Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Pablo Bluth posted:

A Question of Sport, and They Think It's All Over.

Don't
A Question of Sport can be funny, don't be so nerdy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Shelf Adventure posted:

They do have the League of Gentlemen doing some sketches for the next series, which should be great.

This is the best thing. Although it'll be interesting to see if they have actors like Mathew Baynton and Simon Farnaby doing that stuff with them.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

Captain Mediocre posted:

If we're going with radio panel shows then you can't miss So Wrong It's Right - hosted by Charlie Brooker and with many of the usual panel show guests. Its all on youtube.

If we're deviating onto radio then I'm obliged to mention The 99p Challenge, the king of modern radio panel games.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I did watch Burke & Hare (tip: don't bother) and the "Stupid deaths, stupid deaths" guy is in it (as are some LoG, if I remember rightly, perhaps they met there). He cracks me up.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Jonnty posted:

If we're deviating onto radio then I'm obliged to mention The 99p Challenge, the king of modern radio panel games.

It's not really that modern - they haven't made it since 2004

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Another radio suggestion is Just a Minute, but then again I may just like that because I have a mental age of about 65.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

Mr Beens posted:

It's not really that modern - they haven't made it since 2004

We're talking about radio - compared to Just a Minute, I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue and the News Quiz, it's positively embryonic.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009

Daius posted:

Another radio suggestion is Just a Minute, but then again I may just like that because I have a mental age of about 65.

Just a Minute can be great depending on the panellists, but Parsons is a dick.

Jawidar
Feb 17, 2007
Louis Theroux is doing a minute-by-minute commentary on his documentary on Twitter:

Loubot2000 posted:

I can get some good deals on tiger cubs. Direct message me for details.
:v:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
30 minute reminder to new Misfits.

Also, there's nothing like an episode of Jamie's American food Revolution for a condensed sample of American Stupidity.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Pablo Bluth posted:

A Question of Sport, and They Think It's All Over.

Don't

To be fair, They Think it's All Over is probably responsible for all the comedy panel shows we now have.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
No, that's Have I Got News For You.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Depends what you mean by "responsible". Have I Got News For You was originally just the TV version of The News Quiz. There's tons of earlier radio panel games, but they're "games" rather than "quizzes". Probably something like What's My Line? would be the first panel quiz, as in the panel actually having to answer a question rather than just playing a game.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Of course there were panel shows before, but They think it's all over's popularity directly lead to someone saying "hey, why don't we do the same thing, BUT WITH MUSIC?", and from there on in it was just any excuse to get a bunch of comedians and celebrities together.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Jonnty posted:

We're talking about radio - compared to Just a Minute, I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue and the News Quiz, it's positively embryonic.

Slightly similar to the News Quiz, except it's not panel based, is the Now Show, which is Punt & Dennis looking at current events, it's not on at the moment I think it's a seasonal show. I've never really understood UK TV/Radio schedules.

I've just watched Louis Theroux and some of the guys creeped me out, when the man was holding his monkey, and he got it to kiss him, and it slipped its tongue into his mouth :stare:
There was also a man who punched his cats in the face, and all his animals seemed scared of him, that was terrible :catstare: He also said his baboon took baths with him, I'm kinda hoping that the local authorities see this and close him down.

One thing I've argued with people about is Louis himself, I notice that a lot of people have a cynical opinion of Louis' naive/coy approach to asking questions, stating it's an at of sorts. My feelings are that he's genuinely curious and not wanting to outright condemn or be confrontational with the people he's interviewing and as such tries to frame probing questions in a polite manner, so they won't just close down on him.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Crankit posted:

Slightly similar to the News Quiz, except it's not panel based, is the Now Show, which is Punt & Dennis looking at current events, it's not on at the moment I think it's a seasonal show. I've never really understood UK TV/Radio schedules.

Don't they normally just alternate News Quiz/Now Show in series of 8-10 episodes on Fridays? I think they time it to have breaks for other stuff when Parliament is out.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Jimmy Saville's gone, so let's take a look at some of his best moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8M7yTSZpZg

Words fail me

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I want to punch that kid, which sounds bad, but she's 10+ years older than me and probably dying slowly on a council estate, my punch is only putting her out of her misery.

