Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Fun Times! posted:

Is it pedophile or peedophile?

"Take or administer?"
"Stay or live?"

From the end of one of my absolute favorite segments, Seth's rant about Dren from episode 133. Few people could probably read an entire bodybuilding supplements catalog out loud and make it interesting, but I think Seth could pull it off.

"Is that him sleeping in bed?"
"That's him sleeping in bed, because this makes you grow while you sleep. It's a nighttime anabolic muscle activator."

"Look at this guy, look at how happy he is! His eyes are glowing yellow!"

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Oct 31, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Fun Times! posted:

Is it pedophile or peedophile?

Is it 'deffecate' or deefecate'?

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

"Is it [this] or [that]" always gets a laugh from me. My wife and I do it to each other all the time now as well and it has yet to stop being funny for either of us. We do avoid doing it in front of other people though.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
It's their consistency that keeps it funny. Every, drat, time one of those words comes up, they run that bit. And it keeps getting funnier.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Listening to 278 right now and it's a goldmine for good parts. Seth and Jah talking about old sperm and who has ejaculated more between the two of them. The whole segment about the kid who survived two plane crashes was hilarious.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

294's bit about living in a pharmacy had me in tears.

got your nose!
May 3, 2008

and i'm not giving it back
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uhh_yeah_dude

Jonathan Larroquette is the son of actor John Larroquette.[4] He was formerly part of a musical duo called "Jogger" with his friend Amir Yaghmai.[5] He was found dead in motel only a half mile from his home in Los Angeles. The initial coroner report stated alcohol poisoning as his cause of death. He had recently had his identity stolen which led to his relapse into alcoholism.

Soooo uh that's not true right?

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

got your nose! posted:

Jonathan Larroquette is the son of actor John Larroquette.[4] He was formerly part of a musical duo called "Jogger" with his friend Amir Yaghmai.[5] He was found dead in motel only a half mile from his home in Los Angeles. The initial coroner report stated alcohol poisoning as his cause of death. He had recently had his identity stolen which led to his relapse into alcoholism.

Revision history is your friend: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Uhh_Yeah_Dude&action=history

Someone has been trying to edit in spurious statements of Jah's death for a few days now it seems.

deetron69
Jan 18, 2005
Within the past couple episodes, Seth talked about how Jah told him about a rapper named Lady, which was a life-changing experience for him. Figure I'd pass on the love:

:nws: for crazy booty shakin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx7uQrt4Enc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvN9YwiveXc

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

What the hell does yankin even mean? Oh Christ, that's exactly what I had in mind when they started talking about Lady.

0xB16B00B5
Aug 24, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
this is definitely one of the best talk shows I've heard. podcast or not. I've listened to maybe half of whats out there now, and go through more every day.

widunder
May 2, 2002

got your nose! posted:

It might be a call back to when Seth gave Jonathan poo poo for going on and on about his identity theft, specifically, when Jonathan accidentally called Seth up while he was chatting up a girl. "Talking about his identity theft, doing Uhh Yeah Dude in real life".

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
My favorite Jah story was when he talked about loving a cantaloupe and his mom called him the day after the episode came out, and just said "A cantaloupe? Really Johnathan?"

JethroMcB posted:

From the end of one of my absolute favorite segments, Seth's rant about Dren from episode 133. Few people could probably read an entire bodybuilding supplements catalog out loud and make it interesting, but I think Seth could pull it off.

loving this, listen to it, do it now.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
Bloomin' one-ion for this aw-shuckser.

Rudy Riot
Nov 18, 2007

I'll catch you Bran! Hmm... nevermind.
Since I'm still working my way through this from the beginning, I'm at the early 100s (116 I think) and just heard Seth call out Jonathan's cameo in the TISA video for Obama. He looks too funny! In the bottom left corner.

http://youtu.be/EbjBHkKiS4c#t=01m06s

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I've been listening to UYD for probably 2-3 years now, I have one of my best friends to thank for introducing me to it. CD on a car ride somewhere, I think.

I burned so many eps for when I had a job as a delivery driver and when the CD player in my car died, I was legit bummed about losing UYD on the job. Now I get around mostly by walking and I pump my MP3 player full of eps, new ones and old.

I hope Seth and Jah never stop, I love listening to them every week, and I'm glad they've gotten their monsterweb fame on.

