Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
Some one threw out the idea of Slutty Hobo. I approve of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Allatum posted:

Some one threw out the idea of Slutty Hobo. I approve of this.

Which one are you?

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
I'm @shaosyant in game.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm torn between Slutty Muppet, Slutty Breakfast Food and Slutty Republican Presidential Candidate And No Sarah Palin Isn't Running.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Keep in mind the more obscure or difficult to pull off it is, the more we have to give real money to some random idiot.

There will be no switching for this one (or else it would never end) so you'll have to find someone appropriate among the crowd.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

To keep the Halloween spirit, I guess we can have a Slutty Classic Movie Monster category. I'm talking actual 1910-1950s Universal monsters and not that Twilight/Underworld crap.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
I think I'm going to lock in my category to "sexy cartoon character".

IGN shr3d

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You mean slutty.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Slutty Sci-Fi Original Movie Monster,

Slutty But We Can't Tell What It Is,

Slutty/Hideous

Those last two should cover most entrants, actually. Hmm.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Aphrodite posted:

Keep in mind the more obscure or difficult to pull off it is, the more we have to give real money to some random idiot.

There will be no switching for this one (or else it would never end) so you'll have to find someone appropriate among the crowd.

All right, then, I'll lock into an easy one:

Slutty Overuse of One Unpleasant Color

(rufus)

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Any suggestions for a new free player archtype wise?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

If you're genuinely new, just go Behemoth. "Big smashy guy" is a pretty classic superheroic archetype, and while it's a tank-focused powerset, tank-focused builds tend to be among the strongest in ChampO, and Might powers still do pretty decent damage. Just be sure to take Roomsweeper at 11, as a no-cooldown AoE power is important for leveling. Also, because it's hilarious.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Asimo posted:

If you're genuinely new, just go Behemoth. "Big smashy guy" is a pretty classic superheroic archetype, and while it's a tank-focused powerset, tank-focused builds tend to be among the strongest in ChampO, and Might powers still do pretty decent damage. Just be sure to take Roomsweeper at 11, as a no-cooldown AoE power is important for leveling. Also, because it's hilarious.

Behemoth is pretty fun! I made a battletoad character and it's hilarious to watch him just beating the poo poo out of everyone. Roomsweeper does an amazing amount of damage for a tank character. Like I can one shot mobs my own level when I got it.

I made a glacier too and she's pretty fun as well. About as tough as the Behemoth but ranged.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

delfin posted:

All right, then, I'll lock into an easy one:

Slutty Overuse of One Unpleasant Color

(rufus)

Anyway you can phrase that simpler? The ad is going to be big for this one probably.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Aphrodite posted:

Anyway you can phrase that simpler? The ad is going to be big for this one probably.

Slutty Monochrome Disaster?

Meanwhile, I 40'ed out on Crunch Buttsteak and figured I hadn't done pure sorcery yet. He may get zapped on copyright reasons, but what the hell.

The time is now! SuperGoons, join me! For I am Dr. Orpheus! Master of Mysticism!

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
It'll be interesting to see how many variants of the UMVC new characters(and parodies like Orpheus) will show up. More interesting to see how they copy the skillsets as shown.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Okay people, I need categories and which character is judging for next Saturday within the next 2 days or so.

Also the idea here is that it's stuff you could actually buy as a costume. Slutty Cop, Slutty Nurse, Slutty Muppet, Slutty Grandmother from Napoleon Dynamite etc.

Slutty Sentient Representation of the Number Pi? Not good. Save that for next time we do a dumb category CC.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 23, 2011

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Slutty Wizard.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Asimo posted:

Slutty Wizard.

That's a good one, but you didn't contribute so you don't get to pick.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
Is Slutty Hobo still good? How about Slutty 60's Astronaut/Cosmonaut?

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

Aphrodite posted:

Okay people, I need categories and which character is judging for next Saturday within the next 2 days or so.

Also the idea here is that it's stuff you could actually buy as a costume. Slutty Cop, Slutty Nurse, Slutty Muppet, Slutty Grandmother from Napoleon Dynamite etc.

Slutty Sentient Representation of the Number Pi? Not good. Save that for next time we do a dumb category CC.

Are only donators judging? I'd rather judge than try to come up with an actual costume idea.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

That's a good one, but you didn't contribute so you don't get to pick.
N... no... :negative:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sentrygun posted:

Are only donators judging? I'd rather judge than try to come up with an actual costume idea.

The idea was that the donator judges their own chosen category.

However, they obviously have the option to pass on judging or choosing (Or even both.) So if a donator would like to pass judging their category on to you, they are welcome (Or if you already donated and don't want to choose, only judge. I can't keep track of everyone's in-game names.) Shaosyant/Allatum said he probably won't be able to make it, so his category is open if that's still the case.

