Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ross From Friends
Apr 24, 2010

Ninpo posted:

No no, it's EASILY as ridiculous.

this thread never surprises me anymore. but yeah that's some bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Courtesy of RAWK

PhilAnderer posted:

That's an offensive picture. In my world this twat isn't worthy of lacing Suarez boots. Angle of the cap is a give away. Just another 'Johnny come lately', no interest in 'soccer', just money.
Seeing him in this garb and knowing the reason is just embarrassing, plastic like Chelsea's flags. If he's so hardcore Liverpool, what was he doing in Barcalona shagging Lionel Messi. Just cashing in.

I've got no interest in lovely American sports, but he can gently caress off back to his Mens Netball. If he's into cashing in with public appearances, stick to American loving Rounders, crap American Rugby played by poofs in helmets, that poo poo with sticks game they call 'ice hockey', or that stupid imitation Formula 1 where they drive around in circles 500 times.

Advice to Mr. James:
If you must show up, don't wear a shirt and definitely don't go on the pitch, (you'll get laughed at, especially by the Mancs).
Take first plane back to your 'hood.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Yeah I've kind of had had a go at the mod staff over there, that entire thread is shocking and filled with some virulent racism.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
dayummm thats some virulent poo poo :staredog:

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

appledan posted:

dayummm thats some virulent poo poo :staredog:

To be fair the following 2+ pages were just people attacking that post & poster

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

TyChan posted:

Courtesy of RAWK

lol

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Lucas tweeted a photo of him with King James too. :allears: I think they all must have posed with him, dude must have been a bit pissed off.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
If anyone loves posing for photos, it's him.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I went to see what Liverpool fans think of Suarez allegedly doing a racism. Apparently Evra is the real racist...

quote:

I don'think that's beyond dispute, if this particular allegation happens to be untrue then we should pursue it.

There's only one thing worse than rascist abuse and that's a false accusation of racsict abuse.

quote:

If Evra is making this up, he should be charged as guilty as the people who are racist. Making up racist allegations is as serious as racism itself as it makes it even more difficult to eradicate from society.

quote:

If Suarez isn't found guilty then Evra should be charged with racism for falsely playing the race card purely because his opponent is of a different race.

quote:

I think Suarez should counter and say it was Evra who was racist. Make him taste his own medicine the ****.

quote:

Too much of this racist claims nowadays! It goes way over the top. Comedians might as well pack the bags. What ever Suarez said to Evra would probably be true. That's why it hurts!
Evra can say what he wants to Suarez though. That's ok is it?
The worlds gone mad.

quote:

Wow, Evra. You're pathetic.

I haaate it when people use the race card.

quote:

Intentionally making false accusations of racism could be interpreted as a form of racism in itself, so if this turns out to be Evra telling porkies, he needs punished.

Suarez's Dad weighs in:

quote:

Suarez is abit like a son. You hope to god that it is not true, and even if you have a slight doubt in the back of your mind, you will fiercly defend him.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
What? Most people are idiots?!

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Xabi posted:

What? Most people are idiots?!

Insane blame the victim mentality on something like racism is a bit beyond being an idiot.Closer to a paid up member of EDL.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
my favourite one was this one

quote:

Too much of this racist claims nowadays! It goes way over the top. Comedians might as well pack the bags. What ever Suarez said to Evra would probably be true. That's why it hurts!
Evra can say what he wants to Suarez though. That's ok is it?
The worlds gone mad.
ah yes, it's okay for suarez to call evra a N because it's true!

Byolante posted:

Insane blame the victim mentality on something like racism is a bit beyond being an idiot.Closer to a paid up member of EDL.
where's this from

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
You can sometimes tell when a Wikipedia article was written by someone's biggest fan.

Wikipedia posted:

Style of Play
Torsten Frings is usually employed as a holding defensive midfielder, but is a box-to-box midfielder all around. He is known for his hard, but effective tackling. At one point he played as right back in a match during the 2002 World Cup. Torsten has the ability to score from a distance outside of the penalty box. He also has superb passing and vision and technical skills. He is also a cool penalty taker.

