Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Poor white king. Spends an eternity waiting around with nothing to read but a badly written book, only to get killed the moment he comes out. Now if he has a dreambubble afterlife it would probably consist of him reliving memories of that eternity spent reading a lovely book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Tengames posted:

Poor white king. Spends an eternity waiting around with nothing to read but a badly written book, only to get killed the moment he comes out. Now if he has a dreambubble afterlife it would probably consist of him reliving memories of that eternity spent reading a lovely book.

At least he saw his wife one last time before he died :unsmith:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Mr. Pumroy posted:

While talking to Karkat. It was from Karkat's perspective, so it appeared to happen instantaneously aka Andrew didn't have to draw that bit.

She made it during her conversation with Kanaya when she first learned about breeding frogs.

DD stabbed Dave awake while he was chilling with Rose in a dream bubble, then Dave woke up and flew off to fight him. Which happened offstage.

It was the White Queen's idea. The reason was never explicitly stated, but you can infer that they were attempting to destroy Jack's route to the Troll session, since that was his main goal upon reaching Earth. He rode a meteor there, then used the equipment in one of the labs to transport to the trolls right when they were about to win the game. It's not clear if the queen knew this, but if she intended to defend the planet then it makes sense, since Jack needed to get outside of the universe in order to kill it.

Well that clears all that up I guess. I'm going to have to read back over those updates, none of it sounds familiar.

Return to your homes, everyone. Nothing to see here.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, WK definitely got the short end of the (yellow yard) stick. I would not wish an eternity of nothing but 13-year-old-authored wizard slash upon anyone.

Zutaten posted:

I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, I don't think anyone did, but if you mouse over and click the little coloured "act dots" on the Play button screen of [S] Cascade, you can jump to the different parts of the animation. Kind of handy if you just wanted to rewatch a specific segment.
That's really useful, thanks!

It felt much more fitting for PM to end up Jack's counterpart instead of WV (also because of Mailcarrier vs Dog). WV may have once led an army, but PM's the far more badass solo fighter, and she owes Jack so much pain for what their deal forced her to surrender, and is now fully the new white queen. Also-

MrBims posted:

I am ambivalent about the way one of my predictions and favorite pieces of fanart came true.

:aaaaa:

As an aside, AR starting to blow up the exile stations, even with his hands shaking uncontrollably by the penultimate one, to direction Jack's attention away from PM was adorable. :unsmith:

The full suit of God Tier kids does clarify that the wings/no wings thing is a trolls vs humans thing, instead of possibly God Tier sexual dimorphism ala The Dark Crystal gelflings.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Zutaten posted:

I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, I don't think anyone did, but if you mouse over and click the little coloured "act dots" on the Play button screen of [S] Cascade, you can jump to the different parts of the animation. Kind of handy if you just wanted to rewatch a specific segment.

The thing I like about the scene selection is that I'm pretty sure they indicate what universe the scenes take place in. The red dots correspond to scenes in the kid's session, the blue to the troll's session, the green to the felt, and the white to Doc Scratch/Jade breaking everything.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Waffnuffly posted:

There are no words to describe this flash adequately. It's a modern masterpiece, something I think people will be watching for a long time. I didn't expect ANY of the stuff that happened, aside from the things that were a foregone conclusion already like the universe destruction(s) and all that. And both the technical and art quality... just stunning. It's clear why this took so long to make. This is easily, without a doubt, the best thing I've ever seen on the internet.

I think you may be overselling it a bit here.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
oh I just remembered this flash was supposed to arrive today.
It was cool, but those clouds with weird transparency sticked out like a sore thumb. Other than that, it was cool but, as always, confusing. Can't wait to see what's up with Bec Blanc.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Dog vs. postal worker was foreshadowed here.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
Flash is back on in-website. For me at least. Newgrounds seems to be un-broken for the time being.

jvempire
May 10, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

I would say so too, but I would assume diehard Homestuck fans may actually have their heart stop from watching this.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Wow, that was certainly a loving amazing flash. Remember when everybody thought the idea of a 10-minute flash was ludicrous?

I was a bit ambivalent about some of the art in it, some of it didn't really seem to fit, but a lot of it did.

