Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Saw this thing on telly (Some random Sky channel) a few years back. I'm pretty sure it was a student film, probably British, that'd somehow made it's way to telly. It was a guy doing jackass-type-stunts, assisted by his dad (who thought he was crazy)

Pretty sure there was stuff like putting pegs/clips all over himself and having something pull them off, and generally painful stunts.

It ends I'm sure with him being tied up naked in a lift, and failing to escape and get dressed before it gets to the ground floor, where all his friends and family are waiting.

Anyone have any idea what I'm on about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I keep seeing this promo on Hulu for Miramax films that has a scene where a character in a period piece is playing goalie in a soccer game. He makes a last-minute save with his head. Any idea what this is?

cool dog any time
Nov 5, 2010
I'm trying to find a short (~7 minute) stop motion animation film that I saw about 6 years ago on a DVD collection of short films. Basically it took place in a dark tool shed/garage, and the two main characters were: (1) a large, animate wire attached to a light fixture and (2) a little wire-armature-esque man with steel wool hair. I vaguely remember a scene where they're being chased by sport trophy figures, and then at the very end the little armature man dies and is brought back to life by the wire character. The ending scene was the same as the beginning, so that the film could be looped.

I'm not sure how obscure it is, and I do not think it is by Jan Svankmajer (although it is similar in style).

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Mr. Resistor

cool dog any time
Nov 5, 2010

FitFortDanga posted:

Mr. Resistor

Yes! Thank you!

Purple Gromit
Mar 28, 2010

Nettle Soup posted:

Saw this thing on telly (Some random Sky channel) a few years back. I'm pretty sure it was a student film, probably British, that'd somehow made it's way to telly. It was a guy doing jackass-type-stunts, assisted by his dad (who thought he was crazy)

Pretty sure there was stuff like putting pegs/clips all over himself and having something pull them off, and generally painful stunts.

It ends I'm sure with him being tied up naked in a lift, and failing to escape and get dressed before it gets to the ground floor, where all his friends and family are waiting.

Anyone have any idea what I'm on about?

I remember that, the was supposed to be an escapologist and the challenges were to escape something in a short time or suffer pain/embarrasment.

A quick google gives the name "The 7 Stupidest Things to Escape From"

"Madcap escapologist Jonathan Goodwin escapes from a variety of stupid, dangerous and sometimes homemade contraptions. He's chained to a motorised wheelchair heading off a pier; he is tied up, naked, in a lift with his girlfriend's family waiting to greet him; and he tries to escape from a glass tank full of bees. None of this could be possible of course without the aid of his assistant - his dad."

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Purple Gromit posted:

I remember that, the was supposed to be an escapologist and the challenges were to escape something in a short time or suffer pain/embarrasment.

A quick google gives the name "The 7 Stupidest Things to Escape From"

"Madcap escapologist Jonathan Goodwin escapes from a variety of stupid, dangerous and sometimes homemade contraptions. He's chained to a motorised wheelchair heading off a pier; he is tied up, naked, in a lift with his girlfriend's family waiting to greet him; and he tries to escape from a glass tank full of bees. None of this could be possible of course without the aid of his assistant - his dad."

Thank you! This is it, I love you! :D

Omena
Aug 29, 2008

One day we will die
and our ashes will fly from the aeroplane over the sea
I'm trying to identify a movie which usually airs around Christmas time in the UK. It features a snowqueen and possibly a unicorn. This is ultra vague I know, but I thought I'd give you guys a bash.

How many snowqueen movies can there be?

husdoktorn
Oct 29, 2011
I saw this movie on TV in the late nineties. Ever since, I have been googling it every two years or so, to no avail. I might be mixing things up pretty badly:

It's a surreal, quite juvenile comedy. Early on in the movie, some slacker-guys are talking to each other on the phone, in what appears to be a split-screen scene. But it turns out that they are both sitting on the same couch, and the half the room is painted in one color, and the other half in another color.

Through some magical event (that I think involves a park bench and a homeless man), they are teleported to a tropical beach, with fake cardboard palm trees. One of the guys fall on top of some girl in a bikini with fake tits, and says some lovely pun about Silicon Valley.

I think the plot revolves around them trying to find a hidden treasure before some evil corporate guy.

There is also a rastafari bus-driver, with an enormous penis.
I believe there is a weird running gag about a blow-up dolphin pool toy, that appears randomly in the background of scenes for no reason.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

husdoktorn posted:

I saw this movie on TV in the late nineties. Ever since, I have been googling it every two years or so, to no avail. I might be mixing things up pretty badly:

It's a surreal, quite juvenile comedy. Early on in the movie, some slacker-guys are talking to each other on the phone, in what appears to be a split-screen scene. But it turns out that they are both sitting on the same couch, and the half the room is painted in one color, and the other half in another color.

