Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Endorph posted:

If Lancer's theme song was a gun, what gun would it be? I think it'd be one that shoots bullets at people until they die.

But people only die if they're killed. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation
Obviously the gun would shoot bullets at people until they were killed, at which point they would die. Unless they're people who wouldn't die even when killed, then you have a problem on your hands.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I thought that the bullet was supposed to kill you first, then shoot you? Causuality or whatever it was.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

ChronoReverse posted:

Taking the cap off in a dark room would damage night vision devices built before 2005? I know they'll be damaged if you try to use them in daylight but I somehow doubt they'd break if merely uncovered in an environment they're meant to operate in.

How do you know that the gun is not magically enhanced or the scope wasn't custom built with the aid of magic? After all mean Saber's motorcycle have some magic enhancements on it

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation
Speculating about magically enhanced light resistant nightvision scopes is even sillier than Nasuverse powerlevel discussion, just saying.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

BlitzBlast posted:

All I know is that Lancer has the coolest music ever.

Warning: Highest rated comment is a massive spoiler.

It's kind of a shame that ZIZZ Studio wasn't hired to do the theme song for this anime. They make some pretty great soundtracks. Demonbane and Saya no Uta in particular have outstanding soundtracks.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Randomzx posted:

How do you know that the gun is not magically enhanced or the scope wasn't custom built with the aid of magic? After all mean Saber's motorcycle have some magic enhancements on it

Might wanna label that spoiler there as being from the later books. It's a small thing, but still a spoiler.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Besides, the spoiler in question didn't have any prior magical enhancement, it just got supercharged due to Saber's Riding skill.

Yes, that skill actually does something. It's even mentioned as a little joke in F/HA, when Rider confronts Shirou about how the bike he uses to carry groceries doesn't stand up well to speeds over 40 mph.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

BlitzBlast posted:

Yes, [Riding] actually does something. It's even mentioned as a little joke in F/HA, when Rider confronts Shirou about how the bike he uses to carry groceries doesn't stand up well to speeds over 40 mph.

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome
Interview with Urobuchi on ANN. Possible FS/N spoilers.

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

OFFICIAL SA THREAD RUINER
SPRING 2013
F/Z is only going to be fourteen episodes? That's kind of disappointing.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Safe and Secure! posted:

F/Z is only going to be fourteen episodes? That's kind of disappointing.

I'd heard that it was going to be broken up across two seasons with a gap in the middle (geass/gundam 00 style), so maybe it's a mistranslation and he's just referring to the first set?

Although I guess it might not be entirely impossible to manage it in 14 eps. They can probably manage to finish off the first novel in episode 4, which would mean another 3-4 eps each for the next three volumes, putting them at around 16ish.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Wiki has it listed at 25 for what it's worth. :shobon:

blkmage
May 15, 2009
Yes, the second half will be airing in April.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The bluray boxset release for the first season has been announced.

It will be released on March 7th for 39,800 yen (about 522 dollars) and contain the following:

-The first half of the show (13 episodes)
-additional scenes that had to be cut
-Booklet
-Artbox (like the KnK one)
-Soundtrack

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
522 loving dollars? :stare: This is ridiculous.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

What the gently caress? Half a grand for 13 episodes of a TV show?

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
These Bluray prices are some serious bullshit. Pretty much show up for some :a2m:.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

serebralassazin posted:

These Bluray prices are some serious bullshit. Pretty much show up for some :a2m:.

That'd be the Japanese edition, right? Japanese DVD/Blu-Ray prices are utterly retarded in their prices since the studios price to the rabid fans who will absolutely buy it no matter how expensive it is rather than trying to get a wider audience. Presumably the US edition will be somewhat better, unless someone like Aniplex gets a hold on it and gives it Japanese prices.

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.

blkmage posted:

Yes, the second half will be airing in April.

Nothing but blueballs

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Bakanogami posted:

That'd be the Japanese edition, right? Japanese DVD/Blu-Ray prices are utterly retarded in their prices since the studios price to the rabid fans who will absolutely buy it no matter how expensive it is rather than trying to get a wider audience. Presumably the US edition will be somewhat better, unless someone like Aniplex gets a hold on it and gives it Japanese prices.

