Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

To be honest; the game will be good whatever they do.

Excluding unreasonable people with utter hate towards the series/4 all 3d iterations of GTA have been amazing to decent depending how you personally like them. Rockstar make high quality stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raging bullwinkle
Jun 15, 2011
I look forward to installing the game only to find out I need 6 cores to run it at a playable frame rate.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Purchase the Grand Theft Auto IV (Four) Soundtrack Album today, featuring such unknown and unlicensed artists as Kanye West, The Who, John Coltrane and Bob Marley

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Iacen posted:

I loved that joke. In fact, what I missed the most in GTA IV was talk radio stations.

But GTA4 had that awesome talk radio show with Will Forte!

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
I listen to the radio strictly for the commercials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKWrwLr9Yq8

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Purchase the Grand Theft Auto IV (Four) Soundtrack Album today, featuring such unknown and unlicensed artists as Kanye West, The Who, John Coltrane and Bob Marley

Yeah and if you cant throw down to some LCHC at any given moment, get the gently caress off my planet.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If it is Los Santos they should basically just rip off their map from LA Noire if they own those assets and age it 70 years. And add more of course but that would have to be a hell of a starting point.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I thought that San Andreas was when there was a noticeable drop in the radio quality. Not the overall music, because the music was great, but the DJs became less prominent, the commercials were considerably less memorable/funny, and the talk show radio went from being the best station to pure crap. This tradition continued onto GTAIV.

Vice City, of course, has the best of all of this:

- The best music
- The best DJs, all with their own promotional art, unique personalities and storylines
- The best talk radio stations (two, in fact!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYnFjbmr0ZA

Vice City Pressing Issues needs to make a comeback, if only a spiritual successor.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

SA had some good commercials, but their dedicated talk radio wasn't as good by a long stretch.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I can't remember any of SA's commercials :(

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Himuro posted:

CASTRADON http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfjFaLE-LPc

Also the Cluckin Bell ones.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I just remember this one hook for Radio Los Santos that has a female caller telling everyone Tyrone from Grove Street gave her the clap and her ending it with "Imma get you Tyrone! Radio Los Santos!!!"

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Boondock Saint posted:

I just remember this one hook for Radio Los Santos that has a female caller telling everyone Tyrone from Grove Street gave her the clap and her ending it with "Imma get you Tyrone! Radio Los Santos!!!"

I remember that much. I also remember that if you don't take care of one of your girls, she'll call into Radio Los Santos and the DJ will berate you.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I like the guy who calls Chuck D and when they ask what his favorite radio station is the guy says "well actually it's CSR"

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
If it's Los Santos I hope we get to revisit some of the landmarks of SA like grove street and the vinewood hills. Also Mad Dogs mansion. Ive played enough of the San Andreas multiplayer mod to know the original city by heart so it would be very interesting to see what they do to change it or keep it similair.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Himuro posted:

I remember that much. I also remember that if you don't take care of one of your girls, she'll call into Radio Los Santos and the DJ will berate you.

My memory might be fuzzy, but i think that always shows up no matter what. Hell I think I killed her and it still happens..

Been a while since I played SA.

SA had decent radios. My only beef was that nearly all songs in Los Santos (that involved rap)were pretty much Dr. Dre, Ice Cube and Snoop. I was like.. goddamn isn't there anything else? Don't get me wrong I enjoyed it, but it felt over saturated.

Random, but what I loved about GTA's timeline is the little touches.

The radio DJ for Emotion in Vice City is still the same guy in GTA 3. Probably my favorite part about 3 was Lazlow interviewing him and calling him a pimp in which Fernando strongly oppose to.

Good times. good times.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Cephalectomy posted:

If it's Los Santos I hope we get to revisit some of the landmarks of SA like grove street and the vinewood hills. Also Mad Dogs mansion. Ive played enough of the San Andreas multiplayer mod to know the original city by heart so it would be very interesting to see what they do to change it or keep it similair.

Rockstar has said that GTA3 storyline is dead. Grove Street is never coming back. Maybe as an easter egg. Rockstar has moved on.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Himuro posted:

Hey kids! I've got puppies to show you!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You would think people would get it after playing GTA IV. There was no reference to any characters whatsoever. Just little homages, like the GTA 3 graffiti wall. If there is a Los Santos prepare to know in advance there won't be any little references or homages to SA. Liberty City in IV's only references were small easter eggs. Other than that, nothing near 3.

thegangsta0flov3
Jul 11, 2008
Well, considering Rockstar has shown a trend of remaking games out of the cities they used originally, there's good chance they might be doing a new and improved version of GTA London, which using the gritty underworld there would be great as long as we can understand what the hell the characters are saying.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
While its obvious that nothing much is coming back, I simply don't see why they would do that. The III generation had a ton of memorable characters and locations, I don't see why you wouldn't fit them into the background.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I wonder if they GTAIV storyline is axed as well. Back to the drawing board?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Himuro posted:

I wonder if they GTAIV storyline is axed as well. Back to the drawing board?

