Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

invision posted:

Does anyone have a tankbag for cheap? I was supposed to buy one from Safety Dance, but due to me being laid off and some other factors, it wasn't able to happen.

I need a tankbag by *THIS THURSDAY*, preferably one with a GPS or map window. I realize beggars can't be choosers, so throw whatcha got at me.

(btw cheap means like sub 20 bucks because I'm cheap :( )

If you want cheap, search Amazon for "storage bag" and then for "rope". Enjoy the $10 tank bag!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Motorcyclegear has this for $10: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/parts/closeouts/luggage/rapid_transit/mobile_strap_mount_tank_bag.html

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

I was going to get this until I saw how small it was

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

schreibs posted:

I was going to get this until I saw how small it was

Codpiece bag :stare:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I realize this is quite specific, and probably wont happen here, but may as well try.

Want to trade my Bandit 1200 for a DRZ-SM

My B12 has 20,xxx miles, runs like a champ, regular oil changes. Chain and sprockets are two seasons old (sprocket is +2 in the rear), tires are two seasons old, but still have good tread left.

This bike is mildly modified, and has made a dyno verified 120HP at the wheel. In my mind, thats the perfect balance between streetable and quick, and the reason I never modified it further.

Bike has the following done to it:

-Naked conversion (Detailed here: http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/forums/index.php?topic=69162.msg)
-2008 GSXR 1000 rear shock
-2008 GSXR 1000 front master cylinder
-Two Brothers exhaust (slip-on, with stock header and midpipe)
-LEO5BUSA carb conversion
-5 degree ignition advancer from Factory Pro
-SS lines on front brakes
-2-up rear sprocket
-Pilot Road 2CT tires
-MSR dirtbike bars
-GSXR-750 airbox snorkel

She's a good runner, and has been nothing but reliable. Just ready for something different. I'm in the Milwaukee area, but would be willing to drive to Green bay, Madison, or Chicagoland for the right DRZ-SM.

Let me know what you've got!

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I know it may not feel like it Albert, but You should be getting a KTMyou're doing the right thing

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

internet inc posted:

Interest check for a Shift Hybrid jacket.

In this color scheme, large. Bought it during a closeout sale for $150 + shipping. I've never used it once, as it is too big for my skinny rear end. Looking to get what I paid for and I'll cover the shipping fees.

Also, I can get actual pictures if anyone is interested.

Bumping this. Still brand new.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Spiffness posted:

I know it may not feel like it Albert, but You should be getting a KTMyou're doing the right thing

I'm trying not to spend any money on this deal, which wont happen if I were to get a 690.

Jack Black
Nov 6, 2007
Alright, a cherries jubilee and that's it.
I have a Dainese Laguna Seca jacket in EURO 56 that I received as a gift, but its a bit large, looking for a trade to a 50 EURO. i'd like to stick with Dainese if possible, but throw something my way folks. PM me your email and I'll send a bunch of pics.

edit: 46 US in case anyone didn't make the connection.

Jack Black fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 19, 2011

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
If it's still new, you might be able to exchange it at the dianese store, their customer service is usually pretty top notch.

Jack Black
Nov 6, 2007

Z3n posted:

If it's still new, you might be able to exchange it at the dianese store, their customer service is usually pretty top notch.

Even if I don't have the receipt? Since it was a gift thats the only reason I haven't done so.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Jack Black posted:

Even if I don't have the receipt? Since it was a gift thats the only reason I haven't done so.

Yup, just go in and talk to them about it. Definitely worth a shot...especially if the tags are still on it (or you still have them).

Jack Black
Nov 6, 2007
Wait...I don't think it was bought in a Dainese store. I'm in FL, nowhere near a Dainese store. I'll hafta find out from the gift-giver if they have a receipt or something. In the meantime, make some offers!

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
Does it have a price tag on it, by chance?

Jack Black
Nov 6, 2007

-Inu- posted:

Does it have a price tag on it, by chance?

No :(

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo
Still selling this stuff. Would rather sell here than CL if I can help it :P

teknicolor posted:

Selling my gear since I sold my bike:

Gloves: A* Vega Drystar gloves, Size Small. Worn a few times. Amazing cold/wet weather gloves. $50 + shipping.
Picture 1 Picture 2 Picture 3

Jackets: Joe Rocket Women's Roxie 2.0 red leather jacket. Moderate wear. Quilted vest liner included. $40 + shipping.

Joe Rocket Men's Phoenix 3.0 gray/black mesh jacket. Moderate wear. Windbreaker jacket liner included. $30 + shipping.

