Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Oh god... I was assuming she grew out of this in her later teens. I'm absolutely horrified to hear the phrase "in her twenties" in relation to these stories :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
I feel so bad for Denise's dad. He sounds like a really nice guy, it sucks that his daughter is so insane :(

ornery bean
Nov 7, 2010

I want to hurt this girl.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Wow Noodles that is one crazy friend you had to deal with, I'm kind of shocked how deep her delusions went. I can't imagine having to deal with that on any regular basis.

The worst I had was a friend in highschool that thought he was a StarTrek captain, he made a "ship" out of a rusty tricycle and cardboard box that he would "fly" around the neighborhood in. That stopped after a few years when his ship got "shot down" by other kids in the neighborhood with paintball guns.

Space.Plant
Jul 23, 2006
Thank you so much for this thread uglynoodles. :)
I'm not surprised Denise never grew out of this; it seems like the most crazy stay in the perpetual child-mentality of astral babies and polyandry marriages with anime guys.

Despite being an anime fan for years, I never really met any super crazy otherkin and otakus. There was this one girl I met in middle-school, Angel, who sorta fit the bill. Being an easily impressionable (and easily gullible) 11 year old, I looked up to her and believed everything she said (she was 2 years older, WHOA!). The began to tell me how in one part of the Sailor Moon manga, Sailor Venus got knocked up and Moon was pissed and called her a "whore". The Sailors also smoked and drank alcohol. drat, I thought they were "bad-rear end" characters.

"I must read this!" I said to myself. Surely the manga is more hardcore than the silly cartoon version of Sailor Moon I watched! So after getting a copy of the manga, I was very disappointed. No cursing, smoking, nor drinking to be found; it was mostly at the rating the cartoon had. I forgot what happened afterwards, but one time she showed me this one headshot of a Sailor Scout she made up who's colors were blood red and wore upside-down pentagram earrings.

I'm pretty sure Angel really wished Sailor Moon was way more darker and edgier than the kiddy cartoon/manga, so she made up stuff in her head and passed it along to other gullible fans. :v:

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Space.Plant posted:

I'm pretty sure Angel really wished Sailor Moon was way more darker and edgier than the kiddy cartoon/manga, so she made up stuff in her head and passed it along to other gullible fans. :v:

I've watched exactly one episode of Sailor Moon, and I'm not even sure about that. Because in this episode I recall, Sailor Moon gains half a pound and immediately gets an eating disorder. Did that actually happen or did I make that up at some point?

EDIT: Oh, and the worst part is at the end of the episode it turns out someone was just loving with her scale. :psyduck:

muscat_gummy
Nov 30, 2008
Whatever episode or two of Sailor Moon I watched was also kind of hosed up.

Space.Plant posted:

Despite being an anime fan for years, I never really met any super crazy otherkin and otakus.

This. I was pretty into the crap during high school (buying manga in Japanese, building plastic models of giant robots, the whole 9 yards) but never met anyone so completely off. My regular group of friends didn't have any interest in anime and I didn't bother them about it, and my few friends who were into it were also (relatively) normal. Even in the anime club I was briefly a part of as a college freshman nobody was batshit. Although, I didn't know most of them that well so maybe they were. Who knows.

Oh god or does this mean that I was the weird one. :ohdear:

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

redmercer posted:

I've watched exactly one episode of Sailor Moon, and I'm not even sure about that. Because in this episode I recall, Sailor Moon gains half a pound and immediately gets an eating disorder. Did that actually happen or did I make that up at some point?

EDIT: Oh, and the worst part is at the end of the episode it turns out someone was just loving with her scale. :psyduck:

I've seen that episode. It's got a lot to do with Japanese culture and how it handles weight (especially females and weight). Being 'fat' is a baaaaaaad thing there. Really bad. And people will tell you you're fat pretty much right to your face. So the episode makes a bit more sense in that context.

Clockroach
Dec 12, 2010

redmercer posted:

I don't remember this in particular, but it sounds exactly like something the character/show would do. She was supposed to be super indulgent but also a drama queen but everyone loves her anyway. Perfectly relatable for people like Denise.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

uglynoodles posted:

Who the gently caress is Yazoo and why would I 'claim' him? Is Yazoo a landmass somewhere?

Yazoo and Kadaj are villains in Advent Children. Them plus one other guy are actually just fragments of Sephiroth, so it's kind of amusing she ever let anyone "claim" them, given her infatuation with Sephiroth. Though I guess at the point of just watching the trailer she didn't know that. Hell even if you watched the movie you might not know it because it's dumb and confusing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't know man, this thread is pretty much a super bummer :(. It's interesting though.

