Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
You stole my strategy! drat copycat killers! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

Ahahahaha, finally! It's been so long! :qq:
(Though watching the streak go on would have been equally hilarious)
But now you have some money to loose in the next round!

Makes me happy to see a Wrestler get through against a Kobold...

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

An untrained one, at that.

Dallbun
Apr 21, 2010
Yessss. Finally it's Pinball Wizard's chance to get killed by a superior archer shine!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

:siren:Round One, Match Fifty-Three:siren:

Match Fifty-Three, Bowflex (Silverminnow) vs. Pinball Wizard (Dallbun)

Bowflex the elf is armed with a silver-tipped bow and 40 matching silver arrows. Unlike most archers, he has made a serious investment in armor: a heavy coat of steel mail. Pinball Wizard, goblin, is equipped with a bronze crossbow and matching set of bolts. He doesn't rely on armor, instead depending entirely upon his skills to compete. Bowflex's choice of gear gives him a clear advantage, but this fight could go either way!

The rangers line up, the signal is given, and the fight begins! Before anyone can so much as blink, both combatants have fired, and both have drawn blood! Pinball Wizard is grazed across the torso, and Bowflex suffers a slightly deeper cut across his lower leg. Blood spatters onto the arena wall.

The warriors reload as quickly as they can and loose the second volley! Bowflex is just a hair quicker on the shot than his opponent (although generally an elf would be expected to have an even greater speed advantage). The missiles cut through the air, passing within inches of each other, and both harmlessly strikes the arena wall south of each fighter!

The rangers reload again, and for tense seconds there is silence as they arm and aim. Bowflex looses his arrow significantly ahead of Pinball Wizard this time, but the projectile flies wide while the goblin's aim is true! Pinball Wizard's bolt strikes Boflex in the side, but can inflict nothing more than a severe bruise through the elf's heavy armor.

Goblin and elf reload and fire again, and both miss, this time to the north of one another. Somehow, Pinball Wizard gets a the jump on Bowflex and sets up for his fifth shot ahead of the elf! But his shot flies wide, again to the north, while Bowflex's arrow thunks deep into the flesh of Pinball Wizard's leg! The goblin stifles a cry of pain and resumes readying his next shot, his momentary speed advantage lost. The two loose missiles at almost the same time now, though the elf has regained a tiny advantage. Arrow and bolt both fly straight and true- but at the last second, Bowflex's shot veers just wide of Pinball Wizard's head!

The goblin, for his part, scores another bruising hit on Bowflex's abdomen, but again his bronze bolt cannot hope to pierce steel mail. Bowflex, though not seriously wounded, stumbles from the force of the bolt's impact, and Pinball Wizard readies and fires another bolt before the elf can even nock an arrow! The bolt cuts into Bowflex's hand just before he fires, causing his shot to go almost a meter off target! The two reload, and now Pinball Wizard is nearly a full action ahead of his foe. He fires, sending a crossbow bolt straight into the elf's chest, but the steel armor holds. Again, Bowflex's rebuttal fails to find a path to Pinball Wizard! The goblin readies his weapon, clicks a bolt into place, and fires!

His shot goes wide! Bowflex returns fire, but misses yet again! Sweat and blood drip down both contenders as they rush to keep up the pace! Pinball Wizard seems to have recovered from the pain of his earlier wounds, and Bowflex hasn't yet sustained enough harm to throw him off significantly. Still, the competitors stumble for several seconds before managing to arm their respective weapons. Pinball Wizard launches a bolt, followed a split-second later by Bowflex's arrow! Both go wide! At this point, each warrior has used 10 of their 40 pieces of ammunition to only moderate effect, Bowflex unable to land hits, Pinball Wizard unable to pierce the elf's armor. Again the arena hopefuls fire, Bowflex now slightly ahead of Pinball Wizard. This time, both missiles hit! The goblin's bolt slices into the skin along the elf's head, and the elf's arrow cuts into the skin of Pinball Wizard's arm, somehow lodging in place despite causing minimal damage.

