Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
everyone got to be involved in the argument except me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
(Professor) Brian Cox, though, makes me want to continue in academia in the vain hope that I will one day have a nice platonic chat with him over a nice meal one day. :allears:

(with my English degree :()

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun

goatface posted:

Lorraine Kelly can't even read an autocue.

you shut your whore mouth

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's an annoyingly militant atheist.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

goatface posted:

He's an annoyingly militant atheist.
Stephen Fry, Brian Cox, Noel Fielding or Lorraine Kelly?

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
I know Stephen Fry is, but please not Brian Cox too.

Oh no :(

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!
Oh my God, what has this thread become? :(

John_Anon_Smith
Nov 26, 2007
:smug:

Hoops posted:

It isn't, you're reading something into the term that isn't there. It means "I find them physically attractive, but personally repulsive". "I hate them, but even so I want to gently caress them". Nothing about gender in there whatsoever. Really, there isn't.

I forgot that attraction and sexuality happened in a genderless vacuum and, that loving, especially in humans, is more like some impulsive parthenogenesis but someone's walked in by accident to witness it.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

John_Anon_Smith posted:

loving, especially in humans, is more like some impulsive parthenogenesis
sounds like an awesome friday night!

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

John_Anon_Smith posted:

I forgot that attraction and sexuality happened in a genderless vacuum and, that loving, especially in humans, is more like some impulsive parthenogenesis but someone's walked in by accident to witness it.
You're crazy. We do have to drop this in the thread now. If you have plat I'll PM you telling you what's wrong with this.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
What in god's name happened in this thread :stare:

Hey non-Apprentice-thread-regulars, Young Apprentice starts again on Monday and we have a thread for it! Come and chat about these horrid teenagers.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

eating only apples posted:

Hey non-Apprentice-thread-regulars, Young Apprentice starts again on Monday and we have a thread for it! Come and chat about these horrid teenagers.

A friend of mine is living with someone who was on it last year. He's always referred to as "That guy from Junior Apprentice". I think it's adequate punishment for appearing on that show.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Wormophile posted:

LOOK a picture of Lorraine Kelly! Ahhhh how soothing. Everyone post your favourite pictures of Lorraine Kelly!

Can I post a rather sexy picture of Fern Britton, naked but with her bits covered?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I must have missed what Brian Cos did that makes him an 'annoyingly militant' atheist. Is it just because he sometimes talks about his views publicly and sometimes makes fun of some of the more ridiculously ignorant religious people?

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Taff posted:

Can I post a rather sexy picture of Fern Britton, naked but with her bits covered?

Every single time I hear the name Fern Britton, my mind goes right to Fern Cotton before I realise that's the wrong way round, and vice versa.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I always think of Adam Buxton's joke about replacing them both with an actual fern, in a nice pot there.

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun

Taff posted:

As long as her fanny is covered with like a cheeky iced bun or something equally twee.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

eating only apples posted:

I said a thing and it got a bit out of hand, apparently.

I think it's quite funny that everyone jumped on "hatefuck" and pretty much ignored that in the same post I asked her to die in a hole. Is finding someone physically attractive(ish) yet morally repugnant more offensive than wishing death on them? Apparently so.

Uh... so how 'bout that UK TV?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

There's nothing wrong with wishing death on a Tory MP, don't be silly.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Speaking of silly, anyone else amused at the fluff Charlie Brooker apparently stumbled into in his column?

You'd think people who believed in the Tories would have thicker skin. I expect our current Prime Minister has been accused of much worse things than being a horrifying lizard.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

sebzilla posted:

I said a thing and it got a bit out of hand, apparently.

I think it's quite funny that everyone jumped on "hatefuck" and pretty much ignored that in the same post I asked her to die in a hole. Is finding someone physically attractive(ish) yet morally repugnant more offensive than wishing death on them? Apparently so.

Uh... so how 'bout that UK TV?

If UK TV wasn't generally shite then this kind of bollocks wouldn't be talked about as much. If anyone needs strung up it's Simon Cowell for turning an already borderline general audience into full blown drooling simpletons.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

I would hatefuck Lorraine Kelly.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Dicky B posted:

I would hatefuck Lorraine Kelly.

edgy!!

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

It's ok some of my best friends are Lorraine Kelly.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hahaha what the gently caress happened itt.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
i would hate her, and i would gently caress her, but never at the same time

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Lorraine Kelly looks, sounds and acts exactly like my flatmate's girlfriend, plus 25 years. It's pretty uncanny. He actually finds it quite unnerving to watch her because if they stay together that's his wife in the future.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

How dare you find someone physically attractive that is extremely sexist and misogynistic.

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
nooooo stop it you're all being so wrong and I like this thread :qq:

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Wormophile posted:

nooooo stop it you're all being so wrong and I like this thread :qq:

Just close your eyes and think of people who nobody can hate. I'll give you one to start with:

Ahh, look at David Attenborough everybody. Isn't he lovely? No more conflict, now it's time to admire David and his adorable wee froggie and then think sober and sensible thoughts about endangered species and our impact on their habitats.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I would hatefuck Attenborough

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Myra Hindley

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Irisi posted:

Just close your eyes and think of people who nobody can hate. I'll give you one to start with:

Ahh, look at David Attenborough everybody. Isn't he lovely? No more conflict, now it's time to admire David and his adorable wee froggie and then think sober and sensible thoughts about endangered species and our impact on their habitats.

On an Attenborough note, has everyone been watching the Life reruns? I missed them and have found them all very enlightening and soothing in that classic Attenborough way. God bless the BBC iPlayer.

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
Life is a loving cinematic masterpiece. I would pay good money to be able to see that on a big screen.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Hoops posted:

Myra Hindley

Thanks for the reminder of one of Chris Morris' many brilliant sketches.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Wormophile posted:

Life is a loving cinematic masterpiece. I would pay good money to be able to see that on a big screen.

Buy a massive telly, the Blu Ray looks incredible.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
In many ways Karl Pilkington is the new David Attenborough.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

In many ways Karl Pilkington is the new David Attenborough.

David Attenborough for the yoof innit!

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Wormophile posted:

As long as her fanny is covered with like a cheeky iced bun or something equally twee.

Its here - http://i.imgur.com/rARly.jpg

Im sure I once saw a picture of Ainsley Harriot with a massive set of grapes covering his bits but I cant find that.

Also I watched "Life of Brian" last night because of this thread, and I wasnt that impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Taff posted:

Also I watched "Life of Brian" last night because of this thread, and I wasnt that impressed.

I like it, but I think you really have to take into account what it did at the time. And as with all Python things, you need to disregard the fact you've heard most of it quoted at you at some point.