Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Yeah as far as I know it went in like it should. However, I remembered I made a backup of my entire vanilla New Vegas install before I threw too many mods in at once and ruined things.

This included the normal muzzle flashes.

:mad: I've just about had it with you, gun.

HANG ON I'M FIXING MY poo poo. Varmint rifle, pfft.

What am I gonna shoot with that 5.56 baby bullet? Poodles? Yeah, probably.

Radioactive poodles are the worst.

GET YOUR GLOWING poo poo OFF MY YARD

AND THE YARD ACROSS THE STREET

:buddy:

:buddy::clint::stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Ever since I installed "Creatures Give You Hell", I hardly recognize Sunny Smiles. She always dies 5 minutes into my game when she chooses to fist-fight the decidedly tougher geckos.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
For those still interested, I'm currently packaging up RC1 for The Armory 2.5 for extensive testing. Meaning... really, really soon. The changelog between 2.0 and 2.5 is insane, with an unreal focus on quality control amongst other things. I think we're all happy with this release.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Not until we add these!!!

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
I finally got the Extended New Vegas Radio Generator up and running.

I did a purge and re-download from Steam this weekend to see if that would fix the problem. (It didn't).

After screwing around with audio settings, driver versions, game settings, and file formats, I finally identified the problem. A single corrupted registry entry which was preventing the proper audio codec from running.

Since the in-world radio uses a different file format than the PipBoy radio, it was never impacted. The newest build of the K-Lite Codec Pack managed to overwrite the error and kick everything back to life.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
Started re-redoing the AMR, since I always felt that was one of my poorest textures for a good while..

hairrorist
Mar 29, 2011
In the context of how awesome the rest of the textures are, you are correct. This is looking great!

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
Are there any mods that add a usable shield to the game? I feel it would be a cool addition, but a quick search hasn't come up anything like it.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Demitri Omni posted:

Are there any mods that add a usable shield to the game? I feel it would be a cool addition, but a quick search hasn't come up anything like it.

I made a quick riot shield for Talkie Toaster a while back but I think he was having issues making animations work.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Demitri Omni posted:

There's this, but it looks like a pain in the rear end to use.

RebelWorm
Mar 23, 2011

I'm a tough guy
So, I installed A Requiem for the Capital Wasteland and for some reason I can't listen to Radio New Vegas. All the other stations work fine, but if I start an old game it says "Radio New Vegas signal lost" and if a new game it never finds it. Any idea whats causing this? Here's my load order if it helps:

code:

Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
ThePitt.esm
Zeta.esm
FalloutNV.esm
CaravanPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
courierpowerarmor.esp
ED-E is a spotter.esp
Big Big Boomer.esp
LegendaryHunter.esp
DeadMoneyEquipmentFixes.esp
DeadMoneyCaravanCardFix.esp
DLM_Dead Money Deans Blackmail holo fix.esp
EMR-StealthSuitMkII.esp
FalloutNVCheatTerminal.esp
Machienzo-RadioNewVegasFixv11.esp
ESM Fixer.esp
RFCW_MegatonFix.esp
RFCW_fix112crash.esp
RFCW_Main_FO3Edit.esp
RFCW_Main.esp
RFCW_Anchorage_Main.esp
RFCW_BrokenSteel_Main.esp
RFCW - Point Lookout Patch.esp
RFCW_MagicSewerTravelPoint.esp

Total active plugins: 35
Total plugins: 38

I'm using the most recent version.

EDIT: Also it steals all my items and resets my stats if I start an old save.

