Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Mom would more likely be Mind, out of those two, what with her effortless mastery of passive-aggressive mind games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Hussie did say a while back that he'd show what the design for God Tiers that don't show up in the actual comic would look like. Putting them in the store is apparently how he's going to show them.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
I'm glad I went to bed at a reasonable time last night, it must have been torture trying to get the flash to play while Newgrounds couldn't handle all the desperate homestuck fans. I think the one thing that came the most out of left field was Jack hopping into the frog temple to reappear on earth right after the white king popped out. I really thought he was around for more than ten seconds and how did Jack even know to do that anyway?

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

creationist believer posted:

Hussie did say a while back that he'd show what the design for God Tiers that don't show up in the actual comic would look like. Putting them in the store is apparently how he's going to show them.

After seeing your avatar my new theory is that it's bro. The Steed of heart.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

creationist believer posted:

It's impossible to know if that's a ruse or not though. It's almost as if it's ultimately impossible to use the store and its contents to predict the comic due to Hussie being involved.

Almost as if.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

David Copperfield posted:

So, uh, Why are there extra God Tier designs in the store?

For Terezi and Nepeta's titles?

all the missing spaces in the store basically spoiled the godtier part of the flash for me

Andrew said that regardless of whether they'll appear in the comic or not, there will be God Tier clothes for every title eventually. It doesn't automatically mean they will appear in the comic, though there is a possibility some will.

Edit: I was an idiot and forgot to refresh before posting this, so people have already answered this. :hurr:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Rooreelooo posted:

Something I haven't seen speculated on yet in this thread: what was the giant monster that john kills in one hit right in the beginning of the flash? when I first saw it i thought it was hephaestus, but then it makes no sense for john to kill him because jade promised she'd take him with her to the post-scratch universe, and then she did just that. Was it just a giant enemy of a sort that hasn't been seen yet?

That's the Lich Queen, I made her up when Andrew asked me to draw monsters. I guess she's a big bad version of the liches we've seen.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
I got excited when PM put the ring on, because that means she's inherited everything that Bec Noir has including Becquerel's unshakable loyalty to Jade. Meaning that if PM survives her encounter with Noir, then Jade, on top of her god-powers, might have a boss-level monster at her beck and call!

Then I remembered... Prospit always loses to Derse. :smith:

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Rasamune posted:

I dunno, PM is pretty loving badass. Remember that she managed to wreck Hegemonic Brute's poo poo, just using that diddly sword Jack hands out to everybody. On the other hand, Jack is basically the best killing machine Derse has without the Ring, so...

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Black Numenorean posted:

check_thii2_2hiit_out.~ATH

If this means what I think it does, the majority of the kids' problems RE: Karkat being terrible and ruining everything forever are over. Maybe.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I can't listen to this album until after work but I've updated the terrible music sperg spreadsheet.

Didn't put Cascade in there because it's by goddamn everyone. Instead I just listed Cascade (Beta) under Tensei and figured that ought to do it since everything else is from tracks already cited under their respective artists.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
I find it somewhat interesting that god tier Dave and Rose resemble their guardians so strongly, particularly Rose. Also, wild speculation. God tier Aradia is actually the Handmaid (suckers) and real Aradia did, in fact, blow up.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Rasamune posted:

I got excited when PM put the ring on, because that means she's inherited everything that Bec Noir has including Becquerel's unshakable loyalty to Jade. Meaning that if PM survives her encounter with Noir, then Jade, on top of her god-powers, might have a boss-level monster at her beck and call!

But PM has Serenity helping her! Jack has no firefly, so he's doomed.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Saradiart posted:

I find it somewhat interesting that god tier Dave and Rose resemble their guardians so strongly, particularly Rose. Also, wild speculation. God tier Aradia is actually the Handmaid (suckers) and real Aradia did, in fact, blow up.

Now that wouldn't make any sense!

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Gally posted:

But PM has Serenity helping her! Jack has no firefly, so he's doomed.

How unfortunate then, that Serenity is actually Lord English.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Daius posted:

How unfortunate then, that Serenity is actually Lord English.

