Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Hemish posted:

I never beat Recettear, no matter how many times I tried I ended up being too short by a small marging. Had my fun with it so that's why it may be set to Beat.

You do know that if you actually let the "game over" thing play out, it puts you into a New Game + mode where you keep all of your store inventory and stuff, making it trivial to pay off the loan if you did a bit of stocking up...right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Kane & Lynch ... I played the second
I'm sorry.

So. Bad news: I caved on the Steam sale, and now have several more games I need to beat.

Good news: One of those games is Bioshock, so at least I'll have fun. I've heard that the basic wrench is an absolute rapetrain with the right upgrades. Can I still dick around with other plasmids and such, or is it one of those "this is the only way the game is remotely fair" FPSs? Because I heard one of them shoots bees. I wanna shoot bees.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
http://i.imgur.com/yhje6.jpg

I'm so close I can taste Victory.

I don't count the persistent games as ones I need to complete because they're all sort of ongoing long running games. :colbert:

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Colon V posted:

Good news: One of those games is Bioshock, so at least I'll have fun. I've heard that the basic wrench is an absolute rapetrain with the right upgrades. Can I still dick around with other plasmids and such, or is it one of those "this is the only way the game is remotely fair" FPSs? Because I heard one of them shoots bees. I wanna shoot bees.

Don't worry about that; Bioshock is balanced/easy enough that every power and gun is pretty useful throughout the game and if you're thorough enough you'll get every one in a single playthrough. Basically shoot bees man, shoot all the bees.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
I haven't had time to play any games recently. The only thing I've done is add to my collection. Rest assured, I will get through them one day.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Colon V posted:

The complaints are all "focusing on the wrench completely trivializes the game", not "the wrench is the only weapon worth using" - I pretty much ignored it completely and did fine. It's a very easy game in any case.

freshlenin
Apr 20, 2007
In the last month I've added Tomb Raider: Anniversary and Underworld, Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY, Bioshock 2, F.E.A.R. 1 and 2, Amnesia and Nation Red. The only game I've finished is Arkham Asylum, which was short but quite fun. I'm very much looking forward to playing Amnesia since I've been waiting for it to go on sale for a couple of months and some of the Youtube clips I've seen of people playing it are filled with hilarious screams of terror.

I now have 45 games on Steam I haven't completed...

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

I think I'm going to get through this sale without buying anything. I was thinking about one or two of the Sherlock Holmes games, but then I remembered how many average to horrible adventure games are already sitting in my list.

So I'm just playing Pyschonauts again. I recommend it, the added achievements are a nice touch too (and I really hope that update means more DoubleFine PC games headed our way).

abiogenesis
Feb 4, 2009
Too late. I bought F.E.A.R., F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point, F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate, and F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin for only $6.95 :( I couldn't NOT get it at that kind of deal.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Add to the list of games I need to beat now Super Meat Boy and Overlord 1 & 2. In my defense, the former was a gift.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

Colon V posted:

Add to the list of games I need to beat now Super Meat Boy and Overlord 1 & 2. In my defense, the former was a gift.

Fair warning: Super Meat Boy is about testing the player to destruction. I can actually think of no point beyond the "these are the controls" levels where I would not expect someone to quit out.

But it's really, really, good.

Meanwhile, I wiped out all my October progress and then some by getting a bunch of indie bundles. I should probably get cracking on those once I want to start clearing stuff out - for now I'm going to keep plugging at the Really Big Games, though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ManxomeBromide posted:

Fair warning: Super Meat Boy is about testing the player to destruction. I can actually think of no point beyond the "these are the controls" levels where I would not expect someone to quit out.
You're talking to a guy who started a no power-ups run of Super Mario World, and succeeded. This game will be my bitch, even if I have to die a hundred and ten million times to do it.

That being said, the "beat X without dying" achievements can go gently caress themselves.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Despite getting Batman: Arkham City (which I beat, to my credit) and Dead Rising 2: OTR within the past week, I've spent most of my time playing Brutal Doom and Painkiller: Supernatural, both mods of base games I've already beaten.

