Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

DOOMocrat posted:

breaking bad is a good show but it's suffering from 24 syndrome for this reason

24 syndrome being what exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
gonna guess it's the leads being immortal and having a mutant healing factor

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

formulaic peril ad nauseum and what haveblue said

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_lines

1. stupid animu illustration
2. isn't actually an example of what the article is about (the lines are framing the scene and are emphasising the spectacle of the scene as a whole, not movement of any kind)

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
busty anime amputee :q:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

unixbeard posted:

im the transitions on the left

im the transitions 4 to the right

Wit_sponge
Dec 29, 2008

FUUUCK

Rufo posted:

busty anime amputee :q:

namechange

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

Hammerite posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_lines

1. stupid animu illustration
2. isn't actually an example of what the article is about (the lines are framing the scene and are emphasising the spectacle of the scene as a whole, not movement of any kind)

also the text is nothing but pseudo mathematical spergshit

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
you could actually write quite an interesting article about what does and doesn't look like motion, whether you lead the eye along some kind of visual rhythm and the difference between real photographic motion blur and using lines to do it and which is more effective and all of that poo poo. gently caress if i can be bothered to write it though

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Barack Pwnbama posted:

that whole list is completely worthless, it doesn't have that dog from resident evil 4

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Barack Pwnbama posted:

that whole list is completely worthless, it doesn't have that dog from resident evil 4

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

dog facts transcend Wikiness. To find true enlightenment we must consult the oracle

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/938877-resident-evil-4-wii-edition/44095253/482908978

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cuddly Coach posted:

To find true enlightenment we must consult the oracle

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards

no, dont!

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

honestly if theres one thing more wrthless than wiki
its my posting

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

2 things then i geuss

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scissors#The_Rolling_Scissors

quote:

More typically what happens next in the rolling scissors is that the initial attacker, aware of his vulnerability caused by the overshoot, also rolls his aircraft, and pulls his nose toward the bandit's aircraft. Due to the two components of the initial overshoot (vertical and horizontal), if the pilots keep attempting to turn their noses toward their opponent, then energy management, elements of roll and turn (as in the flat scissors; although in the rolling scissors there are no reverses of turn), as well as climbs and descents will be required to maintain maneuvering that might, if successful, result in a position from which a shot can be made. What evolves therefore in the rolling scissors is a maneuver that is essentially two aircraft barrel-rolling (An aileron roll is a roll around the longitudinal axis of the aircraft (essentially the fuselage). A barrel roll is different, involving rolling and looping motions, climbing and descending and turning while the aircraft rolls around its longitudinal axis. The barrel roll has a vertical component which the aileron roll lacks. Unfortunately, the two maneuvers are often confused in many contexts, or are used as if they are interchangeable terms. They are not. The "snap roll" is yet another maneuver, commonly seen in aerobatics performances, and is similar to a flat spin (thus involving an aerodynamic stall) and is not typically of any use in ACM) around each other's flight path, which might look like two interwoven cork-screws, or a double helix. The more barrel rolls that are flown in the rolling scissors, the more nearly the rolls become vertical only, as each pilot attempts to deplete enough forward speed to place his fighter behind the other.

look at those parentheses

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

do an aileron roll

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
do a kolvoord starburst

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Sniep posted:

do a kolvoord starburst

turn left wesley! nooooooo

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
I somehow ended up on the Depleted Uranium page and stumbled across:
"It is said aeroplanes have Depleted Uranium in them and so the [[September 11 Attacks]] and the explosions that occurred and the collapse of the twin towers might have been due to Depleted Uranium."
Cited sources were 2 pages saying how aersoled depleted uranium is dangerous and then one from the American Free Press.

Anyway the talk page is pretty awesome.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Depleted_uranium#DU_and_9.2F11

kh23 posted:

Thats just like saying "I dont like it".Point here is the world must know how Americans have truly suffered and its not the other way round as its made to be. That source is the most reliable source there is.If thats not reliable then you then every newspaper must be unreliable in your view. I can nevr forget the way they said President Bush is crazy and all those things.These sources provide justification for all his actions and show they were provoked on him. DU can become explosive if used in the way it was on September 11.How else could those Twin Towers have collapsed if it wasnt for this reason.