Another set of shots go off, the warriors now doggedly firing off whenever they can, yet still surprisingly synchronized. Bowflex's arrow goes just wide, but Pinball Wizard strikes Bowflex firmly in the calf, and the bolt lodges within the muscle mass! The elf screams in pain, but holds to form, reloading as before. Again the rangers fire. Both missiles fly true. Bowflex is struck first, in his unprotected lower arm. The bolt pierces the flesh and muscle without striking bone and slips out the other side, leaving a hole through and through! Pinball Wizard suffers another relatively minor gash across his leg in return. At this point, Bowflex is assailed with severe pain- will the elf be able to continue the fight?

Pinball Wizard is able to shoot at nearly twice the rate of his flagging opponent now. His next shot cuts into the elf's upper arm, finding a lucky gap in the steel mail! (1/20 chance) Bowflex, lightheaded, lets an arrow fly, braces himself against the wall, and collapses, unconscious. Unsurprisingly, his final shot is not especially accurate. Pinball Wizard looses a volley of bolts, but has trouble hitting his prone opponent. Moments later, Bowflex shakes himself off and takes a position on the ground firing arrows! He lands a hit on Pinball Wizard, but the tough goblin hardly registers the wound to his chest and continues to fire away at the elf. Bowflex suffers two especially deep wounds to his lower arm and leg in just a few shots.

Soon, the elf is unconscious again. Pinball Wizard does not let up on firing, though he now only has 14 bolts remaining. Bolt after bolt cut through Bowflex's flesh, leaving his limbs pin-cushioned. One even punches straight through his steel armor! Bowflex, wounded in dozens of areas, struggles to remain conscious, but cannot rally enough to get off a single shot before passing out again and again. At this point, Pinball Wizard has more of the elf's arrows stuck in him than bolts of his own left to fire. He finishes emptying the last of his quiver and charges forward to finish the job!

The elf is unable to so much as rouse himself for a last stand. Pinball Wizard hurries over, hefts his crossbow, and smashes it straight through the elf's skull! Pinball Wizard claims victory, thanks to perseverance, a little luck, and his opponent's sub-par aim! The three stuck-in arrows don't even seem to bother him at all as he walks off.

Combat Log

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahah, that was ridiculous and having the fight finish by not even relying on arrows just made it even sillier. Would Bowflex have done better if he had not chosen a terrible arrow material?

VladTheEater
Dec 30, 2008

Ahhhhhh, fresh meat.

SynthOrange posted:

Hahah, that was ridiculous and having the fight finish by not even relying on arrows just made it even sillier. Would Bowflex have done better if he had not chosen a terrible arrow material?

Silver isn't terrible for arrows, though. I'd say the more deciding factor is that Bowflex spent so much on Steel Mail that he was simply outclassed skill-wise. As much of a nightmare as end-game archers are, low-skill archers are TERRIBLE.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Yeah, Bowflex just had way too much of his points invested in his equipment. His sad hit rate reflects that.

I think the biggest deciding factor in this fight was honestly simple luck. If one fighter or the other had been lucky enough for a crippling shot to the head, spine, heart, or lungs, the fight could have been over in no time. Bowflex's armor would have protected some of those, but his lower point totals meant that he couldn't have hit as easily. That part looks like a wash.

Of course, either could have also struck their foe's hand hard enough that they dropped what they were holding. Fighters aren't smart enough to start relying on melee once their enemies close; they single-mindedly keep firing. If one of them had hit the other and knocked either the weapon or ammo out, that one who dropped it would probably have won by, well, running over there and beating the living daylights out of the other.

AmadeusVonBlastoise
Jul 4, 2008

AMADEUS AMADEUS
~DO~DO~
~DO~DO~
That is the saddest archer battle I have ever witnessed.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

quote:

That is the saddest archer battle I have ever witnessed.

Pinball Wizard didn't even have a bad showing, really, his shots just couldn't break through the armor. Bowflex was pretty laughable, though.

ZeeToo posted:

Of course, either could have also struck their foe's hand hard enough that they dropped what they were holding. Fighters aren't smart enough to start relying on melee once their enemies close; they single-mindedly keep firing. If one of them had hit the other and knocked either the weapon or ammo out, that one who dropped it would probably have won by, well, running over there and beating the living daylights out of the other.

