Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Ominous Jazz posted:

Does Dave going god mean that he also merged with Dave Sprite? Because we don't see the change we do with Jade.
No, as they are two completely different/separate people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr I am a Doctor
Mar 3, 2011

by T. Finn
Oh god that was loving amazing. Dog tier Jade's face looks wonky as gently caress, though. AR and WV :(

Dr I am a Doctor fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Oct 25, 2011

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

Renaissance Robot posted:

S U C K E R S.

:tinfoil:

Welp, looks like I'm in for a new user title.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Still don't understand why Bec Noir exiled himself, don't know why he knew that'd take him to earth, don't know why he killed all the exiles (well okay besides he likes killing folks), don't know why he knew which device would take him to the troll session, don't know why he used it to go to the troll session and destroy everything there.

Basically, I can see what happened, and I know it had to happen, but I don't know why it happened.

Oh, and PM dragging WV's corpse with her is going to be relevant some how. Maybe... taking Jack's ring and putting it on him will bring him back to life? Maybe something else will? It seems odd she brought the corpse with her if it's not going to serve some sort of purpose.

At least the White King and White Queen were together again for a moment.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
So wait. Dog tier shrank the Lohac and brought it along through the fourth wall... The thing that contains the mechanism for resetting the universe and is either active or about to activate or something

What?

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Dolash posted:

Oh, and PM dragging WV's corpse with her is going to be relevant some how. Maybe... taking Jack's ring and putting it on him will bring him back to life? Maybe something else will? It seems odd she brought the corpse with her if it's not going to serve some sort of purpose.
It's calling back to when beta-jack teleported to Vriska with Karkat and Terezi in tow.
Fake edit: Are we still spoiling or is it assumed that we can talk freely

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Forer posted:

So wait. Dog tier shrank the Lohac and brought it along through the fourth wall... The thing that contains the mechanism for resetting the universe and is either active or about to activate or something

What?

That's an interesting observation, actually... I wonder if it needs to remain present to continue creating a scratch? I'd hope it is basically useless after the initial trigger.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Comic posted:

That's an interesting observation, actually... I wonder if it needs to remain present to continue creating a scratch? I'd hope it is basically useless after the initial trigger.

Actually I think the Beat Mesa was disconnected from LOHAC after the actual act of scratching.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Ominous Jazz posted:

It's calling back to when beta-jack teleported to Vriska with Karkat and Terezi in tow.
Fake edit: Are we still spoiling or is it assumed that we can talk freely

I know it's calling back to that, I mean what's going to come of it? Is it just a visual callback and his corpse will be disintegrated the moment Jack hops up his green lightning?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Dolash posted:

Still don't understand why Bec Noir exiled himself, don't know why he knew that'd take him to earth, don't know why he killed all the exiles (well okay besides he likes killing folks), don't know why he knew which device would take him to the troll session, don't know why he used it to go to the troll session and destroy everything there.

Basically, I can see what happened, and I know it had to happen, but I don't know why it happened.

At least the White King and White Queen were together again for a moment.
"Only he knows", but I'm going to guess that Jack simply knows a lot due to his First Guardian prototyping.

Forer posted:

What?
It seems to me that the scratch's activation doesn't necessarily directly affect the planet/session in question where it occurs, rather the effects will be transmitted directly to Bilious Slick. So the scratch goes down on mini-LOHAC, and elsewhere Bilious Slick is reset. I guess. If the scratch had gone down normally with all the planets still retained in their normal incipishere, as it did with the Trolls' ancestors, then the Sburb session and its planets and battlefield would have also been reset by virtue of still being tied to the universe.

Huitzil
May 25, 2010

by elpintogrande

Starmaker posted:

Well what the hell does doom look like?

The hoodie just has a map of E1M1 on it. There's a chip in the fabric that plays this when you press down on it.

Also I did not understand, like, fully 50% of what just happened in that flash.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Nate RFB posted:

"Only he knows", but I'm going to guess that Jack simply knows a lot due to his First Guardian prototyping.

That or the ring itself. The White Queen had all this poo poo figured out too.

For that matter, Jack was pretty much the highest-ranking member of the Derse hierarchy below the Queen, right? He might have some idea of how the Veil temples work anyhow. DD seemed to have some vague concept of what he was doing when he made Bec.

