Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

it's called white elephant morons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

the last three words are me signing my post

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
called white elephant in the midwest.

I figured y'all really liked yankee candles and traded them around for some reason.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Nevergirls posted:

it's called white elephant morons.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Not worthless

quote:

The English word dog comes from Middle English dogge, from Old English docga, a "powerful dog breed".[11] The term may derive from Proto-Germanic *dukkōn, represented in Old English finger-docce ("finger-muscle").[12] The word also shows the familiar petname diminutive -ga also seen in frogga "frog", picga "pig", stagga "stag", wicga "beetle, worm", among others.[13] Due to the archaic structure of the word, the term dog may ultimately derive from the earliest layer of Proto-Indo-European vocabulary, reflecting the role of the dog as the earliest domesticated animal.[14]

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Hammerite posted:

Not worthless

counterpoint

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_dogs#Dogs_in_animation_and_puppetry

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
after you call it white elephant do you then gently caress your sister and drive 400 miles to the nearest movie theater

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
um I live in NYC and have never heard yankee swap and always heard white elephant

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cuddly Coach posted:

moooooooooooods

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

graph posted:

moooooooooooods

nobody would've known it was you if you hadn't said anything :rolleyes:

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

a beard would actually save that face but he cant grow one probs

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kirk posted:

a board would actually save that face

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

p lovely baron von raschke halloween costume

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

graph posted:

moooooooooooods

trap sprang

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

killhamster posted:

trap sprang

its u

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Everybody_Draw_Mohammed_Day_-_This_is_prophet_Mohammed_by_hegtor.jpg

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Everybody_Draw_Mohammed_Day.jpg

we hearby deem

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

this image is a crucial part of sum total of humanity's knowledge

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007
wikipedia is like aspergers' gift to the world

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Pakled posted:

this image is a crucial part of sum total of humanity's knowledge

Millenia from now my progeny will talk about this very day when i argued on wikipedia to keep the small jpg of mohammed crudely drawn as a warhammer online

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
not worthless, awesome: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorine_trifluoride

poo poo will burn through anything
(hypergolic means ignites on contact)

quote:

The ability to surpass the oxidizing ability of oxygen leads to corrosivity against oxide-containing materials often thought as incombustible. In an industrial accident, a spill of 900 kg of chlorine trifluoride burned itself through 30 cm of concrete and 90 cm of gravel beneath.
[...]
It ignites glass on prolonged contact.
[...]
Chlorine trifluoride has been investigated as a high-performance storable oxidizer in rocket propellant systems. Handling concerns, however, prevented its use. John D. Clark summarized the difficulties:

It is, of course, extremely toxic, but that's the least of the problem. It is hypergolic with every known fuel, and so rapidly hypergolic that no ignition delay has ever been measured. It is also hypergolic with such things as cloth, wood, and test engineers, not to mention asbestos, sand, and water — with which it reacts explosively. It can be kept in some of the ordinary structural metals — steel, copper, aluminium, etc. — because of the formation of a thin film of insoluble metal fluoride which protects the bulk of the metal, just as the invisible coat of oxide on aluminium keeps it from burning up in the atmosphere. If, however, this coat is melted or scrubbed off, and has no chance to reform, the operator is confronted with the problem of coping with a metal-fluorine fire. For dealing with this situation, I have always recommended a good pair of running shoes.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

fluoride is a legitimately terrifying element.

99 w00tballons
May 1, 2008

duTrieux posted:

fluoride is a legitimately terrifying element.

HF spills are the best

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

that whole list is completely worthless, it doesn't have that dog from resident evil 4

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
doesn't have basil brush's friend, whatever his name was and now i won't ever know because it's not on that list. useless

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

A Headcrab posted:

HF spills are the best

I love the 'semiconductor industry' section in the ClF3 article, all these noxious gases get used to process silicon

if the fab here has an HF spill they recommend you only exit out of one of the two entrances cause if you go out the other door, wind patterns cause HF to settle there and melt your face off

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

HF soaks through skin and eats the calcium from your bones while simultaneously interfering with the pain response. treatment involves injecting calcium chloride directly into your loving arteries.

99 w00tballons
May 1, 2008

duTrieux posted:

HF soaks through skin and eats the calcium from your bones while simultaneously interfering with the pain response. treatment involves injecting calcium chloride directly into your loving arteries.

nevermind the fact that if it's dilute, you won't even see any rash until after it's too late to avoid permanent damage.

99 w00tballons
May 1, 2008
and they sell it to normal people to use as tire cleaner

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

A Headcrab posted:

HF spills are the best

Walter White and Jesse Pinkman would have died in the second episode

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

im the fat dork on the far right

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

Sniep posted:

believable tbh

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

axolotl farmer posted:

Walter White and Jesse Pinkman would have died in the second episode

yeah that bugged me

also jesus christ, hf as tire cleaner?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

gotta get those tires squeaky clean.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
walt and jesse should have died ten times over throughout the show and that's not even counting all the times someone sets out to murder them

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

Sniep posted:

im the transitions on the left

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

Parahexavoctal posted:

Actually, by clicking the little upward/downward icons in the top cell of each column, you can re-sort the whole table by that column (ascending or descending).

thanks for the tip next time i need a list of australian cities by number of professional sporting franchises ill know what todo.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

unixbeard posted:

im the transitions on the left

is that jonny 290?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

haveblue posted:

walt and jesse should have died ten times over throughout the show and that's not even counting all the times someone sets out to murder them

breaking bad is a good show but it's suffering from 24 syndrome for this reason