Not entirely sure about that. Firing at close range is generally a bad idea, but bashing with a blunt object and 0 skill can be even worse. Just a few levels of dodging will entirely nullify your offensive. You also get the extra pain penalty from a crippling wound and the close-range shots as they approach.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Vox Nihili posted:

Not entirely sure about that. Firing at close range is generally a bad idea, but bashing with a blunt object and 0 skill can be even worse. Just a few levels of dodging will entirely nullify your offensive. You also get the extra pain penalty from a crippling wound and the close-range shots as they approach.

Yeah, it does have its trade-offs. It's painfully hard to arrange to test, but I'd think that a hand shot and nothing else would give the injured better than 50-50 odds with what I saw of these two.

Can't prove it and I might be wrong, but last-ditch bow/arrow clubbing can be surprisingly powerful even without skill. It comes off several times faster than reloading and shooting.

Silverminnow
Feb 25, 2008
Shiniest fish in the sea!
Yeah not gonna lie, I was basically hoping that I would get a lucky shot off or at least hold off blows long enough with the steel mail to get a debilitating shot off. Of course I wasn't expecting to face off against another ranged fighter in the first round and if I had known that arrows had changed from wanting heavy metal to hard metal I might have done better. I figure I'd have about a 50/50 chance in this fight honestly, even with the pathetically low bow skill. Even so, well(?) fought Dallbun, here's to hoping you make it all the way to the top!

Here are Bowflex's stats:

Equipment:
Silver Bow (whoops)
Steel Mail Shirt (long term investment)

Skills:
Archery(1) Novice
Bow(5) Proficient
Dodging(2) Adequate

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
A Silver Bow wouldn't be that bad, because it'd be decent as a bashing weapon once the arrows are gone. The armor was a wee bit expensive though. Also, I've noticed a good equal balance between Archery and Bow is significantly better than when one of the two is weighted. I spent most of my time killing Kobolds to find that perfect ratio of Archery:Bow User:Dodging.

Dallbun
Apr 21, 2010
Woah, awesome! When I heard I was going up against an elven archer, I figured I'd just be outclassed, but I'm glad my goblin toughness was key to pulling through. What a tense battle. Well fought yourself, Silverminnow!

I'm a little worried, now, though. :ohdear: Bronze is supposed to have decent stopping power, but it doesn't seem to do anything against good armor. I was planning on just boosting my skills, but do I need to invest in a better crossbow?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Dallbun posted:

Woah, awesome! When I heard I was going up against an elven archer, I figured I'd just be outclassed, but I'm glad my goblin toughness was key to pulling through. What a tense battle. Well fought yourself, Silverminnow!

I'm a little worried, now, though. :ohdear: Bronze is supposed to have decent stopping power, but it doesn't seem to do anything against good armor. I was planning on just boosting my skills, but do I need to invest in a better crossbow?

Compared to last tournament, low-point bows are severely nerfed in terms of perforating heavy armor.

Bronze is good enough to kill unarmored enemies. In fact, with the skill trade-off, they're probably better at it; hitting is kinda important, as is surviving if you don't kill your (probably melee) opponent in three shots and they get right up next to you. Against good armor... well, you got a good eyeball at that already.

So apply your psychic powers (or some statistical analysis of your foes) to guess if you need armor piercing or more skill more.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Dallbun posted:

It's definitely worth jumping up to a steel crossbow at some point, which will pierce all inferior armor and even, occasionally, steel armor. This is true of most non-bashing weapons, of course. You'll have to decide for yourself when it's time to go for the upgrade. Skill levels are definitely huge for ranged gladiators as well; a single miss is a nearly fatal proposition in many cases.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

:siren:Round One, Match Fifty-Four:siren:

Match Fifty-Four, Urvad (Bogart) vs. Iron Lung Jack (Jack the Lad)

Urvad the dawarf, wielding a steel long sword and wearing a copper helmet, saunters into the ring. His opponent will be Iron Lung Jack, an elf. Jack is armed with a simple copper battleaxe and is completely unarmored. Given the amount spent on his gear, Urvad looks like he'll be at a disadvantage here- unless Jack repeatedly aims for the head! Let's see how it goes.