RebelWorm fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 2, 2011

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Naky posted:

I made a quick riot shield for Talkie Toaster a while back but I think he was having issues making animations work.
Yeah, I ended up giving up on it. Something about it caused CTDs when it was parented/deparented, there must be some flag somewhere that tells the game when a mesh is expected to keep being vanished :shrug:.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I have my fov set to default, it was fine, I just started the game, I went into MCM to do my tweaks on PN and FOOK, and I came out, and my fov was zoomed out really far(I could see my whole hand + the entire clip of the pistol)

FalloutNV.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
IWR.esm
IWS-Core.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
iHUD.esm
New Vegas Redesigned.esm
FOOK - New Vegas.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CASM.esp
IWR - Rebuilt.esp
Lore version.esp
Better Burned Man.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - OWB Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - LR Sharing Fix.esp
CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp
CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-HH.esp
IWS-OWB.esp
IWS-LR.esp
ManualReload.esp
Tag Skills Improved.esp
ADAM - MAIN.esp
ADAM - HH.esp
ADAM - LR.esp
ADAM - Rangers on Patrol.esp
CompanionDisguises.esp
noautoaim.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Nights are Darker 25%.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
FOOK - New Vegas.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Weightless Ammo.esp
Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp

Total active plugins: 50
Total plugins: 50

Also how do you know if the 4GB.exe is actually working?

Brace fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Nov 5, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Brace posted:

I have my fov set to default, it was fine, I just started the game, I went into MCM to do my tweaks on PN and FOOK, and I came out, and my fov was zoomed out really far(I could see my whole hand + the entire clip of the pistol)

Also how do you know if the 4GB.exe is actually working?

1. Does it always do that? Or was the FOV thing just a one time thing? Generally FOV settings reset when you restart the game, unless you manually set them in the .ini.

2. You usually don't know if the 4GB is actually working as intended. If your game crashes less, you can generally assume it's working correctly.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
So I never played through New Vegas given how buggy the game was at launch, but now that a year has passed I thought I'd give it a try. What mods would you recommend for me in that context? I'm not really interested in mods that give you uber weapons or change around the plot, but I definitely am interested in ones that make things look better or clean up stupid decisions (UI, bugs, etc.)

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I've got a question about the 4GB enabler. When I'm using it to play, Steam lists me as playing a non-Steam game and screenshots get attributed to "Fallout: New Vegas 4GB" (which is what I titled the shortcut as in the Steam library). However, Steam also seems to recognize on some level that I'm playing New Vegas, since my hours played increase and it lists it as last played today. What I'm wondering is if the 4GB enabler will stop me from getting Steam achievements?

hairrorist
Mar 29, 2011
A basic list of must-haves with stability in mind would probably include:
*Project Nevada
*FOOK
*Powered Power Armor
* A texture pack, NMC or Ojo Bueno. If your computing power is limited, Poco Bueno looks 95% as good and runs very fast.
*Weather, either Nevada Skies or Project Reality
*Weapon Mods eXpanded (WMX)
*Essential Visual Enhancements (optional, some don't like it although I've found the newest version to work pretty flawlessly.
*Imaginator
*Monster Mod (MoMOD) is neat but totally optional.
*New Vegas Bounties I & II just to witness the highest quality and most professional mod I've seen. Neat little quest lines that feel like they belong.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Brackhar posted:

So I never played through New Vegas given how buggy the game was at launch, but now that a year has passed I thought I'd give it a try. What mods would you recommend for me in that context? I'm not really interested in mods that give you uber weapons or change around the plot, but I definitely am interested in ones that make things look better or clean up stupid decisions (UI, bugs, etc.)

In that context I would still recommend going through the game without any mods first, there aren't really any must haves since new vegas manages to hold up on its own alot better then fallout 3 did.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I have the same(more or less) load order that I posted above, but I have tag skills improved as the very last mod loaded, and yet I still only get one point per point investment in my tag skills? This doesn't make sense to me and is shattering my knowledge of modding

Deino
Dec 14, 2010

Woebin posted:

What I'm wondering is if the 4GB enabler will stop me from getting Steam achievements?