Really, really good.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

And we get one more final teaser EOA panel. I really hope there won't be another hiatus. I was just starting to re-catch-up.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Welp, the curtains have officially closed on Act 5. Holy poo poo, it's kind of weird to consider that it's finally over. It was certainly one mammoth of an act.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Volume 8 is fantastic so far, and the art included is also really good. I can't believe how big it is!

kidcoelacanth posted:

No, not really. There's a lot of good reasons to regard this story very highly. Maybe I'm biased because it's my favorite story of all time (so far), and I've been waiting a month like most people to see this flash and it totally blew away my expectations, but I definitely do think it's something that will be regarded as a classic in a few decades or so. Maybe not a mainstream classic, but definitely something really special in its own class of works (which, so far, is very small).

I dunno, it's kinda hard to explain, but probably not worth going into detail over!

Buff Skeleton fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 25, 2011

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Walliard posted:

Dog vs. postal worker was foreshadowed here.

But wait. If dogs hate postal workers, does that mean PM is going to go insane from the internal conflict now? :ohdear:

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
Wait a minute... I just realized something

After the scene with jade when jack uses the red miles, he has that bloody hand of his. It then cuts to the planet and the arming of the eggstation and etc. with the red miles going on.

Bluh?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Forer posted:

Wait a minute... I just realized something

After the scene with jade when jack uses the red miles, he has that bloody hand of his. It then cuts to the planet and the arming of the eggstation and etc. with the red miles going on.

Bluh?

Time shenanigans allow many things to occur simultaneously.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Red Miles using Jack is in the troll incinisphere and sees the frog the trolls made and shoots red miles into that.

It then cuts back to when Jack kill the exiles and actually gets the bloodstain on his hand before going into the troll incinisphere.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
I just realized that the flash contained a shot that was actually the cover of Homestuck Vol. 7.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
He used the red miles on the universe itself (Bilious Slick). The red miles you see is the universe being destroyed.

E:f,b

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Waffnuffly posted:

Volume 8 is fantastic so far, and the art included is also really good. I can't believe how big it is!

No, not really. There's a lot of good reasons to regard this story very highly. Maybe I'm biased because it's my favorite story of all time (so far), and I've been waiting a month like most people to see this flash and it totally blew away my expectations, but I definitely do think it's something that will be regarded as a classic in a few decades or so. Maybe not a mainstream classic, but definitely something really special in its own class of works (which, so far, is very small).

I dunno, it's kinda hard to explain, but probably not worth going into detail over!

Well for me, the flash was just plain overwhelming. Not helped by the fact that I had been going cold turkey on Homestuck related anything for the last few months. Then again, the flash was always going to be amazing, given the hype it got.

I would give this flash an A+. Great effort. WouldWill watch againseveral times.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hussie once said something to the effect of "I consider Act 5 to be THE BIG MOTHERFUCKER OF HOMESTUCK".

The man has a way with words, but even that seems woefully inadequate.

MidnightSun
Feb 15, 2011

I am Truthless
Something I just noticed, don;t know how it escaped me before: Jade only brought herself and John through the fourth wall. Rose and Dave remain probably so they can fight Aradia. If we are really met with a new/reset/ancestor-flipped universe, as seems the case, what will become of our Seer and Knight? I somehow doubt they're simply going to become obsolete, an epic end to lives lost in a beta universe.

MidnightSun fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jan 18, 2012

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
BTW I would just like to chime in again and say that I adore the barbershop rendition of "I'm a Member of the Midnight Crew" on the new album. :)

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Some Strange Flea posted:

There's four bonus tracks as well though!

Also I got a track called null that was just around 8 seconds of silence so it could also have been that!
That's the one I meant. And it's not silent. Just very quiet. :ssh:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

MidnightSun posted:

Something I just noticed, don;t know how it escaped me before: Jade only brought herself and John through the fourth wall. Rose and Dave remain probably so they can fight Aradia. If we are really met with a new/reset/ancestor-flipped universe, as seems the case, what will become of our Seer and Knight? I somehow doubt they're simply going to become obsolete, an epic end to lives lost in a beta universe.

