Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cracky posted:

THAT IS MY SWORD

GIVE IT BACK
YOU ARE A DOG

IT DOESN'T EVEN FIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

This flash was longer, harder to actually successfully view, and better than I had imagined. What a way to end the hiatus. Now if I could stop watching it and finally get some sleep. I can't wait for the fanart to start rolling in.. Although some of the cooler artists contributed to the flash already, so we might have to wait a while to see more from them.

Walliard posted:

So hey, who wants to come up with a nickname for 4x-prototyped PM?

Postal Messiah. :kamina:

Also it's a pun. :rimshot:

Radio Paranoia posted:

Where is my full version of Spider's Claw, Radiation?! :argh:

If it's not one of the bonus tracks I'm going to be highly dissappointed.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

So glad to see Dreaming Dead make it in.
Thanks for the analysis you all, I certainly missed a number of details in the first watch.

I haven't had the chance to listen to the album yet, but "Hussie Hunt" has hilarious art.

Edit - Bonus Tracks:
How Do I Live (D8 Night Version)
Cascade (Beta)
Black Hole - Green Sun
Carefree Action
null

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Couple of quick bits:

1. loving amazing.

2. Dog Tier Jade was pretty badass.

3. Very much saddened by AR and WV. Also Karkat sadly had pretty much no screentime, although him pointing Terezi in the right direction was great.

4. I'll have to rewatch it, but the first time through I did not get any sort of feeling that Aradia (or the Derse dreamers) were actually LE agents. Aradia was probably just happy to see the humans in person at last. She didn't even want Rose to go through with the plan at first, and last time we saw her she was harping on how she had to help them out. Sure you can handwave away a lot of her comments throughout the story as "Sure, that's just what a double agent would say at that time", but I don't buy it.

E: 5. Do we still not know how PM was exiled???

Wanted to play it safe until a mod steps in to say "yes stop tagging spoilers you dorks."

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Roger Explosion posted:

Now, that that's out of the way, John and Jade just smashed through the 4th wall, yes? Remember Lord English's coat is draped over one of the walls/windows? I'm thinking that John and Jade are currently smashing through one 4th wall/window, collecting Lord English's coat along the way via, you know, flying into it and then bringing it with them when they smash the other window into the new session. This is extremely troubling.e:fb drat
Just to add to this, it seems Dog-tier Jade now has the ability to ensmallen and embiggen things, Namely, an oversized coat perhaps?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Nate RFB posted:

E: 5. Do we still not know how PM was exiled???

Throwing this out there.

She exiled herself due to not being able to send the package on time[?]

Or she was never really exiled and was just traveling to send the packages.

I'm most likely certain it has to do with mail and her strong beliefs on it *shrug*

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wow, that Midnight Crew a capella is the classiest thing I've ever heard on the internet.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
On second thought, the new batch of babies might have the only (reasonable) name length left: five letters. Plus that's 10/2 so everyone wins.

If that's the case, then Dave's bro's name is David.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
That flash was everything I hoped for, and more. Goddamnit Hussie, how do you keep topping yourself all the time?

Also, why are we still using spoilers? Is there anyone following this thread who still hasn't seen the flash?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

FebrezeNinja posted:

I haven't had the chance to listen to the album yet, but "Hussie Hunt" has hilarious art.

I'm a third of the way through and so far there is literally not a single track I even mildly dislike. Music team really pulled out everything for this one. Escape Pod and Davesprite are loving wonderful :dance:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Gonna call it now. the final flash is gonna be a feature length movie.

3 hours total.

Starring Nicholas Cage and Charles Dutton

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Starmaker posted:

On second thought, the new batch of babies might have the only (reasonable) name length left: five letters. Plus that's 10/2 so everyone wins.

If that's the case, then Dave's bro's name is David.

If J has my name I will be so disproportionately happy.

In other news, I made a utility for assigning appropriate artist metadata to Homestuck music. It's pretty basic, but it may be relevant to some interests around here.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Renaissance Robot posted:

I'm a third of the way through and so far there is literally not a single track I even mildly dislike. Music team really pulled out everything for this one. Escape Pod and Davesprite are loving wonderful :dance:

Loved both of those, and the remix of "Even in Death" is making me so happy right now!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Walliard posted:

If J has my name I will be so disproportionately happy.

In other news, I made a utility for assigning appropriate artist metadata to Homestuck music. It's pretty basic, but it may be relevant to some interests around here.
I haven't tried this out yet but this is a great idea. What does it use to identify a file? I usually download FLAC versions for archiving and then re-encode back to mp3, so I assume those encoded files wouldn't work. Unless it's just using the track name or something.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Nate RFB posted:

I haven't tried this out yet but this is a great idea. What does it use to identify a file? I usually download FLAC versions for archiving and then re-encode back to mp3, so I assume those encoded files wouldn't work. Unless it's just using the track name or something.

It uses the track title metadata (with special cases for Frost and Light), so it should work if that was preserved between conversions.

Also, Heart and Mind hoodies are available now.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

DaveKap posted:

Edit: Nevermind what this post said before. I'm going to post all the avatars from this update at a later time but while I make them, I'll link them.
Please don't buy these until the thread is done using spoiler tags to talk about the flash.
I'm linking these so people can call dibs and no redundant effort is put in by other avatar makers.
Here's the first few.
http://i.imgur.com/FUyCY.gif
http://i.imgur.com/tG0Qz.gif
http://i.imgur.com/ooC8c.gif
http://i.imgur.com/1fk8g.gif Vogue!
http://i.imgur.com/BGBWD.gif And for those who don't want to be accused of being a furry http://i.imgur.com/kh7Ya.gif
Also, I made one that has already been called dibs on, it's like these other ones but of Rose so I'm not posting it since they already have the url on hand.
Ok that's all for tonight.
I call dibs on the Jade making a photograph one, ie 1fk8g

Saradiart fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Oct 25, 2011

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Walliard posted:

Wasn't Nepeta the Rogue of Heart?