The combatants charge into battle. Jack, with his elvish speed, easily claims the first move- but finds his strike parried. Now Urvad thrusts his sword, but Jack parries as well, and counters! His strike aims for the head, the one part of Urvad that he can't hope to hurt, and bounces off the dwarf's copper helmet! Iron Lung Jack may not be the brightest gladiator around. Enraged at this turn of events, Jack charges at Urvad, slamming his axe into the dwarf's leg and ramming his shoulder into the stout creature's head! Urvad goes down like a ton of bricks, wounded and badly stunned.

Before the dwarf can recover, Jack slashes at both of his arms, perhaps hoping to knock the sword from his grip. Despite suffering deep wounds, Urvad manages to maintain a hold on his weapon and finally boosts himself back to his feet, still very much in the fight. But before the dwarf can so much as ready his weapon, Jack slams his axe into his chest with incredible force, smashing through two ribs and sundering the dwarf's right lung!

Urvad clutches at this torso, disoriented and gasping for air. Jack shows no quarter, throwing himself full-force at the dwarf and burying his axe in Urvad's belly! The axe lodges in place and sheering through a great length of flesh, and the dwarf's guts burst from the gaping wound, slopping all the way down to the arena floor! Urvad finds himself on his back, lying beside a pile of his own offal. He raises his sword, but Jack slices off hand with a well-aimed stroke, and the dwarf is left defenseless. Jack cleaves into Urvads chest with sickening force, once more, twice more, and finally, the dwarf ceases his struggles and lays still, his chest cavity wrenched open and rapidly filling with blood. Suddenly, Iron Lung Jack's name seems to make a lot of sense.

Combat Log

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Iron Lung Jack is the very same elf who perished in that fateful free-for-all so long ago..

Vox Nihili posted:

Cheetahman hacks Jack in the upper body with his iron great axe, tearing apart the muscle and tearing apart the left lung!
An artery has been opened by the strike!
Jack is having trouble breathing!
The iron great axe has lodged firmly in the wound!
Smash Mouth hacks Jack in the upper body with his bronze battle axe, tearing apart the muscle and tearing apart the right lung!
Jack is having more trouble breathing!
The bronze battle axe has lodged firmly in the wound!
Cheetahman twists the embedded iron great axe around in Jack's upper body!
Smash Mouth twists the embedded bronze battle axe around in Jack's upper body!
Jack misses Cheetahman!

The clanking, whirring, clockwork engine that now fills his chest cavity captures the departing souls of his defeated foes to power itself.

Only by dint of constant butchery can he sustain his dread unlife.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Finally, the new dawn is upon us. The dawn of the age of the molemarian, for when CIPA crushes her opponent Ted the Hurty into bone dust and blood sludge with her bare mole hands, there will be no doubt about the superiority of the Mole race!

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
That elf fights like a dwarf

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

:siren:Round One, Match Fifty-Five:siren:

Match Fifty-Five, Ted the Hurty (FiddlersThree) vs. CIPA (Anchors)

Ted the Hurty, human, is armed with a silver flail and oak shield. He wears some simple copper mail and a leather cap. CIPA the molemarian does not have any weapons. Or armor. I think someone may have just captured CIPA in the caverns and brought up her to the arena against her will, but hey, that's completely within the spirit of this tournament! So CIPA is coming up against what might be an ideal target for her: a smaller creature with a blunt weapon. Ted will have his work cut out for him if he wants to survive this encounter!

The match begins, and the two fighters trot forward. Ted opens with a twirl of his flail, but CIPA dodges away. CIPA takes a swing at Ted, and the human dodges in turn.

Now CIPA goes for a grasp- but she cannot find purchase on the slippery Ted, who calmly twirls his flail twice and slams the heavy, spiked ball into the molemarian's head! CIPA, unfeeling, looks unimpressed by the strike, but as she rears back to attack, her body collapses under her, and within seconds she is dead, brought low by massive trauma to the brain. Ted the Hurty advances!

