Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6d-gwNU-Ac

THIS loving TRACK. They kept it real holy poo poo. Memories.

Gaza fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 2, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChompOnThis
Aug 20, 2004
Anyone have any recommendations for grindcore bands similar to: Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Pig Destroyer or Brutal Truth. Also, I'm looking for recommendations for any bands like Trash Talk.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza is pretty grindy

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
weapon finesse: my dong
Going through Spotify's "Related Artists" feature has led me to hear a bunch of bands that I haven't thought of in years. It's like it's 2003 and I'm a dumb college kid again!

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

ChompOnThis posted:

Also, I'm looking for recommendations for any bands like Trash Talk.

Maybe Trap Them?

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

bleedbackwards posted:

Going through Spotify's "Related Artists" feature has led me to hear a bunch of bands that I haven't thought of in years. It's like it's 2003 and I'm a dumb college kid again!

Spitalfield and The Bled rule, although one is not like the other, haha.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008

Eight Is Legend posted:

Spitalfield and The Bled rule, although one is not like the other, haha.

Yeah, I think I got to Spitalfield through Moneen or something.

Hearing this stuff along with the cooler weather made me nostalgic for some early 2000s metalcore, especially Skycamefalling and Hopesfall. I'd like to pretend that I haven't heard this stuff in awhile but I still scream along to WHY DO YOUR EYES PARALYZE ME when I'm in the car and it comes on.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ4wmsQEPP4 I just found The Amity Afflicition, what do you goons think of them?

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
Heard of the Amity Affliction before but never took the time to listen, really liked that song. Will have to get hold of more of their stuff. Thanks!

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Sounds pretty terrible.. just like the album art

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

:negative:

this thread....

I know it's a recurring trend for me but I usually hear something and hate it or feel pretty indifferent about it at first and then I start to dig it when I revisit it later.

I'm digging the new Molotov Solution, even though I still chuckle when I hear the Emmure ripoff beats, it's still pretty heavy and groovy.

The new Suffokate, on the other hand, still isn't doing it for me.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
Yea man the emmure parts are only in like one song anyway. :negative:

here's something else you won't like :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n234zlAuws

that's for the guy who wanted Pig Destroyer recommendations, although I guess this band sounds more like Converge or Cursed. Also you should listen to Cursed.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I saw APMD open for Trap Them.. I was digging it but the vocals don't do it for me.

Trap Them on the other hand are ridiculously good.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
I like them better than Trap Them :negative:

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
Going through old all shall perish is making me want to break everything in my house. The price of existence is such a sick album. I loving wish I could keep this thread alive with new poo poo but I'm just not in the scene anymore. Haven't been to a somethingcore show in ages. I haven't thrown up x's (haha) in so long. It was good and I still listen to this poo poo all the time but its always going to be the dead walk or the price of existence or despised icon and I can't continue to be fed copied poo poo from 15 year old kids. Not making GBS threads on new bands but If you are going to make music I want to listen to don't throw up an album I already have been listening to for years. But what was I saying? oh yeah...THE PROMISES YOU FORGOT WE HAD...

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

krustster, have you heard Trap Them's newest album? So good :negative:

Gaza, I was just having a conversation with friends last night about the "old scene" and how poo poo will just never be as good as it was. I was stoked as hell to see Misery Signals a few weeks ago and they delivered but it just wasn't the same feeling.

I'm too old and :negative: now

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I am also old and don't give a poo poo about all of these new generic chugcore bands

Acacia Strain rules

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

I am old and will listen to whatever

I like the new Trap Them tape but somehow it didn't grab me as much as Seizures in Barren Praise or whatever that one was called :negative:

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
I realized that I don't really like deathcore and that all the heavy bands I listen to are more experimental and adventurous rather than frat-boy-who-uses-hand-soap-for-shampoo breakdown music.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

This is what I have been listening to almost nonstop for the past few weeks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT_4IMqAn1s

It's got some screaming but mostly singing and overall very melodic and mellow. No breakdowns... just epicness. I wish I could find other bands similar.

e: :negative:

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

the Bunt posted:

I realized that I don't really like deathcore and that all the heavy bands I listen to are more experimental and adventurous rather than frat-boy-who-uses-hand-soap-for-shampoo breakdown music.

Look at how unique you are!

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

Gaza posted:

Look at how unique you are!

Thanks! :)

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008

ShoogaSlim posted:

I saw APMD open for Trap Them.. I was digging it but the vocals don't do it for me.

Trap Them on the other hand are ridiculously good.

Don't like the vocals?! That's Matt Baker of the legendary Hope Conspiracy.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

ChompOnThis posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for grindcore bands similar to: Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Pig Destroyer or Brutal Truth. Also, I'm looking for recommendations for any bands like Trash Talk.

Insect Warfare.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
Looks like Graves of Valor is breaking up. Unfortunate because they played legitimate hardcore-influenced death metal, not just pig squeals on top of breakdowns.

Moodz
May 11, 2007
the gym is neutral territory

ChompOnThis posted:

Agothacles is probably one of my favorites of that genre. You might also enjoy Despise You and Hatred Surge. As for bands like Trash Talk, have you heard Ceremony? You might also like VEINS and Sabertooth Zombie as well.

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Wormrot's Newest Release: Noise. Still Brutal. Still Free for Download.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
This is a pretty funny article.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

That article is pretty awesome because as soon as I heard that Suicide Silence song with Jon Davis months ago I said, "Hey, look at that. Numetal's back"

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

"I'll just get a glass of orange juice." "no no no NO NO!!!"

ChompOnThis posted:

Check out Relevant Few, a fairly unknown sociopolitical grind band from Sweden that put out two bitchin' albums and a couple splits before the lead singer killed himself. Not a morbid as Pig Destroyer's lyrics or as fast as Scott Hull's drum machine, but Jesus, did they kick some rear end.