The storyline wouldn't be axed, it was finished in GTAIV. Could see it being similar to the 3, VC and SA thing where side characters and stuff would show up from the other games or they might just start anew. I wouldn't be suprised if Brucie or Packie showed up if they did the shared universe thing.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
The most likely would probably be Dwayne and Playboy back before Dwayne went to prison. And yeah, probably some of Packie's family or some of the mafia types as well. I honestly thought they were setting up just that when they discussed his stuff.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Himuro posted:

EXPLODER: EVACUATOR PART 2.

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe
Regarding the radio talk; I used to listen to Chatterbox in III all the time. I loving loved it and ended up knowing p much every interview and commercial on that channel by heart. I liked the talk show radio channels in the other games, but none of them really reached the same level in my mind.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Joda posted:

Regarding the radio talk; I used to listen to Chatterbox in III all the time. I loving loved it and ended up knowing p much every interview and commercial on that channel by heart. I liked the talk show radio channels in the other games, but none of them really reached the same level in my mind.

I end up always listening to Chatterbox when I play III because the other radio stations repeat way too fast. Chatterbox is almost an hour, next is RISE, 26 minutes down to GAME being 15 minutes.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

VCPR is amazing as well.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
both KChat and VCPR from Vice City are absolutely INCREDIBLE. Definite highlights of the series.

My other favorite station is K Rose from San Andreas. I don't listen to that type of music but I fell in love with just about every song on that station and listened to little else.

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love
I kind of like my GTA games to have hills. Flat cities are not as fun in my opinion.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

D-DST as well.
Flying my stuntplane blasting White Wedding.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

As much as I disliked his talk show in GTA4, I do hope Lazlow returns to the air as a DJ or talk host again in GTAV. Chatterbox was the best, and he was decent in Vice City as well.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I just want them to bring the San Andreas gang system back.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sure it's been brought up in this thread before numerous times but is there any solid configuration or program that will get a 360 controller working well with GTA3, VC, and SA to the point where it feels like the Xbox version? I just hate driving with the mouse and keyboard.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

If GTAV works in purchasable property (more garages, mostly), car modding or some similar kind of money sink, and it will have solved any issues I had with IV and will make it perfect for me. Having no real way to burn my piles of money by the time I reached the mid-way point of the game seemed kind of silly, considering the story line's focus on "GOTTA GET THE MONEY".

Also, maybe not ending the game in a boring area, especially when compared to the Manhattan-comparable bit before it.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Zedd posted:

D-DST as well.
Flying my stuntplane blasting White Wedding.

Its K-DST, you've made that mistake twice now.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It seems like every time Rockstar is talking about a new GTA game, everyone always jumps in and starts speculating that they just KNOW that Rockstar is going to go to some place (either some lovely town in the US, or some city in Europe). Aside from a couple spinoffs, every single major GTA game has taken place in the US, and always in LC, VC or SA. Sure, maybe they can create a new place, but they already have a world built up with these three, and each one is different.

I'd be surprised if they even bring characters from IV into V (though I suppose Lazlow will have to be in it, since he writes the radio shows). The 3 era games had caricatures for characters, and they fit in anywhere they wanted to. It seems like IV has characters that really only fit in LC. It made sense for Donald Love to be in VC in the 80s, and then LC in the early 2000s. I don't really know who they could bring from IV to any of the other places, unless it takes place in the past. And if it does, I'd hope for the 70s or 60s. We already did 80s and 90s, I want to see something new.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

LAWLandMine posted:

I'm sure it's been brought up in this thread before numerous times but is there any solid configuration or program that will get a 360 controller working well with GTA3, VC, and SA to the point where it feels like the Xbox version? I just hate driving with the mouse and keyboard.

I'm setting up some xpadder profiles for myself and a friend at the moment; when I am done I will post them here.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Why would you put out a big V colored in the styling of American money if you're going to be doing GTA London?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
I want late 70's San Andreas. Also the main character can be a Steve Mcqueen character.

• Locked thread