Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
bought a Ticket to go home for a week, Interviewed data management job at a start up company, got the job and then quit my current crappy security job. Best Day in quite a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angora
Feb 16, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Lycopene posted:

Went to Zappos.com to order some Onitsuka Tiger shoes, and I was still debating on getting just because I still have 3 pairs I can still wear. But then I got to the checkout screen and had totally forgotten that I had a $64 credit. The shoes cost $1 and I got free 1 day shipping!

You are going to love those shoes too. I'm on my second pair after my last pair served me so well for over two years.

Chroisman
Mar 27, 2010
Mine is more a series of three days.

Friday: I was at the bus stop waiting for my bus, and a nice old lady came who couldn't read the small print of the timetable and asked me when her bus was coming. It was coming in 40 minutes, which was quite a wait in the cold(ish) weather. Since I don't live that far away from the bus stop and my afternoon was relatively free, I stayed at the bus stop to keep her company and chat with her even though loads of buses I could have taken passed by during that time. We had a lovely chat about my uni life and aspirations, and her friends and her medical conditions and how she handles them. I really hope I made her day, but I reckon I had a really good time too. I've never had such a nice lengthy chat with any strangers before.

Saturday: Work in the morning, which went well. Then in the early afternoon I was going out to meet some friends in the CBD to hang out and go for dinner later. Right after the bus left the bus stop, a pretty bad car accident happened right in front of the bus. I got off the bus and basically took control of the scene until the ambulance and police arrived. I've been a St. John Ambulance volunteer for about a year, but this is the biggest thing I've ever done. Think of it this way - I basically made the jump from giving people bandaids and telling them to put them on themselves, to handling a serious car accident. Dinner that night was great too.

Sunday: I had a St. John duty today, and the people doing the duty with me are good friends so we had a great time, especially since we only had to treat a couple of kids who grazed their knees, and spent the rest of the day playing around and having a great time. Also, before Saturday, I was well aware that I was usually not self-confident to the point where I would kind of drift into the background of a crowd because I was afraid to make myself known, or I wasn't confident in my abilities. After handling the car accident yesterday, I've been really proud and confident of myself and it feels amazing.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Technically today since this was at 2 AM. Turns out someone on my dorms hall was dealing, and EVERYONE had to be kicked out for the night. Luckily, my lovely girlfriend let me sleep in her bed :3: It was pretty fantastic.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
I finally figured out what game I want to LP for the Let's Play subforum. I've wanted to play a game, but I didn't want to just play any ol' game because that defeats the purpose of it, but while digging through my Playstation 2 collection I found an old favorite so I've dusted the console off and got a capture card thingerbobber coming in from Amazon. Can't wait to get started on this :3:

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

Kerfuffle posted:

I followed your posts in the retail thread, congratulations. :)

Thanks! Didn't know anyone from that thread even gave a poo poo about me anymore. I kinda took it over with my whiny bullshit, but I needed an outlet and had a captive audience for a while.. :blush:

But hey, my day was awesome because after my first day, I can honestly say for the first time in my life that I LOVE MY JOB! :dance:

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

I finally figured out what game I want to LP for the Let's Play subforum. I've wanted to play a game, but I didn't want to just play any ol' game because that defeats the purpose of it, but while digging through my Playstation 2 collection I found an old favorite so I've dusted the console off and got a capture card thingerbobber coming in from Amazon. Can't wait to get started on this :3:

I'll be watching it.

EDIT:
Today was awesome because, even though I slept in and missed one of my classes, my girlfriend showed up and walked with me to class. She sure knows how to make my day better :allears:

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green
Despite being so incredibly nervous about the Midterm for my Political Science course, I only got three questions wrong. :staredog:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

What game? I'd like to LP some of my PS2 games since I just got them in the past year, but I don't have the PS2 anymore(and I wouldn't be interesting enough probably :p). I think SMT:DS2, Dark Cloud or Rogue Galaxy might be fun to do if I get access to a PS2 again though.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
It is a gorgeous crisp autumn day and I don't have to work, perfect for doing a quick 40 kms on my new-to-me bike.

It is only 1 pm and I have the whole day ahead of me.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Today is beautiful. I love fall.

