Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Ograbme posted:

That was Rose answering the question "how big is it". If she meant mass, then Scratch's lies by omission have been rubbing off.

Don't forget that our entire universe existed inside of a frog which Jack Noir was able to see with his own two eyes. If that universe was to-scale, it definitely wouldn't look like it did to an external observer.

Size and scale, like space and time, can be pretty flexible in this story. The Green Sun may literally be made up of the mass of two universes, but it's still small enough to see normally. A galaxy might be the size of your fist, but if you were actually in that universe, you'd be many orders of magnitude smaller, too, and thus the galaxy would be, well, galaxy-sized. At least that's my understanding of how this stuff works.

Afraid of the Darko goes great with all this Green Sun / Doc Scratch chat, by the way. What instruments make up the bulk of the background sound in that song?

Buff Skeleton fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

Ograbme posted:

That was Rose answering the question "how big is it". If she meant mass, then Scratch's lies by omission have been rubbing off.

No, she straight-up says "mass".

TG: how big
TG: i need a sense of scale here
TG: is it like the size of our sun
TG: or bigger
TG: or is it only as big as like
TG: planet loving jupiter

TT: It is nearly twice the mass of our universe.

TG: ok thats pretty loving big

Besides, Hussies already talked about how they're dealing with "distances" - it's out in the furthest ring, where time works like a windows 95 progress bar. Your journey will be complete in 8 seconds / 360 billion years / 10.25 minutes okay you're done. This is also why the sollux powered meteor isn't in dire need of explanation.

Fagtastic fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Oct 29, 2011

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.

Supercar Gautier posted:

For reference, I was talking about their journey from the centre of the green sun to its surface. If the thing is twice the size of our universe and spherical, then it has a radius of 60 billion light years. All I meant was that immense distances in the story are rather easily dismissed by various plot elements.

Well, a light year is how much space light can travel in the time of a year.

e: In case it wasn't clear, I was emphasizing Rose as the hero of light, and Dave as the hero of time. Therefore both aspects that make up a light-year are under their domain.

QueerPope fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 29, 2011

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

What part of that post made you think I don't know that light years measure distance?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

You know, considering this is the last act, and I think at one point Hussie said Act 6 would be more of an epilogue than anything...

...is it possible they're not even going to fight Lord English?

Maybe they're just going to accept him as a universal constant, find a universe where he doesn't exist / deliberately jump to a Beta Timeline where he isn't summoned, and just live.

I mean, I'm not saying it's likely, but maybe we're assuming too much that there's going to be a giant, DMK-style final-boss fight.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Bobulus posted:

You know, considering this is the last act, and I think at one point Hussie said Act 6 would be more of an epilogue than anything...

...is it possible they're not even going to fight Lord English?

Maybe they're just going to accept him as a universal constant, find a universe where he doesn't exist / deliberately jump to a Beta Timeline where he isn't summoned, and just live.

I mean, I'm not saying it's likely, but maybe we're assuming too much that there's going to be a giant, DMK-style final-boss fight.

Act 7 is going to be more an epilogue than anything. Act 6 is just not going to be as long as Act 5 was (assuming it doesn't derail.)

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
^^

I'm pretty sure of that myself. The story has Jack as just about the most threatening physical presence a plot can cope with. Lord english will turn out to be something completely unexpected and different, and if anyone 'fights' him, it wont be with a pop-o-matic vrillyoo hammer.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Hussie also said Act 7 would be mostly comprised of flash pages, and you just know how much plot can get done in a single flash page. Unless plans changed that is, there should be plenty of story time left for any plot point like beating Lord English.

Also its pretty presumptuous to say Vriska's plot is done, only Hussie knows that.

Pleasant Friend fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Oct 29, 2011

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Call me crazy (or a slowpoke, if this has already been said) but I was just rereading Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff and I think it's its own session rather than just a funny reflection of the events of Homestuck. I mean, they fall rear end-over-head into the game, they alchemize stuff, have only one Prospit player, thus making their session void, they have a time out from their own big man, Hella Jeff dies on his quest bed (bottom right corner), Hella Jeff is actually depicted sleeping on Derse, they have their own scratching device (the church) which they know how activate because it's a call-back to a dream hella Jeff had that involved the big man and a yellow yard stick, then Hella Jeff watches the new sports (session) unfold in his post-scratch universe, only to be joined by Sweet Bro who bursts through a motherfucking wall to get there.

loving and, just like how our critical moment happened on a Tuesday and it took forever for Monday to be over, the same damned thing happened to them.