Through some magical event (that I think involves a park bench and a homeless man), they are teleported to a tropical beach, with fake cardboard palm trees. One of the guys fall on top of some girl in a bikini with fake tits, and says some lovely pun about Silicon Valley.

I think the plot revolves around them trying to find a hidden treasure before some evil corporate guy.

There is also a rastafari bus-driver, with an enormous penis.
I believe there is a weird running gag about a blow-up dolphin pool toy, that appears randomly in the background of scenes for no reason.
Last Resort, starring the Coreys Haim and Feldman.

husdoktorn
Oct 29, 2011

Action Jacktion posted:

Last Resort, starring the Coreys Haim and Feldman.

Awesome! Thanks a lot!

...the movie seems to be pure crap though.

SquirrelFace
Dec 17, 2009
Okay so I saw this when I was a kid and cannot remember if it is from a TV show episode or an anthology type movie. Anyway, this family is doing Christmas things and they start talking about this monster. One of the characters gets mad because you aren't suppose to say the name of the monster or it will come and get you. Well the mom keeps saying it anyway and all of a sudden this huge furry white arm smashes through the window and pulls her out.

I'm starting to believe its not even real since no one i've ever told about it seems to know what i'm talking about...

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

SquirrelFace posted:

Okay so I saw this when I was a kid and cannot remember if it is from a TV show episode or an anthology type movie. Anyway, this family is doing Christmas things and they start talking about this monster. One of the characters gets mad because you aren't suppose to say the name of the monster or it will come and get you. Well the mom keeps saying it anyway and all of a sudden this huge furry white arm smashes through the window and pulls her out.

I'm starting to believe its not even real since no one i've ever told about it seems to know what i'm talking about...

Tales from the Darkside episode "Seasons of Belief". The monster is called (should I say it?) The Grither.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCaoN2Bt1YU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Omena posted:

I'm trying to identify a movie which usually airs around Christmas time in the UK. It features a snowqueen and possibly a unicorn. This is ultra vague I know, but I thought I'd give you guys a bash.

How many snowqueen movies can there be?

Is it perhaps Legend? Not sure what it has to do with Christmas, but you Brits are wacky anyway.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089469/

unarmed1618
Jul 20, 2010
So, here's my question. My friend told me about this video on the internet.

It depicts a rabbit in a glass box given a substance of some classification, shown to convulse, die, and go flatline, and then after it's heart has apparently stopped beating, get up and eventually beat itself completely bloody trying to get out of the box.
I also heard that several sites had to take this video down, for government material reasons.

If anyone has any clues or feels like going and finding this video, I would greatly appreciate it. So far the only thing I can find is the vx trials on youtube.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

unarmed1618 posted:

It depicts a rabbit in a glass box given a substance of some classification, shown to convulse, die, and go flatline, and then after it's heart has apparently stopped beating, get up and eventually beat itself completely bloody trying to get out of the box.
I also heard that several sites had to take this video down, for government material reasons.

If anyone has any clues or feels like going and finding this video, I would greatly appreciate it. So far the only thing I can find is the vx trials on youtube.

That's not a movie, that's just a disturbing video clip. FYAD might be a better place for you to find something like that.

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

unarmed1618 posted:

If this isn't some weird troll. Didn't this scene happen with a mouse in I am Legend ?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I'm pretty sure this one is from the late eighties to early nineties. The only scene I really remember is the main character running in a relay race. He makes every mistake you could possibly make, stumbling, drops the baton during a hand-off, etc. Eventually he's almost possibly going to catch up with the only runner left and be second to last instead of dead last. He's almost caught up and dramatically dives forward for the finish line. When he gets up a few seconds later he realizes he's still an inch or so away from the finish line as the other runner catches up again and crosses it.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
Okay my friends are convinced I dreamt this one. I must have seen it as a kid sometime in the nineties, and it was probably on tv. All I remember is a bunch of disjointed scenes but the main character had an australian accent and was from a small island that a big corporation was trying to buy or something. At one point he crafts a helmet from scrap metal, I think it deflects a bullet later. At some point he goes to the states (I think maybe to make money to save his home?) and he meets a guy with a kilt, scottish accent, and a machinegun who takes a bite from a huge burger and says something like "I'm big... mac". Near the end some people are inspired by some cave drawings to throw beer cans at people. Also I think an island may be towed by a boat.

Is this actually a movie or is this some drug-addled dream I had?

AntiThesis
Aug 13, 2007
Two movies have been plaguing me for years and years - hope someone can help me.