I'm in old school shooter heaven :black101:

In my defense, the painkiller mod uses levels from the first two Painkiller expansions, so I'm going to give myself credit for beating them both. :colbert:

crazy8
Aug 27, 2003

bawk bawk
With this current Halloween sale I bought Borderlands pack,Dead Space pack,Cthulu Saves the World,Ghost Busters and Nation Red all of that for $40 bucks was too drat good of a deal to pass up.....plus i told my parents just to give me money for Christmas for the Steam Christmas sale. (its ok because I also asked for a weiner dog)

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I am still playing through Alpha Protocol but during the Steam sale I picked up Breath of Death VII/Cthulhu Saves the World for $2 and was gifted Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Might also pick up Bioshock 2 since I enjoyed the first. I'm also playing through the single player campaign for Battlefield 3 but am spending most of my time in the multiplayer for that. It's really fun playing with friends and to be honest, I don't see myself playing much other than that until at least the end of November. At least I have 10 days off around Christmas to burn through more of my backlog.

I really need to updated my backloggery.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

I almost made it. And then they dropped Costume Quest down to $5.

I don't regret it though, this is a fun little game.

Also, if anyone is interested, the creator of Backloggery is playing through Amnesia live on the site right now. I generally hate watching people play games, but watching Amnesia runthroughs can be endlessly entertaining.

edit: haha I jumped on this late but just saw a nice big scare, people's reactions to this game never stop being fun to watch

RightClickSaveAs fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Nov 1, 2011

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
I have no idea what possessed me, but it would seem Faerie Solitaire takes about 12 hours to beat. gently caress unlocking every creature and evolving them, that would take another 400 hands or about 24 hours.

Still, the story had the promised surprise twist in the end.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm trying to play through the Void but it's so brutally hard for what I thought would be a calm contemplative journey through the afterlife. Having to restart for the third time after realizing I hosed myself over once again.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Recap of this month.

10-31-11 New Game: Renegade Ops (Steam)
10-31-11 New Game: Costume Quest (Steam)
10-29-11 New Game: Serious Sam: The Random Encounter (Steam)
10-26-11 New Game: Batman: Arkham City [Preorder] (Steam)
10-25-11 New Game: Orcs Must Die! (Steam)
10-21-11 New Game: Grand Theft Auto III (Steam)
10-18-11 New Game: Assassin's Creed Revelations [Preorder] (Steam)
10-10-11 New Game: SpaceChem (Steam)
10-08-11 Beat: Portal 2 (Steam)
10-04-11 New Game: Portal 2 (Steam)

:negative:

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

Zedd posted:

Recap of this month.

10-29-11 New Game: F.E.A.R. 2 : Project Origin (Steam)
10-29-11 New Game: F.E.A.R. : Extraction Point (Steam)
10-29-11 New Game: F.E.A.R. (Steam)
10-29-11 New Game: Scratches (Steam)
10-29-11 Beat: Fallout : New Vegas (Steam)
10-23-11 Beat: Warhammer 40 000 : Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising (Steam)
10-21-11 Beat: Warhammer 40 000 : Dawn of War II (Steam)
10-16-11 New Game: The Last Remnant (Steam)
10-15-11 New Game: Warhammer 40 000 : Dawn of War II - Retribution (Steam)
10-15-11 New Game: Warhammer 40 000 : Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising (Steam)
10-15-11 New Game: Warhammer 40 000 : Dawn of War II (Steam)
10-02-11 New Game: Bndings of Isaac (Steam)
10-01-11 New Game: Fate of the World: Tipping Point (Steam)
10-01-11 New Game: Frozen Synapse (Steam)

You made me do this! Now I hate myself!