Nah, if you're using the 4GB enabler you'll still be able to receive Steam achievements. Just keep in mind that if you open the console at any time during play, it'll disable the acquisition of achievements.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

So those of you who are heavily into modding FNV: planning on moving onto Skyrim? Just curious because I'd love to see some Arenovalis bow retextures or Naky's compilation of ridiculous broadswords.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I'm gonna make a mountain lair in Skyrim! :downs:

Edit: And while we're at it, Here is the final release of Lombard Station. The last of the big bugs are fixed, and OWB's is fully supported. I'd love to keep supporting it, but quite frankly I'm incredibly burned out with New Vegas and I'm looking forward to doing stuff with Skyrim. If anyone ever wants to do anything with this mod, you're more than welcome to. If you need any help making sense of anything, just PM me and I'll do my best to help.

Download Link: (If the link in the OP could be changed to this I'd be much obliged.)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1RDSFCXM

Lombard Station, Final Release posted:

++Lombard Station, Release 05++

- Final Release for time being.
- OWB content supported. Station linked to The Sink via teleporter once OWB is complete. Allows for use of The Sink/Lombard Station as a single large hideout!
- Major Bug with map marker and intro quest fixed. No longer possible to accidentally leave the map marker

disabled.
-Minor Bug fixes across the board. A few typo and NavMeshing errors also fixed.

Omnicarus fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Nov 6, 2011

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Omnicarus posted:

A place where I can hang all my swords and maces?! Yes.

Pull a 180 and make it as big as possible, and confusing!

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Omnicarus posted:

Edit: And while we're at it, Here is the final release of Lombard Station. The last of the big bugs are fixed, and OWB's is fully supported. I'd love to keep supporting it, but quite frankly I'm incredibly burned out with New Vegas and I'm looking forward to doing stuff with Skyrim. If anyone ever wants to do anything with this mod, you're more than welcome to. If you need any help making sense of anything, just PM me and I'll do my best to help.

Download Link: (If the link in the OP could be changed to this I'd be much obliged.)

I was so ready to be furiously mad at you for not making the entrance to the Sink the actual sink, but the teleporter is pretty awesome. Nice job, I'm lovin' this HQ.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

fennesz posted:

So those of you who are heavily into modding FNV: planning on moving onto Skyrim? Just curious because I'd love to see some Arenovalis bow retextures or Naky's compilation of ridiculous broadswords.

No weapon mod for me in Skyrim. In fact, The Armory 2.5 will be the last major update featuring a lot of the work done by me. It will be up to the rest of the team if they continue it afterwards.

That being said, I'm briefly considering reviving the Hall of Heroes - an old mod I made for Morrowind - for Skyrim. We'll see. Maybe I'll team up with Omni for it :D

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Deino posted:

Nah, if you're using the 4GB enabler you'll still be able to receive Steam achievements. Just keep in mind that if you open the console at any time during play, it'll disable the acquisition of achievements.
Awesome, thanks.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I almost forgot about this. Some time ago I said in this thread that I updated that Headmod thing I put together from oblivion resources. (For people who don't know what I'm talking about, here)

Well here it is:

Head06_Update.7z - 6.84MB

Basically, it makes the seam less obvious and makes the toning of the skin work better. It might be necessary to readjust the skin toning of already created characters via showracemenu in the console.

Note:If you're reading this and decide to download the full mod in the linked thread, the files are already updated there and you don't need the update.

Update on the Armor Collection
I'm in a complete slump at the moment and busy with doing non-mod related things, this is especially sad seing the mod is basically almost finished but I can't force myself at the moment to do it. Who knows, when Skyrim comes out probably nobody's gonna care, but still. I'll probably finish it, seeing as it's basically already done but no ETA at the moment. Sorry again!

Gnomebitten
Mar 31, 2011

Shave Early. Shave Yourself.
So I have a project I've been wanting to do and it's required slogging through pages and pages of mods on the Nexus, but I figured maybe you guys would know better.

I'm looking for horrible mods. Not badly made mods per se, just horrible ones. Like Veronica is an anime, or Nic Cage's face texture. If anyone knew any that was along those lines off the top of their head, it'd be much appreciated.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
You mean tasteless and insanely over the top right?

Here is one a Hello Kitty knife.

And look Haloween decorations!