Allatum posted:

Is Slutty Hobo still good? How about Slutty 60's Astronaut/Cosmonaut?

Both would be fine.

Asimo posted:

N... no... :negative:

There's still time to remedy that, provided you aren't too busy ruining every aspect of TOR for yourself by release.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Aphrodite posted:

The idea was that the donator judges their own chosen category.

However, they obviously have the option to pass on judging or choosing (Or even both.) So if a donator would like to pass judging their category on to you, they are welcome (Or if you already donated and don't want to choose, only judge. I can't keep track of everyone's in-game names.) Shaosyant/Allatum said he probably won't be able to make it, so his category is open if that's still the case.

I will pass on judging responsibility for Slutty Muppet if someone from our usual CC gang wants it. I will then cackle with malevolent glee, remaining behind the scenes as a Koch Brothers-level financier and criminal mastermind.

chelsea clinton
Sep 16, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
You could just be adults and not have the contest centred around degradation of women.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

chelsea clinton posted:

You could just be adults and not have the contest centred around degradation of women.

Men can't be slutty?

You sexist. You disgust me.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 24, 2011

chelsea clinton
Sep 16, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Promiscuous men aren't really called sluts, no. TASTE THE RAINBOW OF SMACKDOWN.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

chelsea clinton posted:

Promiscuous men aren't really called sluts, no.

We are taking it back.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Okay, categories are:
Slutty Classic Movie Monster, judged by jjac
Slutty Cartoon Character, judged by Shr3d
Slutty Hobo, judged by Bluhman
Slutty Mad Science, judged by Kerrzhe
Slutty Muppet, judged by sentrygun

And mine which I haven't decided yet.

Now I just need characters for each of the judges.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Oct 25, 2011

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Unless you need me running Super Speed, I'll probably be judging as Pinkie Pie. If you need Super Speed for a lightning round or something I'll be on as Jezebel instead.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sentrygun, you get Muppet. Bluhman is doing Hobo.

Lightning Round works better with a mix, so superspeed isn't necessary.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Aphrodite posted:

And mine which I haven't decided yet.

If it's going to be last on the categories list, I suggest "frog". Just frog.

tamriilin
Dec 29, 2008

House was on this page when he got that annoying "I'm such a genius" look.

chelsea clinton posted:

The idea is that the overwhelming majority of the people who play this game make characters like that (myself included :negative:). apparently that's lost on somebody without a sense of humor, though...

Also: How do I go to the desert instead of canada? After I do the absolutely terrible (and mostly buggy) level 5-7 missions in millenium city, I only have the option to go to Canada.

EDIT: And yes, I am a "gold" player or subscription or whatever I don't know what it's called, but I am paying for the game currently.

tamriilin fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 25, 2011

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

tamriilin posted:

Also: How do I go to the desert instead of canada? After I do the absolutely terrible (and mostly buggy) level 5-7 missions in millenium city, I only have the option to go to Canada.

If you've only done the 5-7 missions in MC, you're underleveled for the Desert. The Desert Crisis is level 15 (so you'll need to be 12 to get access to it). Apparently it was a low-level option at one point, but not now.

If you're looking for level-appropriate missions for single digits, you have a couple of options:

* Crisis in Canada (which doesn't seem to excite you much), via the helicopter in front of the Super Jet.

* Go to Canada directly via the Super Jet and ignore the crisis, which you could always go back and do later (or not, they don't care).

* Go talk to Kodiak in Westside and beat up the Purple Gang for a while. He'll eventually point you to Chief Surhoff and the extended mission chain in Westside that ends with the Hi Pan showdown.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Yeah, after the tutorial you used to go to either the Desert or Canada and run through that before getting to MC. I haven't run through the new MC intro quests, but considering how much faster one of the crises was than the other (can't remember, I think Canada was the faster one?) everyone always ignored the other crisis on new characters, so only giving players one choice to start off hardly makes much of a difference I'd say.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People pretending to be female in the Contests channel are already whining about the CC.

It's a success.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

This is a bit old (from last year I think) but I feel it's somewhat relevant to the goings-on.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
Warning: There's a chance I might not actually be able to make the contest, as I just remembered I had a real-life Halloween party then. Sorry :v:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bluhman posted:

Warning: There's a chance I might not actually be able to make the contest, as I just remembered I had a real-life Halloween party then. Sorry :v:

I don't remember it being optional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
When is the CC anyways? I'm lazy and never bothered getting a costume together so I can't even be bothered to go to Halloween poo poo on campus so I doubt I'll be busy during it, but I'll probably forget to check in if I don't know when it is.