Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You're only saying that because he's hypnotised you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Wormophile posted:

Derren Brown is the most powerfully erotic man in this or any other realm.

God, that's spooky. I was just about to post the same thing. Dude is hot as hell. Clearly he's hypnotised us both through the tellybox somehow.

I'm not really fond of his experiment programes though. I much prefer the stage shows. Enigma, the one broadcast at Christmas last year was breathtakingly bonkers & wonderful.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Squalitude posted:

They're going to kill Wagner

Kill Dappy, they'll get medals for it.

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun

Irisi posted:

God, that's spooky. I was just about to post the same thing. Dude is hot as hell. Clearly he's hypnotised us both through the tellybox somehow.

I'm not really fond of his experiment programes though. I much prefer the stage shows. Enigma, the one broadcast at Christmas last year was breathtakingly bonkers & wonderful.

He seduced the nation's womenfolk with his piercing magic eyes and his slightly pervy beard and then he broke our hearts by being all gay for men and stuff. He is a Very Bad Wizard.

It is a dear wish of mine to see him on QI/WILTY tearing it up.

WTBCzero
Oct 20, 2008
HIGNFY wasn't as good as last week. Mostly because Louise Mensch kept saying stupid poo poo. Nice to see Hislop rip into her a bit though.

Sauce
Jul 5, 2010
Loved the marksman bit, always enjoy Derren's stuff, modern Victorian on the telly.

Sauce fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 21, 2011

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Wormophile posted:

He seduced the nation's womenfolk with his piercing magic eyes and his slightly pervy beard and then he broke our hearts by being all gay for men and stuff. He is a Very Bad Wizard.

It is a dear wish of mine to see him on QI/WILTY tearing it up.

I think I like him for his voice when he's doing his hypnotising. It's basically a Sex Voice.

And he would be good on QI, but he would be even better on Newsnight. Just imagine all the things he could make politicians do...

Oh no! The celeb is Stephen Fry! I was hoping it would be Simon Cowell!

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun

Irisi posted:

I think I like him for his voice when he's doing his hypnotising. It's basically a Sex Voice.

Ah yes, otherwise known as the Serafinowicz effect.

The Corporate
Jul 7, 2009

I guessed it would be Stephen Fry before they revealed it, and can only assume it was the product of some sort of wiley Derren Brown wizardry tricks.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Wormophile posted:

Derren Brown is the most powerfully erotic man in this or any other realm.

No he isn't. He just hypnotised you to think that he is.

edit: I really should have noticed there was another page in the thread :(

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

I know it was just tricks and acting and editing and all that, but seeing Stephen Fry get assasinated by that poor wee hypnotised boy was genuinely upsetting.

Derren Brown is a witch. A sexy, sexy witch.

But oh look, Fry is doing QI on the other channel now and he's perfectly well and he's got Professor Brian Cox and Sue Perkins with him. :allears:

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I bet Stephen Fry fancies Derren

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Hey they just used the same murder ring tone on the crappy new channel 4 comedy that they did for the Experiments. I knew staying put on channel 4 would reap its rewards!

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Paperhouse posted:

I bet Stephen Fry fancies Derren
Fry likes them younger. His boyfriend is in his twenties I think.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I wasn't going to watch this D. Brown thing until you revealed that S. Fry is assassinated in it.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I think I'm the only person in the country who finds Derren Brown deeply tedious.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I think I'm the only person in the country who finds Derren Brown deeply tedious.
Nope!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
He is the Uri Geller of the iphone generation.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

The problem with Derren Brown is the payoff is never quite good enough. Atleast not anymore. I never finish a programme going "wow, that was amazing". I like him as a TV personality well enough though.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Derren Brown seems like a genuinely nice man who just knows too much for his own good.

Edit - Christ, Louise Mensch is so bloody vile.

Daius fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Oct 22, 2011

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

he's massively more talented than uri loving gellar

I agree that his latest stuff isn't as good as when he just did actual magic though. His first few TV shows and specials were and still are absolutely incredible

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Daius posted:

A-Grade hatefuck material.

"Butbutbut look they're all drinking coffee and sleeping in tents they have no right to protest when they're enjoying the luxuries of Capitalism" argh just go and die in a hole.

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

You are a terrible person with bad opinions.

I'm not big into Derren Brown or anything but he's pretty talented whereas Uri Geller is an actual fraud. Plus anyone who exposes psychics and the like as the frauds they are is doing the world a lot of good.

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

sebzilla posted:

"Butbutbut look they're all drinking coffee and sleeping in tents they have no right to protest when they're enjoying the luxuries of Capitalism" argh just go and die in a hole.

Have a look at her wikipedia page.