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Squirts ink when provoked
Man, this thread makes me worry my kids will end up like Denise someday. Reading about her dad makes me want to give mine a hug.

I mean, it's one thing imagining some made up universe for yourself and whatnot, but drat is it another thing believing it and dragging everybody you know into it. OP, I assume Denise is pretty much jobless right now?

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
Wow, poor dad. I don't think I'll be able to have kids after reading all of that. I just keep imagining working myself to the bone for somebody who doesn't appreciate 1 second of it and I have to deal with all sorts of mental anguish. Bravo to that man for being a good person though. More fathers need to be like him, and less daughters need to be like Denise (just 1 is too many, if you ask me).

From what I read at the beginning of the thread, I was expecting Kat to be a bit of a whackjob too, but she seems like a pretty down-to-earth person :) At least, she does now. Was it mostly Denise doing all this crazy stuff? Was Kat just an often-unwilling participant of it much like you?

Hopefully Denise can pull a 180 here and live a semblance of a normal life. Enjoy your anime. Hell, become an unironic poster on Fandom!Secrets* for all I care. But be a contributing member to society for crying out loud!

Hope you have a happy and relaxing retirement someday, Denise's dad.

*e: I think I may owe Fandom!Secrets an apology for comparing them to Denise.

Mr. D Bewildering fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Oct 25, 2011

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
So did she believe this, or was she a pathological liar?

Green Jacket
Oct 23, 2008

Suddenly I have a refreshing mint flavor!

Psalmanazar posted:

So did she believe this, or was she a pathological liar?

My money's on it's a case of telling herself these things were true so much that she eventually believed them to be true.

la_fausse_tortue
Oct 25, 2011

Yes, it's a horsebutt.
This is Kat. Decided to get a forum account afterall, but I will still be sending my stories to Uglynoodles to post so that people filtering only Uglynoodles' posts will get the whole story (if that is okay with the mods). I thought I could facilitate with some of the questions, though.

Yes, I'm still in contact with her. Sort of. Haven't seen her in months since I've been too busy with work and school and fun stuff to waste time on her/him/whatever.

Yes, she's still like this, although she has gotten a job to support her animu-buying needs. Not sure if she's paying rent. Since I don't talk to her as much as I used to, I'm not sure where her interests are lying. Judging by the AMVs she shares on her facebook page, she started watching Hetalia. I shudder to think how that's affected her already-skewed perception of the world. I think a good basis for her current fad is what's popular in the anime/video game/movie world right now. She went through her Harry Potter stage a few years ago (Draco Malfoy was the object of her desire, then).

As for me, I am quite the well-rounded person. Second year university student, was on the honour roll last year, kind of slacking this year. Still interested in anime, although my interest is quite casual and I haven't seen any series I've really liked in a few months. Been pretty busy because I have two jobs in the summer. I'm using my great powers of imagination to write and publish my own stories now. Fortunately, my encounters with Denise have made me thoroughly disgusted with any form of Mary Sue-ism that I am paranoid about them appearing in my work. So I suppose she's improved my writing? Hah...

Anyway, what always got me (regarding her SURPRISE SEX scenarios) was that Parrier presented himself as the KING OF DRAGONS originally, so powerful he used to wipe out planets when he became too angry. Used this anger as an excuse for rude behavior and shirking chores, too. So, if he was such a powerful entity, how the hell did these spirit-animu-boys manage to have intercourse with him against his will?

Oh, but then he attributed that to him being half INCUBUS as well. Of course.

Anyway, I'll try to answer questions as they come. Uglynoodles and I are in vastly different time zones, so it's a little interesting to coordinate efforts.

EDIT: Yeah, pretty sure she believes what she preaches.

Frozen Horse
Aug 6, 2007
Just a humble wandering street philosopher.

la_fausse_tortue posted:

Anyway, what always got me (regarding her SURPRISE SEX scenarios) was that Parrier presented himself as the KING OF DRAGONS originally, so powerful he used to wipe out planets when he became too angry.

It's OK to use the word "rape" here, there's a filter that edits what people who aren't logged in see.
Also, :glomp: for having traversed the crazy-maelstrom surrounding the subject of these tales.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

la_fausse_tortue posted:

Hetalia.

Oh god. I can't even imagine it.

Thanks for registering to share your stories!

Officer Big Mac
Apr 17, 2011
Obviously Denise is batshit insane. That being said I have to commend her imaginative effort in making most things that she believes pseudo-plausible. Her 'infinite parallel worlds' theory as you defined it is a pretty brilliant device for her to justify the real-world existence of even the newest anime characters she falls for, or who falls for her, apparently.