Foreshadowing ahoy, we're going to see God Tier Nepeta and Equius! :woop:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Walliard posted:

It uses the track title metadata (with special cases for Frost and Light), so it should work if that was preserved between conversions.

Oh cool, guess we'll get to see the other symbols after all!

Wonder what Void and Hope will be.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Well that was basically the best thing ever. I don't have to words to talk about it but I was just resting my chin in my hands with a gigantic smile on my face throughout.

DaveKap posted:

Edit: Nevermind what this post said before. I'm going to post all the avatars from this update at a later time but while I make them, I'll link them.
Please don't buy these until the thread is done using spoiler tags to talk about the flash.
I'm linking these so people can call dibs and no redundant effort is put in by other avatar makers.
Here's the first few.
http://i.imgur.com/FUyCY.gif
http://i.imgur.com/tG0Qz.gif
http://i.imgur.com/ooC8c.gif
http://i.imgur.com/1fk8g.gif Vogue!
http://i.imgur.com/BGBWD.gif And for those who don't want to be accused of being a furry http://i.imgur.com/kh7Ya.gif
Also, I made one that has already been called dibs on, it's like these other ones but of Rose so I'm not posting it since they already have the url on hand.
Ok that's all for tonight.
I'm gonna call dibs on Dave (ooC8c) unless I've missed someone else calling it. Now I just need to think of a decent title to use, anyone got any ideas?

Oh god Heart and Mind hoodies, what the hell is this merchandise foreshadowing? (I really need to get one of the hoodies but I don't know which I want)

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Walliard posted:

Dear christ, the Heart hoodie is in my favorite color! I don't even like Nepeta that much!

I am pretty curious to see what Hope/Rage are going to be. I hope Life is a white hoodie, I always liked the imagining of it as white with a silver/gold symbol.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Ha, another thing, Doc shooting Snowman: Cueball sinking an 8-ball. There's a pile of something, here, and it doesn't stop from keeping on getting higher.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That was pretty good.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

Ha, another thing, Doc shooting Snowman: Cueball sinking an 8-ball. There's a pile of something, here, and it doesn't stop from keeping on getting higher.

Eh? I thought Spades shot Snowman.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Radio Paranoia posted:

The bullet is a tiny cueball.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh good, I was worried I was starting to understand a bit too much about what was happening.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

What was Sollux again? Mage of... gently caress I forget

OurLivesOnline
Nov 5, 2009

let's be friends

Starmaker posted:

Doom. Mage of Doom.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Starmaker posted:

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Starmaker posted:

Doom

Karkat - Knight of Blood
Terezi - Seer of Mind
Gamzee - Bard of Rage
Tavros - Page of Breath
Vriska - Thief of Light
Kanaya - Sylph of Space
Equius - Heir of Void
Aradia - Maid of Time
Nepeta - Rogue of Heart
Eridan - Prince of Hope
Feferi - Witch of Life

vv Thanks for the catch. Staying up all night due to Homestuck has its drawbacks.

Walliard fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Oct 25, 2011

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Walliard posted:

Aradia - Mage of Time

Aradia is Maid of Time, not Mage. But other than that yeah that's correct.

Also since Andrew is adding new hoodies to the store, I wonder what the Rage design in particular would look like.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Boneless Jogger posted:

Also since Andrew is adding new hoodies to the store, I wonder what the Rage design in particular would look like.

It's just a silhouette of Karkat.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Radio Paranoia posted:

Blarg that's what I meant to say.

Om another note, I loved Jade's Wicked Witch of the West slippers/socks, and how she gets red slippers and Rose gets blue.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
Just realized you can skip to certain parts of the flash from the first "EOA5" card thing instead of just hitting Play. Makes rewatching certain parts much easier.

Also, RIP, Aimless Renegade. You died the way you lived: Blowing poo poo up.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

Well what the hell does doom look like?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I just kind of skimmed the last 10 pages but I caught a couple of people speculating on the Outer Gods' motivations. They were complicit in delivering the Tumor, so either they're kind of evil or else just really dumb--either way, still not to be trusted.

of bees
Dec 28, 2009

Midnight Raider posted:

Postal Messiah. :kamina:

Also it's a pun. :rimshot:

I was thinking something more along the lines of Prototyped Messiah personally.

But hoooooly poo poo that flash was amazing. I'm glad it went up before I got up this morning, I got to watch it before I run off to work. Though now I'll be distracted at work. drat.

Anyway, I'm kind of hoping that all the God Tier hoodies get released pretty quick, if only to prevent speculations on who will go God Tier next in the comic based on what designs were released. Plus I really want to see all the other designs too.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Well a lot of things sure did just happen.

Only thing I don't understand is how Rose and Dave went godtier. Need to watch again.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
I can't wait until there are two god-tier daves. It's gotta happen!

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
S U C K E R S.

:tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Well, I haven't bought an album before but today I bought three.
Frog Forager sounds like it's straight out of Animal Crossing.
I don't know what I was expecting but it certainly wasn't S U C K E R S or everyone getting god tier. Scratch DEFINITELY confirmed for best character.
Does Dave going god mean that he also merged with Dave Sprite? Because we don't see the change we do with Jade.

Edit:

Renaissance Robot posted:

S U C K E R S.
There's no way that's not important. But does that mean The lying Scratch was the girl?

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Oct 25, 2011