Combat Log

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I don't think I've ever seen a grappling molemarian. I assume they could grab you while kicking you in the face repeatedly, like a pissed-off cat.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!

Vox Nihili posted:

Word. Ted lays on the Hurty, and I win both a fight and a bet.

Life. It is good.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a grappling molemarian. I assume they could grab you while kicking you in the face repeatedly, like a pissed-off cat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCcK-QYJcSU#t=1m57s

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Well, drat. I knew I should've splurged and sacrificed a goat to the RNG gods.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Anchors posted:

Well, drat. I knew I should've splurged and sacrificed a goat to the RNG gods.

Or more Kobolds.

My fight's only four away...Now I'm just getting more nervous...

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!

Krysmphoenix posted:

My fight's only four away...Now I'm just getting more nervous...

I bet on you, Kristmaspoptarts. Don't let me down!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I dunno, if my fight was any indication, Krymsonponies' kobold is pretty much doomed. If I can build a fighter to beat a kobold, surely any idiot can.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Bad Munki posted:

I dunno, if my fight was any indication, Krymsonponies' kobold is pretty much doomed. If I can build a fighter to beat a kobold, surely any idiot cant.

I remember when I used to get upset about people misspelling my username. Now I just find it hilarious to see what people come up with to deliberately misspell my username.

But that's the thing though, my fighter isn't just a kobold, it's a bowbold. With enough luck, it can beat any build with a single headshot, or get pounded into the dust by a human wearing a pony costume.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Krysmphoenix posted:

Now I just find it hilarious to see what people come up with to deliberately misspell my username.
Admittedly, that makes the game a little less fun.

quote:

But that's the thing though, my fighter isn't just a kobold, it's a bowbold. With enough luck, it can beat any build with a single headshot, or get pounded into the dust by a human wearing a pony costume.
Blowbold, more like! Uhhuhuhuhuh! :downs:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

:siren:Round One, Match Fifty-Six:siren:

Match Fifty-Six, Lon Chaney's Lover (Halloween Jack) vs. Sodel Anil (Bene Elim)

Lon Chaney's Lover is a werewolf with an iron halberd, leather chest armor, and leather high boots. Sodel Anil, a dwarven gladiator, bears a bronze long sword, adamantine shield, iron mail shirt, steel gauntlets, and gold low boots. Notably, she received the gold and adamantine items due to Bene Elim's previous tournament triumphs. Can Lon Chaney's Lover upset the master's new protege?

The two warriors line up, and the match begins! Lover, being a werewolf, is a step faster than the dwarf and gets in the first attack. The fearsome halberd strike clatters uselessly off of Sodel Anil's adamantine shield. Now the dwarf strikes, but Lover is quick on his feet, and leaps away from the onrushing blade.

Lover charges back into battle, attempting to crush the puny dwarf, but Sodel Anil jumps away twice, leaving the werewolf puzzled. But Lover is not easily caught either, and leaps back as Sodel moves in for the kill. Who will draw first blood??

Lover presses the assault, charging at and this time knocking over Sodel. The dwarf blocks strike after strike, countering with a thrust of her own at one point, but missing. The werewolf's iron halberd smashes into Sodel's shoulder, but her iron mail holds, and soon the dwarf is back on her feet- but immediately knocked over again! Lover bashes wildly with his weapon, hoping to overpower his opponent, but Sodel Anil blocks every strike, and counters over and over. Unfortunately for the dwarf, each counter misses its mark. Eventually Sodel gets back up, and the fight continues on equal footing for a moment- but then the werewolf suddenly blitzes once more, leaving the dwarf badly stunned by the impact. A thrust of the halberd toward Sodel's upper arm is just barely absorbed by the dwarf's armor. But the next jab finds an unarmored target- the head. Sodel Anil is slain, and Lon Chaney's Lover advances.

Combat Log

Congrats to Halloween Jack. That werewolf build is extremely potent and lightweight. That fight could have gone either way; all Sodel needed was a single one of her counter-attacks to cause some damage.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Apparently werewolf hoplite with a halberd is more effective than one might have anticipated.