Astral babies is pretty hosed though. Seems that whole ordeal was her way of acting out a rape fantasy, albeit in a really strange, anime-character-containing way.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
Welcome aboard, new goonette! :toot:

Looking forward to more stories of unimaginable crazy.

Coughman
Mar 12, 2010

Communists and Freemasons.
Its stories like these that make me glad I got the fandom bullshit out of my system when I did.
Though I still regret my horrible Naruto phase to this day.
I always cringe at how much my love for anime back then stunted my growth as an artist, ESPECIALLY when I look and see how little the girls I hung out with progressed with THEIR work, and how they act around the internet.

I guess regret builds character though. :gbsmith:

la_fausse_tortue
Oct 25, 2011

Yes, it's a horsebutt.

Officer Big Mac posted:

Astral babies is pretty hosed though.

She never mentioned astral babies to me. I guess I was just delegated the symptoms of pregnancy. "Ugh, I got a headache/stomachache." Although, when she turned into Parrier these symptoms turned into symptoms of his real form (horns, wings, and all) 'coming through' into the real world. Only after Denise turned into Parrier, did Parrier mention she'd had astral children with Heero Yuy. Sort of in passing. And he referred to Denise as Magnolia, the cold hearted bitch who dumped his rear end. Magnolia somehow became separate from Denise. In his later explanations as to how Denise could be with both Heero Yuy and Sephiroth and whoever-else at the same time, it turns out that each animu boy had a separate version of Denise to be with. Maybe it stems from the explanation she gave Uglynoodles once, where only THEY had a living form in EVERY WORLD OMG.

Realistically, if the symptoms of pregnancy/impending horns were anything more than convenient hypochondria, it was probably due to the lack of care she gave her own body. She always ate crap food and never exercised and poo poo. When pressed about these things, she'd wistfully say that she should, but she never got around to it.

Coughman posted:

Its stories like these that make me glad I got the fandom bullshit out of my system when I did.
Though I still regret my horrible Naruto phase to this day.
I always cringe at how much my love for anime back then stunted my growth as an artist, ESPECIALLY when I look and see how little the girls I hung out with progressed with THEIR work, and how they act around the internet.

Oh, just you wait. The Naruto phase Denise and I go for is a minefield of cringe. And then there's her attempts at making manga. Next up, I think I'll write out the story of Denise and I's first convention trip. It occurred DURING the Naruto phase.

Space.Plant
Jul 23, 2006
Welcome to SA, Kat! Looking forward to your stories of unparalleled crazy as well!

redmercer posted:

Well, to be honest, the anime seasons do get darker towards the end (Moon's sailor buds dying, but come back as spirits to help Moon defeat the big ol' baddie.), but it mostly a light-hearted series with some drama added to it, and I don't mean baby-daddy drama either.

Coughman posted:

Oh god, I remember the stupid "Chibi Scouts" I made back when I was 10/11. They were the daughters to the 4 other Sailors because why should Sailor Moon be the only one to procreate another Sailor Scout? :v: I drew them a lot and didn't get better until I moved on to other things. My sister even made Sailor Earth/Sun in her own likeness.

When I was 16 and saw even younger animu artists draw so much better, my jealousy was unparalleled.:smithicide:

Lezzie Borden
Jul 20, 2011
Hetalia? That's bad enough, but god help us all if she gets into Homestuck. That poo poo is crazy.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

Pancakes McGee posted:

Hetalia? That's bad enough, but god help us all if she gets into Homestuck. That poo poo is crazy.

Don't jinx it, don't jinx it, don't jinx it... :ohdear:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Just chiming in with a word of appreciation for this thread...I love your drawings UglyNoodles. And hello Kat!

I always read things like this and cringe, I came perilously close to doing this sort of stuff - I used to write self insert stories and all that poo poo...luckily this was about 1995 so the internet wasn't the thing it is now, and I wasn't dumb enough to tell anyone else about it. Also I had not heard of Final Fantasy..that came when I was about 18 and had kind of grown out of that phase (although I did do some fan art)

I can understand why people retreat into fantasy like that or believe they are 'special'.I was pretty bullied and lonely at school in my teens, and yep, it did make me feel better to think that I did have some secret unknown power that didn't manifest itself in any meaningful way. Mine just didn't involve rapey fantasies, or getting other people involved. And I grew out of it when I went to college and got a bar job.

also- she's now into Hetalia, oh god, I internally facepalmed when I saw that.

Yeah Man
Oct 9, 2011

And if you had, you know, a huge killer robot at your command, yeah, that would just clutter things up; and a lesser person might want that kind of overwhelming force on their side, but you know - where's the challenge in that?
The more uglynoodles posts about Denise, the more and more I grow to despise that loathsome harpy. Goddammit, I believe strongly in filial piety and have a really close relationships with my parents, so seeing how she treats her father who works 7 days a week to support her really pisses me off.