The first is a murder mystery style movie - similar to Clue (I thought it was clue but it doesn't seem to fit).

Seen on: TV
How long ago: Probably close on 17 years ago.
Genre: Murder mystery
What I know: A bunch of people in a mansion and someone is murdered at dinner. I have a sense that the man who was murdered was rather fat and I know that it turns out that he's alive in the end.

Second one is sketchier (sorry) as it was a helluva long time ago.

How long ago: About 20 years
Genre: Sci-fi
What I know: There are people on a strange planet, they have a base of some sort. During the course of the movie, they're hunted and killed by a creature that burns through the base. Typical cheesy looking shots of it burning through a huge steel door with the door glowing red from the inside.

God, now I type it out, it doesn't seem possible. Well, worth a shot.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

SavageMessiah posted:

Okay my friends are convinced I dreamt this one. I must have seen it as a kid sometime in the nineties, and it was probably on tv. All I remember is a bunch of disjointed scenes but the main character had an australian accent and was from a small island that a big corporation was trying to buy or something. At one point he crafts a helmet from scrap metal, I think it deflects a bullet later. At some point he goes to the states (I think maybe to make money to save his home?) and he meets a guy with a kilt, scottish accent, and a machinegun who takes a bite from a huge burger and says something like "I'm big... mac". Near the end some people are inspired by some cave drawings to throw beer cans at people. Also I think an island may be towed by a boat.

The australian scrap metal helmet sounds like "Reckless Kelly" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107930/ but its a long time since I seen that and I dont remember much else. Warning; Link contains Yahoo Serious.

gruvmeister
Dec 28, 2006

Spring has sprung,
The grass has riz,
I wonder where the flowers is

SavageMessiah posted:

I hope it's not a movie and was a drug-addled dream, because then I can try to duplicate whatever cocktail you had that night and have similar awesome-sounding dreams.

AntiThesis posted:

Two movies have been plaguing me for years and years - hope someone can help me.

The first is a murder mystery style movie - similar to Clue (I thought it was clue but it doesn't seem to fit).

What I know: A bunch of people in a mansion and someone is murdered at dinner. I have a sense that the man who was murdered was rather fat and I know that it turns out that he's alive in the end.

When you say "it doesn't seem to fit" what do you mean exactly? Did you watch it and that's not it, or just read some synopsis? From your description it could very well be Clue. Either way, if you didn't watch it, watch it. Well worth your two hours.

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

AntiThesis posted:

Murder By Death
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074937/

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

SiKboy posted:

The australian scrap metal helmet sounds like "Reckless Kelly" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107930/ but its a long time since I seen that and I dont remember much else. Warning; Link contains Yahoo Serious.

Hell yes, I think that's it!

EDIT: I just watched the trailer on youtube. That's definitely it. And it's on amazon instant so ... movie night!

SavageMessiah fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 7, 2011

AntiThesis
Aug 13, 2007
Good lord you people are fast :D

Thanks Topper Harley, that looks like it! Now to find it...

@gruvmeister: Actually watching Clue right now which is why this infiltrated my brain again. Fantastic movie, great energy. Reminds me of Four Rooms in some respects.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

AntiThesis posted:

Second one is sketchier (sorry) as it was a helluva long time ago.

How long ago: About 20 years
Genre: Sci-fi
What I know: There are people on a strange planet, they have a base of some sort. During the course of the movie, they're hunted and killed by a creature that burns through the base. Typical cheesy looking shots of it burning through a huge steel door with the door glowing red from the inside.

God, now I type it out, it doesn't seem possible. Well, worth a shot.
Forbidden Planet. One of the all-time great SF movies!

AntiThesis
Aug 13, 2007

Runcible Cat posted:

Forbidden Planet. One of the all-time great SF movies!

Goodness, I had no idea my memories were based on such prestigious movies :) Thanks, Runcible Cat!

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I'm pretty sure I saw this as a kid in the mid 90's, probably on VHS. The only scene I remember shows someone opening a small box containing a human heart (perhaps some other organ) with a bite taken out of it. IIRC the killer/biter was a serial killer?

Hopefully this is actually a movie and I don't need therapy.

Perpetual Hiatus
Oct 29, 2011

Massive longshot this one. I saw this maybe 6-8 years ago, very late at night. Im pretty sure its eastern european, comedy-whodunnit, subtitled. It is raining and a man is driving to a hotel, pics up a hitchhiker. Hitchhiker leaves a gun in his car. Man gets to hotel, the characters are slightly introduced, someone is killed. Everyone blames the main character (because of the gun) and they tie him to a chair.