--. --- -.. -.. .- .- -- -. -. -. -. -. -.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 25, 2011

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

There are no words to describe this flash adequately. It's a modern masterpiece, something I think people will be watching for a long time. I didn't expect ANY of the stuff that happened, aside from the things that were a foregone conclusion already like the universe destruction(s) and all that. And both the technical and art quality... just stunning. It's clear why this took so long to make. This is easily, without a doubt, the best thing I've ever seen on the internet.

What also blows me away so much is going back and rereading from the start. Just look at Act 1, and then look at this. We went from John loving up his room with his sylladex to this. It's just incredible how far this story has gone and how much has changed.

This flash made me really glad I got that Space hoodie a couple weeks ago! And now Volume 8 is out? God drat, what a bundle of awesome. Can't wait for this nearly 1GB music download to finish so I can start listening to it all.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Hahaha, I hadn't checked all the track art for the album yet- glad to see that Ocean Stars Falling continues the saga of the Squiddle Girlz Squad.

Vateke
Jun 29, 2010

Rooreelooo posted:

Something I haven't seen speculated on yet in this thread: what was the giant monster that john kills in one hit right in the beginning of the flash? when I first saw it i thought it was hephaestus, but then it makes no sense for john to kill him because jade promised she'd take him with her to the post-scratch universe, and then she did just that. Was it just a giant enemy of a sort that hasn't been seen yet?

Also I don't think the new hoodies mean we'll see a cat tier nepeta. If the four guardians become the new players of the post-scratch world, then they're gonna need mythological titles to fit their new roles. The ______ of heart could refer to nanna, or maybe even mom.

I'm pretty sure he just intends to release a hoodie for every aspect, and that it's not foreshadowing at all.

Huitzil
May 25, 2010

by elpintogrande

Gabriel Pope posted:

No, Dave and Rose just created the first and only green sun (or at least the only one for these universes? unclear if it's a multiversal thing or what.)~Time shenanigans~

Is THAT what happened? I seriously had no clue what any of that was.

Also gently caress everyone including time and space itself I want God Tier Nepeta and I want it NOW.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I just finished watching the flash and I think I need a Homestuck avatar again. :ohdear:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

That was crazy awesome. That one moment where the flash window starts to expand literally blew my mind.

I'm dying to find out where Jade and John went. There was a ton of stuff in that flash that I have either forgotten or just plain did not get. At any rate i'm going to read through Act 5 Act 2 again. I don't remember this "deal with Echidna" that Jade made at all.

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.
This is a really impressive webcomic. My wife has been slowly reading through the archives and just got to Hivebent, and I'm not really sure how to not talk about this! Far and away the most genuinely interesting and engaging development in a serial webcomic in forever.

I do agree with Hussie though, the medium is the message for this particular update and a video wouldn't be the same.

frest fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 25, 2011

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I'm dying to find out where Jade and John went. There was a ton of stuff in that flash that I have either forgotten or just plain did not get. At any rate i'm going to read through Act 5 Act 2 again. I don't remember this "deal with Echidna" that Jade made at all.

You could probably get by just reading the Scratch intermission; it's where the deal was mentioned.

FutureSushi posted:

This is a really great idea! I usually do it manually, though one thing I've done before is leave things with multiple artists or ambiguous levels of contributions tagged as "Homestuck" and I'm interested to see how you handled it.

Generally I went with however they're credited on Bandcamp, or on Jit's master list. Songs that directly credited multiple artists got the artists' names separated by slashes since that's apparently standard, but songs that were remixed generally only credit the arranging artist. It's not perfect and generally results in a few contradictions, but it lets you easily listen to all the tracks of a given artist (I recommend Malcolm Brown) so I consider it useful enough.

Walliard fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 25, 2011

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

I don't remember this "deal with Echidna" that Jade made at all.

