Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

the most Jose Lima game of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Oh my god this ToC is going to kill me. I'm a game 7 win away from playing for the championship after a crazy series comeback...

but I'm going to have to have a bullpen game since my only two non-poo poo starters are gassed:

Pena has a high pull with no TPC and a 40 MPC, I really wish I could play it live though. Hopefully my offense can do a lot against 1909 Cy Morgan :ohdear:

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Scott Podsednik hits a home run off of Addie Joss.

WiS owns.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

Power of Pecota posted:

Oh my god this ToC is going to kill me.

You wanna talk about a ToC killing you: in a three game sweep I outhit my opponent 32 hits, 9 walks, 8 XBHs vs 29 hits, 5 walks, 5 XBHs

:\

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=15945878&pid=2&pbp=0&tf=12.95

HOLY gently caress

E: sidenote, I think I have a legit wis rival in napolean, he finished ahead of my 100+ win OL team in its division, I upset him in the playoffs, he beat my '70s Reds team in the ToC finals, and now we're playing in the ToC finals again...

Power of Pecota fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Oct 24, 2011

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Juan Gone hit dinger number 30 on my Pick Six team, so now every starter has hit 30 dingers. Dingers.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Beltran got to 40 dingers last update, I love this team. First place in dingers by 89

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Here is my rule V Giants team. I really am interested to see just how awesome Sir Barry's OBP will be. With well over 200 dingers, it's sad that i'm going to have to play in AT&T.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Annnnd here's my Rule V Mets team:

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

Rolen at SS over HoJo? What led to that decision?

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Ivan Drago posted:

Rolen at SS over HoJo? What led to that decision?

I pulled back Olerud instead of HoJo or Reyes and they both got drafted in the same round.

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

jeffersonlives posted:

I pulled back Olerud instead of HoJo or Reyes and they both got drafted in the same round.
I'm surprised he made it through at least one round of drafting, but maybe I overvalue him a bit. He's the one cookie I'm unashamed of using any chance I get regardless of the theme or cap.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

One of the problems the Mets have in this theme is that there's soooooo many draftable players. The drafting went kind of weird and I only lost HoJo, Reyes, Ojeda, and Alfonso, all of whom I was able to replace with similar or better pieces, so that just went lucky basically.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Ivan Drago posted:

I'm surprised he made it through at least one round of drafting, but maybe I overvalue him a bit. He's the one cookie I'm unashamed of using any chance I get regardless of the theme or cap.

Honestly wouldn't be shocked to see HoJo go entirely undrafted some time if he were left exposed, considering the eccentricities of this league and how long it has run. Strategically, he loses a lot of value a.) at 120m (especially when you can't even hit 120m without overspending) and b.) playing behind modern pitchers. He's still a great player but in this environment he's really not the same.

Also, Reds:

Gonna draw so many walks. All of the walks.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

gently caress ERIC DAVIS

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I have fairly mixed feelings about '77 Tom Seaver, he got my '70s Reds theme team to the WS and the ToC WS, but I lost both of those series and between them he blew four games.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

I have fairly mixed feelings about '77 Tom Seaver, he got my '70s Reds theme team to the WS and the ToC WS, but I lost both of those series and between them he blew four games.

Were you using the full or split season?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Full season, I needed all the quality IP I could get.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Power of Pecota posted:

Tom Seaver is an rear end in a top hat. AV can back me up

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Groucho Marxist posted:

He was okay/nothing special for my Mets Rule V team. He was god awful and single handedly cost me the division in the Zodiac league.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

Groucho Marxist posted:

I can also get behind this post. I don't remember which league it was, but Seaver was godawful for me.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

02 Barry is currently sporting a nice .528OBP in the random captain league right now. I can't wait to see what 04 Barry is going to do in rule V.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

You wanna talk about a ToC killing you: in a three game sweep I outhit my opponent 32 hits, 9 walks, 8 XBHs vs 29 hits, 5 walks, 5 XBHs

:\

ToC Championship so far

http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=15953304&pid=2&pbp=0&tf=12.95
http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=15961132&pid=2&pbp=0&tf=12.95

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Today I randomly figured out the dude I wish I would have thought of for that traded player league. I would love to run it as the next goon league with a lower cap and added exclusiveness for players.

:sigh:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
6 runs on 25 pitches is impressive. It's good to have an efficient back end of the bullpen.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Also 7 batters faced and none retired.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

AlleyViper posted:

Did you start a 2nd HBD team? If so what world?

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Scrotos posted:

Did you start a 2nd HBD team? If so what world?

Devo and I are in Hometown.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

AlleyViper posted:

Devo and I are in Hometown.

I officially have no farm system after today. It's the complete opposite of my Dimaggio team.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Devo posted:

I officially have no farm system after today. It's the complete opposite of my Dimaggio team.

Holy poo poo, hadn't seen that yet. While I assume that's essentially just one seven player deal, in isolation I don't really love the Ray Lee half of it. As entire package I didn't really look at it close enough to say.

In unrelated news, it's been awhile since I've had a day this good

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah it's all meant to be one deal. I had it worked out for Gabe Stottlemyre but he pulled 10/5 bullshit and nixed the trade. Ray Lee was actually my third choice there, KC didn't want to move Reed Cook (not that I blame him).

This doesn't seem to be the type of world that pulls the veto trigger lightly so I'm not too worried about it, but I will be pissed it the Canseco half gets whacked and I'm stuck with just Ray Lee.

Now it's time to milk those offers I got for Pete Barnes!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Can't figure Thome out. 2nd in RBI's, can barely hit above the Mendoza line.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Did your trade get vetoed, devo?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

AlleyViper posted:

Did your trade get vetoed, devo?

Won't know until this afternoon. Hopefully it's just Atlanta being an rear end in a top hat and Pawtucket not wanting me to dominate the division (Because I took 3 of 4 from him at his place(because his team sucks))

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Ah, okay. That last comment in world chat reads like the deal has already been vetoed so I was confused and wondered if I missed it somehow.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Dumbasses vetoed one half without vetoing the other. Sent it through again and only need one owner to change his mind.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Jesus, I didn't like that as a single trade for you but it was nowhere near vetoable. What the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

As is it massively screws KC and I'll feel terrible if it gets vetoed again.

• Locked thread