International Career
Frings is an all-action, versatile midfielder. He can play anywhere across midfield, although he is most comfortable running deep from his own team's box to the opposition's box. He is however deployed as defensive midfielder where his tough tackling is useful....

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Sir Oliver Popplewell posted:

Sir, Many years ago I had the responsibility of conducting a public inquiry into the fire at Bradford City FC. I was also concerned with the riot at Heysel Stadium, Belgium, caused by Liverpool football fans. Both these events were no less tragic than the events at Hillsborough ("Hillsborough families say papers must be released", Oct 18).

'The citizens of Bradford behaved with quiet dignity and great courage. They did not harbour conspiracy theories. They did not seek endless further inquiries. They buried their dead, comforted the bereaved and succoured the injured. They organised a sensible compensation scheme and moved on.

'Is there, perhaps, a lesson there for the Hillsborough campaigners?

:ughh:

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Odd that an establishment figure came out with that utter garbage as the establishment's cover up of what happened at Hillsborough is now finally being brought to light. I'm actually thrilled that he wrote that.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

T. Finn posted:

Odd that an establishment figure came out with that utter garbage as the establishment's cover up of what happened at Hillsborough is now finally being brought to light. I'm actually thrilled that he wrote that.

knights of the realm being cunts and talking bollocks?

i say chap

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

quote:

JamesAFC
OCTOBER 19, 2011 AT 10:25 PM
its been a long time since we’ve seen a late winner like that! definately need some more quality up front though to partner van persie… what has happened to Park – eating dog i reckon – and why did we buy him? surely playing back in france like he has been for the last god knows how long would put him in with a shout… walcott was pretty pants as per usual, arshavin looked uninterested although he came out recently and said he was up for it! SZCZ had no problems… defence looked much better but shaky at times, good old Laurent played really well… im still not convinced about Santos, and Jenkinson looked more confident going forward than defending. still leaves a lot to be desired, but this morning i said i’d be happy with a draw and we got 3 points… COME ON YOU GUNNERS

quote:

billy
OCTOBER 20, 2011 AT 6:58 AM
i dont understand why people called that a boring game. it was intense.it was like two tactical italian sides on english pace and german efficiency. well done arsenal. well done. fought till the last minute and after the 65th minute we were in total control of the match. moral boosting away victory after a hard fight. what more can you ask.

quote:

Thorough
OCTOBER 19, 2011 AT 9:22 PM
If we had lost we will be panelbiting these players now. But the positives of the result kind temper our outlook. We didnt look like The Arsenal. It was like a pack of kittens running the lawn: no acrobatics, nothing special, just a lethargic trudge like the crocked Mama. I weep for Arsenal. But I can take consolation in the result.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

T. Finn posted:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/20/bradford-disaster-attacks-judge-hillsborough

Someone unfortunate enough to be at both the Bradford fire and Hillsborough isn't too impressed with him.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

quote:

@AndrArshavin23
Andrey Arshavin
Day off. taking the kids to see Shrek the musical. for the second time.

arshavin sounds angry

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
That full stop before "for the second time" is hilarious.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Redcafe, several hours before the Manc Derby:

Topic title: We're gonna go unbeaten in the league

quote:

..Either this season, or the next. Its inevitable in my eyes. In all my years of watching football, there are very few teams I've seen with as strong a mentality as this one and it comes straight down from the manager. No doubt there have been more talented teams with more techinically gifted players, but no team personifies "never say die" more than these lads.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

SenorSpangiel posted:

Redcafe, several hours before the Manc Derby:

Topic title: We're gonna go unbeaten in the league

pride comes before the f-ahhhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

e: the best part is reading the thread and the posts getting worse with each goal scored

http://www.redcafe.net/f6/were-gonna-go-unbeaten-league-342061/index2.html

crappledan fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 23, 2011

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

:allears: Hong Kong based United fans

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
lmao

quote:

I'll preface this rant with some history of my relationship with football. I started supporting United in roughly 1985 as a 9 year old kid. Through the dark days of the late 80s I loved every kick of the ball that I watched. Even when you'd go into watching a game knowing you were going to lose, it was all good - the excitement and the fact that the teams you were watching represented a lifetime of heritage. The other teams around you, and even in the lower leagues were all part of the whole - football teams, playing against each other in a meritocratic league structure. English football on the whole wasn't in the best shape. But even so I would be able to soak up the authenticity of it all and enjoy the rollercoaster for what it was. I remember watching Liverpool with Barnes, Beardsley et al absolutely demolish us one day and, although pissed off that we'd lost so badly, admired the impressive display of football I'd witnessed. Because deep down I realised that that was a team which had been cultivated over a long period of time. They were at the top and they had worked hard to get there.

The rise of Sky, TV football and money in the Premier League through the nineties is well documented. Football began to become big business. Of course as a United fan we were spoiled in terms of success, but to be fair because of the the way things had built up in terms of squad recruitment and the unprecedented excellence of SAFs managerial abilities, it was always on the cards. But to see a football team rise from mid-table to title challengers, to at long last become title winners, then to multiple title winners and finally to European Champions was a special thing, and I'm privaleged to have lived through it.

But from around about the turn of this century onwards, English football began to become less about the football itself and more about the business aspect. Transfers and murky deals became part of the soap opera. Agents, third party ownerships, oligarchs, oil money and plasticity. Two clubs in particular have massively contributed to the cheapening of the core element - the game itself. Although both Chelsea and City had reasonable history before their takeovers, they have within the space of a few years taken the basic ethos of succeeding in the game and ripped it up completely, laying down new parameters based on their own greed to achieve success quickly. A few years ago we were rivalled by Arsenal, Liverpool and Leeds United. Although each of those teams provoke thoughts of hatred and their own part in our history, at least they were proper football clubs, and I have genuine feelings of competivity when I think of their tussles with us over the year. But seeing City on top of the league this weekend, and having them and Chelsea as our only rival for the title this time around....I can't even feel up for it to be honest. I should be looking at Nasri, Silva, Aguerro et al smashing teams and feeling pissed off and awed in equal measures. Yet all I can think of is how hosed up the English game is now, that it all comes down to the richest owners. And that quite soon, City might win the League, just as Chelsea did, and it will be all because they bought it.

In 1988 Liverpool obliterated all comers to win the league comfortably and I was extremely jealous, but realised at the time that they were by far the top team and deserved it. The fact Wimbledon beat them in the Cup Final and spoiled their double is also significant - I doubt such an occasion will happen again in the near future. If City win the league this year it will be a case of...'well they were bound to at some point spending all that money'. The question is - is football at the top level irreparably changed?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
hes right in saying that leeds are a Proper Football Club and bigger than chelsea. but thats it

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
The humour is in a Manchester United fan opining about the rise of money and Sky's influence when that is entirely the reason for United's continuing success since the premier league's inception.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

quote:

was that ref Tom Henning Øvrebø in disguise?

A mate on facebook. He has similar posts crying about the ref. There was one definite red card and one which could have gone either way. Chelsea fans should just be happy their loss and massive card pile up wasn't the worst result of the day.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
There's only one conclusion that needs to be drawn from yesterday - £500m will guarantee any club success in football. It's just a shame it has taken the footballing authorities so long to recognise this as cheating.

It amazes me that the media (including yourselves) are so pleased about Man City's predictable success. If a 100m sprinter won gold and was later found to have been using performance enhancing drugs, would you admire him for how fast he ran? Man City are cheats, they're just benefitting from the fact that rules haven't been in place to punish their particular form of cheating until now.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Chuggo posted:

There's only one conclusion that needs to be drawn from yesterday - £500m will guarantee any club success in football. It's just a shame it has taken the footballing authorities so long to recognise this as cheating.