Rose and Dave are already out of the session, otherwise they wouldn't be with Sollux and Aradia, they are fine. John and Jade are likely zooming there to join them.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

MidnightSun posted:

They can get there from the Furthest Ring. It connects literally everything.

Also, we've got some serious curtainception going on here.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Goddamn. I just got into Homestuck around the same time the hiatus for this update started, and it was definitely well worth the wait. So much great art and music, and so much going on. I especially liked the detail of Spade Slick's bullet actually being a cue ball and "sinking" Snowman.

Also,

Huitzil posted:

The hoodie just has a map of E1M1 on it. There's a chip in the fabric that plays this when you press down on it.

I would buy the unholy poo poo out of this.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

In the part where it shows Sollux psychicing the hell out of the Trolls meteor, which Sollux is doing it?

I guessed it was the one on the meteor with the others since it shows dreamy-Sollux hanging with the GT's at the end and he looks perfectly fine, but i'm still not sure. On my first viewing, I thought it was the dreamy-Sollux pulling the meteor towards himself.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

In the part where it shows Sollux psychicing the hell out of the Trolls meteor, which Sollux is doing it?

I guessed it was the one on the meteor with the others since it shows dreamy-Sollux hanging with the GT's at the end and he looks perfectly fine, but i'm still not sure. On my first viewing, I thought it was the dreamy-Sollux pulling the meteor towards himself.

Sollux half dies(or something) getting the meteor over there, resulting in weird half dream half alive Sollux hanging out with Aradia later.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I'm not getting this Aradia is evil vibe that everyone else is, did I miss something?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mr. Pumroy posted:

It was the White Queen's idea. The reason was never explicitly stated, but you can infer that they were attempting to destroy Jack's route to the Troll session, since that was his main goal upon reaching Earth. He rode a meteor there, then used the equipment in one of the labs to transport to the trolls right when they were about to win the game.
That reminds me...why exactly did Jack want to go to the Troll's session? Did we ever get a reason for that?

quote:

It's not clear if the queen knew this, but if she intended to defend the planet then it makes sense, since Jack needed to get outside of the universe in order to kill it.
Well, her role (and that of the rest of the Exiles) was supposed to be repopulating Earth (or preparing it for repopulation, I forget which). I'd imagine that'd be easier with the psycho-god trapped in another universe.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

OmegaZultan posted:

Red Miles using Jack is in the troll incinisphere and sees the frog the trolls made and shoots red miles into that.

It then cuts back to when Jack kill the exiles and actually gets the bloodstain on his hand before going into the troll incinisphere.

I would agree with you but I have an issue with that

And as I got that picture I realized what happened, Jack AFTER going on the whole "kill aradiabots" rampage did red miles. so the progression goes "jack gets his stabs on WV and the likes and goes to troll universe and does a lot of things and then red miles."

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Alive Sollux. He's wearing Fef's goggles.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

OmegaZultan posted:

Sollux half dies(or something) getting the meteor over there, resulting in weird half dream half alive Sollux hanging out with Aradia later.

Wait, weren't there two Sollux's? I thought all the stuff post-Green Sun creation was happening all at once.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Do we have any indication as to where Sollux is taking the meteor?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Evil Mastermind posted:

Well, her role (and that of the rest of the Exiles) was supposed to be repopulating Earth (or preparing it for repopulation, I forget which). I'd imagine that'd be easier with the psycho-god trapped in another universe.

Not when trapping him in said universe gives him direct physical access to the entirety of your own.

I think the plan was "blow up the gates, kill Jack Noir here, then rebuild". Of course, it didn't come even close to working.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

The Green Sun, presumably, to meet with God Tier Aradia and his dream bubble self.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Mr. Lobe posted:

they point to the giant green flash of light in the sky and then sollux psychic's the meteor, it's assumed he's taking them to the green sun

Edit: Dammit, beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Forer posted:

they point to the giant green flash of light in the sky and then sollux psychic's the meteor, it's assumed he's taking them to the green sun

Edit: Dammit, beaten

There are a few shots towards the end (I want to say the PM vs. Jack showdown) where the background actually has the visible yellow trail from the meteor streaking across the sky towards the sun. No assumption necessary, that's where he's going.