Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
yard trip!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Trig Discipline posted:

yard trip!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

do they know not to go beyond your yard?

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the cat i had growing up would loving freak if you put a belt on the ground

FREAK

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Trig Discipline posted:

yard trip!

October is Trig Discipline posting month

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
starting to consider more and more getting dings a friend because lately im home less than 5 waking hours a week

but she has... issues... with other cats

Totally Reasonable
Jan 8, 2008

aaag mirrors

maine coon 2.flv http://www.youtube.com/v/pZJxzDC-Kxc

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
even after getting used to one another dings will be sullen and bitchy towards me. as long as another cat is living in the house she won't sleep on me at night or when im laying on the couch, regardless of where the other cat is. the day that the cat moves out, she'll be back to her happy self.

i'm almost tempted to try getting a really really young kitten that was abandoned but is below the age at which you should take a cat from its mom to see if dings will feel less threatened due to its young age

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
a kitten that young would just need that much more attention from you and that can't be good for dings

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
that's another concern yes but the initial problems she has with other cats isn't the attention it takes from her but rather that HOLY poo poo GET OUT OF MY HOUSE YOU'RE GOING TO TRY AND KILL ME ARENT YOU

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
cats will get over it and eventually be friends or at the very least indifferent. when we got our 2nd cat they weren't best friends but when we moved, they were both p scared with the process and making them sit together in a big cat carrier while we hauled stuff helped them bond i think

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
dings lived with another cat for 6 months, from when that cat was a kitten to a feisty grownup. they made their peace and could even sleep next to each other. but dings was always distant and bitchy.

the day that Butter moved out, dings was friendly again

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

a Swedish Lynx stalking a vole and giving up. watch the HD version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5subqdPCxY

a Blackbird and Willow warblers singing in the background.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

fork bomb posted:

someone reverse this STAT

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Migishu posted:

someone reverse this STAT

reversegif.com

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

fork bomb posted:

woah, this gets w weird-rear end moire when timged.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

graph posted:

reversegif.com

ownz

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

duTrieux posted:

do they know not to go beyond your yard?

they know i will chase them down and squirt them with a water bottle if they show any sign of going through or over the fence

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Kirk posted:

even after getting used to one another dings will be sullen and bitchy towards me. as long as another cat is living in the house she won't sleep on me at night or when im laying on the couch, regardless of where the other cat is. the day that the cat moves out, she'll be back to her happy self.

i'm almost tempted to try getting a really really young kitten that was abandoned but is below the age at which you should take a cat from its mom to see if dings will feel less threatened due to its young age

dings had a litter once right? maybe she'll remember that kittens aren't her enemy

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
i dunno man she was pretty mad when one of her kids came to visit 3 months after she was given away

like really mad

:catstare: mad

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kirk posted:

i dunno man she was pretty mad when one of her kids came to visit 3 months after she was given away

like really mad

:catstare: mad

she was probably thinking "god dammit i thought i weaned you now gently caress off"

MachDecimal
Aug 14, 2009

Trig Discipline posted:

yard trip!

Ralph is such a great cat, always up to no good :3:

speaking about red cats..
a red catte in the shower:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jI51F-Svco&feature=fvwrel

speaking about cats in showers..
cute siamese cat (not louis) drinking:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=BSTJljxPqh8

e. why is it that cats always like water from somewhere else better than clean, fresh water from their bowl?
*drinks water from the dog's bowl, from a vase, from a mucky pond*
*is a cat*

MachDecimal fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 19, 2011

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
I think Esteban doesn't actually drink out of his water bowl. I have one of those waterfall pump ones, but he ignores it.

As soon as I go into the bathroom he starts pounding on the door and sticking his paws under, and when I let him in, he either jumps in the sink or the bathtub. Then I turn it on a little and he drinks for like...2 minutes noisily. I have to fake hiss at him to get him off the counter when I'm doing the dishes, because he'll step all over the dirty dishes to jam his face under the faucet.

Also if I pour a cup of water, he'll knock it over and drink the spill, which is AWESOME.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

what if you get a shallow rubbermaid container and keep a plastic cup in it so he can knock it over whenever he's thirsty and it doesn't get everywhere?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

duTrieux posted:

what if you get a shallow rubbermaid container and keep a plastic cup in it so he can knock it over whenever he's thirsty and it doesn't get everywhere?

lol cats are crazy, they should just learn to drink from a drat bowl

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

dunkman posted:

I think Esteban doesn't actually drink out of his water bowl. I have one of those waterfall pump ones, but he ignores it.

As soon as I go into the bathroom he starts pounding on the door and sticking his paws under, and when I let him in, he either jumps in the sink or the bathtub. Then I turn it on a little and he drinks for like...2 minutes noisily. I have to fake hiss at him to get him off the counter when I'm doing the dishes, because he'll step all over the dirty dishes to jam his face under the faucet.

Also if I pour a cup of water, he'll knock it over and drink the spill, which is AWESOME.

We ended up just buying this for the bathroom sink and now they don't try to drink from any other faucet.

SinkDrink

MachDecimal
Aug 14, 2009

dunkman posted:

that actually makes at least a little sense, I've read somwhere that cats prefer running water (like from a stream) to avoid sickness.. doesn't explain why they seem to love drinking old yucky flower water though

louis drinks from a bowl with water and a couple of stones in it that sits on the windowsill (originally used for decoration with candles floating in it, my folks got rid of the candles so the cat wouldn't catch on fire)
apparently the water's best when it's a few days old

cats :sigh:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

medium/long hair coats are so soft

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
does anyone else's cat paw at the ground after they eat? i wonder why cats do that

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

mod sassinator posted:

does anyone else's cat paw at the ground after they eat? i wonder why cats do that

elmer does this and for a while we had a towel under his food bowl and he would flip the towel up to cover the bowl after he was done eating.

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

I have zero interest in marriage.

Funhilde posted:

elmer does this and for a while we had a towel under his food bowl and he would flip the towel up to cover the bowl after he was done eating.

Cats :3:

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this is what happens when you take UI design away from engineers and give it to a bunch of hipster art student "designers"
I think my cat is defective.

she has a proper freakout if I put her in her cat bed, but she likes laying down on the carpet next to it.

she only scratches the carpet, not her scratching post. the only thing she does to the post is lick it.

she appears to be immune to nip :(

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Janin posted:

I think my cat is defective.

she has a proper freakout if I put her in her cat bed, but she likes laying down on the carpet next to it.

she only scratches the carpet, not her scratching post. the only thing she does to the post is lick it.

she appears to be immune to nip :(

i have never seen my cat use her cat bed. she'll actively avoid walking on it if it's in the way of something. freakin cats.

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
get ur cat a purr pad

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007
lady friend and i just moved into a sweet loft in an medium-industrial part of oakland. we each have two cats.

i fear we have turned the spiral staircase into some kind of a kitty no-mans land.

a no-kitties land, if you would.

merlin on the top, zanzibar on the bottom.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
percy uses his bed, i even built him a cardboard roof so it doesn't get too bright during the day

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mod sassinator posted:

ralph tries to bury anything that has any discernible odor that he is not currently eating. that includes his food, our food, my morning coffee, franklin's catnip, and p much anything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reaction Cat
Jun 24, 2008
stevecat supremacy