Walkin Goon
Apr 4, 2011
Welp, might as well check into this thread early after nearly purchasing 6 games I don't have time to play in addition to the ones in my library I haven't even touched yet. Hopefully with Thanksgiving and the inevitable Christmas sale coming up, Left4Dead can afford stay on my wishlist just a little bit longer to spare my wallet yet another hit this week.

In the meantime, I'd like to get a start on the Grand Theft Auto series I purchased a few weeks back and have yet to even play.

Does anyone have any mods or patches to recommend, especially for GTA: San Andreas which I've already beaten on a console before?

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease
I beat the main story for Just Cause 2 last night, on easiest, in under 24 hours playing-time. I'm somewhere around 28%, this is a great loving-around game, so I'll probably slowly work at getting to 100% over time.

I used an infinite ammo mod for the second half of the game or so. I figured, the enemy gets seemingly infinite spawns, it's only fair that I get infinite ammo. It made some of the "boss" fights later in the game easier, but oh well, I was playing on easiest to begin with. I also used a mod that extended the grappling hook range quite a bit; it was kinda screwy, though (if I missed my target, I'd have a grappling hook line extending from me to the sky, and the mod seemed to mess up my aim), but I haven't bothered to find a better one yet.

I need to find a quick game to fill some time before Skyrim comes out; I preordered it, so that'll be eating up all my time after the 11th, and I'd like to complete a game before then.

I think I have a few games I need to add to Backloggery, including a couple of Total Wars and Red Factions, but I've lost track of games I've bought the last month or two. I need to start adding them as soon as I buy them (though I promised myself I wouldn't buy any games for a year after Skyrim comes out, unless something on my wishlist goes on sale for a great price).

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Eh! Frank posted:

(though I promised myself I wouldn't buy any games for a year after Skyrim comes out, unless something on my wishlist goes on sale for a great price).
Brace yourself...Steam Christmas sale is coming...

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

You can add me to the op! I just signed up yesterday and added all my Steam games. I just got back into PC gaming (other than DotA/HoN) and I felt like I needed to beat a few games after I looked at the long list of unbeaten games after the Halloween sale.

But some of you people... Jeeze.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

I'm trying to play through the Void but it's so brutally hard for what I thought would be a calm contemplative journey through the afterlife. Having to restart for the third time after realizing I hosed myself over once again.
Oh man this game is incredibly intense and unforgiving, the serene atmosphere is such a lie. I turned into a total lunatic with this game, I got a notebook and started keeping a detailed entry of exactly how much color I'd planted and where, micromanaging every little drop as I went along. I restarted multiple times and ended up putting like 20-30 hours into it, only to get stuck at the Pangolin, and just haven't been able to keep going.

There was a fan made patch on the official forums that is supposed to make it a lot easier, I think I may get that if I ever go back to the game (there's also cheats stickied on that forum, careful reading through those if you haven't played yet though, there are some spoilers): http://forum.ice-pick.com/viewtopic.php?p=95449#p95449

I love the presentation and idea of the game, it's just so old school and unforgiving in the execution. Russian game developers don't believe in easy games apparently.

Walkin Goon posted:

Hopefully with Thanksgiving and the inevitable Christmas sale coming up, Left4Dead can afford stay on my wishlist just a little bit longer to spare my wallet yet another hit this week.
If it helps you out, there's not much reason to buy L4D anymore, unless you know people you'll be playing it with. Single player is pointless and the online community is pretty dead at this point, get L4D2 if you really want to play online, even though last I checked interest in that had been waning as well. Personally I didn't care for either of them, it would be fun to play through with people you know though.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Zedd posted:

Brace yourself...Steam Christmas sale is coming...
Yeah, it's going to be tough. I only have one thing in my wishlist currently (that StrongBad adventure game), and I'll get something if I see it and think "I've always wanted to play that!" Otherwise, if it's a game I don't know much about and/or I think "That might be fun", I'm not going to get it. I didn't get anything in either the Steam or GOG Halloween sale, so I might be ok.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green
You might as well add me to the OP too.