Riding pants: Firstgear Mesh Tex WOMENS Size 10 pants. Worn a few times. $50 + shipping.
Picture 1 Picture 2

Prices are OBO. Just looking to make space.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

teknicolor posted:

Gloves: A* Vega Drystar gloves, Size Small. Worn a few times. Amazing cold/wet weather gloves. $50 + shipping.

I know this kind of thing is annoying, but if you still have these by the end of next week, I'll take them off your hands (get it, cause they're gloves ayuk yuk). I'm just waiting to sell my other bike.

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo
No worries, this thread is the only place I've got them listed ATM so you've got dibs.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

1983 Honda GL500
Clean Title in hand
Current Registration
48,xxx miles.

Maintenance taken care of recently:

New front tire
Oil change
Final Drive oil changed
Front brake fluid flushed
new Air Filter
new Spark Plugs
Valves adjusted

When all of this maintenance was done, there was no indication of damage or any issues with the bike. Oil came out clean with no flakes or particulate, final drive oil had no debris/wasn't burnt. Brake fluid needed to be changed, but the front brake master cylinder and caliper functioned fine. Charging system was tested and is charging at the appropriate voltage.

Flaws:

The usual cosmetic damage an old, high mileage bike has.
One exhaust stud is missing. Could be drilled out and retapped, but doesn't cause an exhaust leak or any problems.
Tachometer cable is missing, causing the tachometer to not read. I have one on order, I'll install it as soon as it shows up.

Extras:
Comes with a new rear tire, although the current one is still in good shape.

Would make a good first bike or around town commuter...not cosmetically perfect, but in good mechanical shape and ready to ride. Potentially willing to trade for Oxy-Acetylene welding equipment or a 2000 or newer 250 4 stroke dirt bike. Contact me via PM or drop a line in the thread.

Listed for 1400 on CL. 1K OBO here.

SOLD

Z3n fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 22, 2011

Jack Black
Nov 6, 2007
Alright, the different Dainese stores that I emailed couldn't help me with returning the gifted jacket I received so I guess I gotta sell it or trade it.

Dainese Laguna Seca Perforated Leather Jacket *NEW*
EURO 56 / US 46
$260 or trade for a street jacket in US 40

Jack Black fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Oct 26, 2011

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Jack Black posted:

Alright, the different Dainese stores that I emailed couldn't help me with returning the gifted jacket I received so I guess I gotta sell it or trade it.

EURO 56 / US 46
$290 or trade

what size suit jacket do you wear?

Jack Black
Nov 6, 2007
I wear a 40 in US.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
oh poo poo Z3n is that a storage box built into the back? I so wish I could have written it that one time.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Honda did a nifty back box on the GL500 which, while similar to that, made it a bigger box complete with a small backrest. Not wide enough for a helmet, but drat you could cram a lot of poo poo in them.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Thought I'd go ahead and post this here. So far I've gotten bids from squid friends (which noodly appendages I don't want to release my bike into) and I'd rather see it go into the hands of a more responsible rider.

I'm selling this bike cuz I want a bike with handlebar and more torque at lower RPMs.

2005 Ninja ZX-6R. In pristine condition. Bought it with 11.5k miles at the start of August. Right now it has 13,500 miles. I am not riding this bike much now, with the advent of cold weather, and desire to have it sold off by springtime.

Mods: 14t front sprocket (new), Jardine slip-on exhaust, K&N air filter, Power Commander, tinted windshield, fender eliminator.

Front tire: Battlax BT014, with good life.
Rear tire: Battlax BT016, installed beginning of August.

Maintenance:

- Oil change done over the summer at a m/c dealership.
- Brake fluid flushed recently.
- Chain cleaned every 400 miles, lube sprayed on often.
- The chain and stock sprockets were inspected recently, before I installed the new front sprocket, and they are in excellent condition.
- There is a very slight leak from the valve head gasket, which I discovered two weeks ago. I've been keeping my eye on the oil level, and it looks fine.
- I was originally planning on doing a valve adjustment early and swapping the valve head gasket for a new one, along with tightening the cam chain tensioner as the bike has that "Kawasaki tick."

Goon price: $3700

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Another go at unloading some stuff:

I've got a FirstGear MeshTex jacket in 2XL Tall to get rid of. I've worn it while riding once and I just cannot stand the color (but man I love the jacket). It is the electric blue color (seen here) and I would like to get $25 + shipping.

And a pair of TourMaster Cold-Tex gloves in Black in XL. Brand new with the tags still on in the plastic bag they shipped in. I'd like $30 + shipping.

Also, I've got a $75 gift card to BikeBandit. I'd like to get $65.

PM or email stupid doo doo head at gmail.

