiving new stations? Ugh. I'd just use my phone to create a WiFi point in my car, and connect through that to get those extra stations, but somehow the Steltto 2 detects that I'm doing that and won't connect to it.

AxeManiac posted:

Also Mike Judge is insanely rich. King of the Hill ran for 11 seasons and is syndicated pretty much everywhere right along side the Simpsons. Most of his funnier stuff isn't fart and dick jokes so of course nobody trusts him and great movies like Idiocracy get low budgets and no promotion.

I guess I'm just pissed his movies don't really seem to get any recognition other than Office Space being a "cable TV hit".

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 18, 2011

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I missed Mike Judge today... any good?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Looks like there's an update to Wesley Warren, the guy with the huge balls, complete with video of him walking around. Jesus that looks painful.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Hamburglar posted:

Ah that's so lame. What the hell? My Stiletto 2 is perfectly capable of receiving new stations? Ugh. I'd just use my phone to create a WiFi point in my car, and connect through that to get those extra stations, but somehow the Steltto 2 detects that I'm doing that and won't connect to it.

I guess I'm just pissed his movies don't really seem to get any recognition other than Office Space being a "cable TV hit".

FOX never backed him, they worried people wouldn't get it and would just be offended. Which makes sense, you can't make a movie like that and have it be popular because that audience you are making fun of is the only one that goes to see movies in any great numbers.

He basically forced them to make his dream movies because he brought them so much cash with King of the Hill (which is a drat good show). So he didn't lose really, he gets to do what he wants, that would make me happy.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Kind of annoying how Howard said today that he doesn't foresee ever having Artie in the studio.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Kind of annoying how Howard said today that he doesn't foresee ever having Artie in the studio.
Annoying, but not at all surprising. It sucks.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Sand Monster posted:

And occasionally has to let him have sex with her, which according to Howard is great because she doesn't want to have sex for very long so he can just get off and then it's all over!

Haha I was just thinking about that the other day. "Nope, Beth wants to go straight to sex, no foreplay"

Does that tell you anything there, meathead?

I'd love for someone to call in and point that out. I would but I have to work five days a week :/

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Squashy Nipples posted:

I missed Mike Judge today... any good?

It was just okay.

You should check it out though for when Richard shows up. It was pretty outstanding.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I'm always on a delay like usual, but I'm hearing some of this Scott the Engineer stuff about Personal Time and his work ethic.

How does Howard keep a straight face during his rants now? Yelling at somebody for asking to take some personal time off to go to an event like this? Just assume you skip the whole "why do anything if it doesn't do something for me or make money" but the idea that people don't need/want time off to do things every now and then, when he himself takes off more days then he works now.

Sounded like Scott almost dragged that question out, but he didn't and Howard backed it up with the whole "This is the HOWARD STERN" show, you just work here. But then he says "David Letterman doesn't have to deal with this! Do you see Letterman's sound engineer asking him things?"

Well no, but then again Letterman doesn't make a show out of yelling at his underlings on the radio like Howard does. He just seems so drat detached and when Robin chimes in, it just angers me that this rich do nothing pay people to rub skittles on your rich rear end is chiming in how much she would like to go play and not work.

Look, Scott doesn't have a lovely job, but it is still work, he has to get tired of all the poo poo he takes and plugging in audio cords like the rest of us. I'm fine with him not letting him go, but this amazing lack of understanding of WHY he would want to go is beyond me. It also isn't funny or relate-able anymore either.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
And to your point, AxeManiac, this goes back to Howard not understanding why ANYONE would do something that didn't make them money. See: Richard and his band, that one dude biking across the country (yes that is an insane thing to do, but more power to him) or Gary being into coaching his kids, etc. etc.

Howard is an rear end in a top hat, and not a "we're all rooting for him" lovable rear end in a top hat. Just a straight up bitter old man who has the world by the balls and doesn't seem to appreciate it or the people who gave it to him.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Kelly posted:

who has the world by the balls

Whoa, now. Let's not get crazy here. It's 2011!

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Wow, Stern has become really unlikable in the last month

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Well you know boff, sometimes I would like to go to the baseball game, but I say, nope, I gotta job and my boff would be mad at me.

My personal life is a noine. My work life is a two.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

AltronHGX posted:

Whoa, now. Let's not get crazy here. It's 2011!

Okay. Let me phrase:

"who is filthy rich..."

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Why are they asking him for time off when he doesn't pay them?

Its all just a bit anyway.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Kelly posted:

Okay. Let me phrase:

"who is filthy rich..."

and owns a barbie doll complete with bendable limbs and kung fu grip

"cmon barbie, time to take you to bed" "Oh Barbie I'm gonna play dress up with you, here are some clothes and jewelry."

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Bonzo posted:

Why are they asking him for time off when he doesn't pay them?

Its all just a bit anyway.

Scott wasn't originally asking for time off, he was asking Howard and Howard TV to cover the event again. Then when they didn't want to do that, he tried to ask for time off anyway just to go and Howard starting saying "Well if you can get time off, you are not important" then he started attacking the working man, wondering why having to work 3 days a week and going home to your mansion with your model wife wasn't enough for everyone else.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

AxeManiac posted:

I wonder how many whack packers are going to cash in their disability checks to get 25 each.

13, actually. A testament to the quality of the series is the thread in TVIV that's still active over a year after the show ended.

He definitely got paid off of KOTH.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

A testament to the quality of the series is the thread in TVIV that's still active over a year after the show ended.
You could say the same for this thread :smug:

(But for completely different reasons)

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
It's like that scene from private parts

The average listener listens for XX minutes, with the response of "I want to see what he says next" while the average hater listens for XXX minutes, with the response of "I want to see what he says next".

Cept now for most people it's "I wanna see if he says anything interesting ever again". That and waiting for Artie to come back :allears:

_minty
Feb 22, 2007
~
Today is the fifth anniversary of Artie making out with Blue Iris, which was the first show I ever listened to and instantly hooked me. Watching it was an entirely different thing, and even more enjoyable. Both Blue Iris and Chris Kanyon have unfortunately passed, which makes it seem like it was even longer ago.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Jose from Liquid Metal interviewing Richard for Headbangers Ball.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Oct 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

FogHelmut posted:

[url] http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/701144/richard-christy-talks-charred-walls-of-the-damned.jhtml#id=1672485[/url]

Jose from Liquid Metal interviewing Richard for Headbangers Ball.

It's cool seeing the one person (imo) on the show get recognition for his talent. I know he's been in a ton of other bands, but Charred really seems like his brainchild, and he's just running with it. Kudos to him.