Cleretic posted:

Actually I think the Beat Mesa was disconnected from LOHAC after the actual act of scratching.

It kind of looked like it was levitating towards Skaia, so Jade might have caught it anyhow. The idea of Jade carrying around a universal reset button would open up a hell of a lot of interesting possibilities.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Gabriel Pope posted:

For that matter, Jack was pretty much the highest-ranking member of the Derse hierarchy below the Queen, right?

Third total. King =? Queen > Jack

annatar
Jan 14, 2007
hellol
Did the scratch actually scratch and does it matter? It seemed like Jack got there first with the Red Miles.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Huitzil posted:

The hoodie just has a map of E1M1 on it. There's a chip in the fabric that plays this when you press down on it.

I'd buy it

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

It doesn't matter how long I live, I will never have a hat as dashing as this.

Forer posted:

What?

The Beat Mesa detatched and was headed for Skaia, it wasn't on LOHAC anymore by that time.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
T-T-T-TRIPLE GOD TIER COMBO!!! I guess underneath the hate and murder and universal genocide, Jack is still a good dog :3: Also RIP AR, WK, WQ, and WV...

I am satisfied in every way by this update. Every single way. Oh god what a way to start my morning.

e. also also dog tier Jade is the best god tier

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I thought the scratch had actually happened, and that view of the comic rewinding all the way back to the first page was meant to symbolise the universe resetting.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

DD noooooo :negative:

Do we really need to spoiler anything? I can't speak for others but I know I stayed away from this thread like it was radioactive until I checked to see if MSPA updated.

Speaking of radioactivity WV sure got... um. Punched through the stomach. And WK literally lived for like 10 seconds after millions and millions of years of sitting in that pod with a wizard book written by a thirteen year old. I think he is the true unsung tragic figure of Homestuck.

The reveal that the Tumor wasn't a bomb at all, but an ectobiology lab containing two whole universes was great. I'm not sure what emotion the close up shots of Dave and Rose were supposed convey but "oh drat" is pretty appropriate.

Speaking of the shots done by other artists, maybe it's me but drat I don't think anyone has been able to draw Bec Noir without him looking really goofy. Hussie makes him look like a cartoon and that kind of works though he still looks really clunky and odd. But the other art of him just looks... not good.

And it looks like we know how Sollux is going to die. Dude is breaking apart. And he's been reduced to being a psychic engine. His ancestor can relate.

Mr. Pumroy fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 25, 2011

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Haha, I just noticed when Gamzee's talking to Scratch, the top of his chat client says "trolling: ????????" with alternating "upper/lowercase" question marks.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

So why didn't Dave become a bird? Is it something weird with how Derse God Tier works? :psyduck:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I am a little disappointed we didn't get to see the battle between DD and Dave/Rose.

Chunky12345 posted:

So why didn't Dave become a bird? Is it something weird with how Derse God Tier works? :psyduck:
Why would he? Jadesprite is Jade's actual dreamself, but Davesprite is a completely independent individual from Alpha Dave.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!
So who else votes that WV has died in his quest town and should ascend to mayor-tier?

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Chunky12345 posted:

I'd guess it's because Davesprite isn't dream or real Dave, he's a Dave from a doomed timeline. Jadesprite is her dead dreamself.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Nate RFB posted:

I am a little disappointed we didn't get to see the battle between DD and Dave/Rose.

Like I said earlier, this is the perfect revenge for the way he chumpstabbed a beta Dave a long time ago. :colbert:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Boneless Jogger posted:

I'd guess it's because Davesprite isn't dream or real Dave, he's a Dave from a doomed timeline. Jadesprite is her dead dreamself.

...right. Hurr.

Skepsist
Oct 22, 2011

by Fistgrrl
Does this mean there are two green suns now?

MidnightSun
Feb 15, 2011

I am Truthless
As well as assuming we are officially out of spoiler mode (seeing how Megaupload has stabilized and it's your own drat fault for not watching the flash first), I was wondering if anyone shared a bit of speculation with me. It being that those who have a sprite form present within them by some method retain their sprite knowledge and some of their powers. It never occurred to me with Frog Aradia, as she jumped into a robot body and stayed like that for a long time. However, Dog Tier bears clear signs of having Jade Sprite merged with Jade's dead dream self. Aradia never stopped being all creepy with her knowledge about the game, so it's a possibility.