And even if she has some weird disease that keeps her exactly the same age as in that video, I'd still punch her.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
Did anyone watch Misfits last night? I forgot that it was on, but with the cast changes and the fact they have chosen a superpower rather than having one foisted upon them I'm not sure how much I'll like the new season.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Crankit posted:

I've just watched Louis Theroux and some of the guys creeped me out, when the man was holding his monkey, and he got it to kiss him, and it slipped its tongue into his mouth :stare:
There was also a man who punched his cats in the face, and all his animals seemed scared of him, that was terrible :catstare: He also said his baboon took baths with him, I'm kinda hoping that the local authorities see this and close him down.

One thing I've argued with people about is Louis himself, I notice that a lot of people have a cynical opinion of Louis' naive/coy approach to asking questions, stating it's an at of sorts. My feelings are that he's genuinely curious and not wanting to outright condemn or be confrontational with the people he's interviewing and as such tries to frame probing questions in a polite manner, so they won't just close down on him.
The bit with the Siberian Tiger was a bit unnerving to watch.

Edit: Wait, the convention thing about half way is kind of disturbing too.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Oct 31, 2011

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Ddraig posted:

Words fail me

Surely the "or build a wall" was an alternative to what the girl wanted to do. Her dream was to:

a) Do a Mauritian dance while her friend played the music

or

b) build a wall

Or am I missing something?

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Flipswitch posted:

The bit with the Siberian Tiger was a bit unnerving to watch.

Edit: Wait, the convention thing about half way is kind of disturbing too.

I worked out how to screenshot what I think is the creepiest bit

but I've got no idea if it's possible to record a short clip to youtube of Tim punching his cat in the face, or all the occasions where his animals are afraid of him. (I hope one of his animals eats him)

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
IFC playing Dead Set every Halloween is loving awesome and has quickly become something I must watch once a year.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

Crankit posted:

I worked out how to screenshot what I think is the creepiest bit
but I've got no idea if it's possible to record a short clip to youtube of Tim punching his cat in the face, or all the occasions where his animals are afraid of him. (I hope one of his animals eats him)

You could try capturing it with ManyCam or something.

N3RDSTER
Mar 27, 2010

hookerbot 5000 posted:

Did anyone watch Misfits last night? I forgot that it was on, but with the cast changes and the fact they have chosen a superpower rather than having one foisted upon them I'm not sure how much I'll like the new season.

It wasn't amazing, but with respect to the new powers it's worth watching just for Kelly's new talent.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I may dig out Ghostwatch for a re-run tonight. Man that scared the crap out of me when I watched it at 12, and also freaked me out some when I re-watched the DVD.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

hookerbot 5000 posted:

it has its own thread now

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3437432&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Ddraig posted:

Words fail me

Bitch can't lay brick for poo poo.

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
The dancing is spectacular though.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
The new iPlayer is a bit poo poo. It keeps having to buffer for me. Anyone else seeing performance issues with it or am I just lucky?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's been a bit poo poo for me too.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Sion posted:

The new iPlayer is a bit poo poo. It keeps having to buffer for me. Anyone else seeing performance issues with it or am I just lucky?

Does that for me too, it likes to stutter and automatically change the resolution a lot of the time as well, pretty annoying.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Yeah, iPlayer has gone from being great to really pretty poo poo now. Especially the dynamic resolution changes.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
At least the slider works properly now.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Leyburn posted:

At least the slider works properly now.

But adding or removing things to and from Favourites doesn't work in the latest firefox.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Any decent Halloween poo poo on tonight?

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Halloween is on the iPlayer.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

A History of Horror with Mark Gatiss is on BBC4 at 11pm.

Seem to recall that was an excellent show when it was broadcast last year sometime.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Ddraig posted:

Words fail me

The thought occurs that this is not a million miles away from Minipops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKcmHwjfCbg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
This Attack of the Trip Advisors show on 4 is ridiculous. What a bunch of :spergin: weirdos.