Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcy/2654089123.html

I don't have any way of screenshotting this at the moment, but I can't imagine it lasting long. Suzuki RE-5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

televiper
Feb 12, 2007
I dunno.. Lambo doors aside, if he's taken as much care of the guts as he has of the body and interior, that e36 isn't a bad deal.

Rap Songs From Anime
Aug 15, 2007

blugu64 posted:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcy/2654089123.html

I don't have any way of screenshotting this at the moment, but I can't imagine it lasting long. Suzuki RE-5.

Suzuki Rotary Engine Motorcycle - $1000 (Carrollton)
Date: 2011-10-17, 10:29AM CDT
Reply to: sale-fcexx-2654089123@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
1976 Suzuki RE5 has the Wankel engine and 9734 miles on the odometer.
These were only made in 1975 and 1976, so it's pretty rare. Jay Lemo has one in his collection.
All original except for the seat. The only missing parts as far as I can tell are the gas cap and 2 turn signal lens.
Not running. Engine turns over, but it needs a complete restoration. I have the key.
Plenty of parts and info available on-line. I have the Engine Repair Manual that is included.
I bought it because it was cool and unusual, but it really needs someone who will restore it.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Will that win you admission to the RADL?

w1ntermute
Jan 6, 2005
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?
I think this qualifies as actual gold:
http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/2663043531.html

dag01
Mar 9, 2004
for you to be inside of me is a delightful concept
At work and not able to take screenshots, but uhhh

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/ctd/2663517671.html

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

dag01 posted:

At work and not able to take screenshots, but uhhh

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/ctd/2663517671.html

See how it's all an image? Can't copy and paste the email address? Dead giveaway that it's not legit.

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi
A real special deal, a bit slow but strong as an ox.

p.s. might be willing to come downs on the price.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

krysmopompas posted:

Sure you want a Wintard :downs:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

You Am I posted:

Sure you want a Wintard :downs:

I feel a bit of shame for never thinking of calling them that when they were all over the goddamn road while I was growing up. :(

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

krysmopompas posted:

It's good for towing, it has tard strength.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Immaculate Merkur xr4ti on bring a trailer:
http://bringatrailer.com/2011/10/24/california-touring-car-1987-merkur-xr4ti/

and ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ht_29216wt_1165

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Haha wtf is going on here?

SimulatedWoodgrain
Oct 6, 2006
Guessing its a way ford skirted the dumb 85mph US federal speedometer requirements they had in the 80s.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
Placing the numbers every 15 MPH instead of 10 or 20 seems pretty stupid to me too.

The Great Went
Aug 21, 2007

by Ozmaugh
I like how the odometer only has a five digit place holder for miles. No, no. This car/truck will not last 100km.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

SimulatedWoodgrain posted:

Guessing its a way ford skirted the dumb 85mph US federal speedometer requirements they had in the 80s.

When was this changed? My '88 Trans Am has a 140 MPH speedo. Then again, it was built in Canada...

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Black88GTA posted:

When was this changed? My '88 Trans Am has a 140 MPH speedo. Then again, it was built in Canada...

It was put in place in 1979 and removed in 1981. The NHTSA realized it was a stupid rule. It included highlighting "55" in some manner (like the red hash on that one). Some manufacturers didn't bother to switch back after making that change until the next redesign.

SimulatedWoodgrain
Oct 6, 2006

Black88GTA posted:

My 87' IROC has a 145 as well, apparently some late 86s could get it. So I'd guess 87' was the first official model year that that limit was gone but not every manufacturer went out and renumbered their speedos right away.

Man In The Boat
Jan 2, 2006
Let's get down to brass tacks

Pretty sharp looking Volvo

Mezmerized Machine
Dec 29, 2008

The Great Went posted:

I like how the odometer only has a five digit place holder for miles. No, no. This car/truck will not last 100km.

My 87 Mustang was like that. You'll also notice a lot of people selling fox-bodies for X0,000 ORIGINAL MILES! Can't be proven unless you check the carfax and see that in May 1995 it had 94,000 then suddenly in November it only had 1,300.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
hahahahaha

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

kimbo305 posted:

hahahahaha

I like to pretend that those horrible fisheye pictures are actually me looking through the scope of a very large rifle.