The first "Jonathan Story" I clicked on in this thread was of Jah saving him from getting pulled by cops on the way home from Blues Traveler, it's one of my absolute favorites, I love when he busts em out.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

Oz Fox posted:

Within the past couple episodes, Seth talked about how Jah told him about a rapper named Lady, which was a life-changing experience for him. Figure I'd pass on the love:

:nws: for crazy booty shakin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx7uQrt4Enc

I feel legitimately hypnotized now, what the hell :stare:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Admiral Goodenough posted:

I feel legitimately hypnotized now, what the hell :stare:

Yeah you know you want that pussy yanked

I think...I don't really know what she is saying.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
How much time do you have to leave a message on the voice-mail? One of these days I'm going to stop being such a pussy and call.

hrpff
Jun 19, 2004
undercooked Wendy's burgers or something

Eltoasto posted:

Yeah you know you want that pussy yanked

I think...I don't really know what she is saying.

I thought the pussy was the one doing the yanking.

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin
"I don't want to tell tales out of school"

I love when Seth talks like an 80 year old woman.

Also, his rant on the guy from Friends buying and selling real estate was hilarious.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I liked when they were amazed at the Malcolm in the Middle kid owning like 10 homes and selling one to Cee Lo.

Rudy Riot
Nov 18, 2007

Just saw a Chantix commercial. Still has a warning of "unusual dreams"! Their rants on Chantix dreams were hilarious. "It'll give you flashbacks to sailing down the Mekong Delta during Nam even though you're only 30 years old!"

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Up to episode twenty-two of my re-run through of all the episodes, even going to listen to the infamous fight one when I get to it, and I love how angry Seth gets at Jah leaving stupid messages on his answering machine.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

Up to episode twenty-two of my re-run through of all the episodes, even going to listen to the infamous fight one when I get to it, and I love how angry Seth gets at Jah leaving stupid messages on his answering machine.

They even mentioned the fight in the latest episode, attributing the 'time they almost killed each other,' to the carbon monoxide leak.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

After doing the show for almost 300 eps, I'm surprised they haven't fought on the show more than once. I know if I was sitting in a room with my friends talking about current events we would argue a lot more than that.

Getting ready to listen to the story where Jah says he climbed into bed with his parents tripping.

Incorrect Username
Feb 21, 2011

Biodome posted:

Listening to 278 right now and it's a goldmine for good parts. Seth and Jah talking about old sperm and who has ejaculated more between the two of them. The whole segment about the kid who survived two plane crashes was hilarious.
That reminds me of the episode where they were discussing who's sperm was faster. Eventually they settled on 'first sperm to reach Vegas, wins'. Had me in stitches.

Also JIZZFACE! REWIND DEM JIZZFACE! never fails to crack me up. Especially the way Jonathan casually drops 'so I came on my own face yesterday' into conversation.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I have listened to the Twin Jets bit every day for the past few days and made my wife listen to it tonight. Still funny.

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/06/us/andy-rooney-mainstay-on-60-minutes-dead-at-92.html?_r=1

I can't wait to see what Seth has to say.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

The second I saw that story on my phone, I called the voicemail with my condolences.

Rudy Riot
Nov 18, 2007

They're doing a show in Seattle, Jan 13th:

http://stgpresents.org/artists/?artist=1771

Wish I could go!

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Was there no episode this week?

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Song For The Deaf posted:

Was there no episode this week?

Sure there was. The 10/27 ep came out 11/1, like usual, and there will probably be an 11/3 ep out on the 8th.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's with episodes being recorded on Thursday or Friday but not being uploaded until Monday or Tuesday?

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

That's Jah being a lazy.

They used to put episodes out the day after. That's pretty crazy.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Professor Latency posted:

That's Jah being a lazy.

They used to put episodes out the day after. That's pretty crazy.

To be fair it does sound like his life is kind of falling apart. Again.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

a pipe smoking dog posted:

To be fair it does sound like his life is kind of falling apart. Again.

It is again? I haven't noticed in the last few episodes.

Edit: Seth's sobriety rants are amazing in 137.

Drewsky fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Nov 8, 2011

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Drewsky posted:

It is again? I haven't noticed in the last few episodes.

In one episode he was talking about being engaged again and never thinking he'd be getting married for the second time, and a few episodes later it sounds like he's been kicking out or something.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Drewsky posted:

"Y'know sometimes it's just better to just NEVER EVER leave your own reality EVER once NEVER sixandahalfyears and just look at life the way it is, and never ever escape to a dreamscape of peace and happiness."

Stay strong, Seth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widunder
May 2, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

"Y'know sometimes it's just better to just NEVER EVER leave your own reality EVER once NEVER sixandahalfyears and just look at life the way it is, and never ever escape to a dreamscape of peace and happiness."

Stay strong, Seth.
This is probably my favorite Seth going crazy moment.