Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mootmoot
Jan 29, 2006
Its pretty cool, but I'm a sucker for the 1990's Baywatch-style 'Daytona' script on the bottom of the bike. Not a big fan of the modern script. I should be all about the bike, but I'm about the $2 sticker on the fairing. :snoop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Holy poo poo that exhaust

Also I've never seen the white/blue scheme in the states, is it new or old or what

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

My blingin' gold is the bestest :colbert:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Snowdens Secret posted:

Holy poo poo that exhaust

Also I've never seen the white/blue scheme in the states, is it new or old or what
Yeah, we got it for a few years, I believe. It's a special edition, so it might be limited in number.

mootmoot
Jan 29, 2006
I've really bought into the Cult of Triumph. I don't know how other owners feel about it, but I'm 6754lyfe. Its light, fast, looks the poo poo and at the moment is a complete pack-leader with regards to midrange sportsbikes. Maybe in the future when I get a 1000+ bike I'll look outside the wire but for the moment (apart from the insane turning circle) it's perfect.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, we got it for a few years, I believe. It's a special edition, so it might be limited in number.

2011 special edition :(

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001
Coworker has the blue/white 675, I will attest to its sexiness. He's got some arrow exhausts on there and they sound great too.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

I really want a Daytona/Street Triple but they're way out of my budget. Maybe when I'm 40 and balding. :smithicide:

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Odette posted:

Maybe when I'm 40 and balding. :smithicide:

Nah, then it's Ducati time.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
And then you're only 10 years time from your Charlie McEwan stirrings.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Forty Two posted:

Mother of God. Those are the hottest pipes heat has ever been piped through.

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007

Ola posted:

Mother of God. Those are the hottest pipes heat has ever been piped through.

Does it show that I've been thinking about this a lot?

It won't be happening for me though, not until I buy a new place which won't be for a few years yet.

King Nothing
Apr 26, 2005

Ray was on a stool when he glocked the cow.

Forty Two posted:

Looks nice but a dual exhaust on a three cylinder bike is kinda strange.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

King Nothing posted:

Looks nice but a dual exhaust on a three cylinder bike is kinda strange.

Do you feel the same way with 4 cylinders? :raise:

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

King Nothing
Apr 26, 2005

Ray was on a stool when he glocked the cow.

KARMA! posted:

Do you feel the same way with 4 cylinders? :raise:

If it had a three-pipe exhaust, yes.

auruspex
Oct 17, 2005
The fiance's new-to-her 2001 Honda Nighthawk 250 (6060 miles!)

Just rode it 140 miles from our home town back to Orlando. Thing can maintain at 65 no problem down the interstate! Really super pristine and got it for a steal with a completely clean title. She's really excited to start tooling around town on it!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

King Nothing posted:

If it had a three-pipe exhaust, yes.

Aren't most multi pipes all coming out of a single source anyhow? As in header into one, and then split again?

Personally, I want an tailpipe for each exhaust valve. :colbert:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

slidebite posted:

Aren't most multi pipes all coming out of a single source anyhow? As in header into one, and then split again?

Personally, I want an tailpipe for each exhaust valve. :colbert:

KTM 690 SM holds the answers.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Z3n posted:

KTM 690 SM holds the answers.

It holds a lot of answers.

Scary Monster
Oct 29, 2000

Nerobro posted:

I couldn't have said it better myself. I assume you're a member of https://www.thegsresources.com

I own a 1980 GS550E, a 1983 GS550ES, 1986 GS550ES, a 1980 GS450L and a 1979 GS425. It's contagious. Skreemer bought his 1983 GS550E before we knew jack about GS's. Jared had a honda, saw our GS's... Well he rides a 1983 GS750E now. KDC67, well it may have rubbed off on her. She's got a 1980 GS550E now, and a 1977 GS400X. And there's a myriad of other GS's on the forum. Ola has his GS750ES (neuterd..)