I've posted in here a few times before, and I've started to catalogue my entire collection of games, so I'll be playing on some other systems than PC (I hope that's ok) and I'm pretty certain I've finished less than an eighth of my 500-600 odd game collection.

My biggest problem is that I have a lot of motivation to complete as much of a game as possible, sometimes I tire, most times I don't. I've begun playing assassin's creed II now, and I'm doing all of the side-quests and assassin's tombs available and I've pretty much fully upgraded the Auditore home entirely before I've finished the third Assassination.
:suicide:

My name is Azruelli and I'm addicted to buying games.

E: Nevermind! Found the hint in the OP and fixed the signature.

Susat fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Nov 1, 2011

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

Hemish posted:

You made me do this! Now I hate myself!

10-31-11: New Game: Costume Quest (Steam)
10-31-11: Beat: Samorost 2 (Steam)
10-30-11: New Game: Penumbra: Overture (Steam)
10-30-11: New Game: Lugaru HD (Steam)
10-30-11: New Game: Samorost 2 (Steam)
10-30-11: New Game: Nimbus (Steam)
10-30-11: New Game: Gemini Rue (Steam)
10-30-11: New Game: Sanctum (Steam)
10-30-11: New Game: A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda (Steam)
10-15-11: Beat: SpaceChem (Steam)
10-14-11: New Game: Shadowgrounds: Survivor (Steam)
10-14-11: New Game: Shadowgrounds (Steam)
10-02-11: Beat: Assassin's Creed II (Steam)

Oddly, I'm actually pretty :unsmith: about this month despite all those New Games - finishing off AC2 was no small feat, and I'm still cruising on the glow of :science: holy poo poo I beat SpaceChem :black101: two weeks later.

As you can see, most of the damage has come from indie bundles, which I've been neglecting for the better part of the year; also I totally forgot to add the first Humble Bundle back in the day. If the data on the upcoming Humble Bundle's additions are accurate, I'm going to have to get that one too - they're adding stuff that's 100% either my wishlisted or watchlisted.

In World of Xeen, I just acquired the Xeen Slayer sword so it's looking like I'll hopefully be able to wrap up Clouds of Xeen soon. I think I'll take a break before moving on to Darkside; that seems as good a time as any to shift my "RPG in progress" over to Alpha Protocol.

Samorost 2 was kind of pointless, but at least it was short, and it bugged me less than Machinarium did. (I think it's it's because the Crazy Moon Adventure Game aspect meant that Flash got in the way less - I kept expecting right-click to be useful in Machinarium.)

Of the latest bundles, Nimbus has been a lot of fun; it's kind of like Bob Came In Pieces in that you're a rocketship doing physicsy things, but it's more action-oriented.

Dr. Gene Dango MD
May 20, 2010

Fuck them other cats I'm running with my own wolfpack

Keep fronting like youse a thug and get ya dome pushed back
I haven't been playing a lot of my backlog but all the games I purchased or have been gifted to me in the last month or so have pretty much all been completed. That's good...right?

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.
I just recently broke 200 games on steam alone, which makes me believe I'm a good fit for this thread. Most of my current time is spent playing games that don't really end: WoW, SF3:OE, and Trackmania 2.

Maybe you goons can help shame me into playing the mass of games I own?

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO
You have a good amount of games marked as Unbeaten that aren't really beatable like Counter-Strike Source, TF2 and Audiosurf. Marking games like those as Null will reduce your Unbeaten bar.

Play the Half-Life series, they're great and most of them aren't terribly long. The longer ones are HL1 and 2, the rest are on the short side. Portal is also a fantastic and short game.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

I was going to try knocking out Descent 3 over the next few days, but man, the controls in that game are horrible. I tried keyboard+joystick, keyboard+mouse, *and* Xbox controller, and I couldn't aim worth a poo poo with any of them, no matter how I set them up. Doesn't help that all the enemies I've encountered fly faster than my laser can shoot, so I have to lead them, which is nearly impossible with how much they dart around in random direction.

