Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Under the vegetable posted:

Karkat pointing Terezi in the right direction. because she's blind. was pretty adorable.

The fact that he got almost zero screen time in this was a little disappointing, but better than what I expected (I expected him to wind up with a dogman fist-sized hole in his torso).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
Hopefully this all means the kids and trolls can meet up now.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Every part of this flash was incredible, but holy gently caress the music.

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

The fact that he got almost zero screen time in this was a little disappointing, but better than what I expected (I expected him to wind up with a dogman fist-sized hole in his torso.

Him and John both really did not seem to do much. But I'm 0kay with that if the lesser employed characters like Sollux and Jade got to be hella badass.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Colon V posted:

You guys do realize that this only leaves one enemy in the entire continuity that can hope to stand up to them, right?

At this point, I'm pretty sure it's going to be REAL SPOILERS kids and trolls vs Lord English. I think they aren't going to be happy about being manipulated by Doc Scratch to help Lord English, and with five people at God-Tier (kids + Aradia, and that's not counting the chance that there'll be a way to make the dead trolls go God-Tier), I think they'll have a chance to show Lord English their displeasure at being manipulated.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Walliard posted:

So hey, who wants to come up with a nickname for 4x-prototyped PM?

Regarding God tiers, was it ever confirmed that both selves need to be alive? The closest I think we got was Vriska's "all your lives are waaaaaaaasted" line, but she could easily have been mistaken.

REAL SPOILERS Yeah, that was never confirmed, just speculation. The lives being wasted thing was probably a reference to their dreambeds all being destroyed when Jack entered their session and blew up their planets. They didn't know about the beds on their planets at the time she said that.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Colon V posted:

You guys do realize that this only leaves one enemy in the entire continuity that can hope to stand up to them, right?

Yep
Lord Fedorafreak

Evidently, you need only to die on your Quest Bed to become God Tier. Cue all the trolls going GT.
Waitaminute.
God Tier = GT
Dragon Ball GT
:aaaaa:

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

haruspex posted:

Him and John both really did not seem to do much. But I'm 0kay with that if the lesser employed characters like Sollux and Jade got to be hella badass.

I'm especially 0kay with that because I was really afraid one of them was going to die in the flash, and Jade was overdue for her moment in the spotlight.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Haha, I just caught one of the movie references on a second go. Jade's godtier outfit has ruby slippers :3:

damn chimera
Jan 31, 2007

EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
How did Dave and Rose die? Was the Green Sun actually created on top of them?

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

drat chimera posted:

Yes. That is exactly what happened.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That's exactly what happened.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

It doesn't matter how long I live, I will never have a hat as dashing as this.
So, yeah, So far, everything's gone according to Lord English's Grand Plan... but the Alpha Timeline is over, he's been summoned, and there are four new deities risen to stand in his way, with the core of their powers preserved.

It does seem clear that Aradia's been working with his interests all along though, so she's almost certainly going to be an enemy later on.

And I'm pretty sure I called the whole "The whole big thing Scratch has been running has been a sham from day one. The Green Sun will continue to exist beyond the Critical Moment, and this whole routine is just to let his master propagate" a while back, which is nice to see I predicted it :)

Yeah though, the Final Boss has finally risen. I hope the Trolls manage to find some way of keeping up with the Kids though.

Time for Act 6! GSLE, an entire multi-hundred page segment dedicated to a single boss fight. You know it's going to happen

Alectai fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Oct 25, 2011

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

haruspex posted:

The obvious answer is Bec Blanc

I would like to support this nickname related spoiler, because I independently also came up with this one. This therefore makes it the obvious answer because I have no creativity.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

drat chimera posted:

Being in the same room as a universe destroying bomb I guess!