Have some pink Securitons too!

And turn on Adult Content in the top 100 submissions list too for some lovely surprises.

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

Omnicarus posted:

Link didn't work, can you re-upload it please? :)

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Retrograde posted:

Link didn't work, can you re-upload it please? :)

You may want to try again. MegaUpload wasn't coming up for me at all while it was down but it's back up now for me.

Gnomebitten
Mar 31, 2011

Shave Early. Shave Yourself.

SeanBeansShako posted:

You mean tasteless and insanely over the top right?

Here is one a Hello Kitty knife.

And look Haloween decorations!

Have some pink Securitons too!

And turn on Adult Content in the top 100 submissions list too for some lovely surprises.

Yeah, I saw the hello kitty knife.

The main problem with the adult mods is that I was trying to avoid nudity, but whatcha gonna do.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
Too bad you don't play fallout 3, I've noticed a very sharp increase of weirdness in FO3 mods a while after NV came out, I wonder if the same will happen when Skyrim comes out for NV. Also everyone should check out the Oblivion mods for shits and giggles, that stuff is outright bizarre by now.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Police Automaton posted:

Too bad you don't play fallout 3, I've noticed a very sharp increase of weirdness in FO3 mods a while after NV came out, I wonder if the same will happen when Skyrim comes out for NV. Also everyone should check out the Oblivion mods for shits and giggles, that stuff is outright bizarre by now.

I've noticed this, too. It's like the most current game is a party, and when the next big thing is released, a majority of the crowd flocks to it, leaving behind a handful 3AM of weirdos that go, "Awesome, now that we have some privacy :getin:"

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I've noticed this, too. It's like the most current game is a party, and when the next big thing is released, a majority of the crowd flocks to it, leaving behind a handful 3AM of weirdos that go, "Awesome, now that we have some privacy :getin:"

This does seem to be the trend. Oblivion now has a mod that makes every female in Oblivion really, really pregnant, including the PC. We need a combination of :stare: and :psyduck:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Omnicarus posted:

We need a combination of :stare: and :psyduck:

I have just what we need:

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Jesus Christ, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. My load order is condensed, and just downright efficient(Removed FOOK, no weather mods, small NMC texturepack, high settings but reasonable.), 4GB enabler, the new stutter remover , no ridiculous mods that change anything, no crazy .ini tweaks I don't think, and I run gamebooster. Harddrive isn't fragged either. But as soon as I go outside, and walk around, my FPS will jump between 20 and 40 fps, always in that range. E8400 at 4GHZ, GTX280, 4GB of Ram, I seriously don't know what else I can do? Is there anything that just makes the performance of this game turn to stuttery garbage any time you do anything?

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Brace posted:

Jesus Christ, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. My load order is condensed, and just downright efficient(Removed FOOK, no weather mods, small NMC texturepack, high settings but reasonable.), 4GB enabler, the new stutter remover , no ridiculous mods that change anything, no crazy .ini tweaks I don't think, and I run gamebooster. Harddrive isn't fragged either. But as soon as I go outside, and walk around, my FPS will jump between 20 and 40 fps, always in that range. E8400 at 4GHZ, GTX280, 4GB of Ram, I seriously don't know what else I can do? Is there anything that just makes the performance of this game turn to stuttery garbage any time you do anything?

If you played lots of Oblivion like your red title and AV suggests, then welcome to the world of Fallout! For some reason the quite smooth (on modern systems) oblivion outdoor performance was just GONE in FO3 and never came back.

EDIT: Whoops you did post your load order, sorry!

Parselmouth
Feb 4, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Brace posted:

Yeah actually try http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34778. My game ran like poo poo before I used that dll.

Edit: Actually I used the ATI version but it does the same thing. It says this bug is fixed by the latest patch and you don't need the new dll but it makes the difference between stuttering, laggy play and completely smooth play.

Parselmouth fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
/\ If you patched your game I wouldn't use the .dll anymore, it's plain unnecessary. /\