Target Acquired.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

There's no listed price, which s probably for the best. This way I can pretend I could afford to buy and drive the gently caress out of it every day.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ctd/2653793601.html

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Here is possibly the most honest ad I've seen. If I had the skills to do this I'd be all over it. I know it would sit in a pile of increasingly rusted parts in my garage for years though.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/2672565607.html

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Funzo posted:

There's no listed price, which s probably for the best. This way I can pretend I could afford to buy and drive the gently caress out of it every day.

Not sure why that's gold, especially with no price. It's just a semi-ratty old 911SC convertible (needs paint help, wheel refinishing and likely a lot of deferred maintenance if it was left to look like that). It's probably worth somewhere around $15k. Possibly less by the looks of it. I'd consider this "gold" if it were priced at $9k, or the other kind of "gold" if they thought it was worth north of $25k.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Mezmerized Machine posted:

My 87 Mustang was like that. You'll also notice a lot of people selling fox-bodies for X0,000 ORIGINAL MILES! Can't be proven unless you check the carfax and see that in May 1995 it had 94,000 then suddenly in November it only had 1,300.

This worked in my favor when i got my 92 Mustang actually. The sales guy thought it had 143k on it. :laugh: Joke's on him though, Carfax had regular records leading right up to the time I bought it showing less than 42k. Of course, the car was in poo poo shape regardless, and the car showed zero oil pressure the entire 15 mile drive home (and who knows how long before that). I thought the gauge was broken. Good news - the gauge was fine! :haw: Bad news: I had to add 3 quarts to get it to the full mark. Good thing the 2.3 was bulletproof I guess.

Sex Weirdo
Jul 24, 2007

If this is real, it's guaranteed gold:
(And I'm dying to know what the car is)

Sex Weirdo fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 29, 2011

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Why not call the number and ask if they'll e-mail pictures or give you a VIN number?

Sex Weirdo
Jul 24, 2007

Armyman25 posted:

Why not call the number and ask if they'll e-mail pictures or give you a VIN number?

LOL I just called the number in the ad and it went to voicemail. It said "If you're calling about the craigslist ad this is the wrong number. Can you please email the person that posted the ad and tell them it's a wrong number, my phone's been ringing off the hook. Thanks, this is Eric."

God drat, I knew it was too good to be true.

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk
Oh man that is an amazing prank

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

kimbo305 posted:

hahahahaha

I always thought "triple black" would mean black interior, black exterior, and a black landau or convertible top. What's the third black here? :confused: The rims?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

kimbo305 posted:

hahahahaha

At that price I'm very surprised to not see the word "invested."

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

VideoTapir posted:

At that price I'm very surprised to not see the word "invested."

it was too hard to attempt spelling

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Astroman posted:

I always thought "triple black" would mean black interior, black exterior, and a black landau or convertible top. What's the third black here? :confused: The rims?

Black paint, blacked-out trim and black interior, I guess.

In other words, "murdered out".

Mootowncow
Sep 4, 2011
A few of my buddies like to post Craigslist car ads on Facebook that they find funny. This one is by far the best I've ever seen, do yourself a favor and check this out. Here's a quote taken from the post and all of it is as ridiculous as this.

Craigslist posted:

Now, I'll be honest. The wheels are a little lackluster, although everyones gunna be so focused on your super gangster drifting that nobody is going to give a f*ck about your sh*tty stock 16s. Don't worry, I've got you fcking covered. Its like we're in Vietnam and you just got ambushed by Charlie. Don't worry, friend, I've got your fcking back and I blow charlie to kingdom fcking come. For an extra $450 I can throw in some added p*ssy magnets for wheels, just don't come crawling back to me complaining that you're getting TOO much vajayjay. Bright fcking green 18s. Greens not your thing? Super legit silver 18s. Done like dinner.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/cto/2619410616.html

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
^^ That is the best, and funniest ad I've ever read. Love it!

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

It was posted a page ago.

Mootowncow
Sep 4, 2011
Ugh, yeah. I checked the last couple pages to make sure it wasn't already posted but I somehow totally missed that. My apologies. (insert lame excuse here justifying the re-posting of that ad) :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
i'm calling dibs