My life has been rather, uh, interesting over the past few weeks for various reasons and today looked like it was going to suck. Hard. Instead my friend bought me a coffee and gave me a big hug. The things that were going to make my day bad are still there but a random nice gesture from my friend makes up for it.

gallilee
Jul 24, 2001

Imagine when you're about to get your dick sucked by the alien from aliens and she's like "ahaha guess i gotta bring out my little mouth for this one"
I quit my job after 11 years!!
And my current and past bosses were actually genuinely understanding and happy for me. I love my job, but it's time to try something new!

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Tell me, Aldo, if I were sitting where you're sitting, would you show me mercy?
Batman!!!!!!!

Yeah, pretty much makes my day.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I DIDN'T have a seizure! I just passed out like a wimp from having my blood drawn, and my OBGYN thought I was seizing. But the hospital says it was just regular ol' passed-out-person twitching, and not seizing at all. And thanks to Obamacare, my parents' insurance will pay for the CAT scan! Whoop whoop. (Yeah this day actually mostly sucked, but happy ending, so whatever.)

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
Last week my buddy mentioned that Dungeon Defenders was about to launch. I casually said "You can gift me a copy", to which he replied "Only if you will drop everything and play it whenever I want." I said "Yeah, absolutely." I forgot about it until a couple hours ago I got an email from Steam saying that he had gifted me a copy, and the note simply said "WHENEVER I WANT". :D

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Rankin-Bass. The Hobbit. Anyone who has seen it, knows why this made my day. :swoon:

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

I had my friend round because I'd not seen him since I moved and I introduced him to my two housemates. One is an Asian-Canadian girl who speaks absolutely perfect English (because she was brought up in loving Canada) but for whatever reason he started putting on his 'foreigner' voice, imagine Basil Fawlty speaking to the Germans. Holy poo poo. It was so loving funny because she's just looking at him like 'what'. I know it's probably hideously racist/ignorant but I just love watching the reactions he gets cos he genuinely doesn't realise. He doesn't do it to be patronising, it's just like he hears someone with a non-British accent and immediately dumbs himself down.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

happyflurple posted:

I had my friend round because I'd not seen him since I moved and I introduced him to my two housemates. One is an Asian-Canadian girl who speaks absolutely perfect English (because she was brought up in loving Canada) but for whatever reason he started putting on his 'foreigner' voice, imagine Basil Fawlty speaking to the Germans. Holy poo poo. It was so loving funny because she's just looking at him like 'what'. I know it's probably hideously racist/ignorant but I just love watching the reactions he gets cos he genuinely doesn't realise. He doesn't do it to be patronising, it's just like he hears someone with a non-British accent and immediately dumbs himself down.

The Germans is possibly the best episode of television ever made.

My day was awesome because I got an email from a firm in Boston that I really want to work for saying they'd probably have an opening mid-December. I really hope in mid-December I can come back to this thread and report more good news.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green
Payday! Also the last day I have to work.
Now it's just time to focus on school, school, school, and school.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Last night a deer jumped out of a cornfield onto my car, but since I was able to brake quickly it only smashed a headlight. It ran away apparently uninjured, I was completely fine, and the headlight was the one I was planning on replacing anyways since the plastic cover was fogged up. :toot: Mad skills yo.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
I have discovered Recettear.

now to crosspost into the 'why my life is ruined and I never do anything productive" thread

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."
Its my birthday today and my coworker baked me cupcakes. :D

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I thought today was gonna suck because I couldn't get to sleep. Instead, I decided to go watch a sunrise over the lake. I need to do that more.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Rankin-Bass. The Hobbit. Anyone who has seen it, knows why this made my day. :swoon:

I know exactly what you mean, and this has made my afternoon.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Free lunch for the office courtesy of my boss.

Going out for dinner then to see a movie with some friends tonight.

Making all my life decisions with a magic-8 ball today, so far it's gone well!

Seriously, I just woke up in an awesome mood and the day has been a lot of fun.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

I have discovered Recettear.

now to crosspost into the 'why my life is ruined and I never do anything productive" thread

Aww yeah, Recettear is an awesome game.

on why today is awesome: Got numbers from a cute park ranger, son. Ran a faster 5k than normal for my slowness, didn't die. Discovered how fun box jump overs are. Really liking how my mind is changing with this whole fitness thing. All I do now is work out, read, surf SA, and go out with friends, and my god. I'm happy Genuinely content with life, happy to wake up in the morning. Such a difference.