And then I got lost trying to find the next objective. The map is more confusing than the previous games (which is saying something), so I let out the guidebot for help. Unfortunately, that thing is a rotten drunk, and just bobbed around randomly when I told him to lead me. I fired a few concussion missiles at the thing, but it just said "Ouch!"

All of this was just on the first level, so I'm marking it as Null (though it turns out I forgot to add it to backloggery in the first place, so I had to add it and *then* set it to Null), and moving on to something that isn't broken.

I think I've marked more games as Null/unplayable the last few months than I have actually beaten. Luckily I got most of them on sale, and even then, the great games make up for the cost of the sucky ones.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
The past month:

11-01-11 New Game: The Binding of Isaac (Steam)
11-01-11 New Game: Blocks that Matter (Steam)
11-01-11 New Game: Costume Quest (Steam)
11-01-11 New Game: Renegade Ops (Steam)
10-30-11 New Game: Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption (GOG)
10-30-11 New Game: Realms of the Haunting (GOG)
10-29-11 New Game: Gemini Rue (Steam)
10-29-11 Beat: Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Steam)
10-29-11 New Game: Plants vs. Zombies: Game of the Year (Steam)
10-28-11 Beat: DiRT 2 (Steam)
10-28-11 New Game: Zombie Shooter (Steam)
10-28-11 New Game: Penumbra: Requiem (Steam)
10-28-11 New Game: Penumbra: Black Plague (Steam)
10-28-11 New Game: Painkiller: Black Edition (Steam)
10-27-11 New Game: Nimbus (Steam)
10-27-11 New Game: A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda (Steam)
10-22-11 New Game: Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc (StGOG)
10-22-11 New Game: Rayman 2: The Great Escape (GOG)
10-22-11 New Game: Rayman Forever (GOG)
10-15-11 Beat: Serious Sam Double D (Steam)
10-15-11 New Game: Total Annihilation: Commander Pack (GOG)
10-15-11 New Game: Alone in the Dark 1 + 2 + 3 (GOG)
10-14-11 New Game: Outcast (GOG)
10-14-11 New Game: Blood 2: The Chosen + Expansion (GOG)
10-06-11 Beat: Bastion (Steam)
10-05-11 New Game: SpaceChem (Steam)
10-03-11 New Game: Day of Defeat (Steam)
10-01-11 Beat: Grand Theft Auto IV (Steam)
10-01-11 New Game: Trauma (Steam)

For gently caress's sake.

At least I managed to beat a few things. Half of that stuff is from bundles or it was gifted. I hadn't actually bought anything from GOG in a while but they have had some good sales lately.

All that new stuff and do you know what I've played the most the past few days? Half-Life. I've decided to do a run through the whole series. Seeing as they are all already marked as 'beaten', it's not going to make a dent in my backlog at all.

:suicide:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Decided to follow up ARES by resuming a backlogged title I hadn't played in six months. Shadowgrounds is beaten now.

Kind of average all around. Nothing remarkable but there are worse ways to spend six or seven hours. Probably will play something else instead of trying Shadowgrounds Survivor - likely Chantelise to resume another backlog hiatus game.

I'm kind of just treading water here since I keep getting games in indie bundles, but at least the beaten count keeps rising.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Tortolia posted:

I'm kind of just treading water here since I keep getting games in indie bundles, but at least the beaten count keeps rising.

You're certainly not alone in that.

So I have a question about Binding of Isaac for anyone who's played it. Which of these should I finish before I count it as beaten: beating Mom, beating Mom's heart, unlocking all characters, or doing something else?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Any tips on the last stage of ARES? I'm no good at megaman type games, and I'll do whatever it takes to cheese by it, even if a little bit of grinding is needed (ie: which weapon should i upgrade)?