"Zoo" and "Thed Date" are post-SBaHJ-scratch events.

IT'S WATER loving TIGHT.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

Roger Explosion posted:

Call me crazy (or a slowpoke, if this has already been said) but I was just rereading Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff and I think it's its own session rather than just a funny reflection of the events of Homestuck. I mean, they fall rear end-over-head into the game, they alchemize stuff, have only one Prospit player, thus making their session void, they have a time out from their own big man, Hella Jeff dies on his quest bed (bottom right corner), Hella Jeff is actually depicted sleeping on Derse, they have their own scratching device (the church) which they know how activate because it's a call-back to a dream hella Jeff had that involved the big man and a yellow yard stick, then Hella Jeff watches the new sports (session) unfold in his post-scratch universe, only to be joined by Sweet Bro who bursts through a motherfucking wall to get there.

loving and, just like how our critical moment happened on a Tuesday and it took forever for Monday to be over, the same damned thing happened to them.

IT'S WATER loving TIGHT.

it's funny also because didn't orignally they say "oh yeah, we're a 12 player session and we'd create a 4 player universe, so a 4 player universe would create a 2/1 player session" or whatever?

I know it's not true but it's fun idle thought

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

QueerPope posted:

Well, a light year is how much space light can travel in the time of a year.

e: In case it wasn't clear, I was emphasizing Rose as the hero of light, and Dave as the hero of time. Therefore both aspects that make up a light-year are under their domain.

The funny thing is that space, time, and light are all inextricably linked together in the underlying mechanics of our universe. One of the profound conclusions drawn from Einstein's Theories of Relativity is that everything travels at the speed of light (or more accurately, c) through space-time. Light in a vacuum travels purely parallel to the space axis, while relatively stationary objects travel parallel to the time axis. Relative motion causes you to travel at a slight slant towards the space axis. Not only that but it causes the space and time axes to become slanted as well. That's not to say that space and time are exactly the same thing, but they're still both linked together by light.

I guess that leaves John as the oddball.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
"Windy thing" does seem like a pretty weaksauce power now that we have a dog-lady who can shrink planets.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
I know there's a lot of time and relativity fuckery going on here, but just bear with me because I'm not really quite following something.

In the shot where Gamzee is talking to Doc Scratch and he is calling them (us) all suckers, that's the point where "the most important character in homestuck fondly regards the miracle of a new beginning" as the clock timer hits 00:00, right? And we know now that the timer is the detonation of the tumor bomb and the creation of the green sun.

But isn't Gamzee still in murder-mode in that shot? He's talking in his murder-mode quirk, and other than Lil Cal appears to be alone. Does that mean his whole showdown with the other four surviving trolls has yet to happen and ultimately transpires AFTER the end of the timer? And if so, how long after? And why did it take that long for the beacon to appear? Just the rules of how long it would take for the light of the green sun to reach them from the furthest ring?

Help me Homestuck thread you're my only hope.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

He still has the typing quirk (because he's still out of sopor slime) but this is after Karkat pap-shooshed him into submission so he's not actively murdering people anymore.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

"Windy thing" does seem like a pretty weaksauce power now that we have a dog-lady who can shrink planets.

I think John's strength is in directness.

I mean with the other human players, we have:
-Jade, who can as we said, shrink planets and do other super-versatile things
-Rose, who by my guess can tell the future
-Dave, who can make time his bitch

Now all that stuff could be really useful in a fight, but alone they're not gonna do anything. You need to pair them with something, or use them in very creative ways, for them to do anything when faced with either an omnipotent stab-happy dog or the consumer of realities.

John's use of wind is actually a weapon in and of itself, that can be targeted and directed at his enemies. It can be used as a more direct form of 'support' like the rest of the kids' powers, too - I imagine it's hard to fight when a class 5 tornado's bearing down on you.

He might not have the abstract mega-powers that will have to be put into action to survive in a place like the Furthest Ring, but he's great against more conventional stuff; he'd break the game if it were being played normally.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Reene posted:

He still has the typing quirk (because he's still out of sopor slime) but this is after Karkat pap-shooshed him into submission so he's not actively murdering people anymore.

