Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Jack Noir art, pictured some posts above screencapped on the previous page, used in the "Jack begins to kill the Exiles" sequence, is really janky and lovely.

With that aside, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!! Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Dr Snofeld posted:

I'm not getting this Aradia is evil vibe that everyone else is, did I miss something?

At the end of the Doc Scratch interlude, we learn that Aradia (or possibly her ancestor) is Lord English's Handmaid and herald. Now that the sequence of events needed to summon LE are presumably complete, the kids and trolls are threats to be eliminated!

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Thundarr posted:

At the end of the Doc Scratch interlude, we learn that Aradia (or possibly her ancestor) is Lord English's Handmaid and herald. Now that the sequence of events needed to summon LE are presumably complete, the kids and trolls are threats to be eliminated!

I read it as being her ancestor, and not Aradia herself, so that's what threw me off.

Also why are you taking so goddamn long to download album, 37kb/s what the gently caress.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

The Jack Noir art, pictured some posts above screencapped on the previous page, used in the "Jack begins to kill the Exiles" sequence, is really janky and lovely.

With that aside, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!! Wow.

You're just jealous because vriska's still dead!

Actually I thought (and still do think) the same thing too when I saw it, and the closeups during the stabs, Maybe I'm just jealous that nepeta's still dead?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dr Snofeld posted:

I'm not getting this Aradia is evil vibe that everyone else is, did I miss something?

I think it's partially because the look she has when Rose and Dave come out of the meteor is a little :smug: and sinister-looking, and partially because of what we just learned regarding her ancestor and her role as a servant of Lord English.

Basically, we're scared that Aradia, Dave and Rose might now be chumps for Lord English. I sorta doubt that, I more think that Lord English might use TIME CLONES of the dead trolls and guardians or whatever at some point, though.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Evil Mastermind posted:

That reminds me...why exactly did Jack want to go to the Troll's session? Did we ever get a reason for that?

Not explicitly, but it seems to enter his mind after Jade gets killed. He was perfectly fine hangin' around the Kids incipisphere until Jade got killed, at which point Jack seems to flip his poo poo and becomes determined to destroy the kids' entire home universe. He's either blaming the trolls for Jade's death somehow or he's just gone "gently caress it" and is blowing everything up because without Jade there's nothing holding him back at all.

jvempire
May 10, 2009

Dr Snofeld posted:

I don't see this either, but I can explain that people like to call all characters evil/Lord English.

And judging from my friends reactions, people seem to easily interpret what happened in the flash wrong. Like one of my friends said that Lord English was summoned and that Rose, David, and Aradia were going to fight him. Also that Lord English was going to kill Sollux. And that WV was Lord English. I can't imagine what other silly theories people have made up too.

Red2401
Aug 17, 2010
Oh man, this met all my expectations and then some. Poor horrorterrors, exploding and all :cthulhu:

Do we happen to know why Doc got in contact with Gamzee, apart to say they're all suckers? I'm pretty sure he gets in contact with trolls, and not the other way around. Another thing I noticed is the tadpole was flashing many colours and stuck in an 8 ball; here's to speculating the frog is Lord English. It is him.

Speculating some more, I can only hope the Vriska which beat Jack in a split timeline sees everything and arrives at the green sun at around the same time as John(or Terezi). The comic says another timeline went through Terezi's coinflip, so this could be a thing. Also, foreshadowing this:

KoB
May 1, 2009

jvempire posted:

I don't see this either, but I can explain that people like to call all characters evil/Lord English.

And judging from my friends reactions, people seem to easily interpret what happened in the flash wrong. Like one of my friends said that Lord English was summoned and that Rose, David, and Aradia were going to fight him. Also that Lord English was going to kill Sollux. And that WV was Lord English. I can't imagine what other silly theories people have made up too.

Lord English is summoned upon the end of the universe, so he should be there, shouldnt he? Nevermind the "always been here" thing.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Forer posted:

You're just jealous because vriska's still dead!

Actually I thought (and still do think) the same thing too when I saw it, and the closeups during the stabs, Maybe I'm just jealous that nepeta's still dead?

*holds small framed picture close to chest* someday...

Really astonishing production all around but the art conflicts could get apparent at times. But it's hard to complain about anything in light of this insane feat.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

jvempire posted:

Like one of my friends said that Lord English was summoned and that Rose, David, and Aradia were going to fight him.

We don't know for sure that this isn't what we saw! I think the possibility that the Green Sun itself is Lord English (although obviously he has other manifestations) is not an unreasonable interpretation.