Oh, and I've been calling PM Postal Matriarch, because she's gonna go postal on Jack! :downswords: Also, glad to see that Newgrounds fixed the tank so fast. I would have started feeling bad, along with Hussie, if it had taken longer.

edit: Also, the new album is pretty sweet! Great job again, music team!

MidnightSun fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 25, 2011

Ainsworth
Dec 5, 2008

:fry::burger:
Am I the only one who saw Andrew hussie when you first see God tier Dave?

Skepsist
Oct 22, 2011

by Fistgrrl
Oh god, the next page will be an introduction to a 13-year-old present day Nanna, and Dad will be her dad.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Dammit radiation I just spent $10 on what I assumed would have Spider's Claw in it!! :argh: Now I only have the rest of Vol 8 to listen to!! :v:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Skepsist posted:

Does this mean there are two green suns now?

No, Dave and Rose just created the first and only green sun (or at least the only one for these universes? unclear if it's a multiversal thing or what.)~Time shenanigans~

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

Radio Paranoia posted:

Wasn't Nepeta the Rogue of Heart?

Foreshadowing ahoy, we're going to see God Tier Nepeta and Equius! :woop:

If I was gonna guess, I would say just Nepeta, since she had all the foreshadowing with Jaspers as well as not appearing with DEAD next to her, which Equius did.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Quite enjoying this album. Still only halfway through and some promising titles yet to come!

Gabriel Pope posted:

No, Dave and Rose just created the first and only green sun (or at least the only one for these universes? unclear if it's a multiversal thing or what.)~Time shenanigans~

Also: The sun already existed when Aradia got there, which means that Dave and Rose took some time to get out of there. I guess it makes sense that they wouldn't get out of an explosion the size of two universes all that quickly, but I wonder exactly how long it took and whether Dave's powers helped subjectively shorten the trip or anything.

haruspex posted:

If I was gonna guess, I would say just Nepeta, since she had all the foreshadowing with Jaspers as well as not appearing with DEAD next to her, which Equius did.

The ???s could also simply mean "if there were god tier characters for these elements, this is what their symbols and colours would be". Alternatively, of course: the reset session's players needn't have the same titles as before...

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Oct 25, 2011

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

haruspex posted:

Counterpoint: Kanaya and Jade both had "Dead" tagged next to them as well and look how they turned out.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
I just checked Skaianet Imageboard and there's already accurate-to-a-T fanart of dogtier Jade from several people :psyduck: Go to bed you maniacs!

e: I know that people are fully capable of doing great fanart in the span of 1-2 hours, but what the hell :psyduck: My lack of productivity in comparison is shameful

e2: oh, I've also neglected to check and see how many of them are actually members of the art team. That could explain a few of them.

Mr. D Bewildering fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 25, 2011

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Having avoided the previous thread for a long time from lack of updates/laziness, I return to MSPA to see that hey, it still owns the internet. All of it. Also the new album is fantastic.

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

CidGregor posted:

Counterpoint: Kanaya and Jade both had "Dead" tagged next to them as well and look how they turned out.

This just makes me hope for Rainbow Drinker Nepeta.

Sorry, I mean Rainbow Drinker God Tier Nepeta. That's why she's the Rogue of bloodpusher Heart, you guys.

voltroon fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 25, 2011

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Skepsist posted:

Oh god, the next page will be an introduction to a 13-year-old present day Nanna, and Dad will be her dad.

The entire world will be nearly unrecognisable, ridiculously warmongering and violent, with the new kids being perhaps the only bastions of anything remotely resembling peace we'll ever see.

Except for Dad. Who will be exactly the same loving father.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

I just checked Skaianet Imageboard and there's already accurate-to-a-T fanart of dogtier Jade from several people :psyduck: Go to bed you maniacs!

e: I know that people are fully capable of doing great fanart in the span of 1-2 hours, but what the hell :psyduck: My lack of productivity in comparison is shameful

e2: oh, I've also neglected to check and see how many of them are actually members of the art team. That could explain a few of them.

I think the only contributor who had any advance notice of that plot development was Lexxy.

She mentioned she had a particularly super-secret asset and I figured it had to be a dramatic shot of a female character. Sadly that character was not Vriska.