Edit: As far as more popular grind bands go, Afgrund, Tacheless, Blockheads, Gridlink, Mumakil and Sayyadina are all worth a listen and have albums you can actually find.

DaveSpillings fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 25, 2011

elTeddy
Jun 19, 2004
Where boys fear to tread
I just bought a digipak copy of The Haunted's rEVOLVEr signed by all the members on the front for $3 new zealand dollars. oh how the mighty have fallen.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008

Eight Is Legend posted:

This is a pretty funny article.

Well that had the opposite effect that it should have. I had never given Emmure a chance after one of their older albums (Goodbye to the Gallows I think), but that song was pretty catchy. I will freely admit that I was wearing JNCOs and listening to Limp Bizkit ten years ago and this nu-deathcore stuff is welcome to fill a few spots in my workout playlist alongside All Out War, Dying Fetus and Integrity.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Listening to Structures new album "Divided By"; about halfway through right now.

It's got a really weird vibe to it, it honestly feels like something ripped straight out of 2006...hard to explain. It's got a real lack of all the "gimmicks" that a lot of modern bands employ (keyboards, sparse/no breakdowns, no auto-tune) it's pretty much just straight up metalcore.

It's ok, if a little uninspired. These dudes can play their instruments but so far nothing has really captured me.

EDIT- The new Counterparts album is much better than the Structures album. It has a Misery Signals "Controller" vibe to it, and I loving loved that album so this is a-ok in my book :)

chocolateTHUNDER fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Oct 26, 2011

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Actually i'd like to take a moment to correct you, the Structures tape is absolutely loving fantastic. It's so drat good I can't even handle it. It reminds me of a less spastic Ion Dissonance but with their own unique spin. There is some really weird poo poo in there too, like regular singing that comes out of nowhere and sounds completely out of place but yet works at the same time. The first track is the heaviest/best thing ever. "Face the loving avalanche!"

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

krustster posted:

Actually i'd like to take a moment to correct you, the Structures tape is absolutely loving fantastic. It's so drat good I can't even handle it. It reminds me of a less spastic Ion Dissonance but with their own unique spin. There is some really weird poo poo in there too, like regular singing that comes out of nowhere and sounds completely out of place but yet works at the same time. The first track is the heaviest/best thing ever. "Face the loving avalanche!"

I'll have to listen to it again tomorrow. My first impression was that it was OK, but nothing special. I actually do kinda like the "Ripped out of 2006" vibe I said before; that wasn't a dig at the album.

The singing honestly reminds me of early Unearth. A little jarring and out of place but it still works pretty good most of the time.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Okay, I'm looking for some metalcore that features more "bouncing" riffs instead of chugga-chugga - I think this riff by Dead and Divine explains what I want (kicks in at 0:33):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgFdyGXmbAg

I'm just kind of sick of most of these new bands that just try to be as heavy as possible instead of using some dynamics - if I want heavy, I'll just listen to Wormwood by The Acacia Strain.

Eight Is Legend fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Oct 26, 2011

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Eight Is Legend posted:

I'm just kind of sick of most of these new bands that just try to be as heavy as possible instead of using some dynamics - if I want heavy, I'll just listen to Wormwood by The Acacia Strain.

I can appreciate this sentiment, but i never understood why people say "if I wanted x, I'd listen to [band]!" Can't you listen to more than one?

this song is pretty good. "I love you so much, I'm contemplating removing your head!" You should try the newest Memphis May Fire tape. The chorus in your song reminds me pretty strongly of them. Also thanks, I am gonna have to check this band out.

edit: also check out the new tape from Of Mice and Men.

krustster fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Oct 26, 2011

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

so this band Journal is pretty loving insane

http://youtu.be/Srk8VipvagU

I dunno if I'd call it anything-core but hopefully someone enjoys it! also spot the Bowser's Castle theme thrown in there.

ChompOnThis
Aug 20, 2004
Thanks for all of the awesome, face-melting recommendations so far. Insect Warfare, Trap Them and Hate Surge have repeating through my playlist the last couple of days.

DaveSpillings posted:

Check out Relevant Few, a fairly unknown sociopolitical grind band from Sweden that put out two bitchin' albums and a couple splits before the lead singer killed himself. Not a morbid as Pig Destroyer's lyrics or as fast as Scott Hull's drum machine, but Jesus, did they kick some rear end.

Edit: As far as more popular grind bands go, Afgrund, Tacheless, Blockheads, Gridlink, Mumakil and Sayyadina are all worth a listen and have albums you can actually find.

gently caress man, Relevant Few, Blockheads and Sayyadina were just what I was looking for. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

krustster posted:

I can appreciate this sentiment, but i never understood why people say "if I wanted x, I'd listen to [band]!" Can't you listen to more than one?

this song is pretty good. "I love you so much, I'm contemplating removing your head!" You should try the newest Memphis May Fire tape. The chorus in your song reminds me pretty strongly of them. Also thanks, I am gonna have to check this band out.

edit: also check out the new tape from Of Mice and Men.

Hah, yeah, I get what you're saying - what I meant is stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69I_rNX3ZdQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQWW6JdPjoc

I get that on the surface the chugging riffs could kinda sound like The Acacia Strain (and trust me, I like other heavy bands besides them), but yeah, I'm looking for something with some more dynamic and bouncing riffs, kinda like what Maylene and the Sons of Disaster did with their first album.

As for your recommendations: I love Memphis May Fire's first full-length, but man, their newest album is exactly the sort of metalcore I'm sick of. Also not a big fan of Of Mice and Men's vocalist.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm glad you dig Dead and Divine :) been listening to The Machines We Are and Antimacy a lot lately, and they both rule.

Eight Is Legend fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 27, 2011