Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

That was possibly the cutest moment of the entire flash. :3:

Also, realspoilers I guess I can see the Dersebeds working a bit differently (admittedly, Aradia VRISKA was a Prospit God-tier and thus followed all the same rules as John and Jade).

Also, what are the over/unders on Jade herself being Lord English, and we just witnessed "his" birth? That doesn't quite seem to work though because English's powers are largely TIME-based, while Jade has incredible powers over The Now, as befits her.

First spoiler! It doesn't have anything to do with Derse. The kids and trolls didn't know until now that you actually get two dream beds, one in your world and one on Skaia/Derse. The only one to take advantage of this so far was Aradia, but we don't know how her body got there in the first place.

Second spoiler! Jade's totally not LE. Like you said, her powers revolve around spatial manipulation and she's got no domain over time. English's powers are still uncertain, but he's been established as having supreme control over weird timeline poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

What would Karkat's god tier power even be massive pacification?

SPOILER SPEC

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
What happened to the new world frog though? Didn't we last see it get dropped into lava?

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Did I miss anything important?
Uh so real question here Is Aradia evil because she seems awful happy considering everyone else thought they were nerfing that sun???? She does seem to be set up to be a lower-tier villain here, I just wonder when the heck Scratch got to her. Or perhaps it was just all the whisperings of the Handmaid influencing her over time

I'd rather it not be that way but it's sure looking like it :worry:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Talorat posted:

What happened to the new world frog though? Didn't we last see it get dropped into lava?

That was the caldera made to birth a new universe. All of Jade's plans are ticking along five-o so far.

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

Talorat posted:

It's in the lava on LOFAF which Jade just carried through the fourth wall with her and John

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

FutureSushi posted:

Uh so real question here Is Aradia evil because she seems awful happy considering everyone else thought they were nerfing that sun???? She does seem to be set up to be a lower-tier villain here, I just wonder when the heck Scratch got to her. Or perhaps it was just all the whisperings of the Handmaid influencing her over time

I think that Aradia knew this was coming, she's always been about fate and poo poo, but she knew that it had to happen because the Green Sun is Already Here (as is Lord English). The only way to fight LE is not to try and prevent his origin -- that's impossible. It's to fight him after he's already appeared.

He's been summoned, now she's ready to help the other kids and trolls take him down.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

FutureSushi posted:

I'm thinking that that Aradia is a double-agent for Lord English as well. Dave's very likely going to have the same time-related powers that she has, so its not like the trolls+kids are going to be out of someone that can manipulate time if Aradia goes rogue.

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

closeted republican posted:

I'm thinking that that Aradia is a double-agent for Lord English as well. Dave's very likely going to have the same time-related powers that she has, so its not like the trolls+kids are going to be out of someone that can manipulate time if Aradia goes rogue.

The trolls are supposed to emulate their ancestors so I'm hoping that means Aradia will rebel against Doc Scratch like the Handmaid did?? But maybe be actually successful, in keeping with the role-reversal stuff? I really like GT Aradia . . . and she does seem to have the same lust for life as the Demoness did for death, so . . .

voltroon fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Oct 25, 2011

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

FutureSushi posted:

This is possible, but the dumb brunette interpretation is also possible. If the first is true (Aradia is a servant of English for some reason) then the real question is whether or not Dave and Rose have been subsumed into English's service, given how their Godhood came about. Their emerging, dripping, from a source of power for the servants of English worries me. :ohdear:

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Finished watching before my laptop battery went out.

I suddenly understand jack-poo poo.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

DaveKap posted:

I have no clue where to even start with avatars/gifs for the flash, so without requests, here's one not from the flash!

Yoink, totally using this.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Oh man, I can't wait for Act 6. The Album as well, but I have to know what is next. :ohdear:

Kudos to everyone on the music team involved in this. The art team as well, it was beautiful.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Wait, so how did Jade even go God Tier? She was dead after the shaving cream explosion. Bec Noir just carried her corpse to her quest bed and laid her on it. I thought you had to die ON the quest bed in order for the God Tier requirement to be fulfilled?

TombsGrave
Feb 15, 2008

I was going to check MSPA before I went to sleep just in case it had updated. By sheer coincidence I missed out on the frantic worrying about where the file could be hosted and just downloaded it from Mediafire straight away! Suckers!

Jaw was on the floor the entire time, from REAL SPOILER Courtyard Droll getting waxed to REAL SPOILER Godtier BecJadeSprite breaching the fourth wall leaving a burning universe behind her. The wait, she has been worth it.

EDIT:

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Wait, so how did Jade even go God Tier? She was dead after the shaving cream explosion. Bec Noir just carried her corpse to her quest bed and laid her on it. I thought you had to die ON the quest bed in order for the God Tier requirement to be fulfilled?