Louise Mensch's wikipedia page posted:

On October 21st 2011, Mensch appeared on BBC's Have I got News For You, where, apparently under the impression that she was appearing in an edition of Question Time, she caused general outrage by suggesting that protesters who bought coffee couldn't be taken seriously. This right-wing stupidity was expertly destroyed by the rest of the panel, and Downing Street quickly issued a statement saying that Ms Mensch would not be appearing on any future programs of Have I Got News For You.[29]

Don't know how long it will stay there for. The citation leads to - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8697850/Louise-Mensch-MP-calls-for-Twitter-and-Facebook-blackout-during-riots.html

Z-Magic fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Oct 22, 2011

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Z-Magic posted:

Have a look at her wikipedia page.

Heh

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Wormophile posted:

Ah yes, otherwise known as the Serafinowicz effect.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one affected that way by Peter Serafinowicz. :allears:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Serafinowicz is no Matt Berry.

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

No he isn't.

He's better.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Daius posted:

She's a reprehensible human being and I'm starting to get the impression that her extensive television appearances are all part of a long running Tory plan to turn her into Thatcher 2.0 (for the younger generation) via the route that Boris won the London Mayoral position. I.e. by plastering her all over the popular funny stuff and occasionally saying something right wing and funny.

Luckily, she's a loving idiot and had all of her asinine views torn to shreds by people too disgusted with her to barely mask their contempt with their usual comedy. You could tell that Merton was gobsmacked by her ignorance.

Between this and Rab C. Nesbitt for the last few weeks, it's been nice to see BBC shows tear the poo poo out of Tories. Hopefully it's only a matter of time now until Spitting Image makes a comeback and the other stations get stuck in too.

John_Anon_Smith
Nov 26, 2007
:smug:

sebzilla posted:

Hatefuck material? Lovely. You should join her in her hole to die. You might find it fits you better than you think.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

John_Anon_Smith posted:

Hatefuck material? Lovely. You should join her in her hole to die. You might find it fits you better than you think.

I think (hope?) he meant "she is a hateful gently caress" rather than the alternative.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

John_Anon_Smith posted:

Haha it's not that bad? It's just saying she is physically attractive but a terrible person?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Crackerman posted:

No he isn't.

He's better.

I heartily disagree good sir.

Plus Matt Berry can sing with his voice and compose the music to it :smug:.

John_Anon_Smith
Nov 26, 2007

A5H posted:

Haha it's not that bad? It's just saying she is physically attractive but a terrible person?

josh04 posted:

I think (hope?) he meant "she is a hateful gently caress" rather than the alternative.

What does her physical attractiveness have to do with her position? What does how much he'd like to gently caress her have to do with that? Why is he the one doing the loving and where's Mensch's implied consent to this loving in the sentence? Here's the answer: it has nothing to do with anything other than, at best, to be comically edgy and at worst to be a misogynist shitheel.

"Look at all these terrible things that Mensch says that are ripe for ridicule and venom. Golly gosh, she's hatefuck material." Congratulations, you've now undermined your own point and reduced all of Mensch and her opinions to a plastic Tory gently caress doll for you to intellectually masturbate over how much less of a bad person you are than her.

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
:allears: I properly went mental at one of my flatmate's friends for saying almost exactly the same thing when we were watching it. These days I am fully committed to ruining the atmosphere in the front room if I detect any casual misogyny.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Wormophile posted:

These days I am fully committed to ruining the atmosphere in the front room if I detect any casual misogyny.

What you doing in the front room? You should be in the kitchen! Heheheheh, am I right, fellers?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

John_Anon_Smith posted:

What does her physical attractiveness have to do with her position? What does how much he'd like to gently caress her have to do with that? Why is he the one doing the loving and where's Mensch's implied consent to this loving in the sentence? Here's the answer: it has nothing to do with anything other than, at best, to be comically edgy and at worst to be a misogynist shitheel.

"Look at all these terrible things that Mensch says that are ripe for ridicule and venom. Golly gosh, she's hatefuck material." Congratulations, you've now undermined your own point and reduced all of Mensch and her opinions to a plastic Tory gently caress doll for you to intellectually masturbate over how much less of a bad person you are than her.

I meant how you might call someone a 'fuckshit' or a 'dumb fucker', but with 'hateful' - you could end up with 'hatefuck'? Typing this out feels loving dumb, though.

Of course the idea of a hate-gently caress in that sense is awful + something to be ashamed of.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Obviously everything anybody posts on the internet should be considered to be 100% literal.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
The biggest outrage is that he finds her attractive. She looks like the joker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John_Anon_Smith
Nov 26, 2007

Dicky B posted:

Obviously everything anybody posts on the internet should be considered to be 100% literal.

You're correct. I must have missed the subtle wordplay and multi-tiered irony that was buried in that sentence. I guess I just don't have the mental fortitude to truly understand the Voltaire's and Shakespeare's of this thread such as yourself.