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Thinking about starting over Two Worlds II. I'm not too far in yet, I don't think, and I'm playing a magic-user since I played the first game with a fighter type. But I'm just not enjoying it as much as the first game. Should I go with a fighter or a thief/ranger? Or is mage actually the best choice?

I've also been playing some Dark Messiah. Very fun game, but man is it difficult. Either that or I just suck at it. Although I'm doing better now that I've learned the heal spell (my biggest problem was the game not giving out nearly enough health potions) and found a shield. I think I'm just going to mix the different skill types, whatever I find the most useful.

*Edit:* Nevermind, gently caress Dark Messiah. I got to the area with the spiders, and for whatever reason, those fuckers are the most difficult thing in the whole game so far. Kicking them does jack poo poo, my firebolt spell does jack poo poo, and I get one blast of freeze spell and my mana is spent, so I spend five whole minutes swinging my useless sword at them (power attacks do jack poo poo)while trying to hold them off with my shield.

And of course they're poisonous, and the game gives the helpful advice "Use an antivenom potion or your health will keep going down!" Oh great, I can use the ONE antivenom potion they've given me the whole loving game so far. Luckily while I'm fighting, the venom wears off on its own. Finally, after killing spider after spider, I finally get all of them (the ones in that area at least)... but *now* the venom isn't wearing off. No matter how many times I heal myself, either with spell or potion, my health just continues to rapidly drop.

That fight was complete bullshit, and I am *not* doing it again. I'm quitting, uninstalling, setting it to Null, and moving on to something where the Easy setting doesn't equal big nearly-impossible to kill spiders.

What is it with RPGs and giant bugs? I tried playing Daggerfall a while back, I killed *werewolves* with no problems, but every single giant scorpion I came across kicked my rear end. And off course the bullet-sponge albino rad-sporpions in Fallout. Giant bugs are lame, bullshit "monsters" and shouldn't be the most difficult enemy to fight.

Eh! Frank fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Nov 4, 2011

Rhontos
Oct 19, 2011

Well it could be worse...

Mostly I blame buying the Paradox pack last Christmas which contained a number of games I did want, and a whole bunch more games I couldn't care less about. Like Ship Simulator Extremes, which apparently it has missions so it has to go into the uncompleted pile. Simulators actually appeal to me somewhat, but that doesn't change that this particular example is terrible and will probably go unplayed for a long time.

On the plus side, backloggery told me to go play The Void, which is a good start for me. I always feel terrible when seeing that on my backlog because of how much I love that game and how far I managed to get into it. Then college ended for the summer, I got paranoid that a family member was going to walk in while I was giving color to one of the sisters, and I found out the hard way how hard it is to get back into the game.

The latest save I have for The Void puts me right after getting access to every location with color to spare. I have so far only restarted the game once, so I want to see if I can finish the game without restarting the game again, but since there are some people discussing the game I do have a question.

Is there still a significant amount of the game to go through and/or is the chance to fail still fairly high? If so I will probably start a new game to help me get into it again, but otherwise I want to try to finish my current save.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Morter posted:

Any tips on the last stage of ARES? I'm no good at megaman type games, and I'll do whatever it takes to cheese by it, even if a little bit of grinding is needed (ie: which weapon should i upgrade)?
It's pretty straightforward outside of a few crushing pistons. Any weapon works on the final boss, just stock up on repair kits. The wave emitter is the best all around weapon since it ignores obstacles and does solid damage upgraded.

There is also a good grinding room early on (with the purple pyramid) if you need scrap.

Outside of the final boss having two forms the fight is simple enough, just keep moving.

Also, for Dark Messiah, poison takes you to 5 hp, so if you have no antivenom dont heal before then or you'll keep getting hurt.

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Nov 4, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
I finished Nimbus - which was really pretty good, though both really short and really hard - and Clouds of Xeen. While I used to screencap the final score screens, this (from the midboss) was way funnier:

I'm kind of noodling around with indie games now. I guess I'll do Alpha Protocol as my next full game, then pick up the Darkside of Xeen.