Some events unfold and it turns out everyone at the hotel is dodgy as hell, one guy is an arms dealer, one is some sort of killer, the preacher (or teacher) and his wife are drug dealers and the book he carries around actually has the pages coated in lsd because :?: and so on. Hijinks ensue.

He manages to escape the chair and some gypsies turn up outside, they are 'car whisperers' descendants of horse whisperers. they steal cars parked outside by doing things like banging on the roof which starts the car, turns on the lights and opens the locked doors all at once. Not sure what happens next.

Any ideas??

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Haerc posted:

I'm pretty sure I saw this as a kid in the mid 90's, probably on VHS. The only scene I remember shows someone opening a small box containing a human heart (perhaps some other organ) with a bite taken out of it. IIRC the killer/biter was a serial killer?

Hopefully this is actually a movie and I don't need therapy.

The coroner in Jason Goes to Hell gets all entranced by Jason's heart and decides to munch on it, thereby turning him into Jason.

EDIT: Rewatched the scene, heart isn't in a box just on a slab.

Mouser.. fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Nov 8, 2011

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice
Ok got a real vague one.

I remember a bit in a movie, I think it was a woman in some kind of turmoil, perhaps in a plane or space ship and all shits breaking loose, then it all goes serene when whatever it is she is in is freefalling and everything inside is weightless, then it suddenly resumes to everything flying about.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

A LOVELY LAD posted:

Ok got a real vague one.

I remember a bit in a movie, I think it was a woman in some kind of turmoil, perhaps in a plane or space ship and all shits breaking loose, then it all goes serene when whatever it is she is in is freefalling and everything inside is weightless, then it suddenly resumes to everything flying about.

Superman Returns

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
There's a cartoon movie about a kid on Mars. He gets lost and is rescued by native Martians. Don't remember the rest of the story but it was pretty cool. Hopefully I'm not just imagining it!

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Midget Fist posted:

There's a cartoon movie about a kid on Mars. He gets lost and is rescued by native Martians. Don't remember the rest of the story but it was pretty cool. Hopefully I'm not just imagining it!

Mars Needs Moms?

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Hahah no way, this was back in the 90's sometime, a cartoon. The Martians were tall and fluffy and dark brown. There was a sandstorm and the kid ends up underground with them. Maybe it was a tv series and I'm getting mixed up?

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Mouser.. posted:

The coroner in Jason Goes to Hell gets all entranced by Jason's heart and decides to munch on it, thereby turning him into Jason.

EDIT: Rewatched the scene, heart isn't in a box just on a slab.

Hmm... I'll check it out. It's a pretty vague memory, this might be it.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Friend of mine saw a movie on TCM YEARS AGO (I had the same reaction you're probably having right now), but only the last 20 minutes or so. A woman is recounting a flashback to a group of people about how she and her uncle were in a foreign country of some sort. They're eating at a restaurant and a bunch of local children are gathered around calling out to people for "pan" so it's probably a Spanish-speaking country. The uncle ignores the cries of the children and as he's leaving all the starving children start following him and, on homemade instruments, they play this song and chase him. They gang up on him and apparently eat him because all that's left is a skeleton.

Only other thing he remembers about it is that it was in black and white. If any of you have any idea what it could be I'd be amazed, Google's turned up nothing for either of us.

EDIT: vvv Haha, now I just feel uncultured. Thanks man (or woman).

Mr. Humalong fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Nov 11, 2011

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Friend of mine saw a movie on TCM YEARS AGO (I had the same reaction you're probably having right now), but only the last 20 minutes or so. A woman is recounting a flashback to a group of people about how she and her uncle were in a foreign country of some sort. They're eating at a restaurant and a bunch of local children are gathered around calling out to people for "pan" so it's probably a Spanish-speaking country. The uncle ignores the cries of the children and as he's leaving all the starving children start following him and, on homemade instruments, they play this song and chase him. They gang up on him and apparently eat him because all that's left is a skeleton.

Only other thing he remembers about it is that it was in black and white. If any of you have any idea what it could be I'd be amazed, Google's turned up nothing for either of us.

Suddenly Last Summer.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

Midget Fist posted:

Hahah no way, this was back in the 90's sometime, a cartoon. The Martians were tall and fluffy and dark brown. There was a sandstorm and the kid ends up underground with them. Maybe it was a tv series and I'm getting mixed up?

Red Planet got a TV adaptation that ran on Fox Saturday Morning in the mid-nineties. The aliens are these tall rear end brown things. The main character has a baby one as a pet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~
Okay, I've got one. I remember seeing a comedic (?) slasher film on Comedy Central about 15-20 years ago. All I remember is that the villain tried to electrocute people, it took place at a college, and the romantic interest was this blond haired girl whose name was Kirby.

That's what I've got. Any help would be appreciated!