Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Viktor posted:

Seriously as a former fan the show is unlistenable.

Here's an example of the afternoon show, on Friday by new talent Shannon Burke. He spent over an hour taking calls from listeners about what car he should get without giving any details. On Tuesday and Thursday it was railing on OWS because they reportedly displaced the organic farmers market. Not to mention spending a whole day post death of Job's talking about Apple and the cloud. This is the best show at the moment :doh:

Ledge show at night is NWO, 9/11(tons on loose change), big banks, and free market stuff.

RadioIO is going to implode in the next few months stock has gone from .50 to .04 over the past year. The should also run out of cash this quarter but hey Bubba got his raceway out of the deal and seems to be aligning to go back to clear channel.

and somehow none of us give a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Viktor posted:

This is the best show at the moment :doh:

I'm pretty sure it's not.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I thought Shannon Burk was unlistenable when he was on Real Radio. And his terrible show was spawned to fill a timeslot when Howard was thrown off of 104.1 in Orlando and the Monsters got moved to mornings. Him ending up on Bubba's network" just goes to show you what a huge cirlejerk radio really is.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Millstone posted:

Accidentally tuned into Abe Kanan today. Fell asleep at wheel. Crashed car.

Who is this clown and where did he come from? He is god-awful.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I tuned in at 6:50 and Howard was talking about the stupid calendar for North Shore Animal league. Got to work, got settled, put the show on at 9:21 and he is talking about the stupid North Shore Animal League calendar.

They have a terrible fundraising efficiency - only .22 cents on the dollar goes to the services. Just to compare, Catholic Charities has a fundraising efficiency in the 90s - that means only a few cents goes to administrative costs.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Kelly posted:

I tuned in at 6:50 and Howard was talking about the stupid calendar for North Shore Animal league. Got to work, got settled, put the show on at 9:21 and he is talking about the stupid North Shore Animal League calendar.

The calendar has an amazing second picture. The poor cat

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Viktor posted:

That woman has some smile on her.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Kelly posted:

They have a terrible fundraising efficiency - only .22 cents on the dollar goes to the services. Just to compare, Catholic Charities has a fundraising efficiency in the 90s - that means only a few cents goes to administrative costs.

It helps if you don't think of it as a charity, instead think of it as a bunch of rich people throwing fancy parties where they can all feel great about how fabulous they are. I'm amazed it's 22 cents on the dollar.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

That woman has some smile on her.

It's just the cosmetics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgCbegtw0JM

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I was tempted to buy that calendar when it was announced to hopefully get the autographed copy (Stern and Beth O would have signed it) but I decided against it. I'm not sure if that was a mistake or not...

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Viktor posted:

She looks like she is about the eat one of them.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Viktor posted:

Look at her throat, you can sure tell where her make-up ends.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

It's just the cosmetics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgCbegtw0JM

Why so serious?

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Vakal posted:

Look at her throat, you can sure tell where her make-up ends.

Yeah, that looks like the retoucher worked skin smoothing on the face and neck, and just forgot to continue past the necklace line. It's a pretty harsh transition.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

bisticles posted:

Yeah, that looks like the retoucher worked skin smoothing on the face and neck, and just forgot to continue past the necklace line. It's a pretty harsh transition.

In other news, she sure is freckled.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Still catching up on last week's shows...

People on the show HONESTLY think that ANYONE wants to see Robin in Playboy? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I'd check it out. Shrug.

Also, Beth is hot.

brewz
Nov 25, 2000

I've been a listener since the show premiered on Sirius in 2006.

I'm out. Finished. Done.

Can someone recommend me a good podcast to fill my endless hours on the road? I've been listening to Democracy Now, Joe Rogan, and pretty much all the NPR stuff.

Anything else I should be aware of?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

brewz posted:

Mike and Tom Eat Snacks is hilarious.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

brewz posted:

I'm out. Finished. Done.

Can someone recommend me a good podcast to fill my endless hours on the road? I've been listening to Democracy Now, Joe Rogan, and pretty much all the NPR stuff.

The Nick and Artie Show has been talked up pretty good in this thread. https://www.nickandartie.com

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

brewz posted:

I'm out. Finished. Done.

I like Adam Carolla's. A lot of his stories are repeated but sometimes he brings is a simple point and I think "huh, I never thought of it like that."

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

brewz posted:

I'm out. Finished. Done.

Try here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3335405

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Viktor posted:

Photographer: Pretend you're holding up bags of money that you win in the divorce!

