Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude

Ether Frenzy posted:

Can't wait until Howard discovers Tool.

Wasn't Tool's cover of No Quarter, supposed to be on Private Parts, but Tool decided to save it for something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Jim Florentine is gonna be on The Nick and Artie show tonight. That should be great.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
So how long until Benjy tries to hijack the people's mic at OWS?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

ahahahhahahahhahaah Howard didn't know who Primus is

He drat well knew who Primus was at one point. He raved about them at Woodstock 94 and talked about how he liked their album awhile after that.

I think he is just starting to lose his marbles as he has lost what used to make the show great. I haven't listened to a new show in months but I listen to the Nick and Artie podcast every night.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

CrazyAss13 posted:

Wasn't Tool's cover of No Quarter, supposed to be on Private Parts, but Tool decided to save it for something else?

Yes, exactly. He raved about it for a few weeks, and then something went bad with the record deal, and Tool pulled out at the last minute. Howard was REALLY sore, but he stopped talking about it right away, and then never really mentioned it again.

Good cover song, too, check it out.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
On an unrelated note, Artie quoting the movie Brian's Song will never not be funny.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Those choppers havent improved with age have they.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
His primary incisors are easily as big as my thumb knuckle.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
His teeth are a two, but his facial hair is... also a two.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
There is enough ivory in those things to make a 1000 sculptures.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I've been reading Gary's book, and it's pretty good. I like some of his stories, and it's nice to have a little more background on some of the ones we've already heard a bunch of times.

Not very funny, though.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Squashy Nipples posted:

I've been reading Gary's book, and it's pretty good. I like some of his stories, and it's nice to have a little more background on some of the ones we've already heard a bunch of times.

Not very funny, though.
I'll have to get it. Have you read Private Parts and Miss America? They are entertaining reads. Not just the self-serving ego trip you might expect. Howard himself has admitted that he had a ghost writer for them though IIRC. Well worth the 5 dollers or whatever it is now.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Artie's book destroys all other staff books.
I do recommend reading "Quivers: A Life" because if you read it in the old Jackie Queen Quivers voice its hilarious.

Here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdScIrJgQTE

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Yeah Arties is very good and so is Robins. She really had a nasty time of it when she was a kid.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Oh thats funny .. 'The cretins eyes almost popped out'

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Artie's audiobook is really terrific, too. Even Bob Levy's part. I would highly recommend it.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Gary had a boring book and he left out anything funny and he seemed so worried to talk about the show, which is basically the only reason why I would ever read a book from him or any of the other production staff.

It's like Jason Kaplan writing a book called "My Stern Diet" and then just talking about fast food.

The book is called Bababooey, how can it not be about the Stern show?

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

The book is called Bababooey, how can it not be about the Stern show?

Especially since its called "THEY CALL ME Bababooey"
The title implies that it will all be about the show. I am sure thats why a lot of people bought it. They must have been in for a shock when they found out it was about a horse tooth jackass telling stories about his bi-polar mother.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Anybody listen to last night's Nick and Artie show? Nick took a bit of a shot at Stern, it was pretty funny.

*caller tells Artie to go back on Stern"
"Wait, why does that guy want you to go back on Stern show"
"The show has 20 million listeners..."
"Not no more..."
"Yes it does..."
"He does the show, what, like 10 times a year now?"
*nervous laugh from Artie, immediate subject change*

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Daryl DBD posted:

Anybody listen to last night's Nick and Artie show? Nick took a bit of a shot at Stern, it was pretty funny.

*caller tells Artie to go back on Stern"
"Wait, why does that guy want you to go back on Stern show"
"The show has 20 million listeners..."
"Not no more..."
"Yes it does..."
"He does the show, what, like 10 times a year now?"
*nervous laugh from Artie, immediate subject change*

Hahaha, nice.

I'm dying to know if Artie still listens to the show and ALSO what he thinks of the state of it now.

edit; Now Howard's gonna attack Nick and it'll be the Leno/Stuttering John thing all over again.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Hey, if Nick had kept his horrible show on 101, the best we could have hoped for is a political debate between him and John the Stutterer.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I'm liking the new show so much that I don't care at all about him going back on Stern. The only thing would be that he is more likely to address the crazy circumstances that led to it (stabbing himself, etc.) and that would be interesting, but that's why he's working on the new book. I realize I'm an Artie fan, not a Stern fan.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Daryl DBD posted:

I realize I'm an Artie fan, not a Stern fan.

Artie is just a likeable guy. I don't know why, but even when he's telling the most horrible stories from his life he still manages to put a positive spin on him.

Howard, on the other hand, is just negative to the core. I find myself becoming physically and mentally tired just listening to him complain some days.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Daryl DBD posted:

I'm liking the new show so much that I don't care at all about him going back on Stern. The only thing would be that he is more likely to address the crazy circumstances that led to it (stabbing himself, etc.) and that would be interesting, but that's why he's working on the new book. I realize I'm an Artie fan, not a Stern fan.

You're sure about a new book? Any ETA?