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Deceive, inveigle, obfuscate.
My day is awesome so far because I managed to resurrect my dead c: drive just enough to get the important things off it - 'My Documents', Thunderbird and Firefox profiles.

I stupidly hadn't set up my Windows Home Server to backup this and my other machines, but you can get your arse I've done that now. I'm building an entirely new computer next week (first one in five years, yay), but I'm really glad to have saved my data.

Remember kids, BACKUP YOUR poo poo!

Oh, and my wife is away at a baptism this weekend, so I've vacuumed out the car, weeded the garden and am about to get some housework done. Not that I'm particularly excited about doing chores, but it's nice to be so productive.

Plus I have a Glenlivet 15, Talisker 10, Johnnie Walker Black and two litres of Wild Turkey waiting for later. Gotta love duty free.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

I just finished a week and half of straight work, and am completely exhausted, but one of my regulars bought me a notebook, because the other day I told him I had just graduated journalism, it's pretty wicked.

It's been a pretty lovely week, but I feel a lot better now!

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'
Hasn't started yet, but no work and a bro-tastic schedule of lunch and Kino with one bro then to the bar with some other boy-bros and girl-bros.

Plus pretty much all my loose ends have been tied off so i'm not anxious for the first time in forever

Shylock
Feb 10, 2011

IMPETUOUS BOY!
Because my car insurance will probably pay itself off by repairing some chick's car even though it was maybe, probably, certainly my fault.

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

I got a much higher than usual response rate from the kids that I ask for high-fives when they come through my checkout. I also got one from an awesome dude who thought it was a fantastic idea. Pity he was way out of my league.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
My day was awesome because I went and saw John Oliver live, and it was drat near the funniest experience of my life. My jaw hasn't hurt this much since ever.

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.
Ran my first official 10k race this morning, can't wait to run the next one.
Ducks beat the tar out of Colorado and Oklahoma lost.
Saw Drive and was completely surprised and completely blown away. Great film.

Great day!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

The Jumpoff posted:

My day was awesome because I went and saw John Oliver live, and it was drat near the funniest experience of my life. My jaw hasn't hurt this much since ever.

He really is fantastic, I want to see him again so badly. I wonder if he'll remember me as the guy who accidentally blinded him with their shirt.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Was turning left on an intersection near my house when something showed up in my peripheral vision. Turned to look and a little sedan was flying through a red light just in front of me. If I hadn't caught it my car and I would have been smashed to bits. :hellyeah:

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I got my new phone. It's my first ever smartphone and I've been having lots of fun with it. Okay, perhaps the people I've been texting haven't had such an awesome day but I warned them. The ability to link poo poo in text messages was one I should not possess.

It's a gorgeous fall day. I love fall, it is my favorite time of year.

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
After an October with mostly 70- and 80-degree temperatures, it finally snowed! The area where I live got hammered and they didn't open our roads until now, so I had to call in to work. My husband's spine is leaking so he gets to work from home.

We've been hanging out, drinking hot chocolate, and enjoying horror movies on our new Blu-Ray surround sound system. I love soup weather, too. I've made the first soup of the season, which I always love making because soup used to be my specialty when I was a cook. It smells fantastic and it's almost ready.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

AltoidsAddict posted:

We've been hanging out, drinking hot chocolate, and enjoying horror movies on our new Blu-Ray surround sound system. I love soup weather, too. I've made the first soup of the season, which I always love making because soup used to be my specialty when I was a cook. It smells fantastic and it's almost ready.

I made Potato/leek/celery soup today. French style with onions, thyme and a touch of white wine vinegar. Soo delicious!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
Last night I had a much needed fun night out with a coworker. Today is Friday. And I'm spending Saturday doing a Halloween pubcrawl dressed as Princess Peach. Oh and after the week from hell last week, where I was about to have a nervous breakdown from how stressed I was, I finally had a relaxing week where all my work is coming out right.

:) It's nice to be able to post here again.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Because my company just got me a 64GB iPhone 4S, and they're paying for the contract, and it's to make my personal calls with as well. Score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
I had a Poly Sci midterm earlier today. Out of 85 or so questions, I only had trouble with about 4. I am now eating some awesome pizza and I've been invited to a Halloween rave later on today (going as a drunk mormon).

Today is going to be awesome.