Also I remember years ago the Animal League actually lost money during a fund raiser because they didn't bring in enough to pay a telemarketing firm its fee for cold calling for donations.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Viktor posted:

"we have to kill the batman"

Wasn't there some whole expose on how North Shore was in fact a crooked organization or something?

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
I wonder if there are any pictures where she looks at an animal instead of at the camera.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.
Jesus, that KC call today was fuckin' surreal.

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

SUPPORTER OF THE REINSTATED LAWFUL HAWAIIAN GOVERNMENT. HAOLES GET OFF DA `AINA.

Brocktoon posted:

People on the show HONESTLY think that ANYONE wants to see Robin in Playboy? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

One thing I'll never understand is all the Robin stuff. She's a freaking whale and never has been attractive in anyway (for me at least). I find it hard to believe anyone would want to see an overweight balding middle aged woman in playboy.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

brewz posted:

I'm out. Finished. Done.

I'm also into the Adam Carrolla podcast. I get a bunch queued up on my smartphone, play it through my car stereo, skip commercials, and life is good. '

He's annoying sometimes, but who isn't? I don't feel like I'm missing much with Howard no longer in my car. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm liking this a good deal more, overall.

brewz
Nov 25, 2000

USMC_Karl posted:

One thing I'll never understand is all the Robin stuff. She's a freaking whale and never has been attractive in anyway (for me at least). I find it hard to believe anyone would want to see an overweight balding middle aged woman in playboy.

I've been hearing songs about those tits for years.

Surely I'm not the only (ex) Stern fan who wants to see "what's doin" with those big black titties?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

chiz posted:

"we have to kill the batman"

Wasn't there some whole expose on how North Shore was in fact a crooked organization or something?

http://lists.envirolink.org/pipermail/ar-news/Week-of-Mon-20040112/016768.html

Here's a bit about it. In 2004, the CEO made almost 350,000 year.

In NJ, there is a law that charities which receive state funding can't have Executive Directors/CEOs that made over a certain amount. It is a low number - 125,000 a year, maybe? (Low for CEO standards in the NYC area)

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Nov 1, 2011

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

brewz posted:

I've been hearing songs about those tits for years.

Surely I'm not the only (ex) Stern fan who wants to see "what's doin" with those big black titties?

I've been listening for close to 20 years and have never had any desire to see her naked.

The fact that she's so undesirable makes all those parody songs infinitely more hilarious.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Not that anyone needs to be reminded, but Benjy is a creepy gently caress.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

brewz posted:

I'm out. Finished. Done.

Uhh Yeah Dude is probably the best podcast I've ever heard. I can't stand adam corolla or joe rogan, though.

I'm about halfway through their 200+ episodes and I really enjoy it. They also don't have sponsors usually so you don't have to hear retarded reads for fleshlight like you will on other podcasts.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Brocktoon posted:

I've been listening for close to 20 years and have never had any desire to see her naked.

The fact that she's so undesirable makes all those parody songs infinitely more hilarious.

Even back in the channel 9 days, I never thought she was HOT. I always thought she was the school marm old lady of dignity and singing about licking the sweat off her oval office was hilarious, not erotic.

Joe Rogan had some funny bits, but I can't stand his personality or way of thinking. His radio pod cast would be on the FBI watch list if he wasn't a celebrity... I guess he is, host of Fear Factor and that one dude from newsradio.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

AxeManiac posted:

Even back in the channel 9 days, I never thought she was HOT. I always thought she was the school marm old lady of dignity and singing about licking the sweat off her oval office was hilarious, not erotic.

Robin was looking pretty good a couple years ago, but she seems to have ballooned up (surprise surprise) again.

Must be all those french fries in France.

fuzzi
Oct 14, 2002
I always kind of thought the joke was that she wasn't attractive, but the fact that she acted like she didn't want Howard intrigued him so much he starting wanting her. And yes, the fact that she's obnoxious and not hot makes the parody songs that much better.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
If you're a breast man, Robin was pretty appealing. I remember seeing her on the E! show when I was a wee teen. :3:

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
:siren: Eric the Midget voicemail and Jeff the Drunk call this morning :siren:

Then Howard complained about how he doesn't like something.

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Being European i have almost no knowledge of Howard Stern, where is the best place for me to start listening?

Can i get access to his old shows for free?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Ghetto Blaster posted:

Being European i have almost no knowledge of Howard Stern, where is the best place for me to start listening?

Can i get access to his old shows for free?

You can find stuff from his show on youtube. It's usually specific stuff though, as far as full shows, nah he doesn't stream them or anything.