This was my first thought at reasoning this out, but that doesn't explain why he appears to be alone with Lil Cal, especially since this theory seems to assume they see the green sun beacon immediately at its creation, and in the shot where it shows this, he's instead standing with all the other trolls, and Lil Cal is notably absent. So basically I'm running into logic brick walls at every turn here.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Yeah, that's his sober typing style, not his murderous typing style. Until Karkat did the shooshy thing, sobriety drove him to murder, but they're not the same thing.

I think the order of events in troll land goes like this:

1) Terezi stabs Vriska.
2) Everyone else shows up, in the order we saw.
3) Shooooooooooosh.
4) Karkat talks to John on Vriska's computer.
5) Karkat talks to Jade until the connection cuts out on her end due to the Scratch.
6) Maybe some other stuff happens as the trolls talk to each other or something, we haven't seen whatever might go in between. It certainly doesn't seem like anyone else gets killed.
7) Gamzee gets on the computer with Cal sitting in his lap and ends up talking to Doc Scratch, watching the creation of Becsprite etc. He isn't surrounded very closely by everyone else, but there isn't a great deal of empty space around him in the shot so it's not like they're all necessarily miles away.
8) After the Green Sun shows up in the distance, Gamzee gets up (recaptchaloguing Cal) to stare at it with everyone else in that brief shot we saw with Terezi pointing in the wrong direction.
9) Sollux pushes the lab sunward.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

FrictionlessEmu posted:

It's not clear how beta timelines operate, but I really, really doubt that every decision causes a timeline split. Suppose Dave is standing on LOHAC somewhere about to go back in time. Somewhere across the incipisphere, Rose decides whether to blow up a castle or not; this decision creates a beta timeline. But Dave certainly doesn't know about it, and the Daves in both the alpha and the beta timeline go back in time, landing them both in the alpha timeline. So we have a new doomed Dave on our hands. Then think about in how often decisions are being made by someone somewhere - if each decision causes a timeline split, the number of beta timelines grows exponentially. And even if only a tiny fraction of the Daves from those timelines make it back to the alpha, that would still give a pile of doomed Daves large enough to fill up the incipisphere many times over.

But we've only seen three doomed Daves. So there has to be something that severely limits the number of beta timelines that actually exist and are capable of affecting the alpha timeline.
My theory is that there is the Alpha timeline, which is The Way Things Happen, and Beta timelines, which are doomed, but influence the Alpha in some way. There may or may not be Gamma timelines which don't affect either, but they wouldn't be relevant to the comic if they did exist so they might as well not.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

But why did Karkat think John would think he's a "shithead" for what he's done with Gamzee?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Pleasant Friend posted:

But why did Karkat think John would think he's a "shithead" for what he's done with Gamzee?

It sounds like a really wussy way to solve the problem.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Humans don't have moirallegiance, so clearly they couldn't possibly understand.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Pleasant Friend posted:

You don't typically take the dude who killed some of your friends and give him a big hug. You especially don't tell the human you've done your best trying to intimidate and coax into kismesitude for a while just hours previous about it, especially since by now you realize that the quadrants are wasted on him.

Edit vvv Which is why Karkat was kind of exasperated and confused by that.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

But in the same conversation John accepted going on a date with a mass murderer.

posted:

EB: is something wrong?
CG: WHAT
EB: a while ago you talked to me and it sounded like you were in danger, and it sounds like some people died, but you never told me what happened!
EB: then i got distracted by a lot of crazy stuff.
CG: YEAH, SOMETHING IS WRONG
CG: OR, WAS.
CG: A BUNCH OF US DIED, THE END.
CG: I DON'T REALLY WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT.
EB: oh.
EB: are you sure?
CG: YES, AND NOT JUST BECAUSE, OH, THE CLOCK IS RAPIDLY TICKING DOWN TO SOMETHING WE'RE CALLING THE CRITICAL MOMENT, AND NO, I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS, SO CLOSE YOUR REEKING QUESTION GEYSER BEFORE IT ASKS.
EB: but, i'm your friend. aren't i?
CG: OH GOD.
EB: well?
CG: JOHN, I CAN'T HANDLE TALKING ABOUT IT, OK.
CG: I JUST GOT DONE
CG: UH
CG: DEALING WITH GAMZEE
CG: AND I'M FEELING PRETTY EMOTIONAL ABOUT IT. SO PLEASE, NO.
EB: who is gamzee?
CG: HE WAS MY BEST FRIEND.
EB: really? i thought terezi was your best friend.
EB: or wait, maybe she was your girlfriend, i forget...
CG: MY THINK PAN, IT HURTS
CG: IT IS PRESENTLY THREATENING TO MAKE ME ITS BITCH, JOHN. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?
CG: DO YOU WANT YOUR COOL ALIEN PAL TO BECOME THE BITCH OF A RAW, THROBBING THINK PAN?????
CG: SUCH IS THE SCENARIO BEFORE US.
EB: sorry, i don't mean to be nosy. i just want to know some things about your situation!
EB: i am concerned.
CG: GAMZEE WAS MY VERY GOOD FRIEND, WHO WAS THIS GOOFY LOVEABLE BULLSHIT CLOWN UNTIL HE WENT PSYCHO AND KILLED SOME PEOPLE. I LIKED HIM A LOT.
CG: I DON'T KNOW, I GUESS MY BEST FRIEND IS REALLY JUST THE GUY WHO I HAPPEN TO BE FEELING MOST SENTIMENTAL TO AT THE MOMENT, IS THAT A loving CRIME.
EB: heh, no.
EB: i think i know how you feel.
EB: so he killed some people... and then what?
CG: SO THEN I
EB: it's ok, you can tell me.
CG: JOHN, TRUST ME. YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND.
CG: IT'S JUST A TROLL THING, HUMANS WOULDN'T GET IT.
CG: YOU MIGHT THINK I WAS A poo poo HEAD, AND I CAN'T DEAL WITH THAT NOW ON TOP OF EVERYTHING, SO LET'S DROP IT.
EB: hmm.
EB: ok, if you say so.
Its just, in hindsight it seems like this conversation doesn’t make much sense.

Pleasant Friend fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Oct 29, 2011

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
And learning that John knew about Vriska's misdeeds really threw Karkat for a loop. Quite possibly he was thinking that there's no way to predict how these people will react to anything and it'd be better to just not get into it.

(Of course the real reason was so we'd spend the next couple months wondering whether he'd killed Gamzee or not, but it's not like it's entirely out of character.)

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Oct 29, 2011

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Odd how Karkat keeps using the past tense to describe how Gamzee WAS his best friend, over and over. At the time I (like everybody else) assumed that meant he was dead, but I guess not!!! Is moirallegiance considered a completely different thing, or is he just too goddamn terrified of him to consider him a best friend anymore?

On another note, it really feels like Homestuck has made it in the world when searching "Homestuck" on a smartphone ringtone app yields 9 relevant results.

on a third, completely unrelated note, Showtime is now my ringtone

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It was an intentionally misleading conversation, but if we want to handwave it after the fact, current Gamzee, while no longer murder-raging, is probably a very different person than the drug-addled idiot that Karkat knew.

He "was" Karkat's best friend. Now Karkat doesn't know what he is.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
They're palemates! :eng101:

I guess moirallegience is different than being a best friend?

I dunno, reading it after the fact it doesn't actually sound that contradictory. If it's a romance thing then of course he's sentimental about it, and there's a chance he's still confused about how he feels (oh god troll romance talk).

And the shithead thing was probably about hugging a murderer. It's just a troll thing, humans wouldn't get it.

e: (actually when I first read it I was pretty sure Karkat hadn't killed him. Karkat doesn't kill anyone. So I'd assumed the past-tense was just to throw people off, and was attributed to some technicality)

ex2combo: I just realized every surviving troll has killed someone. Aradia killed Vriska, Terezi also killed Vriska, Sollux (unintentionally) killed Aradia, Kanaya killed Eridan, and Gamzee killed Nepeta and Equius.

Every troll except Karkat. Karkat doesn't kill anyone, ever :colbert:

Starmaker fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Oct 29, 2011

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

loquacius posted:

on a third, completely unrelated note, Showtime is now my ringtone

I'm sorry, but that's not how you spell "Carefree Victory" :colbert:

e: wow, I somehow read that as "best" ringtone. Starting over: good choice :) Mine is "Carefree Victory"

Mr. D Bewildering fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Oct 29, 2011

LadySage
Dec 26, 2005

AA: i am very much alive
AA: and i intend to stay that way :)

Starmaker posted:

They're palemates! :eng101:

I guess moirallegience is different than being a best friend?

I dunno, reading it after the fact it doesn't actually sound that contradictory. If it's a romance thing then of course he's sentimental about it, and there's a chance he's still confused about how he feels (oh god troll romance talk).

