Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

thisdestruction posted:

Yes, this band is awesome. They'll be around my way later this year with Touche Amore and that will be amazing.

I have my ticket for the NYC show sitting right in front of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
I do backflips when you're not looking.

Hammahtime posted:

Can anyone recommend some good Richmond, VA bands to me? I love Strike Anywhere, Government Warning, and some others.

(Young) Pioneers, City of Caterpillar, Four Hundred Years.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Inspector_71 posted:

Pianos Become The Teeth.

I already had their new LP on preorder :shobon:

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

El Graplurado posted:

(Young) Pioneers, City of Caterpillar, Four Hundred Years.

Terrible, not from Richmond, and not really from Richmond.

A few from the 80's:
White Cross
Unseen Force
Graven Image

Current:
Dry Spell
Unholy Thoughts
Southside Stranglers
Syndrome
Direct Control
Major Damage

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010
Hey dudes! What's some messy, cute, pop-punk with like three dudes singing all at once, ala Weston or Digger?

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
I would say Delay maybe but you know that already I'm sure.

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010
yeah, but thats right up the alley i'm going for

Moodz
May 11, 2007
the gym is neutral territory
anybody else going out to see Pygmy Lush and Loma Prieta on Monday in Atlanta? I'm completely stoked to finally get a chance to see Pygmy Lush!

I've also heard nothing but good things about Loma Prieta

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Loma Prieta is amazing and absolutely great people.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
the new pianos become the teeth. wow.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Nonsense is better than no sense at all

RagingPawn posted:

Yes 100X over

First listen was with some nice headphones and I was blown away.

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope

RagingPawn posted:

I hosed up and didn't get in line early enough to get into The Atlantic to see them at Fest. They really didn't let enough people into that venue considering the size. I guess they are a slave to those fire marshall assigned max body count numbers though.

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009
echoing the above sentiments. this is an amazing album.

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010
I'll be on air at noon today! Stream it online at wiux.org. The playlist is pretty kewl this week if i do say so myself.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

iron chic posted:

I'll be on air at noon today! Stream it online at wiux.org. The playlist is pretty kewl this week if i do say so myself.

A perfect start to the morning. EDIT: is there a way to check your playlist in case I forget? :downs:

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
Hold Hands ep up streaming at http://holdhands.bandcamp.com/ , I'm only on the second song but I'm fuckin lovin it.

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010

Quantumfate posted:

A perfect start to the morning. EDIT: is there a way to check your playlist in case I forget? :downs:

Here ya go:

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
I have been really getting into the Appleseed Cast, mostly Mare Vitalis. Really digging that post-rock vibe. This thread introduced me to Pianos Become the Teeth, a little heavier but that post-rock influence is definitely there. What other similar bands in the Emo/Post-Hardcore/Screamo vein that have that post-rock influence? I already have heard a little Envy and I love it.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Tom Pridgen posted:

I have been really getting into the Appleseed Cast, mostly Mare Vitalis. Really digging that post-rock vibe. This thread introduced me to Pianos Become the Teeth, a little heavier but that post-rock influence is definitely there. What other similar bands in the Emo/Post-Hardcore/Screamo vein that have that post-rock influence? I already have heard a little Envy and I love it.

Funeral Diner, Who Calls so Loud

If you go back a page or two we listed off a couple bands you might like, definitely check it out.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Men as trees should fit that bill I think.
Plus we came out like tigers.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

City of Caterpillar.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Good god, Fest 10 was the best time ever.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Man, the new Pianos is some poo poo.

Liquid Courage.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

this comp. owns, the Devo cover by The Men is great

http://burnbooks.org/

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
Melt Banana in Chapel Hill tonight. I always associated them more with punk even though they are pretty heavily rooted in noise.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Tom Pridgen posted:

Melt Banana in Chapel Hill tonight. I always associated them more with punk even though they are pretty heavily rooted in noise.

I saw them open for DEP in Tokyo. It was magical.

They're also the reason we couldn't have anymore hardcore shows in a certain venue at Tufts. Apparently tables were thrown through windows.

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009

Inspector_71 posted:

I saw them open for DEP in Tokyo. It was magical.

They're also the reason we couldn't have anymore hardcore shows in a certain venue at Tufts. Apparently tables were thrown through windows.

Inspector you might know this...Bridge and Tunnel are playing Starlab a couple weeks from now. I THINK it might be in Somerville. Is this right?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

LtTennisBall posted:

Inspector you might know this...Bridge and Tunnel are playing Starlab a couple weeks from now. I THINK it might be in Somerville. Is this right?

I have no idea. I certainly never went to that venue, and I actually don't live around Boston anymore.

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009

Inspector_71 posted:

I have no idea. I certainly never went to that venue, and I actually don't live around Boston anymore.