SpaceDrake posted:

Not explicitly, but it seems to enter his mind after Jade gets killed. He was perfectly fine hangin' around the Kids incipisphere until Jade got killed, at which point Jack seems to flip his poo poo and becomes determined to destroy the kids' entire home universe. He's either blaming the trolls for Jade's death somehow or he's just gone "gently caress it" and is blowing everything up because without Jade there's nothing holding him back at all.

Note that he's sitting around in an Incipisphere which is about to get erased from existence by the Scratch, and he no longer has Jade there to give him any motivation to stick around. It's entirely possible he simply figured he had to get the hell out of Dodge, and when he emerged, hey, there's people to murder here.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

FronzelNeekburm posted:

That's the one I meant. And it's not silent. Just very quiet. :ssh:
God dammit, I knew I would regret deleting it. I mean it only went to the recycle bin but it still feels bad. Not only is the snippet very quiet it is also backwards and pretty rockin'!

There was a tiny update but it may actually be kind of significant in a strange meta sort of manner. A set of burnt up red curtains closed in the flash, followed by a normal set of red curtains. Which means the burnt curtains are... what? And where are the blue curtains?!

I'm telling you, some sort of drapefuckery is about to go down just you wait.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My prediction is that once Sollux 1 reaches the green sun with the other trolls to meet up with Aradia and Sollux 2, he dies. Sollux 2 then does a self-corpsesmooch and this has some unexpected effect (god tier or two alive Solluxes or something). Equius sees this and loses the will to live (as much as he can, being dead), he has been outdone.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Some Strange Flea posted:

God dammit, I knew I would regret deleting it. I mean it only went to the recycle bin but it still feels bad. Not only is the snippet very quiet it is also backwards and pretty rockin'!

There was a tiny update but it may actually be kind of significant in a strange meta sort of manner. A set of burnt up red curtains closed in the flash, followed by a normal set of red curtains. Which means the burnt curtains are... what? And where are the blue curtains?!

The burnt curtains were closing over the fourth wall, and the non-burnt curtains were closing over the fifth wall? Or an additional fourth wall.

There's a lot of walls, is what I'm saying.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
I don't think anyone else has responded, so I will take a stab:

pumpinglemma posted:

1. The apple, cork, head and egg sprouted from the kids' medium-entry objects, right? So they're part of Sburb itself, not technology developed by the guardians or anything. But then why can they be used to move from the kids' universe to the trolls' universe?
Good question, but since Sburb itself contains the technology necessary to make universes, it isn't unreasonable to assume it has the tech to cross them. Since it seems the the universe Sburb currently resides in is actually contained within the giant frog within the previous universe then... uh... the Sburb games must have been resulting in a long chain and each one has the ability to go back (and forward) one link. Unless some Universes can be spawned apart from this chain scenario?

pumpinglemma posted:

2. I can just about wrap my head around the weird time poo poo required for Dave and Rose to create the green sun. But what actually was the tumor? It's clearly not just a big bomb and a standard feature of null sessions, because it linked to both the kids' and the trolls' universes.
We know for sure that the tumor is a bomb that makes a green sun. Maybe all null sessions DO have them and that is how they are destroyed (which would mean null sessions also destroy the universe that made it), but a tumor that is brought out of the null session and into the furthest ring will cause problems for the horrorterrors.

Of course, if this is what is required to bring in Lord English then the furthest ring would be full of suns. This HAS to be different than a typical null session.

pumpinglemma posted:

4. How did PM get to the trolls' universe? Did she just use the same machine as Jack - and if so why did she get there so much later?
She didn't find the ring until she was moving the body of WV. No reason to follow Jack until she had that power.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

Dr Strangepants posted:

I don't think anyone else has responded, so I will take a stab:
We know for sure that the tumor is a bomb that makes a green sun. Maybe all null sessions DO have them and that is how they are destroyed (which would mean null sessions also destroy the universe that made it), but a tumor that is brought out of the null session and into the furthest ring will cause problems for the horrorterrors.

I feel like the Tumor is a long gambit by Scratch and others like Scratch to ultimately create Lord English/their power source outside of space and time. I feel like Scratch has manipulated everything into facilitating the creation of Lord English.

Prior to the involvement of the kids, there was no Lord English although the concept of "was" doesn't really apply in the grand scheme of things. Ultimately, Lord English's entire existence is contingent on the kids.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Evil Mastermind posted:

That reminds me...why exactly did Jack want to go to the Troll's session? Did we ever get a reason for that?

He needed an outside perspective so he could kill that croaky motherfucker froggy lightshow he's been aching to kill. When Karkat was telling Jade about the cancer he created he said it wasn't just like a disease that kills the body from the inside, it expresses itself in a form that leaves the body and then turns around and destroys it. That's what Jack is doing.