I mean, when is it out, not chapters on Eric the Midget.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Cadence posted:

The Nick and Artie show is now available on iTunes, and I assume any other rss type thing you want to use to download the shows.

As others have said, the show is really fun, even if you do not follow sports.

Maybe the show will be more fun for me to listen to after the world series is over.

I downloaded the first hour on Thursday and it was just nonstop baseball talk. The only thing more boring than the sport of baseball is talking about baseball. I didn't get the references, the debates, or the jokes.

I enjoy the show when they're not talking about baseball. I wish there were some descriptions available of what they talked about each hour. Like Marksfriggin.com, which spared me from listening to Howard this week.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

chiz posted:

I'm dying to know if Artie still listens to the show and ALSO what he thinks of the state of it now.

Heroin tends to warp your perspective, so he might not like it now.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
Nick's Picks and Art's Darts? Looks like the "segments" that Nick mentioned last night are starting up. Why can't they just let them talk?

Edit: Now that they described what the bit will be, doesn't sound half bad. Should be pretty funny. Altough Howard did invent it.

porkfriedrice fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Oct 29, 2011

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
JD is on the Fixing Joe podcast. I haven't listened yet but it might be good. Or at least interesting, maybe...
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/fixing-joe-with-joe-matarese/id442163901

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.

chiz posted:

You're sure about a new book? Any ETA?

I mean, when is it out, not chapters on Eric the Midget.

Ha, nice. Anyway, pretty sure he mentioned during the Letterman appearance that he was working on a second book, if I remember correctly.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

chiz posted:

Hahaha, nice.

I doubt it. Artie's had one thing in his favor: he never really badmouths previous employers. When he ran out of MadTV high on drugs, he still kept coming back to the show and kept on good terms with Quincy Jones and such. With Stern, he'll probably wish them the best and continue on without mentioning anything else. Nick's doing it to get some juice for the show, but it's unnecessary. Artie is back on the air and is comfortable, and that's all that really matters.

Daryl DBD posted:

Exactly. And Artie got me into the Stern show as well.

Vakal posted:

Artie is just a likeable guy. I don't know why, but even when he's telling the most horrible stories from his life he still manages to put a positive spin on him.

Howard, on the other hand, is just negative to the core. I find myself becoming physically and mentally tired just listening to him complain some days.

I think it's because Artie has a sense of honesty that is much more real and harsh. Stern can go on about his lovely childhood and all the rings he had to climb, but Artie's journey is much more dark and brutally honest. Artie puts himself out there in ways that Howard can't or won't, and adds insight that breaks through the haze of addiction. Not to mention he's a decent guy. Even when he's drugged to the gills, there's just something very jovial and fun about him. It's why someone like me can go from 'get some help, get off the show' to 'why did he kill himself I hope he's okay' in a matter of minutes.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
I just wish Howard would stop telling the how he wipes his arse story, that is a brutally honest tale to tell but enough already. He has done that 50 times easy.

Gives me douch chills.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Graviton v2 posted:

I just wish Howard would stop telling the how he wipes his arse story, that is a brutally honest tale to tell but enough already. He has done that 50 times easy.

Gives me douch chills.

True, but for some reason I could listen all day to Artie telling his story where he had to take a poo poo in a county jail lockup while handcuffed to a bleeding Mexican man.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Vakal posted:

True, but for some reason I could listen all day to Artie telling his story where he had to take a poo poo in a county jail lockup while handcuffed to a bleeding Mexican man.
Yeah cant argue with that :)

This still makes me smile...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LQOVWX9bTA

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Vakal posted:

Artie's stories are interesting because they involve interesting situations, while Howard's stories just seem to be about how his neuroses affect his life as a rich white male.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
So is the show officially at three days a week? I haven't been listening too much lately.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

chiz posted:

So is the show officially at three days a week? I haven't been listening too much lately.

Yup.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

You can always listen to Bubba try to be the poor man's Neil Boortz on Thursdays and Fridays. Weed/Flat tax/pedophiles/Bubba Raceway Park.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Accidentally tuned into Abe Kanan today. Fell asleep at wheel. Crashed car.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Anyone catch when Howard was talking to Rob From Howard TV about his movie-themed tattoos and Howard asked "can any of your tattoos be contemporary like from The Godfather?"

Oh Howard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Szyznyk posted:

You can always listen to Bubba try to be the poor man's Neil Boortz on Thursdays and Fridays. Weed/Flat tax/pedophiles/Bubba Raceway Park. static

Seriously as a former fan the show is unlistenable.

Here's an example of the afternoon show, on Friday by new talent Shannon Burke. He spent over an hour taking calls from listeners about what car he should get without giving any details. On Tuesday and Thursday it was railing on OWS because they reportedly displaced the organic farmers market. Not to mention spending a whole day post death of Job's talking about Apple and the cloud. This is the best show at the moment :doh:

Ledge show at night is NWO, 9/11(tons on loose change), big banks, and free market stuff.

RadioIO is going to implode in the next few months stock has gone from .50 to .04 over the past year. The should also run out of cash this quarter but hey Bubba got his raceway out of the deal and seems to be aligning to go back to clear channel.