Pvt. Public fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 23, 2011

Jack Black
Nov 6, 2007

Jack Black posted:

EURO 56 / US 46
$290 or trade for a street jacket in US 40

Now reduced to $260. Or trade, I seriously just want a quality jacket that fits and isn't too flashy.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice
Why can't I be huge, that's a ridiculous deal :argh:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
That's hardly huge, euro cuts (particularly Dainese) are pretty tight, I'm 5'10", 42" chest and 180lbs and my size 56 Rev'It it just a touch loose. If I was at all in the market for another leather jacket I'd be jumping on that one.

Jack Black, it's a vented summer jacket, if you can hold onto it till at least the spring you'll get a lot more interest (and possibly more money.)

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice
I meant huge as compared to how I am now; I currently wear a 36 US.

Snowdens Secret is right Jack, you could probably sell it for ~300 in the springtime. Also, as unfortunate as it is, selling gear on this forum is pretty hit-or-miss. We don't have enough regulars for it to chug along smoothly. You might want to try on ADV, Craigslist, local forums, etc., if you haven't already

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

That Dainese sounds like it would fit me perfectly and I'm so tempted but I already have a perfectly good perfed leather jacket :(

Jack Black
Nov 6, 2007
Yea I guess I could hang on to it until then, and its posted elsewhere but I just get one post about interest and never hear from them again. Oh well, we'll see.

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

AncientTV posted:

I know this kind of thing is annoying, but if you still have these by the end of next week, I'll take them off your hands (get it, cause they're gloves ayuk yuk). I'm just waiting to sell my other bike.

Still interested?

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice
Ah, forgot to update you, sorry about that. Selling bike #2 is taking far longer than expected. Go ahead and sell the gloves if you get the chance, but if you still have them when I do get it sold, I'm still interested.

auruspex
Oct 17, 2005
I got a Pair of Alpinestars Tech 7 that I'm trying to sell. They are the model below:

http://www.amazon.com/Alpinestars-Tech-Supermoto-Boots-Color/dp/B001TXJ15C

Here's a pic:

They have a decent amount of wear but they have a lot of life left on them. They are US size 11

Anyone interested? I figured I'd start at $150 since I paid about $200 for them from their PO about 6 months ago and have barely worn them.

Thanks!

Commodore 64
Apr 2, 2007

The sky was the color of a television tuned to a dead channel that was orange
I'd like to sell my size 40 US Teknic Rage leather/textile hybrid jacket. I got it earlier this year and it's only been worn a handful of times. It is a slimmer european cut and I'm selling it because it no longer fits me. $100 + shipping obo. Pm me or email me at wraith216 at gmail dot com.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
edit; gone

-Inu- fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Nov 8, 2011

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Cross post from SA Mart:

Selling a brand new Harley Davidson Soulless leather jacket with removable hoodie. It is size Large Tall. It has never been worn, except to try it on. Of course as soon as I got it I took the tags off and tossed them, so sorry, no tags. BUT it is 100% brand new. Work for about a minute before it was just hung up in my closet. I have too many jackets, so looking to sell this one.

Here are some better pics and full specs:
http://happarel.com/harley-davidson-leather-jackets-c-8/harley-davidson-vintage-men-s-souless-leather-jacket-97026-11vm-p-280

Asking $310 shipped including PayPal fees. PayPal is justin@detroitbass.com

Only registered members can see post attachments!

auruspex
Oct 17, 2005

Jack Black posted:

Now reduced to $260. Or trade, I seriously just want a quality jacket that fits and isn't too flashy.

PMd you! My accident trashed my gear so I'm in the market again :\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Selling this as I no longer need it: SOLD SOLD SOLD

Cardo Scala Rider Teamset!

Read more about it here:
http://www.amazon.com/Cardo-Systems-Scala-Teamset-SRTS029/dp/B0012TR7Y0
Or Here:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/13/116/11904/ITEM/Cardo-Systems-Scala-Rider-Teamset.aspx

Comes with two communicators, driver and passenger. The driver one does A2DP bluetooth for music, phone, whatever, and the passenger one can listen in on all of the above if needed. They are really built for rider/passenger communication but BotchedLobotomy and I used them as a poor man's bike to bike intercom.

They work well within 25 feet or so, so you have to ride pretty close to your buddy for them to work. No complaints about the audio quality or connectivity.

$100 to your door.

Retails for around $180 - $200 usually

Comes with two communicators, mounts, tandem charger and boom mics. Also comes with one 3.5mm headphone plug in case your ghetto rear end phone doesn't have bluetooth but you still want to listen to music. Or use an ipod or something that requires a cord.

Frozen Pizza Party fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Nov 13, 2011