After some reasonable explanations of why this makes no sense and American Free Press is poo poo, how the stuff isn't used in modern airplanes, and that he should stop posting the same thing.

kh23 posted:

You can say KH are the initials of my first and last name and I am not Muslim. What shocks me is how I come to think that Wikipedia and its editors are biased towards Muslims.Always showcase their sufferings and little known facts like presence of Depleted Uranium in Aeroplanes and the possibility that 911 was a Depleted Uranium attack are hushed up and ignored. I see on Wikipedia every Sura that is chapter of Quran has an article on it while all chapters of Bible and Gita never have the honour of having their own articles. This is why Islam is rising and soon poised to overtake Christianity within the next decade I have heard as the largest religion on earth demographic wise. They showcase their sufferings and make it look like grave injustices were made against them while true facts are ignored. There are researchers who say Depleted Uranium counterweights were used in the aeroplanes used in 911 attacks. I feel this must be included in the article as I have strong feeling that 911 was a Depleted Uranium attack.Every fact points to this as the way the towers fell was like they imploded from within like in a chain reaction. Please request Wikipedia to stop the bias towards Muslims and ignoring the sufferings of others like nothing ever happened I dont have the time or energy for debate or to keep undo what other editors say shouldnt be there in the article so this is last time I am putting this back in the article hoping it will remain there.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salute_(pyrotechnics)

hmm needs more pics of illegal fireworks, better upload some of mine and specificly state they were made prior to 1966 so the ATF doesnt look me up and raid my "freedom bunker"

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i wonder if the atf have figured out how to scrape exif data yet

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

lol wtf those images are bsd licensed

are they source code or binaries?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Sniep posted:

do a kolvoord starburst

Lamont Cranston posted:

turn left wesley! nooooooo

lollin @ this

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

quote:

Riff-Raff had a girlfriend named Cleo (who possessed a curvaceous figure like most of the popular female cats seen) who did not live in the junkyard, but in a music store.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
cleo was a qt

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Fire_hydrant#Hydrants_and_dogs

Too bad there's nothing about "hydrants in popular culture". The fire hydrant is often associated with dogs, presented as a canine version of a toilet bowl, a place where dogs mark their territory. It appears on many pet products for that reason. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 142.167.51.29 (talk) 20:50, 15 March 2009 (UTC)

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Wired posted:

No offense to the ethnic music community, but Wikipedia deserves more credit. Indeed, the site's monumental compilation of 19 million entries in 282 languages has already had a greater cultural impact world-wide than that now-defunct silver mine and most of the other 936 sites recognized for "outstanding universal value" on the [UNESCO] World Heritage List. (Upper Harz Water Management System, anyone?)
But however much it may deserve designation, the truth is that Wikipedia doesn't need the World Heritage List. The World Heritage List needs Wikipedia.
yeah wired ran some article arguing that wikipedia is one of the most important cultural creations in the world and should be recognized as such by the UN
typing it all up is :effort:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

got dat wmd posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Fire_hydrant#Hydrants_and_dogs

Too bad there's nothing about "hydrants in popular culture". The fire hydrant is often associated with dogs, presented as a canine version of a toilet bowl, a place where dogs mark their territory. It appears on many pet products for that reason. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 142.167.51.29 (talk) 20:50, 15 March 2009 (UTC)

somehow it doesnt surprise me there's a shy fire hydrant fetishist on the internet

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

yeah wired ran some article arguing that wikipedia is one of the most important cultural creations in the world and should be recognized as such by the UN
typing it all up is :effort:

how will future generations co-ordinate the purges if they don't have extensive lists of the anime fans crimes

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigger_(dog)

quote:

According to Bruce Barrymore Halpenny in his books Ghost Stations, the ghost of friend of the family has been seen on numerous occasions around RAF Scampton and also around the Dambusters Memorial at Woodhall Spa

quote:

ghost of friend of the family

mods namechange the needful

(also the thing about the dog actor not leaving the spot where the og friend of the family was buried was p. cool)

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

doesn't radium just need to update one regex to make url parsing work right. whats the hold up

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Topics_in_popular_culture

my fav:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_dog_ghosts_in_popular_culture

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

just a bunch of wiki poo poo in here

jesus gently caress how do you get the gently caress out of this

i swear i am lost

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Drinkfist posted:

just a bunch of wiki poo poo in here

jesus gently caress how do you get the gently caress out of this

i swear i am lost

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Trig Discipline posted:

your door sucks it just sent me back to the job status thread

gently caress me someone give me another door

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
this is like the end of monsters inc except not funny or interesting

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Trig Discipline posted:

this is like the end of monsters inc except not funny or interesting

no i think your doors just loving suck

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Drinkfist posted:

no i think your doors just loving suck

try this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
lol