RELEVANT REAL SPOILER She could have been fatally wounded by the explosion, dying while being taken to the quest bed, and perished completely a short while after he left.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Glory of Arioch posted:

One question remains: where did Jade take John and the planets + battlefield? It's not necessarily the green sun.

Directly to mspaintadventures.com!

seriously the rest of jade and john's adventures will take place inside a website

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
He really seemed to be pushing the idea that they literally broke the fouth wall and went to Mspaintadventures.com but I have no idea how that could possibly work. I don't think we know enough about how the fourth wall functions according to Hussie.

TombsGrave
Feb 15, 2008

chrisf posted:

Yoink, totally using this.

He's dancin' an adorable little softshoe routine in heaven now. That little so completely dead scamp.

On that note, this means that all the Midnight Crew analogues are now dead except for Bec Noir. History repeating.

Eikre
May 2, 2009

TombsGrave posted:

He's dancin' an adorable little softshoe routine in heaven now. That little so completely dead scamp.

On that note, this means that all the Midnight Crew analogues are now dead except for Bec Noir. History repeating.

And each one has a respective queen to fight to the probably mutual death with.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Newgrounds came back up, and their forum members were hoping the downtime was for the implementation of a site redesign. :laugh:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

TombsGrave posted:

RELEVANT REAL SPOILER She could have been fatally wounded by the explosion, dying while being taken to the quest bed, and perished completely a short while after he left.

Can somebody please clarify this for me. I got the impression that we're dealing with God Tier Jadesprite rather than God Tier Jade. Wasn't Jade's body still on her quest bed when the Prospit ship appeared on LOFAF?

Ninja edit: All these spoiler tags. Fuckin' pain in the rear end.

Double Edit: Going to have the flash playing in the background all day for the music! :haw:

Radio Paranoia fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Oct 25, 2011

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
So yeah, the thing I want to see most after watching the flash is whether Dave and Rose are evil now. Because on a second go-round, Aradia's faintly smug expression and their manifestation is pretty loving ominous!

yellowyams
Jan 15, 2011
That was very anime.

All I really wanted out of the flash was to finally see Lord English and get a glimpse of the kid's scratched universe. :sigh: Oh well, in due time. Dave's godtier outfit was the best part it's just so silly-looking, he's like a bowling pin.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Okay, so my friend pointed something out to me.

Technically, the only question that wasn't answered in all of that is Who Lord English is.

But What do we know about Lord English? Has tons of power, consumes universes, exists in a universe chiefly to ensure his own existence, and color of choice is green.

Maybe that wasn't unanswered. Maybe we just saw his destruction, and his creation.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Okay, so my friend pointed something out to me.

Technically, the only question that wasn't answered in all of that is Who Lord English is.

But What do we know about Lord English? Has tons of power, consumes universes, exists in a universe chiefly to ensure his own existence, and color of choice is green.

Maybe that wasn't unanswered. Maybe we just saw his destruction, and his creation.

That's what I think, too. The Green Sun is some kind of egg for English, and so the fact that Dave and Rose just emerged from it crackling with First Guardian power and shaded/hooded eyes doesn't really bode that well.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
The animation in this video was AMAZING. It absolutely blew my mind when I saw Jack use Red Miles and the animation filled the screen. There were so many really cool moments too, like using that space as a frame, or displaying video gamey elements. Also no wonder this thing is so big, it contains entire other flash animations as a subset.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Also, something I'd actually realized. This will be a wall of black, apologies.

So Becnoir killed the genesis frog, thus ending the Kids' universe and presumably ushering English's entry into that universe.

But then we have a certain bit from an admittedly unreliable narrator who nonetheless wouldn't have much cause to lie on this score:

"On the eve of their race's extinction, the twelve heroes would begin playing a game. They would make an admirable effort, but they would fail. Their civilization had not prepared them for the rigors of this game, and the ultimate reward would fall shy of their grasp. But their failure was more comprehensive, more systemic, than a result of simple inadequacy so common to young players of this game. Though they could not recognize it for the bad omen it was, this session was not the one in which they had been spawned. Such is the symptom of a subtle glitch affecting certain sessions, an error designed to trigger an unfathomable cascade of misfortune throughout paradox space. This glitch is the calling card of the one I serve. It is the discreet, gentlemanly manner in which he reserves his place in a universe for later visitation."

The kids were definitely spawned in their own session. So where is English's calling card in the Kids' universe?

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

what the gently caress did I just watch? :stare:

Now to read the thread and have other people tell me just exactly what the hell happened, holy christ.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Jade, you've done it. You have officially become an anime.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I have a general question. Do you think trolls/anyone could go god tier if they used the bed for their title? Such as Rose could use vriskas bed and vice versa since they are both of light?

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.

Fat_Cow posted:

I have a general question. Do you think trolls/anyone could go god tier if they used the bed for their title? Such as Rose could use vriskas bed and vice versa since they are both of light?