It was in the tail end of the picture-sets in the scratch section. Jade talks about it to Karkat and at the same time Davesprite discusses it from his perspective (as in with regard to Hephaestus) with Jadesprite.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Huitzil posted:

To be precise, the bomb that made the green sun? It was fueled by the simultaneous deaths of both universes.

Aside from wherever Jade escaped to beyond the fourth wall (possibly the past?), all that's really left of anything now is the trolls (en-route), Dave, Rose and the Green Sun out beyond the furthest rings.

poo poo just got a whole new kind of real.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Huitzil posted:

Also gently caress everyone including time and space itself I want God Tier Nepeta and I want it NOW.

Yes. Causality is weird like that. Time and Space are functions of each other and when you get into areas beyond the physical universe where the Horror Terrors dwell and said concepts are semi-decoupled, it gets a little weird. Rose and Dave arrived at the location the Green Sun WOULD be long before Aradia, and by carrying the Tumor containing their twin-linked twin-doomed universes there...the death of those two universes simultaneously in the same location was the spark that lit the Green Sun.

Evidently.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, I don't think anyone did, but if you mouse over and click the little coloured "act dots" on the Play button screen of [S] Cascade, you can jump to the different parts of the animation. Kind of handy if you just wanted to rewatch a specific segment.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Too many pages to read! Too much flash to take in at once! And all of it is good. Aradia is totally going to turn on everyone once they're gathered together. Which is why Jade and John aren't meeting up with them just yet!

Also, the Mind hoodie was ordered the moment I saw that it was up. I like the colors on the Heart hoodie, but there's no way I could wear that without inviting some awkward conversations.

Edit: whoops

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 25, 2011

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

oh yeah huh that's a pretty good flash I guess but more importantly why the gently caress is spider's claw not in album 8? I guess ill just have to settle for all these other awesome songs instead.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Waterhaul posted:

Now that there's been an update to the webcomic it's a great time for everyone to get a refresher on the THE RULES.

Remember if it's not an actual spoiler for as of yet unreleased material don't use spoiler code, you'll be probated! This goes doubly so for making dumb jokes!

Low content posting is still a no go. So posts like Update!!!! Oh poo poo oh poo poo and other such posts that add nothing to a conversation will also result in probation!

Reminder folks.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Thundarr posted:

Too many pages to read! Too much flash to take in at once! And all of it is good. Aradia is totally going to turn on everyone once they're gathered together. Which is why Jade and John aren't meeting up with them just yet!

You might want to not use spoiler tags for things that aren't spoilers. :ssh:

I find it somewhat interesting to note that both groups of Prospit and Derse dreamers are segregated from each other right now (Sollux, having a dreamself on both planets, is present with both groups), possibly lending credence to the theory that the Derse dreamers hanging out at the Green Sun are going to join team English, and Jade's going to rendezvous with the Prospit trolls to confront them for the ULTIMATE PROSPIT VS. DERSE DANCE-OFF.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

The Green Sun timeline isn't really that complicated. It goes:

Dave and Rose arrive with Tumor -> Tumor explodes, creating Green Sun -> Aradia and Sollux arrive -> Rose and Dave emerge from the Green Sun as God Tier.

Also, the little ectobiology callback there (being green and all) was funny. And the bits about the Green Sun being "twice the mass of our universe." And 1025 being the sum of 612 + 413. HUSSIEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm not sure it's safe to say yet what kind of time shenanigans are involved here since the Green Sun doesn't actually appear to be what or where we thought it was initially.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Tengames posted:

oh yeah huh that's a pretty good flash I guess but more importantly why the gently caress is spider's claw not in album 8? I guess ill just have to settle for all these other awesome songs instead.
Hey, I'm still waiting for Gardener...

*suddenly has a brainwave* It'll be on the new Vols 1-4 album, won't it.

*checks* Yep. And I already have those four albums. Well, there's a dilemma.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 25, 2011

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Dominic White posted:

To be precise, the bomb that made the green sun? It was fueled by the simultaneous deaths of both universes.

Aside from wherever Jade escaped to beyond the fourth wall (possibly the past?), all that's really left of anything now is the trolls (en-route), Dave, Rose and the Green Sun out beyond the furthest rings.

poo poo just got a whole new kind of real.