Also, werewolf supremacy, hell yeah.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
Just to confirm the timeline, we spend our upgrade points and THEN get randomly reseeded, correct?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I believe that's correct. Nobody knows who they're fighting until everyone is ready to go. That's rather the point of the whole random seeding thing. :)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

FiddlersThree posted:

Just to confirm the timeline, we spend our upgrade points and THEN get randomly reseeded, correct?

Yes. At no point will you know who your next opponent is (until the final match, of course), although theoretically you can wait and see what sort of build each of the 63 remaining potential opponents put together for the first round and base your decisions on that.

So basically, if your gladiator won their first match, you might as well update them right away so you don't forget.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Goddamn, that was pulse-pounding. I'm ready to invade WeepAngels.

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!
Alas poor Sodel, we barely knew thee.
Her name translated as 'Shield of Glory'

I never thought the four points I put into shield use would have done her that much good, but there you go. I can't help but wonder now if they'd have been better spent on weapon skill. Or a helm...

Oh well. Congrats to you, Halloween Jack. Good luck through the rest of the tourney.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Well, conversely, one less level of dodge and I'd probably have been screwed, and was lucky not to get clobbered as it is. Like the man said, could have gone either way. I vow to assault future opponents in as dorfy a manner as possible.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

:siren:Round One, Match Fifty-Seven:siren:

Match Fifty-Seven, Mart Scar (Smart Car) vs. Moustache Billy (Samopsa)

Mart Scar the goblin wields an iron whip and oak shield, and is armored with a copper helm and leather chest piece. Pretty appropriate goblin gear, really. Moustache Billy, tigerman, is a towering beast with an iron halberd, iron mail, and iron helm. As we've seen before, whips are pretty ineffective against larger targets, but let's see how this goes!

The match is underway! Goblin and tigerman both advance, the former at a somewhat quicker pace. Mart Scar lashes his whipe, but Billy parries. The tigerman charges, rushing forward with his halberd leveled like a spear! At the last second, Mart Scar jumps to the side, simultaneously lashing the tigerman! Unfortunately for the goblin, his weapon makes little impression on Moustache Billy's thick hide- though it does cause the tigerman to gasp for breath momentarily.

Before Moustache Billy can turn around, Mart Scar lashes again, aiming his attack at one of the tigerman's weak points- his unarmored paw! The blow is enough to fracture some of the small bones, though not enough to debilitate the beast entirely. Enraged, the tigerman spins and charges, this time catching Mart Scar unaware. The goblin tumbles to the ground, stunned, and moments later Moustache Billy impales him with his halberd! Mart Scar wasn't really using his liver anyway, and survives to block the next strike and return to his feet.

Moustache Billy wastes no time, and bullies Mart Scar back to the ground immediately. The goblin blocks the attack, though, and manages to block and counter the next strike as well. The lash strikes the tigerman in the gut, inflicting bruising but little more. Then Billy cleaves off Mart Scar's leg in a surprise move, leaving the goblin gushing a massive amount of blood. Despite this turn of events, Mart Scar continues to block and parry incoming strikes, countering as much as possible. But his whip is simply not effective enough against the tigerman, especially when used when one's back is against the ground. Or is it? With a terrible crack, Mart Scar shatters the bones in one of the tigerman's hands!

The fight drags on, both warriors badly hurt. Mart Scar holds his ground, and as he bleeds, he somehow seems to recover, while his opponent's wounds wear on him. Amidst a flurry of strikes, blocks, and parries, the tigerman remains technically on the offensive, but Mart Scar seems to be pressing closer and closer, despite his position of extreme disadvantage. Then, suddenly, one of Billy's strikes gets through, cleaving off Mart Scar's weapon arm at the shoulder. The goblin, now weaponless, bleeds out within moments, and Moustache Billy earns a narrow victory.

Combat Log

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
Yay, brave tigerman! You did it!

I'm sorry for being responsible for yet another goblin death. At least he was a brave one, fighting without liver and leg! :patriot:

• Locked thread