Culinary Bears
Feb 1, 2007

[edited out because fandoms have crazy-rear end internet detectives welp]

Culinary Bears fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 12, 2012

Moto Punch
Feb 3, 2009
For people wondering if this kind of teenage nerd girl delusion is a modern phenomenon, I'd suggest checking out the film Heavenly Creatures. I guess OP and Kat can be happy Denise didn't try and kill her nice Dad?

Enjoying the stories, guys. I'm so glad I grew out of my horrible animu phase around the age of 14/15. Punk gigs and alcohol were much healthier teenage hobbies.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Reading this entire thread has been a surreal experience. Kudos to both of you guys for coming out of it well-adjusted in any fashion. I have immense pity for the girl's father.

I can definitely see how this kind of extreme escapism might feel necessary; kids will go through a lot not to feel lonely. Still, I'm pretty appalled at the idea of somebody watching dozens of shows that presumably have even a meter of depth and coming away from it all with the idea that "rape is love" fantasies mean...you know...rape is love. Err. And then to inflict those fantasies on other people--? Surely now in her young twenties Denise can understand that many people, particularly people she may or may not know are sexual assault victims, don't give a single rusted gently caress about her romantic and dubiously consensual escapades :psyduck:

I mean, holy hell, uglynoodles. Someday she's gonna meet another assault victim who isn't quite as tolerant of crazy bullshit. And then she's gonna get beat.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

la_fausse_tortue posted:

This is Kat.

:) Hi Kat.

quote:

I'm using my great powers of imagination to write and publish my own stories now.

Are you self-publishing or do you have a fancy agent and all that? Either way, there's lots of writers and such things in Creative Convention ( http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=31 ). There's also a big self-publishing thread (if that's what you're doing) to help you promote, too. Just trying to help you get the most of your :10bux: .

And looking forward to more stories from both of you guys.

LadySage
Dec 26, 2005

AA: i am very much alive
AA: and i intend to stay that way :)

Pancakes McGee posted:

Nah, judging from the stories she's probably crazy enough to buy into the whole "rivalry" between Hetalia fans and Homestuck fans. My guess is she hates Homestuck without ever having read it.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Swillkitsch posted:

Reading this entire thread has been a surreal experience. Kudos to both of you guys for coming out of it well-adjusted in any fashion. I have immense pity for the girl's father.

I can definitely see how this kind of extreme escapism might feel necessary; kids will go through a lot not to feel lonely. Still, I'm pretty appalled at the idea of somebody watching dozens of shows that presumably have even a meter of depth and coming away from it all with the idea that "rape is love" fantasies mean...you know...rape is love. Err. And then to inflict those fantasies on other people--?

"Rape is Love" is an old, old, old theme that never seems to crawl away and die. Hell, in some cultures it's the basis for marriage: He raped me so now he has to marry me. Bu he did it because he really loves me, you see. That's why we're married.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

la_fausse_tortue posted:

And then there's her attempts at making manga.

I can only imagine.

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!

LadySage posted:

"rivalry" between Hetalia fans and Homestuck fans

Wait what? How does that even work, the two series have absolutely nothing to do with each other. :psyduck:

(Or did Homestuck fans make fun of them and now they're mad or something?)

LadySage
Dec 26, 2005

AA: i am very much alive
AA: and i intend to stay that way :)

Brass Key posted:

Wait what? How does that even work, the two series have absolutely nothing to do with each other. :psyduck:

(Or did Homestuck fans make fun of them and now they're mad or something?)

I have no idea how it started, but both fandoms are huge and brimming with batshit. The only thing that makes Homestuck fandom less inherently awful is that the source material is actually really, really good and there is some really amazing fan output.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

la_fausse_tortue posted:

And then there's her attempts at making manga.

I cannot wait for these stories.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

LadySage posted:

Nah, judging from the stories she's probably crazy enough to buy into the whole "rivalry" between Hetalia fans and Homestuck fans. My guess is she hates Homestuck without ever having read it.

This is a thing?

edit: nevermind you answered it already

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Khazar-khum posted:

"Rape is Love" is an old, old, old theme that never seems to crawl away and die. Hell, in some cultures it's the basis for marriage: He raped me so now he has to marry me. Bu he did it because he really loves me, you see. That's why we're married.

Yes...but...America :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heatherawr
Apr 16, 2011

I'm reminded of this

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_the_Drama_Queen

Also, very interesting stories OP and Kat. Thanks for sharing with us. :)

• Locked thread