And the shithead thing was probably about hugging a murderer. It's just a troll thing, humans wouldn't get it.

I'm pretty sure this is it. Moirallegiance is viewed as a romantic relationship, just not a sexual one. I think it's kind of natural to feel a bit nervous, shaken-up, and all around weird when you fundamentally changed the nature of your relationship to someone you're close to.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Roger Explosion posted:

IT'S WATER loving TIGHT.

I refuse to NOT believe this. It's perfect.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
The sound effects when Jeff is getting shot are "shoosh" and "pap" :stare: I never noticed

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

During my second read-through of the scratch intermission, I found something interesting on this page.

The spilling of "blue blood" on the yellow fabric of Vriskas GT outfit created a "green sun".

Sometimes I don't know if it's just because I go looking for stuff like this that I find them, or if Andrew is just that dedicated at foreshadowing events. Or it could just be reaching, I dunno. I thought it was cool.

edit:
Since i'm posting, I may as well mention that on most of the pages where Vriska's ancestor is shown, the pink moon is there as well. Not to mention this journal passage:

Mindfang's Journal posted:

Something 8locked the light of the un8itten moon, treating the har8or to darkness more grim than what fell this season's apogee.
It could be a clue that the pink moon has some importance.

shrug.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Roger Explosion posted:

IT'S WATER loving TIGHT.

I'm going to agree with this theory. We should update a wikipedia somewhere to make sure this is the official explanation of the 2 player game.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If SBaHJ's universe was created in a game of Sburb someone seriously hosed up their frog breeding.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

loquacius posted:

If SBaHJ's universe was created in a game of Sburb someone seriously hosed up their frog breeding.

Running a genesis tadpole through some hot lava = heavy artifacting???

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

I'm sorry, but that's not how you spell "Carefree Victory" :colbert:

e: wow, I somehow read that as "best" ringtone. Starting over: good choice :) Mine is "Carefree Victory"

I used Carefree Victory for a long time, but it's too hard to hear in somewhat noisy areas so I recently switched to the opening of Spider8reath.

Got Volume 8 and it's pretty good.
Cascade (Beta) is awesome, and I really love the new strings in the Even In Death mix and Black Hole/Green Sun. After that the ones I've played most are Love You, Ocean Stars Falling, and Davesprite.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Comic posted:

Which is why Karkat was kind of exasperated and confused by that.

Karkat is perpetually exasperated and confused by the mere existence of John.

quote:

CG: I'M ENDING THIS CONVERSATION BECAUSE I'VE SAID IT ALL TOO MANY TIMES.
CG: AND BECAUSE YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND.
CG: BECAUSE YOU ARE DUMB.
EB: wow, yeah you're totally not trolling me, bro!
EB: i see now we are bffs forever.
CG: THE FACT THAT YOU ARE DUMB
CG: IS AN IMMUTABLE FACT I AM STATING FOR THE RECORD.
CG: IT DOES NOT MEAN ANIMOSITY IS WHAT IS TAKING PLACE HERE.
EB: oh, ok.
EB: so what do you want.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Running a genesis tadpole through some hot lava = heavy artifacting???
I have a feeling that the tadpole is supposed to go into the volcano. Kanaya was the troll in charge of their's and I get the feeling there was more to it then just thawing out the frog planet. Maybe the volcano is just a big womb or something.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I have a feeling that the tadpole is supposed to go into the volcano. Kanaya was the troll in charge of their's and I get the feeling there was more to it then just thawing out the frog planet. Maybe the volcano is just a big womb or something.

This seems awfully likely, actually. In fact, VW's drawing of Jade's planet has always shown the volcano EXPLODING MEGA-HUGE-LIKE, which it hasn't done yet. Maybe the tadpole is supposed to fall into the lava, warm up and grow, then get launched into Skaia by the volcano when it erupts, which is how the frog gets to the Skaia pond thing we saw in the Troll session (before Jack hosed it all up). In the mean time, the kids would theoretically be preparing the Skaia pond and protecting it from meteors and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Cleretic posted:

I think John's strength is in directness.

Pretty sure Jade's got him beat in that, too.

Remember how Nanasprite and Calsprite were shooting lasers around when they got in fights? And remember how Becsprite could shoot an even bigger ultralaser since he could put the Green Sun behind it? Jade's got the powers of a sprite in addition to everything else.