I'm not sure there's enough information in the comic to answer that. It may be that having another player of the same class's quest bed available is even a novel situation within the ... universe? of Homestuck, so nobody knows until Hussie shows what happens.

I think the only way to find out would be to sneak back into the kids' universe post-scratch and stick Kanaya on, er, Nanna's bed. Assuming the Scratch did indeed reset the kids universe, and wasn't just Scratch lying to us.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
I can't wait to see what the avatar wizards come up with from this flash!

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Edit: Nevermind what this post said before. I'm going to post all the avatars from this update at a later time but while I make them, I'll link them.
Please don't buy these until the thread is done using spoiler tags to talk about the flash.
I'm linking these so people can call dibs and no redundant effort is put in by other avatar makers.
Here's the first few.
http://i.imgur.com/FUyCY.gif
http://i.imgur.com/tG0Qz.gif
http://i.imgur.com/ooC8c.gif
http://i.imgur.com/1fk8g.gif Vogue!
http://i.imgur.com/BGBWD.gif And for those who don't want to be accused of being a furry http://i.imgur.com/kh7Ya.gif
Also, I made one that has already been called dibs on, it's like these other ones but of Rose so I'm not posting it since they already have the url on hand.
Ok that's all for tonight.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Oct 25, 2011

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Jesus what the gently caress did I watch. I suddenly understand less than jack poo poo.

SpaceDrake posted:

Also, something I'd actually realized. This will be a wall of black, apologies.

The kids were definitely spawned in their own session. So where is English's calling card in the Kids' universe?

One popular fan theory is that this is the second session for Earth, much in the same way the Trolls had a session before. The original Earth session was played by their guardians (Nanna, Mom, Bro, and Grandpa Harley). They failed, and were forced to scratch their session, though they retained some memories.

There still are a lot of unanswered questions from the kid's universe, and I hope they are addressed even though the universe was destroyed. First: how were the guardians able to fight in the game, and how much did they know about SBURB? It's hinted they created the game, considering the SBURB lab links up with Rose's house. (this would be explained by the above theory) Second: Where did Mister Jaspers disappearify off to for a week? Third: Why did the White King have Rose's wizard Slash fiction with him? And many more questions that can probably only be answered by a two hundred page side story.

Edit: A new avatar based on this flash might be cool, but I'm too attached to SmugCobain here.

Ammat The Ankh fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Oct 25, 2011

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Some speculatory thoughts:

1. The chain of Lord English propagation is totally unbroken. We are seeing the point of his genesis [speculatedly] (through the creation of the Green Sun), but while it consumed both the troll and the kid's universe, the kid's universe was consumed just as the scratch was happening: in other words, a new universe would be generated in its place anyway, presumably including the Lord English summoning mechanism that would, with that scratch-created universe success, result in the creation of yet another universe with the summoning mechanism ad infinitum.

2. An interesting thing to note though that the Green Sun being created at *this point* doesn't actually matter, since it is located in a timeless space connected to all sessions: while it need be created, the specific chain of the cycle doesn't matter, though it is temporally inevitable.

3. This would normally mean that, given that we are probably seeing the point that Lord English is created, the kids are the "start of the chain"; given that the troll's session created the kids session, and that this even essentially happened "between" the two, that would mean that it could potentially be the end of the chain: presuming Lord English doesn't just use his mastery of time and space to just appear in any universe he's been "summoned" into via in the chain whenever he wants to, and that it's a simple circular chain that doesn't offshoot (it could be an exponentially expanding growth web of universes spiraling off and creating secondary universes containing summoning mechanisms for all we know).

But since Jade has quite a bit of power now, plus all the kids + trolls are getting together, it's possible they could could find/orchestrate (given temporal inevitability, it's the same thing) his eventual demise at the "end" of the chain. Further, since Jade's frog is fine, it's possible they could just generate a new universe chain offshoot that lacks the mechanism entirely, what since presumably the post-scratch Earth will be the one containing the mechanism (the next piece in the chain) rather than Jade's universe that would have otherwise "died" in the Scratch.

4. Given what we're seeing with quest beds, and the fact that all the troll corpses are heading towards the Green Sun now, it's entirely possible all the trolls could be resurrected in the God Tier if Hussie wanted to, as we understand it right now. Except maybe Vriska, since she already blew her chance at second life. WHOOPS.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Third: Why did the White King have Rose's wizard Slash fiction with him?

That one's easy at least, and already answered. Dave copied it, DD stole it, and the King picked it up when he climbed into the pod for reading material.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

aegof posted:

That one's easy at least, and already answered. Dave copied it, DD stole it, and the King picked it up when he climbed into the pod for reading material.

I think he meant more in the sense of "why even bother", unless it's a huge red herring.

Also Zorak, did you forget to spoiler tag a lot of that or is that a sign that we should gently caress off with spoiler tags about content in the new flash :v:

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

How did the frog survive lava?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

drat I cannot wait for the next update so the characters can tell me what the gently caress just happened.