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

A Spider posted:

Yep
Lord Fedorafreak

Evidently, you need only to die on your Quest Bed to become God Tier. Cue all the trolls going GT.
Waitaminute.
God Tier = GT
Dragon Ball GT
:aaaaa:

But REAL SPOILERS the troll's quest beds were destroyed when Jack destroyed all of their planets. However, I can see Jade using her space powers to do something like warp the dead trolls to completed Sburb sessions and put them on other session's quest beds that match their titles/roles/classes in Sgrub in order to trick the game into making them go God-Tier.

KoB
May 1, 2009

dumb brunette posted:

Haha, I just caught one of the movie references on a second go. Jade's godtier outfit has ruby slippers :3:

I loved the old school RPG style Attack name popup at the top of the screen for Red Mile.

Silva
Aug 26, 2003

Time is the fire in which we burn
<------------ See that?

That is literally the face I made when I watched the EoA5 flash (megaupload didn't crap out on me, thankfully). I'd say "holy loving poo poo" over this if that phrase wasn't too much of an understatement. The music was crazy, the art was great, everything, everything about this was... I need to invent a new word for this... hussnificent

SPOILERCHAT

Jade's god tier ascension is the best part and all, but goddammit this is going to attract all the furries to Homestuck. All of them.

Also, hello? Lava volcanos anyone? John is officially the biggest badass in paradox space.

Scratch is a lier, huh? Knew it all along. Don't ever trust anyone who says "I never lie", that's usually the first lie they tell you.

WV noooooooooooo! Oh well, let's face it, the exiles were never going to be that important in the story, except apparently PM.

Only thing that surprised me besides how beyond my expectations this was is, no Lord English, and no yellow yard. Maybe that shows up in the beginning of act 6.

So what's the first thing the kids and trolls are going to say to each other now that they've met?

One more thing, is there an official list of the art team contributers to this flash? Honestly it kinda looks like only 3 or 4 other artists worked on this flash.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

annatar
Jan 14, 2007
hellol
I liked that the scratch mechanism was a massive 7inch vinyl getting burnt by a huge CD reader laser.

In the above sequence do we think that John killed Hephaestus?

Lady Charlemagne
Apr 23, 2008

GOD I'M TIRED
REAL SPOILER QUESTION I am confused about what happened to Sollux.
Well, I am confused about a lot of things, but this I feel like I should know.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I have no clue where to even start with avatars/gifs for the flash, so without requests, here's one not from the flash!

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Oct 25, 2011

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

dumb brunette posted:

A house is going to get dropped on her? :ohdear:

I am terribly excited to see SPOILER the timey thing and the lighty thing, since the windy lava thing was pretty cool this update and holy gently caress the spacey thing!!

edit: actually we've sort of seen those two already, haven't we? I guess I was thinking more along the lines of how different roles would use the same power. Like doing time stuff with a sword?

standard owl fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Oct 25, 2011

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Lady Charlemagne posted:

He's dead, Jim.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I cant not smile at CD being so goddamn happy that he finished his mission.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Lady Charlemagne posted:

Near as I can tell, his duality schtick means he's presently got one alive self on the meteor and one half-dead self with Aradia. The meteor Sollux went full-bore on his psionics and moved the entire meteor out of harm's way and towards the Sun - possibly because he could sense his other self there, I dunno.

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

Lady Charlemagne posted:

It kind of looks like there are two Solluxes? The half-dead one that's chillaxing at the Green Sun with Aradia, and the one on the meteor, who's bleeding out as he thionicth the trolls towards the green sun. Or at least that was my interpretation. It's also possible that he's only half-dead by the time he gets to the green sun?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Under the vegetable posted:

Karkat pointing Terezi in the right direction. because she's blind. was pretty adorable.

That was possibly the cutest moment of the entire flash. :3:

Also, realspoilers I guess I can see the Dersebeds working a bit differently (admittedly, Aradia VRISKA was a Prospit God-tier and thus followed all the same rules as John and Jade).

Also, what are the over/unders on Jade herself being Lord English, and we just witnessed "his" birth? That doesn't quite seem to work though because English's powers are largely TIME-based, while Jade has incredible powers over The Now, as befits her.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Oct 25, 2011

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I'm literally shaking.