Nerobro posted:

Scary Monster! Dude, I had an 82 XS400 SECA. We nicknamed it the gutless wonder. They had a habbit of seizing on their cam chain guides.... recovering the lost bit of guide required removing the entire top end assembly. I may have a picture of it somewhere. I'd prefer to forget it. It really is the worst motorcycle I've ever ridden. And KDC's LT2 has some bad feeling about it. And I've ridden my 80 without a tight enough axle.

You heard a honda RR fits, you now know someone who's installed two of them on GS's. And several GSX-R r/rs. I get them off ebay, for $20-30 shipped. I do the testing and thow them on.

For a while I had both.

Eventually the winter road salt seized too much and rendered my GS totally unserviceable. Then some guy kept leaving notes on my GS begging to buy it. I kept throwing them away but he was really persistent. I warned him about all the ways the bike was finished and he "appreciated my honesty" and started slapping down hundred dollar bills until I couldn't take it anymore. So I let him go and sent him to Rosey Toes. Ted Rose told him he got hosed and when I visited him next he yelled at me. He couldn't believe that I had ripped someone off he was outraged, but I swore that I had done everything I could to stop him.

I showed up on this:

"and what the gently caress is that you human being loving handjo--hmanahummana... "
It's an '05 FZ1 with 10km in mint condition.

I knew he'd be mad at me, but when you know a man who has been a bike mechanic for decades, and well enough that he raised you from a pup. Chances are you get turned on by the same things.

This is a phenomenal bike.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
This is what happens when you ask your girlfriend to take a picture of your motorcycle.

In other news, Tortilla Flat was awesome. Sorry about the Tracphone picture, forgot to take the camera with me.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

Quite A Tool posted:

This is what happens when you ask your girlfriend to take a picture of your motorcycle.

:lol:

Fantastic!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Quite A Tool posted:

Sup tortilla buddy

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Scary Monster posted:

I showed up on this:

"and what the gently caress is that you human being loving handjo--hmanahummana... "
It's an '05 FZ1 with 10km in mint condition.

This is a phenomenal bike.

Agreed with you here. I just picked up an immaculate 07 in red with 10089 (once I got it home) for what amounts to $gently caress all. Man I giggled like an idiot the whole way home. I went blasting down some back roads and the bike can go from just about anywhere in any gear. I loves it.

Now I just have to figure out if I have to sell my Shadow Phantom or whether I can keep both. I really like my Phantom, but this bike will clearly be getting most of my time. Plus living in an apartment means having nowhere within a few miles to store more than one as well.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
My bad rear end streetfighter. :smug:

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
After seeing videos of my GoPro my dad decided to buy one and we went riding today.

Grabbed a pic of me and my Ninjette:

Here's Him:

Oglogoth fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 14, 2011

Fixed Gear Guy
Oct 21, 2010

In a ketchup factory. A sexy ketchup factory.
Here's my first bike, a new-to-me 2001 EX250. Love the cheesy graphic decals that look like holdovers from the 90s. Unfortunately she's been sitting in a storage locker for many years, so I have the privilege of paying the stealership a nice sum of money to get it clean, running well, and safe. I will do my own maintenance in the future, but I wanted a decent baseline/sanity check to begin.

It also looks like it's been down once, but it's only got cosmetic damage. Some scuffs and two cracks on the lower fairings, a scuffed left mirror, and scratched bar-ends. The latter two will be replaced in time.

epix
Aug 7, 2004
Wasn't planning at all at picking up another DR650 (already have a '96 with supermoto setup and offroad wheelset) but this one has 1/3 the miles and was in pristine condition. Came with a folder full of reciepts and aftermarket goodies that total more than the cost I paid for the bike.

Thinking winter time I'll be swapping over pieces from my old one to this one and sell the 96 come tax return season.

Thank goodness that dorky rear end top box and screen are easily removable!

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

epix posted:

Wasn't planning at all at picking up another DR650 (already have a '96 with supermoto setup and offroad wheelset) but this one has 1/3 the miles and was in pristine condition. Came with a folder full of reciepts and aftermarket goodies that total more than the cost I paid for the bike.