I know, but since you (went to school there?) used to, I figured you might know. Thanks though!

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Starlab is, indeed, in Somerville. Never been there but it's like ten minutes walking distance from my house.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Hammahtime posted:

Can anyone recommend some good Richmond, VA bands to me? I love Strike Anywhere, Government Warning, and some others.

Hold Tight. I saw them earlier this year, really good band (Latterman-esque).

RaoulDuke
May 6, 2007

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all.
Anyone listened to Rain Over Battle. They're from Virginia Beach I believe. They have a new album out called These Rocks in Our bodies that is streaming/for download below.
http://rainoverbattlevb.bandcamp.com/album/these-rocks-in-our-bodies

Just got into them very recently, as excited I've been about a band in a long time. Not quite sure how to describe them, a little of the good parts of jawbreaker style emo maybe with straight foward punk of Banner Pilot type bands. Even if you don't like those bands it's worth checking out, they're all pretty young and have potential to really develop as a kick rear end punk band.

from new album
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHsNJpApJO8&feature=related

older video of just the lead singer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGx2SKLuwak

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Anyone into the japanese stuff should definitely check out Guitar Wolf if they haven
t. Just saw them in Copenhagen, and they rocked my face clean off!

thisdestruction
Jul 17, 2006

she used to be so radiant, so sexy when she laughed. now her eyes look like gravesites as she speaks in epitaphs.

RaoulDuke posted:

Anyone listened to Rain Over Battle. They're from Virginia Beach I believe. They have a new album out called These Rocks in Our bodies that is streaming/for download below.
http://rainoverbattlevb.bandcamp.com/album/these-rocks-in-our-bodies

Just got into them very recently, as excited I've been about a band in a long time. Not quite sure how to describe them, a little of the good parts of jawbreaker style emo maybe with straight foward punk of Banner Pilot type bands. Even if you don't like those bands it's worth checking out, they're all pretty young and have potential to really develop as a kick rear end punk band.

from new album
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHsNJpApJO8&feature=related

older video of just the lead singer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGx2SKLuwak

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm listening to it right now and it's pretty drat good. Reminds me of...I'm not sure? Somebody good.

edit: I thought it reminded me of a band that it doesn't really after I thought about it..

thisdestruction fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 12, 2011

RaoulDuke
May 6, 2007

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all.
I'd say Latterman is probably the closet I could think of. Definitely one of those bands that reminds you of someone you cant quite put a finger on. Music is great, lyrics need some time to mature I think.

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009
to those of you who recommended Men as Trees a couple weeks ago, thank you. loving brilliant band. same goes for Off Minor. but holy poo poo Men as Trees are incredible.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

Oh gently caress yes. Spraynard, RVIVR, Grown Ups; and now Shelter's here we go? Tuesday mornings are truly the most punk. Iron Chic you rock.

EDIT: Just want to say that this is pretty much what I wish I could get pandora to do.

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010

Quantumfate posted:

Oh gently caress yes. Spraynard, RVIVR, Grown Ups; and now Shelter's here we go? Tuesday mornings are truly the most punk. Iron Chic you rock.

EDIT: Just want to say that this is pretty much what I wish I could get pandora to do.

oh drat, dude! thanks for listening!

fenix424
Mar 13, 2007

Waiting for World of Starcraft
Got to see my two favorite bands this year Taking Back Sunday and Alkaline Trio twice and all three shows I've been to so far have all been awesome. The 2nd Alkaline Trio show is their NYE show at the Metro in Chicago which should be amazing. However, on a date a few months back a girl I was with said my playlist needs some updating. That probably came from my most played bands being TBS, Alk3, The Academy Is, Fall Out Boy, and Four Year Strong. Give me some good suggestions Goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thisdestruction
Jul 17, 2006

she used to be so radiant, so sexy when she laughed. now her eyes look like gravesites as she speaks in epitaphs.

fenix424 posted:

Got to see my two favorite bands this year Taking Back Sunday and Alkaline Trio twice and all three shows I've been to so far have all been awesome. The 2nd Alkaline Trio show is their NYE show at the Metro in Chicago which should be amazing. However, on a date a few months back a girl I was with said my playlist needs some updating. That probably came from my most played bands being TBS, Alk3, The Academy Is, Fall Out Boy, and Four Year Strong. Give me some good suggestions Goons!

Maybe try branching out to some other genres or time periods? I'm not ripping on Alk3 or even TBS or anything, but these all fit pretty tightly with the Hot Topic mall scene family of bands. I suggest digging into some mid 90's to early 00's stuff, like..The Promise Ring or Mineral, Braid, Hot Rod Circuit, Lifetime, or I dunno..Piebald or something. These are the bands that your favorite bands' members grew up listening to. I'll also say listen to Rainer Maria because I've been listening to them again for the past 2 days and it's just awesome.