That was everythign I could have possibly hoped for.

I don't even know where to start in talking about this. I suppose I'll go with the only thing I verbally exclaimed about : Sollux being the second troll to fulfill his ancestor's role.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

Silva posted:

Scratch is a lier, huh? Knew it all along. Don't ever trust anyone who says "I never lie", that's usually the first lie they tell you.

MORE SPOILERCHAT

He has lied, several times, it's just everyone was tricked by his charisma and him handwaving it as a whole "Oh, I never /Lied/, I just let someone else do it for me". He always had an answer whenever someone pointed out his bullshit, and everyone figured "Eh, it must just be his nature not to lie".

Unfortunately, the best liar is the one who saves the deception for the Critical Moment, and the hints the Kids got towards it weren't heeded by most, or deflected by various Agents. The only one who seemed to realize that they were being tricked was Jade, which is why she set up the situation the way she did and kept everyone out of the loop.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

SpaceDrake posted:

That was possibly the cutest moment of the entire flash. :3:

Also, realspoilers I guess I can see the Dersebeds working a bit differently (admittedly, Aradia was a Prospit God-tier and thus followed all the same rules as John and Jade).

Aradia was a Derse dreamer, not Prospit.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

haruspex posted:

It kind of looks like there are two Solluxes? The half-dead one that's chillaxing at the Green Sun with Aradia, and the one on the meteor, who's bleeding out as he thionicth the trolls towards the green sun. Or at least that was my interpretation. It's also possible that he's only half-dead by the time he gets to the green sun?

I think Sollux is in the process of killing himself to get the trolls to the Sun, much as his ancestor killed himself trying to get the Empress across the universe and back to Alternia. We're seeing one dead/dream self and one live self because he's in the process of dying and has a foot on both sides (duality, hurf). Aradia's earlier reference to his corpse means that he will have exhausted his strength and died by the time the troll meteor arrives.

KoB
May 1, 2009

annatar posted:

I liked that the scratch mechanism was a massive 7inch vinyl getting burnt by a huge CD reader laser.

In the above sequence do we think that John killed Hephaestus?

John was protecting the giant record player thing that was using the needles he got from Rose

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

closeted republican posted:

Aradia was a Derse dreamer, not Prospit.

Derp I meant Vriska

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

One question remains: where did Jade take John and the planets + battlefield? It's not necessarily the green sun.

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

dumb brunette posted:

I think Sollux is in the process of killing himself to get the trolls to the Sun, much as his ancestor killed himself trying to get the Empress across the universe and back to Alternia. We're seeing one dead/dream self and one live self because he's in the process of dying and has a foot on both sides (duality, hurf). Aradia's earlier reference to his corpse means that he will have exhausted his strength and died by the time the troll meteor arrives.

Oh, yeah, I had forgotten about that quote. Makes total sense.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Glory of Arioch posted:

One question remains: where did Jade take John and the planets + battlefield? It's not necessarily the green sun.

Presumably that'll be a narrative focus as we go forward. We don't know. All we know is that she broke the fourth wall and went beyond it.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Silva posted:

One more thing, is there an official list of the art team contributers to this flash? Honestly it kinda looks like only 3 or 4 other artists worked on this flash.

Lexxy and Lazylaz were both apparently involved, with the former drawing God Tier Jade.

quote:

WV noooooooooooo! Oh well, let's face it, the exiles were never going to be that important in the story, except apparently PM.

Another thing I realized (this one on my own) is that she's now fully ascended as queen of Prospit.

Glory of Arioch posted:

Across the Yellow Yard to the post-Scratch universe/incipisphere.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

She Took him to whatever Hussie had set on the other Fourth Wall. That's how he's getting his passive intervention in, by making sure they get to the Right Place at the Right Time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So the Green Sun is both the source of English's and his agents' powers, AND the new third universe?