I could be wrong but I think that the death of the troll and kid universe doesn't mean that the respective Incipispheres are gone. Although the kid Incipisphere is scratching and who knows what's going to happen with that.

Has anyone besides me tried to decode if there's a hidden message in the next page links for the new updates?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

CidGregor posted:

It was in the tail end of the picture-sets in the scratch section. Jade talks about it to Karkat and at the same time Davesprite discusses it from his perspective (as in with regard to Hephaestus) with Jadesprite.

It seems the long hiatus has shoved all of this stuff out of my head. I remember bits of the Scratch intermission, but I barely remember anything that happened before it.

Am I crazy or did the flash just skip some things?
How did John get to Lohac?

When did Jade make the frog/billiard thing?

When did Rose and Dave fight DD?

Why are the exiles blowing up the labs?(this part of the flash in particular confused the hell out of me)

Again, i'm not expecting answers to these, it's all just me and my terrible memory. I can accept it if these events haven't been addressed in the story yet. I just want to make sure I'm not forgetting anything I should know.

Other than that, the flash was incredible and everything else made sense....sort of.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

So. Uh. Wow. That was certainly a thing. An amazing, wonderful thing. And of course I didn't understand all of it. Stupid questions ahoy!

1. The apple, cork, head and egg sprouted from the kids' medium-entry objects, right? So they're part of Sburb itself, not technology developed by the guardians or anything. But then why can they be used to move from the kids' universe to the trolls' universe?

2. I can just about wrap my head around the weird time poo poo required for Dave and Rose to create the green sun. But what actually was the tumor? It's clearly not just a big bomb and a standard feature of null sessions, because it linked to both the kids' and the trolls' universes.

3. How does the ~ATH code Karkat ran fit into all this? Did it somehow create the green sun when the universes were destroyed? This seems like it would fit with him failing to run the virus causing a doomed timeline.

4. How did PM get to the trolls' universe? Did she just use the same machine as Jack - and if so why did she get there so much later?

5. Why did Karkat lose contact with Jade before the start of the critical moment?

Also holy poo poo the new album is amazing. Ten songs in and they're all gold! (Davesprite feels really Sonic-ish, and this is a good thing. :3:)

KoB
May 1, 2009

It seems the long hiatus has shoved all of this stuff out of my head. I remember bits of the Scratch intermission, but I barely remember anything that happened before it.

Why are the exiles blowing up the labs?(this part of the flash in particular confused the hell out of me)

Again, i'm not expecting answers to these, it's all just me and my terrible memory. I can accept it if these events haven't been addressed in the story yet. I just want to make sure I'm not forgetting anything I should know.

Other than that, the flash was incredible and everything else made sense....sort of.

John Windy-Thing'd from Battlefield to LOHAC after getting the needles from Rose. Theres a bit where John is talking to someone (I forget who) and they tell him to just stay put on LOHAC instead of helping Jade, I think.
They just skipped over DD 'cause hes a chump for Dave now. Basically the opposite from the very beginning when Dave was killed by him.

KoB fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 25, 2011

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Because the White Queen wanted them to do it, in order to stop stuff like what Jack ended up doing from happening.

And then it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

While talking to Karkat. It was from Karkat's perspective, so it appeared to happen instantaneously aka Andrew didn't have to draw that bit.

quote:

She made it during her conversation with Kanaya when she first learned about breeding frogs.

quote:

DD stabbed Dave awake while he was chilling with Rose in a dream bubble, then Dave woke up and flew off to fight him. Which happened offstage.

quote:

It was the White Queen's idea. The reason was never explicitly stated, but you can infer that they were attempting to destroy Jack's route to the Troll session, since that was his main goal upon reaching Earth. He rode a meteor there, then used the equipment in one of the labs to transport to the trolls right when they were about to win the game. It's not clear if the queen knew this, but if she intended to defend the planet then it makes sense, since Jack needed to get outside of the universe in order to kill it.