At first I thought it was just like, happenstance. Like he blunders into the troll session after maybe the kids banish him over there or something then he turns around and he's like oh poo poo it's that fukken frog better burst its fuckin eyeballs. But the flash indicates he was definitely planning to hop to the troll session by way of the teleporters shifting him through universes so he could kill a frog.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

VJeff posted:

I think it's partially because the look she has when Rose and Dave come out of the meteor is a little :smug: and sinister-looking, and partially because of what we just learned regarding her ancestor and her role as a servant of Lord English.

Basically, we're scared that Aradia, Dave and Rose might now be chumps for Lord English. I sorta doubt that, I more think that Lord English might use TIME CLONES of the dead trolls and guardians or whatever at some point, though.
Dave and Rose, nah. Aradia, mmmaaaybe. Playing with the whole relationship btwn the trolls and their Ancestors, you could interpret her as defying the Handmaid's fate by resisting Lord English. Or maybe serving him willingly, whereas the Handmaid had to be coerced.

Even if she is working for English, it seems likely it's less of a mustache-twirling thing, muahaha now I shall rule the universe!!, and more of a fatalism thing. All is entropy, decay of closed systems is certain, escape shall make her god, etc etc.

jvempire
May 10, 2009

Gabriel Pope posted:

We don't know for sure that this isn't what we saw! I think the possibility that the Green Sun itself is Lord English (although obviously he has other manifestations) is not an unreasonable interpretation.
Yes, but people in this thread have also said that Dave and Rose are going to fight Aradia, or that Dave/Rose/Aradia are all going to be working for Lord English. This diverse interpretation on the same events we all saw is interesting in it's own way, but my friend was acting like that his idea was the only thing that happened. But hey theories can be right sometimes, just like that pawn picture shows.

Also, looking up reaction videos for the flash and playing them all at once is very entertaining.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Some Strange Flea posted:

I guess we know what Act 6 will be, then. It will consist entirely of Andrew Hussie redecorating his house. Curtains, a new paint job, the works.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Frog Forager is so Earthbound it hurts.

I think I might be nuts but it does sound like a tribute to Polyanna. Hell, I'm sure the chords are the same, and the structure is similar (sans polyanna's intro).

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
So since Dog-Tier Jade is part Bec do you think she has a running inner-monologue of "GOOD ME, BEST SELF"?

It's a helluva way to fix Jadesprite's self-esteem issues.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Eh, I'll take the "innocent until proven guilty" option re Aradia. Doubly so for Rose. Trebly so for Dave.

And if by some chance Rose and Dave did end up getting turned into LE's stooges, that wouldn't last long once they meet back up with John and Jade. The combined cheerfulness assault would surely soften any heart.

Out of curiosity, I wonder when Act 6 will start up? Hussie probably needs to do a lot of planning to organise what I presume will be the "new Kids" and their session. But it's possible that he's done that planning already. Thoughts?

Cracky
Feb 11, 2007

are you one of those guys who likes big fatties and the big fatties have got big fatty dildos in their nose and they barf and they barf and its so gross.

Red2401 posted:

Poor horrorterrors, exploding and all :cthulhu:

What? How? I thought they're completely eternal and are unaffected by almost everything.

Radiation
Nov 23, 2010

"you found a fistful of rice-krispies"
AA: hes still not at ease with his mortality
AA: but people like us have to be!
AA: we have to be prepared to die a thousand deaths before our quest is complete
AA: the master we serve demands it
TG: so
TG: im just one dead dave offered up to the time god
AA: pretty much

Also, why would Andrew edit Aradia's expression to make her smug? And why would he do the Ancestors background with the handmaid beforehand? Her master is Lord English. Sollux's ancestry was directly paralleled in the flash. It'd be hard to say there's no significance to it.

Anyway, that's my speculation on why I think she's probably a bad guy.

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.
So I'm going to try to make a Dave avatar out of

Any suggestions as to title text, or does it need any?

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Did I miss anything important?

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

So since Dog-Tier Jade is part Bec do you think she has a running inner-monologue of "GOOD ME, BEST SELF"?

It's a helluva way to fix Jadesprite's self-esteem issues.

I hope this, and internal dog/mail-lady conflict for PM, are things that get referenced because I cannot see that being anything but hilarious.

But man, first-guardian prototyped god tier dreamself the only thing that could make Jade more badass would be if the rings worked on humans.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Radiation posted:

Also, why would Andrew edit Aradia's expression to make her smug? And why would he do the Ancestors background with the handmaid beforehand? Sollux's ancestry was directly paralleled in the flash. It'd be hard to say there's no significance to it.