You mean the Aniplex that is currently responsible for streaming and advertising the show and will almost certainly end up with the license for American distribution?

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011
I might be remembering wrong but, at a glance, that looks a bit cheap for a Japanese Blu-Ray price. Not that I'm saying it isn't completely retarded, but, it's to be expected really.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

jonjonaug posted:

You mean the Aniplex that is currently responsible for streaming and advertising the show and will almost certainly end up with the license for American distribution?

Aniplex probably won't be the American distributer. Probably FUNImation and then it'll be about 60 bucks.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Yeah, if precedent is to be believed it'll be Funimation, since they own the license to Fate/stay night TV (and presumably UBW if that ever comes over) over here.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Isn't it possible that 14 is just a typo on ANN's part?

blkmage
May 15, 2009
I suspect that half the reason they're going with the BD boxes instead of volumes is because they're going to try doing the Kara no Kyoukai thing internationally again, what with the huge international streaming push and all.

blkmage fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Oct 22, 2011

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Episode four

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
"I'd rather not fight a woman who was throwing herself at me" :smug:

Oh, Lancer. :allears:

11:20 - Holy poo poo, look at that budget.

jonjonaug fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 22, 2011

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

That was so loving good. This single episode convinced me that no matter how expensive the blu-rays are, I will buy the poo poo out of them. :allears:

Lancer is incredible. I hope his luck is better than Cu Chulainn's, because I want to see way more of him in the future.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Marin Karin posted:

Lancer is incredible. I hope his luck is better than Cu Chulainn's, because I want to see way more of him in the future.

Lancers having terrible luck seems to be a running joke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pursuit_of_Diarmuid_and_Gr%C3%A1inne

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Oh god, that budget is amazing! Lancer is awesome as hell, and Rider stealing the show as always. :allears:

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

:allears: Rider. Oh, Rider.

Lancer is awesome too, and it was interesting to see Kiritsugu, Maiya, Tokiomi and Kotomine "behind the scenes". And Kiritsugu is apparently going to get reinforcements, judging by that "we can't handle Servants yet" line.

blkmage posted:

I suspect that half the reason they're going with the BD boxes instead of volumes is because they're going to try doing the Kara no Kyoukai thing internationally again, what with the huge international streaming push and all.

I hope not. Kara no Kyoukai had a release of a few hundred copies at over $500 and Aniplex haven't said anything about re-releasing it.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Zahki posted:

What the gently caress? Half a grand for 13 episodes of a TV show?
Normal anime DVDs cost close to $100 and contain 2 episodes, so $522 for 13 episodes is comparatively cheap.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
Well rider is official the coolest dude he just rolls up and is like hail to the king baby

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

jonjonaug posted:

Lancers having terrible luck seems to be a running joke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pursuit_of_Diarmuid_and_Gr%C3%A1inne

Haha, at least Chulainn died in a pretty awesome way; he just had everything that could possibly go wrong happen to him. Diarmuid's last moments were him watching the king being a dick. "*spills water* Whoops! Sorry about that. :smug:"

In Fate/Extra, Rin's servant is Lancer. I'd imagine the game is worth playing just to see the walking catastrophe that is those two together.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Man, Rider really is the best. :allears: Showing up out of nowhere in the Gordian chariot and interrupting Saber and Lancer's fight by straight up announcing his identity? Like a motherfucking boss, this Rider. And we love him for it.

Also, the budget for that Saber/Lancer fight must have been huge... It really showed, too. Noble Phantasms being deployed already as well. poo poo's getting very serious early this time around...

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 22, 2011

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Zasze posted:

Well rider is official the coolest dude he just rolls up and is like hail to the king baby

It reminded me of gently caress YEA SEAKING

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy poo poo, Rider. :allears:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

GhostStalker posted:

Man, Rider really is the best. :allears: Showing up out of nowhere in the Gordian chariot and interrupting Saber and Lancer's fight by straight up announcing his identity? Like a motherfucking boss, this Rider. And we love him for it.

Also, the budget for that Saber/Lancer fight must have been huge... It really showed, too. Noble Phantasms being deployed already as well. poo poo's getting very serious early this time around...

Man, if you think this is cool, wait until the FIGHTING starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Man that owned really, really hard. Glad to see they're doing it justice, I can't wait for the really badass stuff later.

• Locked thread