It amazes me that the media (including yourselves) are so pleased about Man City's predictable success. If a 100m sprinter won gold and was later found to have been using performance enhancing drugs, would you admire him for how fast he ran? Man City are cheats, they're just benefitting from the fact that rules haven't been in place to punish their particular form of cheating until now.

Injection of cash is practically injecting drugs, yeah I get the analogy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Chuggo posted:

The best kind of tears

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
alsoooo

After moving to Barcelona and becoming an under-used squad player, Hleb admitted that leaving Arsenal was the worst move of his career.

Bearing in mind Na$ri had established himself at Arsenal as a more important and a better prospect than Hleb had, one wonders where his career will head with City. The quality that City have throughout their squad means it's going to be very difficult for Na$ri to establish himself as a key player there. I know it's early doors but the fact that he was left on the bench for one of City's biggest games of the season and wasn't brought on until the game was in the bag yesterday suggests to me that he isn't considered to be a vital part of Mancini's plans.

Maybe Na$ri is content to win things (which seems inevitable with this City team) but play very little part in doing so whilst picking up his big pay packet. I know I would prefer to do bugger all in another office for more pay but I'm talking about being a highly respected member of a football set up. Nasri will never get the respect at City that he had (place emphasis on the word in bold and underlined) at Arsenal because he, in my opinion, will only be a 'bit' player now.
Chris Wrightson, Croydon

na$ri

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

don't forget jame$ mi£ner and gareth ฿arr¥

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

greazeball posted:

don't forget jame$ mi£ner and gareth ฿arr¥

¥a¥a Toure

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
hm. wonder what Chels fans are saying about the John Terry allegations. must have shaken them up a bit?

quote:

He actually says 'Yeah, I never called you a loving black oval office, loving knobhead!' Terry has confirmed this in saying he only used it to deny using it (if that makes sense)!!! Stop trying to turn this into something it isn't.

quote:

Africa for Africans. Asia for Asians. White nations for everyone. There are no white homelands. Antiracists have made it their mission to ensure that every white nation and ONLY white nations are flooded and "assimilated" with nonwhites. It is supported by antiracists who run every white nation's government, media, corporations, education systems, universities, etc...the entire power structure. Antiracist is a code word for antiwhite and what they intend is genocide.

quote:

@PeteHappee These "anti-racists" love using their favorite attack word "Racist!" against anyone whom disagrees with their genocidal fantasy. These"anti-racists" only exist in White countries. Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white. These anti-whites use their attack word as if it has some sort of magical power. Their black magic has lost its effectiveness. I say "black magic" because that is exactly what it is. It is meant to invoke fear. That word has no power over us now. Cheers!

quote:

Do you really think John Terry would say that with Ashley Cole standing beside him let alone the fact that alot of his teams mates are black like Drogba,Malouda,Essien ect. This video does not provide evidence. We all know John Terry and his family have a history of being a bunch a loving scumbags so who knows maybe he did say it but hard evidence needs to be provided if your going to accuse someone with such serious allegations!!!!

some of my best co-workers are black!!!

quote:

i'm black myself, and i know he wasn't racist. He seemed to say 'blind'

quote:

Casper the ghost is blacker than Anton Ferdinand so its a bloody non starter. At least he didn't call him a friend of the family. That would have just been daft as Cafe Latte Ferdinand clearly has a job and doesn't stand on the side of the street all day watching cars go by and looking thuggish. Being black is an insult in itself so leave the different colored bastards alone. Troll up pussies!

quote:

I'm sure all of you are saints and havent called another race a friend of the family, wop, porkchop, paki, chink? Ya okay...

:stare:

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
some of those are just wow

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
"black magic"

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I honestly can't fathom which group "porkchop" is supposed to be a common slur for

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Tsaedje posted:

I honestly can't fathom which group "porkchop" is supposed to be a common slur for

The Racial Slur Database says the Portuguese because it "sounds similar".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
That's dumb even for racism