Was she edited to look smug? I only got a quick look on the lovely streaming version, but to me it just looked like she was doing that serene smile thing from when she first got to the green sun. Also, I wanna know some more about the Handmaid. She was present for every "watershed moment" in history, so let's see some of that poo poo! Aradia's relationship with Tavros suggests that there'd be something between the Handmaid and the Summoner at the very least.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

Radiation posted:

Also, why would Andrew edit Aradia's expression to make her smug? And why would he do the Ancestors background with the handmaid beforehand? Her master is Lord English. Sollux's ancestry was directly paralleled in the flash. It'd be hard to say there's no significance to it.

I also think that Rose looks a little too satisfied/amused for the situation (considering she just created what she intended to destroy).

Also, if we consider that God Tier Aradia is just hanging out in the outer ring, where we know some entity has been killing the elder gods...

More over, Aradia being considered an enemy is more in line with an eight player session: 4 surviving trolls (Gamzee, Karkat, Terezi, Kanaya) and the four kids.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Red2401 posted:

Speculating some more, I can only hope the Vriska which beat Jack in a split timeline sees everything and arrives at the green sun at around the same time as John(or Terezi). The comic says another timeline went through Terezi's coinflip, so this could be a thing. Also, foreshadowing this:

Oh poo poo, I really like this theory.

Sepherothic
Feb 8, 2003

I haven't seen this posted in the thread yet, but this just blew my mind.

Cal is sitting on Gamzee's lap watching the clock tick down, meaning that he is likely the "most important character in Homestuck".

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005119

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Saradiart posted:

More over, Aradia being considered an enemy is more in line with an eight player session: 4 surviving trolls (Gamzee, Karkat, Terezi, Kanaya) and the four kids.

Why would any of those guys sans Kanaya maybe survive? They're d00med.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
I might be getting fan theory confused with foreshadowing, but wasn't Jack's entry to Sgrub supposed to be less than voluntary?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Ograbme posted:

I might be getting fan theory confused with foreshadowing, but wasn't Jack's entry to Sgrub supposed to be less than voluntary?

That was mostly fan theory - nobody really knew why he was there.

Until now, anyway.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Saradiart posted:

I also think that Rose looks a little too satisfied/amused for the situation (considering she just created what she intended to destroy).

Also, if we consider that God Tier Aradia is just hanging out in the outer ring, where we know some entity has been killing the elder gods...

Your avatar made me realize that Jade's hair is black and her dog-ear-hair is white. That'll look weird if she ever puts her hood down.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Red2401 posted:

Really liking this theory because the first time she mucked with the timeline (by killing John) we got Davesprite, so if Vriska knows what she's doing, this is very possible.

Did this thread already discuss the most recent Community episode? I mean, I know we shouldn't just talk about something else altogether but it dealt with chaos theory and 7 divergent timelines, which I kinda think relates just enough to say, "Hey, that was a pretty sweet episode."

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Waffnuffly posted:

No, not really. There's a lot of good reasons to regard this story very highly. Maybe I'm biased because it's my favorite story of all time (so far), and I've been waiting a month like most people to see this flash and it totally blew away my expectations, but I definitely do think it's something that will be regarded as a classic in a few decades or so. Maybe not a mainstream classic, but definitely something really special in its own class of works (which, so far, is very small).

I dunno, it's kinda hard to explain, but probably not worth going into detail over!

I don't doubt that Homestuck as a whole is a fantastic and probably historic (in the internet sense) story, it is most certainly one of the best things on the internet right now. But looking at this flash on its own, while it's certainly very long and epic (in the actual sense of the word) and helps to spin the story's climactic buildup, it's not a particularly spectacular bit of media. Yes, it's great in that it is giving us more of the story and has cool music and is heavier on the animation, but it's nothing we haven't seen before in Homestuck. Andrew's not an animator, and it shows. All of the movement in the flash consists of stretching, shrinking, and rotating otherwise stationary objects, and it looks especially awkward when Jade is moving her arms around and moving stuff. It is essentially a long series of normal Homestuck panels with slightly smoother animation and cool music, but it doesn't really push the flash boundaries or anything.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it immensely and I agree that Homestuck on the whole could very well go down as some sort of internet legend, and this flash serves it's purpose brilliantly. But as an actual animation it's nothing we haven't seen before.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The "sprite edit" Aradia received is just the same one was before, but with her eyes open:
http://i.imgur.com/ISNkz.jpg

My guess being that Hussie realized she would look silly in that scene with her eyes closed (Sollux got the same treatment).

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

DaveKap posted:

Really liking this theory because the first time she mucked with the timeline (by killing John) we got Davesprite, so if Vriska knows what she's doing, this is very possible.
Best part about this theory is the character development potential. If Vriska felt like poo poo about killing Tavros, imagine how she feels about getting everyone killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

DaveKap posted:

That was Terezi, not Vriska. But even so, I like that theory too.

e: Oops I misread, don't mind me