Thinking winter time I'll be swapping over pieces from my old one to this one and sell the 96 come tax return season.

Thank goodness that dorky rear end top box and screen are easily removable!

This is the best looking motorcycle I've ever seen, and you own two of them. I am jealous.

auruspex
Oct 17, 2005
So since I finally got all my gear in and I'm happy with my weight, here's a fun before and after (maybe this is more E/N but whatever!)

About two years ago this time:

And today (100lb less for me and bike is about 200lb less):

Feeling great and loving the hobby! On the right is my fiance's new-to-her 2001 Nighthawk CB250 and this is right after we went for a nice long ride for Dim Sum!

Really have to say thanks to all of you on this forum for being an inspiration for a young rider like me. Really glad I got into this hobby and while I'm terrified to post often on SA, reading your guys posts has really been wonderful to get me going in motorcycling and taking much needed advice.

Thanks all!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Congrats on both your weight loss and your sweet bike!

And remember...at least here on SA, we're just a bunch of people that like bikes. And Skyrim. So you shouldn't feel intimidated to post :)

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

What z3n said. That's quite the transformation you've gon through, both physically and motor-ogically, Congrats! You don't have to be weary of posting here, CA is just E/N about motorcycles :)

BaKESAL3
Nov 7, 2010
Congrats and welcome to CA! Something tells me you're going to fit in just fine here. If I haven't been called out or probated for my lovely posting yet I don't think you have anything to worry about. Most people here just want people to talk to about motorcycles.

I'd go ahead and post in the goon rides thread if that's your kind of thing so those close to you can welcome you in person. I really don't think I've met anyone on here in person that wasn't honest or friendly.

Chill_Bebop
Jun 20, 2007

Waffle SS
Picked up this 1978 KE100 Enduro today for a few hundred dollars. Its pretty drat fun, and my first two-stroke. Its a big change going from an XR650 to 100cc.

Going to either sell it to my buddy or put a little work in it and try to sell it at a profit. Definitely not for my long term use- I'm 6'3 and dwarf this bike.

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer

ari.gato posted:

Just finished a seven month resto-mod on my '96 Yamaha XJ600.

EDIT - teaser pic:

Bit of an older post, but this bike's inspired me to finally get into gear and do something similar with my Bandit 600S (the one with the little fairing). I've always been a huge fan of the naked look (had a Bandit 400 that was too unreliable to be useful) but I got a good deal on a very good condition 98 600S, so I just went with it. I also don't have a real garage to work in, and this is something I can do with my limited resources.

As a bonus, this'll keep me from tearing up some old CB cafe style, which was my original plan.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Z3n posted:

Congrats on both your weight loss and your sweet bike!

And remember...at least here on SA, we're just a bunch of people that like bikes. And Skyrim. So you shouldn't feel intimidated to post :)

Well, as long as you post about Skyrim anyway.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

My '07 SV650A with her fat, ugly friend.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
Here's mine, 2008 Daytona 675 with 15,000 Kilometers on it.

On the subject of exhausts, I'd love to fit a Jardine RT-1 to it, but can't really justify the cost. they sound and look so brilliant though

mootmoot posted:

2009 Triumph Daytona 675. Taken it up to 135 on the road, not on the track yet. Chickened out from taking it any higher.

Love it.

Whats the MFG Date on the compliance sticker? because the 09's had redesigned headlights and decals. looks like an 08 to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

I have a few pictures, and this isn't all of them, but probably my favourite at the moment (still no pictures of me on my bike :( )

That's all of our bikes - Dads, my older brothers, mine (blue), sisters, little brothers dirt bikes and mums dirt bike. (She barely touches it (mum)).

Dad, my sister and me.

Dads bike (Honda VF1000-F) and my bike (Kawasaki ZZR250) at Grantham just the other day.

My bike soon after I got it, after we done some work on repairing the cracks in the fairing from the previous owners.